PDA

View Full Version : War on Terrorism is Inherently Stupid!!!

VomitComet
07-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Terrorism is an idea not a country, you cant declare war on it. The whole idea behind terrorism is the attack the U.S., right? Well why do terrorist tend to single out the United States and not say the U.K.? Simple answer: U.S. Hegemony, in other words the united states tend to stick its nose in other countries' business and act as a moderator and a leader. Now the War on Terrorism adds to the U.S Hegemony, therefore causing more terrorism.

CrystalKat
07-07-2002, 05:40 PM
Interesting thought, and I agree that "terroism" cannot be declared war on, but the media needed a catch title, much like the "War on Drugs" of the '80s and early '90s. Furthermore, terrorists do not single out the United States by any means -- there are far more terrorist acts against other nations and occuring in other nations than have ever been taken against the US, but our news most frequently fails to report them. Granted, there are many good reasons why terrorists would choose the United States (I'm not disagreeing with you there), but who are we to judge their reasons? The whole deal is stupid if you ask me -- I may be an idealist, but can't we all just get along? Disagree with someone if you want, think they're stupid if that's how you feel, but leave them alone to be themselves as you want to be yourself.

condor27
07-11-2002, 07:29 PM
US has some actions which is not favorable among many nations of the world. Many don't like it's 'Big Brother' mentality, or 'Global Cop' action, 'Only I can do it bit not everyone else' attitude, even including some EU members. But still, using terrorism isn't going to solve those problem because the ones who're making the decision aren't hurt but normal everyday Americans who some may disagree with what US government is doing are hurt.

Terrorism is always the ways of the cowards, and always wrong, no matter it's against a bad country or not. If you want Saddam Hussein gone, you just don't go and blow up mosques and markets in Iraq to kill thousands of Iraqi citizens. It targets the wrong people and will not solve the problem.

Although US policy in middle east (Palestine in particular) is the excuse some groups use to justify their attack upon US citizens. But think, are all the 2800 plus people died at WTC actually supported or contributed to US's policy on Palestine? There are significant amount of American citizens who symphatizes the fate of Palestinians and suppport it's statehood. Also don't forget about the citizens from 20 something other countries who died in the attack. Some of those nations officially opposes Israeli occupation of Palestine.

SFgadvfreak
09-16-2002, 09:16 PM
I think the war on terroism means that any country that harbors terrorists we are at war with. Not just any perticular country, all the countries with terrorists in them. And sometimes not the whole country. Britain might have terrorists but the do not harbor them so we are not at war with them we are at war with the terrorists.