PDA

View Full Version : Wyandot Lake's Mishap

Brandon Baker
06-30-2002, 10:28 PM
Hey, anyone in the columbus area should of already of known about this. For all of the other folks around here goes. Today 6/30/2002, Wyandot Lake, a member of the Six Flags chain had a small chlorine spill that sent 20 visitors from the wave pool to the hospital. For more information and updates check out NBC-4 (http://www.nbc4columbus.com/news/1537680/detail.html)

dkmaddog
07-01-2002, 12:05 PM
I just watched Channel 6 NewsCenter at noon and aparently tests show that the problem was not chlorine related as it was originally thought to be.

BryanWood
07-01-2002, 12:25 PM
As much as I hate to say this, this really looks like someone put this "substance" in the park. Investigators found no fault in any of the park's filtration systems or in the water. It just doesn't sound right...

crash
07-01-2002, 01:39 PM
it was probably laughing gas so that it would look like people were having fun at a six flags park.

TITAN GIRL
07-01-2002, 01:46 PM
Probably some fool that just wants to be mean/funny- people are so hateful these days~ but you know "What goes around comes around":kiss:

APJSFR1
07-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Either someone could not make it to the restroom, or someone poisoned the water on purpose, that is ridiculous, I hate it when people do these things, just to hurt people, what sick people there are in this world.

CrystalKat
07-01-2002, 11:27 PM
I agree, APJSFR#1 -- there are some sick, sick idiots in this world, out to get their kicks at other peoples' expense. I can't imagine being so self-centered and hateful; how would you like it to happen to you? I may not be religious myself, but the "Golden Rule" is something that really is universal.

Tanner_J
07-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by crash
it was probably laughing gas so that it would look like people were having fun at a six flags park.

Oh my god thats is so funny! You just brightened my day!

Matt M
07-04-2002, 06:35 PM
It was probably some local teenagers being idiots. If it was terrorists, they would have probably hit a disneypark.

James R
07-07-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by coasterkidmwm
It was probably some local teenagers being idiots. If it was terrorists, they would have probably hit a disneypark.
that is true-ish. i remeber some psycho person taking a kid hostage or some thing. me and my friend went to a NASA place to day and someone stuck their gum on a touchable moon rock, it was disgusting. (off subject.)

Griswold
07-08-2002, 02:09 AM
I posted a thread about Wyandot Lake last summer but no one ever read or replied to it....i didn't even know you people had even heard of it.....not at least until you heard the news about it. I live here in Columbus and have the luxury of going to either CP or PKI if I wish...I just am hoping against all hope that SF will actually do something with this waterpark....it has so much potential.....it used to be just a small carnival park next to the zoo until Wyandot bought them out. Now SF has bought out Geauga Lake...a sister park and Sea World and now...look at what has happened. But, alas SF has no reason to really do anything big with this waterpark with SFWOA just a few hours away...I am not suggesting that they even do this.....Columbus has had enough crappy investments...(COUGH...COSI, SANTA MARIA, CREW STADIUM...COUGH).....not to mention the addition of more traffic to Dublin, OH, a part of town plagued with rush hour headaches.
What was I getting at? Oh yeah...I don't think this park needs more dry rides or a new coaster......just some cool water slides......like a new water coaster like master blaster or one of those big slides that has the multiple person rafts for families........something, anything would be better than what they have added which is next to nothing in the past five years. But until SF does something with this neglected park, I will go to WaterWorks at PKI or the Beach Waterpark near cincy.

dkmaddog
07-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Griswold
What was I getting at? Oh yeah...I don't think this park needs more dry rides or a new coaster......just some cool water slides......like a new water coaster like master blaster or one of those big slides that has the multiple person rafts for families........something, anything would be better than what they have added which is next to nothing in the past five years. But until SF does something with this neglected park, I will go to WaterWorks at PKI or the Beach Waterpark near cincy.

Where would they add any new rides? The only places that I can think of would be in the Picnic area or the parking lot. The little park has no room to expand.

Griswold
07-08-2002, 03:40 PM
I was reading an article in the Dispatch about the zoo's new purchase of land and they had a map of acquired land and room for development. Wyandot had some land still unused back by Christopher's Island...but not much elsewhere.