PDA

View Full Version : SFOT on the news

Zmoney88
07-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Last night, I saw Six Flags Over Texas on the 10 o'clock news (in Milwaukee). They said that the new exhibit with baby tigers could be very dangerous. You pay like $15 to get your picture taken of you holding and feeding the tiger. But a zoologist from the Dallas Zoo said that the tiger has razor sharp teeth and claws, so if someone were to annoy the tiger it could easily bite/scratch someone causing a lot of blood loss and a lot of people sueing Six Flags.

Tanner_J
07-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Well I can see it happening, with not a big deal, It's a baby and has been around humans all its life so far probably and not with its mother. It should be fine, plus they wouldn't do it if it had sharp teeth and claws, Im sure they've taken care of the claws.

TITAN GIRL
07-15-2002, 03:21 PM
They have been doing this exibit for The Best of Texas Festival! I have seen the baby tigers and I can assure you they have many qualified people in there the whole time the pictures are being taken!! They have been around so many people and have been raised by humans so I believe in my opinion that they are no threat at all!! The media just wants to dig up as much dirt on amusement parks as they possibly can- just like Ed Markey- because you know he is behind almost all of it! I mean they could easily say that Shamu could jump out of the tank and squash people:rolleyes: They always make something bad out of something that is so innocent!!:rolleyes: I hate the media and Markey!!:devil:

NessyROS
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Yes, at all times, the trainers are in there with them. Even though they have razor sharp teeth and claws, nothing will happen to you. They are just like an enormous house cat. They won't harm a fly.

Anaconda
07-15-2002, 10:21 PM
I agree, people nowadays are overprotective happy and sue crazy. Overprotective happy in that basically everything's dangerous, and sue crazy, well, thats just obvious.

raser
07-19-2002, 11:40 PM
Heck, somewhere here I have a picture I took 5 years ago with a tiger at our local fair

Kyle L
07-25-2002, 12:55 PM
Not this again, SFMW has been getting this ALL THE TIME. About in 1997 or 96 I think a person was bit or attacked by one of the tigers. It was all over the news, along with the "Boomerang Valley" which was on it also. All those things wore off within a day, I don't see why the media has to freak about it when nothing has happend.