PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - June 3

Tim Santa Cruz
06-05-2001, 12:43 AM
TR: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
<BR>
<BR>I visited SFMW on Sunday, and left early to head down to Santa Cruz and visitmy Boardwalk. It is mine. See, my name is Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk... Get it? Anyway...
<BR>
<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Giant Dipper</B><!-- BBCode End -->
<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><I>Arthur Loof Wooden</I><!-- BBCode End -->
<BR>The tunnel was great. I don't this I've ever been on a coaster with such a cool begining. The rest of the ride was good. Aside from the tunnel, I like the San Diego model better. Still, I think they will always rank right next to each other. As a side note, the cost for the ride $3.60 is cheaper than the Santa Monica West Coaster...
<BR>Grade: B
<BR>
<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Hurricane</B><!-- BBCode End -->
<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><I>SDC Steel Twister</I><!-- BBCode End -->
<BR>My goodness, I thought Goliath had intense turns. I really love the dive after the brake run. Very similar to Flashback's dive's but without the OTSR. Very fun ride. Slightly bumpy, but not unbearable.
<BR>Grade: C
<BR>
<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Cave Train Adventure</B><!-- BBCode End -->
<BR>A trip through the prehistoric city of Cave Rock. Has some striking similarites to Santa Cruz and Bedrock. The animitraonics and jokes were corny, but fun. If your cynical, don't ride it. If you enjoy dark rides, Enjoy.
<BR>
<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Haunted Castle</B><!-- BBCode End -->
<BR>Classic dark ride horror. I thought this ride was great. Some of the scares were really good. The darkness was utilized very effectively. If you're at the Beach Boardwalk, you have to ride this.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>A final word. I wish there were more parks like this in California. San Diego and Santa Monica are so halfhearted, that they look like a joke in comparison. I really hope to make it back here soon.