PDA

View Full Version : CoasterGen

Tycoon
07-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Anyone else heard of this? It seems to be yet another coaster sim, still in early stages though it says it's coming in October. This sounds like it will be a great game, but it's kind of early to tell. It will have various coasters and a few flat rides, and you will be able to make some kind of parks. At least it has woodies, but the coaster selection still seems like it needs work...
"-CoasterGen will feature up to 10 and more Unique types of coasters including the Inverted Super Boomerang, The B&M Flying Coaster, TA2k, Wooden, Hyper Coasters (intamin & B&M dive machine!), Arrow Suspended, and the Fourth Dimension Coaster."
But that sounds to me like 8, not 10. I hope there are more. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather see a B&M twister than a TA2K.
Ah well, the website is www.coastergen.com
Right now, the only screenshots are renderings of trains and tracks... I guess we'll have to continue watching and see if this looks like it will be something worth buying.

RCT loser
07-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Well, I think it's going to suck. First off, they have almost no progress done. If they rush it to get it done by October, it will suck. Second, if it's done the way they say it is, it's gonna run about 2 fps on my machine- and I have a 2ghz pent.4 with a GeForce4 Ti 4600. Third, it is object-based, not "do anything" based. The freedom is part of the reason NL is so good. That's why we needed trainers for RCT, and this will quickly be the same. Well, that's my 2 cents.

Skye
07-31-2002, 01:28 PM
yeah hyper rails should be better, thats out soon anyway.