PDA

View Full Version : I see Paris, I see France, I see SFNJ Clearing Land!

Chris L
06-26-2002, 03:40 AM
There seems to be something lurking about in the branchy woods of Jackson, New Jersey...

Can we say ;) :confused:

Make what you will of the photographs below, but I'm pretty sure they're not clearing those trees just because they're dead...;)

• http://sixflagsnews.com/Equipment.jpg

• http://sixflagsnews.com/111.jpg

mrk468zz
06-26-2002, 07:49 AM
OMG!!! I think I saw bigfoot in one of those pictures!!!!

Anyhoo, I like the idea of a B&M flyer, but who knows what it'll be.

RaptorXLC
06-26-2002, 11:08 AM
http://www.sixflagsnews.com/04-02-02X.jpg

Take a look at this view of the land clearing.

Alex T
06-26-2002, 11:36 AM
Whoa, definiately looks like SFGADV will be getting something next year. I wonder if they'll get a huge expansion like MM and get 3 rides in the same year. I kind of doubt it though. At least there is some proof that something is going on over there.

medusa7787
06-26-2002, 07:04 PM
im going on the 8th and ill take some new pics, like ill try to get some from the top of a coaster or something. i hope us here in nj do get something, but unlike other ppl that have sfgadv as a homepark, i wont be upset if we dont, b/c we have plenty of other great coasters.

Chris L
06-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by medusa7787
im going on the 8th and ill take some new pics, like ill try to get some from the top of a coaster or something. i hope us here in nj do get something, but unlike other ppl that have sfgadv as a homepark, i wont be upset if we dont, b/c we have plenty of other great coasters.

I like that attitude. Optomistic, but not so absorbed into believing it will be the greatest thing since whatever the greatest thing is. And yes you are right, Great Adventure does have a whole load of fun toys ;) :)

coastergnome
06-28-2002, 02:42 PM
wow that looks like some actual proof have not seen that before.

i am being honest some one finally had the idea to take pictures of the infamous land clearing you must have one nice camera to get that distance i was there on the 26 and saw slight empty holes in the woods around the lake but i just brought a cheesy throw away camera so i could no way get those great shots. does look kinda odd though why would they do land cleaaring now and so far away it seems like there is a whole new area being cleared in there and yet it is so far away from the actual park o well just hope it wont end up as a parking or a water retention pond lol. do hope too find out what they are doing though
p.s
also when i was there i have some contsruction photos of chiller. to my great surprise the whole ride was down b/c the were taking off the brakes at the end of the tracks and replacing them it looked like it was going to be down for awhile hope not though

Medusa1861
06-28-2002, 05:02 PM
When I went there, the land clearing looked like nothing much, just the dam thing, but I do hope we get all that stuff that was saying, but it doesn't seem like SFGAdv is missing sumthing like coasters..it's missing somthing else...somthing like to make it cleaner...get rid of the gum...Yuck i can't stand gum!But besides that it's missing somthing..

GigaForce31889
06-28-2002, 08:45 PM
O sweet...maybe a flyer for the Northeast (well, mid northeast)

coastergnome
06-29-2002, 10:37 AM
medusa your right there is something about great adventure the is has a lacking of some sort but not sure what i guess u can call it atmosphere and other big attractions just not coasters like a gyro drop and some real kool other non coaster ride it would make the park alot more leveld out

medusa7787
06-29-2002, 12:09 PM
how do u know that chiller? well ill take a guess of either viper,gasm, or rollin thunder

Chris L
06-30-2002, 11:43 AM
I have a good feeling towards Viper's removal. That POS is just waiting to be torn off park property. It was so close to being sent to the chopping block last season...

Oh, only one can hope for now ;)

...GASM or Rolling Thunder also make good contestants.

medusa7787
06-30-2002, 11:52 AM
well if its gonna be put where viper is, we dont have many choices. we wont get a launched b/c chiller already uses enough power, and i doubt we'll get a deja vu clone. so what could rlly go where viper is? i dont think vipers spot is valuable real estate for a new coaster, whic is why i think viper will stay and gasm or rt will be removed if a coaster is removed.

