PDA

View Full Version : Confused on coaster/par count

birdie311
08-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Can someone please tell me how to change and edit this stuff. I'm so confused. I can't handle change real well and everything is all over the place. Good Job though, I'm sure once i get used to it again it'll be great. Thanks.

Alex Westerman
08-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Just navigate to the Park page or coaster in the database. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see an image to add the park/coaster to your count. To remove and edit your count go to your UserCP and edit the info their. To make your count private go to UserCP --> EDIT PROFILE scroll to the last line and type in yes or no.

TXCoasterGuy1
08-13-2002, 06:12 PM
hmmm this is extrememly tedious......argh i have like 72 to do!! this takes too long! lol. o well. and for some reason i cant add cedar point to my park count......it says you are not autorised to access the page. and i didnt click edit or delete. i clicked ont the arrow thingy.

Alex Westerman
08-13-2002, 06:15 PM
There will be links (coming in the next day or so) from the coaster menu on each park page.

RiFT
08-13-2002, 07:34 PM
I am confident that almost everyone considers Batman & Robin: The Chiller *two* different roller coasters, but in the database, it shows up as being one.

I could be wrong, I haven't added it to my list, as it's not working for some reason.

But if it's one, it should be two. Who could disagree?

BrooklynRider
08-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by TXCoasterGuy1
... and for some reason i cant add cedar point to my park count......it says you are not autorised to access the page. and i didnt click edit or delete. i clicked ont the arrow thingy.

Same problem here. Can you guys address this issue or comment on the error. Just want to know that it is acknowledged and on the TTD list.

Thanks.

BTW...congratulations! The new look and features really have enhanced the site and navigation.

SFGadvKing
08-13-2002, 08:36 PM
add to that all sfgam coasters cant be viewed.

BrooklynRider
08-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TXCoasterGuy1
... for some reason i cant add cedar point to my park count......it says you are not autorised to access the page. and i didnt click edit or delete. i clicked ont the arrow thingy.

I had the same experience. Is anyone addressing this small problem?

Also, after compiling a partial Park & Coaster list, I find I can't view my complete list in my user CP area. It notes the actual number of coasters ridden, but does not display the full list of parks or coasters? Is the list set to expand without restriction?

BrooklynRider
08-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by RiFT
I am confident that almost everyone considers Batman & Robin: The Chiller *two* different roller coasters, but in the database, it shows up as being one.

I could be wrong, I haven't added it to my list, as it's not working for some reason.

But if it's one, it should be two. Who could disagree?

I agree with RiFt that The Chiller is DEFINITELY two distinct coasters.

Also I've come across some bugs: Can't access or add Cedar Point as a park. Cedar Point coasters CAN be added via coaster list. SFNE can't be accessed or added. Again, coasters can be added from coaster list. Villain at SFWoA can't be accessed or added. Incredible Hulk at IOA can't be accessed or added.

Raging Rider
08-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by SFGadvKing
add to that all sfgam coasters cant be viewed. HW's coasters can't be viewed either. I'm confident someone will fix it withen the next couple days, so don't be worried.

Old Crow
08-14-2002, 07:41 PM
The system will not allow me to put X on my ride count. It says that I don't have access.

Fastardo
08-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Add the 3 B&Ms at Alton Towers to that list.

Chris Adams
09-21-2002, 05:16 AM
Is this still an issue?