PDA

View Full Version : Coaster Works for Sega Dreamcast

coasterlove
06-05-2001, 12:49 AM
I just bought Coaster Works today, I played it for about an hour. It seems like fun but it also appears to be very limited in the types of coasters. The graphics are good but not great. They're more realistic than RCT or the computer games out there in the roller coaster variety. I only payed $20 for it, so I'm not disappointed. I'll leave further updates on this as I paly on to let anyone know how this game is. It also might be hard to find, it was delayed many times and not many people know about it.

darthskaven
06-05-2001, 01:33 PM
Can you build inverted coasters?

coasterlove
06-06-2001, 12:57 AM
I played the game some more today. So far there is only 1 type!!! It doesn't have a specific name but it would be an Arrow type that has the ability to do loops or other types of inversions. You can do a lot with the coaster which is cool, you can change the angle at any point to just about any degree unlike RCT. The first person POV of the completed ride is nice and realistic. My complaints so far, besides no other types of coasters is limited land space. If you thought it was hard to build an out and back coaster in RCT, you can forget about it here. The game seems kind of easy, RCT proabably helped me in understanding the coaster elelments. I'll leave more updates as I progress further into the game. So far, an alright purchase if you can find it cheap (under $20). Otherwise at this point I'd say get it only if you have to have every coaster game out there.

coasterlove
06-22-2001, 11:09 PM
Hi, sorry to anybody waiting for updates. I haven't played the game much recently so I haven't had anything new to post. I did play it again today and beat it. It's a very easy and short game. It only took me three or four sitdown and play it to beat it. So you can say the game does not have the longevity of RCT for sure. It has it fun things in it, but not enough to spend a lot on it. There is only the one type of coaster which is unforgivable. "Riding' your own coaster is cool but overall, I would say rent it before buying it and of course if you do buy it you need a memory pack to save. Anybody who has a Dreamcast probably would already know that but just in case.

slipknot8527
06-22-2001, 11:24 PM
Where did you purchase this? I thought it was delayed! Thanks for the update Im gonna go buy it...
<BR>

coasterlove
06-25-2001, 10:28 PM
I found it at the Best Buy near me. This was a about a month ago or so, I haven't seen the game in there recently but itmight be there. You also might want to check out video game spcific stores (ex) electronic boutique or funcoland, not sure what stores might be by you.