Chris L
06-30-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm thinking a Mad/Wild Mouse in its place. ;)

Why not? It's a good possiblity, and they are yet to see a ride even close in resemblance to one.

RaptorXLC
06-30-2002, 12:13 PM
I don't think they will, but if they took down RT and Viper, that would be a pretty nice chunk of land for a new coaster.

medusa7787
06-30-2002, 03:57 PM
are u suggesting this or are you teasing us b/c u know but cant tell?

alpie
06-30-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Chiller1472
Just so you know that land clearing has absolutely NOTHING to do with any type of new ride/section. There will be a new coaster next year, but something (take a wild guess) will be taken down to make room for it. Happy flying :)

I'll trust our inside source... we don't need no steenkin' mouse... sounds like we may get what SFOG's got?

As for the land clearing... it does look a little far away to be a ride... maybe a new hotel, admin building, golf course... or somebody's really serious about collecting some firewood....

Nitro Boy
06-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Well I can say right now the SF's chain is getting 2 or 3 B&M flyers next year. One for SFGAM, one For SFGADV, and the other.....who knows......

But back to great adventure, just think Flyer and think of what Kennywood did with the Thunderbolt. ;)

SFGrEaTaDvEnTuR
07-01-2002, 12:31 PM
I dont post much here but when it comes down to GADV land clearing im here....I actualy took all those pictures and spent like 500 in a camera just to take them....Rumor is the land clear is for the new hotel and golf course....You can actualy see the golf course already....Do not be expecting to see anymore land clearing now because the trees have filled in now and you can see past them....I hate to plug any sites but there is like 10 photos on Sixflagsnews of the land clearing.....PEACE....

DarkRider
07-01-2002, 02:32 PM
If we get the rumoured flyer and it is a beemer, does that make SFGadv the 1st SF or US park with 4 B&M's? Jest Curious.

RiFT
07-01-2002, 03:35 PM
I doubt Great American Scream Machine will be taken down any time soon. It's too young. Maybe in like ... 10 years.

SFGAdv, SFGAm, IOA, Alton Towers all have three B&Ms.

RaptorXLC
07-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by DarkRider
If we get the rumoured flyer and it is a beemer, does that make SFGadv the 1st SF or US park with 4 B&M's? Jest Curious.

Not only first SF park, or US park, but the only park with 4 beemers in THE WHOLE WORLD.

SFGAdvkicksass
07-02-2002, 12:05 AM
Taking what Chiller1472 has been telling us (Happy Flying, Fly by and through other rides) we're not just gonna have a S:UF clone. It'll be a custom made B&M Flyer, hopefully with a pretzel-inversion thingy and some nice chopper affects with other rides and all. Wow I can't wait, only around 270 days to Opening Day 2003. And just a side note, I just have to find this rumor kind of odd. Right now, 1 SF park has a B&M Flyer, and that's SFoG. Rumors say 3 B&M Flyers are comin to SF parks, and most believe one to SFA and one to SFGAdv. My question is why would Six Flags have 4 of these rides, and have 3 of them on the East Coast? I know there are more parks in the East, but I guess the fourth (third for 2003) would be somewhere in Texas, and it will be spread well enough. I still just feel kinda confused about the placement of these flyers.

Chris L
07-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by alpie

I'll trust our inside source... we don't need no steenkin' mouse... sounds like we may get what SFOG's got?

As for the land clearing... it does look a little far away to be a ride... maybe a new hotel, admin building, golf course... or somebody's really serious about collecting some firewood....

It's funny, really. What most people want usually isn't what they end up with. You don't need no "steenkin' mouse"? I'm sure your have it all in your hands Mr. Leader of Planning and Design... :rolleyes:

Kaotic
07-02-2002, 02:19 AM
If TExas does get a flyer im thinking itll go to SFAW ,, kuz they really dont have a great coaster,, SFFT has the floorless , and SFOT gots the hyper, i would love to see a flyer over the lake here at SFoT though that would be sweet ,,

RaptorXLC
07-02-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by SFGAdvkicksass
. And just a side note, I just have to find this rumor kind of odd. Right now, 1 SF park has a B&M Flyer, and that's SFoG. Rumors say 3 B&M Flyers are comin to SF parks, and most believe one to SFA and one to SFGAdv. My question is why would Six Flags have 4 of these rides, and have 3 of them on the East Coast? I know there are more parks in the East, but I guess the fourth (third for 2003) would be somewhere in Texas, and it will be spread well enough. I still just feel kinda confused about the placement of these flyers.

