PDA

View Full Version : Phantoms Revenge(Kennywood)

JoystickKing
05-04-2001, 05:54 PM
Has anybody got some good news on Phantom besides it won't invert, it'l keep the 2nd and 1st drops, and it will still cross Thunderbolt?
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>What would happen if you bounced on a trampoline while being hung from a bungee cord?<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boardadmin on 2001-07-14 16:19 ]</font>

Hombre69
05-04-2001, 06:55 PM
Yea it is still going through the Thunderbolt and supposedly they made the second drop steeper. although they did take out all the inversions, it still looks like its gonna be a great ride. I was there last sunday and they were letting people up into the station to check out the construction. All the track is in so it just needs welded and tested.
<BR>Not too much longer now!

Coasterman2k1
06-17-2001, 12:13 PM
great

Tom Zeliff
06-17-2001, 01:35 PM
Ummm, guys? The coaster has opened to the public.
<BR>
<BR>-Tom

coastercrazy1209
06-18-2001, 05:32 PM
Yes it has and I rode it just three days ago and let me tell you!
<BR>
<BR>This is one of the top three coasters I have ever ridden in my life. The air time is unmatched by ANY, I mean ANY coaster. The lapbar restraints are also freaky. New. Weird. While the first two drops are basically the same with hardly any air time, the rest of the ride is totally DIVINE. Ride it toward the back. It is so smooth. And it is just plain awesome. Nothing can be said about it.
<BR>
<BR>Anyway, they have to take down the Thunderbolt (it is rumored) because Phantom and Thunderbolt use up too much energy or something like that. Anyway, I heard it was being moved, but to where? It is built into the hill. Maybe they are just repairing it, but it was stone cold closed when I went. I was so disappointed because that was what we came for and we almost went back home. But once we were in the park and rode the Phantom's Revenge, MAN!!! It is so great. You just have to ride it. It is worth as long a wait as MF in my opinion. JUST RIDE IT!!

DBCooper
06-18-2001, 05:50 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-18 17:32, coastercrazy1209 wrote:
<BR>The lapbar restraints are also freaky. New. Weird.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>How so? New design or just a weird fit?

yellowice91
06-26-2001, 09:10 AM
It is a sweet coaster although I still think that the Steel Phantom was better with the loops and corkscrew. Oh well it still is a good coaster. But the Phantom will live on.

cp_kw_pki_and_woa_fan
06-26-2001, 05:40 PM
Rode it 3 times yesterday and I think it is awesome!

ecdubfan
06-26-2001, 09:01 PM
PR is awesome. BTW - Thunderbolt is now open for business!!!

natem24
06-26-2001, 09:09 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-18 17:50, DBCooper wrote:
<BR><!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-18 17:32, coastercrazy1209 wrote:
<BR>The lapbar restraints are also freaky. New. Weird.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>How so? New design or just a weird fit?
<BR>Well there is a seat belt very simialar to that of a car.Then over top of that comes your black lapbar that is nicely curved to give u comfort and airtime.It doesnt touch your body at all.And by the way they arent moving the thunderbolt,just some areas of the ground are a little unstable.They will brace these up.

SteelPhantom
06-26-2001, 09:20 PM
my aunt and uncle live in a town that is 20 minutes away from kennywood, and they had an article in the paper so i decided to read it. It said everything that ug uys have mentioned, except one thing: they have added in a camel hump right after the first hill when ur going straight. THINK ABOUT THAT! that must give u the best air time...i hear its very good and i hope i can go on it..im happy enough to catch the phantom in its last year

natem24
06-26-2001, 09:23 PM
Nope that was scrapped before production.After many simulations they realized it would waste speed and room.It also might not have even worked.....The Big half up helix is great u pull some wicked g's then there are bunny hops with tons of airtime and a surprise turn and bunny hop at the end.

beltzies64
06-26-2001, 09:53 PM
The lapbars pull down from the side of the train, I don't think the other guy mentioned that. It is my number 3 hyper, behind Millennium Force (giga) and Magnum.