You said it yourself, it's a rumor. Who knows if a new flyer is going to SFA or SFGAdv? Who knows there are going to be 3 flyers? Who knows, maybe there will be none? For right now their are only rumors. That's why they don't make sense. Don't Be confused until SF makes their press releases for next season.

POPPYRYE33
07-02-2002, 10:21 AM
It doesn't seem likely that SFA will get a B&M flyer with their Vekoma Flyer. I know that there's a difference, but the GP might think they're the same thing and not think it'll be worth going, therefore probably not bringing in the revunue SF wants with a new coaster. It seems more likely that the other B&M flyer is going...I'm guessing up in Six Flags Darien Lake (they haven't got a coaster since '99) or somewhere around there, or perhaps out in SFMM.

Matt M
07-02-2002, 05:46 PM
I bet SFMM will get the flyer or possibly SF St.Louis. Another good possiblity is that WBMW in spain will get it.

alpie
07-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by kraxleRIDAH

It's funny, really. What most people want usually isn't what they end up with. You don't need no "steenkin' mouse"? I'm sure your have it all in your hands Mr. Leader of Planning and Design... :rolleyes:

Uh.... ummmm.... you... you mean I have no influence?!?

Duh....

BTW... do you know the quote?

SFGAdvkicksass
07-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Uh, I just wanna clear up a little mistake that I made earlier in this thread. I posted that a candidate for the B&M Flyer was SFA, however I meant that rumors said a B&M Flyer is going to SFGAm, so sorry for any confusion.

DarkRider
07-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by coasterkidmwm
I bet SFMM will get the flyer or possibly SF St.Louis. Another good possiblity is that WBMW in spain will get it.

I can't see SFMM getting one. They've got enough problems right now. They're going to need all the capital they can get just to get X back up and running and re-marketing the park to make their image shine again to disgruntled guests. I know adding a new type of coaster would probably go a long way towards accomplishing that, but I don't think they'll be able to pull that off with what new rides cost.

Chris L
07-03-2002, 03:35 PM

Uh.... ummmm.... you... you mean I have no influence?!?

Duh....

BTW... do you know the quote?

Please for the love of all people, make yourself understandable.

alpie
07-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by kraxleRIDAH

Please for the love of all people, make yourself understandable.

Sorry, I'll try harder.... :rolleyes:

CrystalKat
07-03-2002, 09:43 PM
Sheesh, guys, settle down... Let's get back on topic, shall we?

:usa:

Chris L
07-03-2002, 11:09 PM

Sorry, I'll try harder.... :rolleyes:

lol you actually had to edit your come-back.

Sorry Melissa, I just had to :p

I can't see SFMM getting one. They've got enough problems right now. They're going to need all the capital they can get just to get X back up and running and re-marketing the park to make their image shine again to disgruntled guests. I know adding a new type of coaster would probably go a long way towards accomplishing that, but I don't think they'll be able to pull that off with what new rides cost.

I agree. I personally do not think Magic Mountain will see anything too outrageous next season. Outrageous being anything under the title 'Roller Coaster' (junior or not). But I don't doubt park improvements or maybe even a non-coaster attraction. This whole X and Déjà Vu mess already has the management panting with exhaustion.

Matt M
07-07-2002, 07:13 PM
this is gonna get locked real soon. if they tear down the Whizzer and put up a flyer in its place, do u knkow how cool it would be whizzing thru all the trees (no pun intended) under the track and such?

medusa7787
07-09-2002, 12:04 PM
i was at gadv yesterday and could not see the "land clearing" so blah

SFGadvKing
07-11-2002, 12:05 AM
ok, here we go. as chiller1472 said, something is comming out, something is going in, that something is going to be flying, and that something is going to be flying around something else. here is a picture. the red area is what we already have room for, and that is more than enough room for a large flying coaster. now if you take away viper, which is probably the #1 coaster people want out, that gives the extra yellow area. now, we have medusa, rolling thunder, and runaway train for it to be "flying" around. and as a matter of fact, i, with my own eyes has seen trees being cleared near medusa, which is the blue section. my two cents...

EDIT - how about this for an idea. the flying coaster could go out a little more over the monkey part of the safari and could be themed to the flying monkeys in the wizard of oz:D :D

Nitro1118
07-11-2002, 12:53 AM
I saw markers next to Viper and a couple on RT's supports. This I think is where the coaster is going to be I bet. This also goes with SFGadvKing's picture.

RaptorXLC
07-11-2002, 07:55 PM
That is an awesome location. With the lake there, makes perfect flyby locations. That would be so cool being only inches from the water. SFGAdv's 4th Beemer is coming. Woohoo.

KoasterKing
07-12-2002, 01:25 PM
We'll hopefully that is what they will be getting, Superman at SFOG looks awesome. Plus ill have a SF season pass next year.

Medusa1861
07-13-2002, 12:45 AM
I laugh at your speculation, it isn't gonna happen, this is pointles, very pointles thread, it doesn't even deserve to be in construction cause it has turned away from the clearing to the onld Viper place where everyone was talking about that last year, it aint gonna happen, there is no proof it will happen, and blah.I do not expect anything big like a lfyer at SFGadv for next year, and i'm probably right...

SFGadvKing
07-13-2002, 01:27 AM
i would just like to say that you are wrong, medusa. 2003 is gadv's 30th year anniversary and we didnt get anything this year. there are those flags around the area of viper and chiller1472 is giving us obvious hints. in a few months, im going bring this thread back up(if its not still up) and im going point your post out to you and your not going to feel good.:D

Medusa1861
07-13-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by SFGadvKing
ichiller1472 is giving us obvious hints. in a few months, im going bring this thread back up(if its not still up) and im going point your post out to you and your not going to feel good.:D
Ummm Chiller1472 is a SFGAdv employee he knows nothing...All he knws is when Robin's lapbared train will open, i really doubt that a typical employee would know what SFGadv is getting.. That's why there have been many many rumours last year of employees saying different things..

medusa7787
07-13-2002, 10:49 AM
well my grandparents didnt get a new car on their 30th anniversary, so why would gadv get a new coaster? also i do not care about gadv anymore and i hope it all sinks into the marsh except chiller and batman the ride

Caesar
07-14-2002, 09:25 PM
I think we can definetly say;) :confused:

SFgadvfreak
07-14-2002, 09:49 PM
Does somebody smell falmes???

anyways. i think the land clearing across the lake( a privious thread) is either for a golf coarse, a hotel, or a dam(not funny).

but it could be a possibilty that one is somming by viper. i know rt isnt goin down cause its like a landmark, and i did see the flags on RT and i did see some by the runaway train(by the end of the lift), and if there r flags there is a 50% possibility that there will be a coaster there expicliy on there 30th aniversery.

parden me spellin

GreatBear
07-28-2002, 11:04 PM
Dident Sixflags Great Adventure exsecutives say at the grand opening of huricane harbor, that they are now a multi day stay,and will most likely become a vaction resort equipt with on-site hotles in the near future? I remeber so,and they even said it on the news when they opened. So I wouldent be surprised to see a hotel/ resort be built there, its a perfect spot too. I think Great Adventure is in the race for the ultimate amusment park for the long run.

coastergnome
07-29-2002, 02:40 PM
yes i could definetly see gradv becoming a multi stay vacation spot with it the only real big amusment park in the area and it being the 2nd biggest sf park in the chain it has no real risks in to developing in too a resort they have plenty of land and now have three separate parks and a golf course on the other side of the lake and soon a hotel as well i see it being a very nice area with very good potential to being and up and coming contender with other bigger parks. ..... but alas this is just wishful thinking we just have to wait and see what comes our way the seasons coming up and see what unfolds

AVALANCHE
08-22-2002, 11:12 PM
i also agree with coastergnome.. the land clearing across from the lake is more then likely a resort.. and as for chillers hints... i think he made it pertty obvious.. and viper will probably be the coaster to be removed