PDA

View Full Version : Coaster/Park database problems

Raptor
08-13-2002, 04:08 PM
Post problems with the new TN roller coaster / park database and track record features here.

Here a few problems I noticed right from the start:

*I get an error any time I click on an SFGAm roller coaster

*I'm pretty sure a few coasters are missing, but the only one I can remember right now is Steel Phantom at Kennywood, which is technically a different coaster from Phantom's Revenge.

intamin101
08-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Yeah most of the SFGAm rides didn't work except B:TR. Thats about the only problems I've had. Cool new sight though!

Graham
08-13-2002, 04:43 PM
This is not a big problem but in the middle of the database there is this big line.

ADMIN NOTE:

Try refreshing. I couldn't recreate this line

Graham
08-13-2002, 04:54 PM
I think someone needs to learn their math better...

ADMIN NOTE

Those numbers are ID numbers in the database. This list is in Alpha order.

Chris L
08-13-2002, 05:15 PM
Here are rides that have incorrect titles or incomplete titles -

• D j Vu ;)
- Should be Déjà Vu

• Speed
- Should be Speed The Ride

• Woodstock's Express
- Should be Woodstock Express

• Windjammer
- Should be Windjammer Surf Racers

• Soap Box Derby Racers
- Should be Wacky Soap Box Racers

• Matterhorn
- Should be Matterhorn Bobsleds

• Jaguar
- Should be Jaguar! (yes, the exclamation point is actual apart of the ride's name)

ADMIN NOTE

At the bottom of each and every Coaster and Park page you'll see a link to submitt a correction for that specific Coaster or Park. Please use those and not post them in the boards. They get buried here.

Chris L
08-13-2002, 05:53 PM
*I'm pretty sure a few coasters are missing, but the only one I can remember right now is Steel Phantom at Kennywood, which is technically a different coaster from Phantom's Revenge.

But technically Steel Phantom's parts are still intact with the new ride isn't it? So it isn't really defunct, it's still very much alive ;) Except it's now running under a new name and reworked design - The Phantom's Revenge

TEXCOMET
08-13-2002, 09:13 PM
Thanks for having me listed under "unoffical", since I did not send it in. The address is, www.magicspringsfansite.freeservers.com . Today is the first time I have been back since ya'll have started your upgrade. I'm very flattered that I was listed. The reason I included the address is because I wasn't to sure about it myself. I still type in the old address on accident because it was the same for 3 years.

Sir Willow
08-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Well, I'd let you know if I could access the database. It boots me out every time I attempt.

Closest I can get is a listing of coasters- and I have to wait for all of them to load. No option for just a partial list. But trying to get details on any of them, or do anything else does nothing except return me back to the same page. And adding any to a count is impossible since it won't let me log in on the main pages, just the forums. It can't seem to remember that I've logged in otherwise.

The parks database doesn't come up at all. All I get there is a blank page. This is using both Netscape 6.2 and IE 6.0 (updated).

BryanWood
08-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Zero G
I think someone needs to learn their math better...

ADMIN NOTE

Those numbers are ID numbers in the database. This list is in Alpha order.

We noticed that those coaster were missing after the DB was up in beta testing. They are numbered in the order the were added. They are listed in alpha order for your convenience.

oramonster
08-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Well, since my other post about this has been ignored by the important people, I'll revisit what I said. I cannot view Cedar Point's page in the data base. I get a page that displays this:

Hello oramonster, and welcome to www.thrillnetwork.com!
Functions :: change settings | logout
Your Park Count is 4! Your Coaster Count is 13!

Sorry, but our database shows that you do not have access to this area (submissions_admin,0). It will either be an admins-only page, or maybe you need to register / login. Links for this are above.

I'm assuming that's not normal, and I can view other parks. I've logged off, deleted my cookies, and logged back on and it didn't fix it, so I'm at a loss. Is anyone else having these problems?

-seth

Professor KoasterFreak
08-14-2002, 01:38 AM
my problems with the park count was:
Cedar Point
Universal Studios Florida
Libertyland- my original homepark!
Six Flags Great America

With the Coaster Count:
Incredible Hulk
X
any Six Flags Great America coasters

I get the same message as oramonster did..can your TN staff find out whats the matter with preventing me from adding those items to my counts? Thanks! BTW, the new site rocks!

Chris Adams
08-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Sir Willow
Closest I can get is a listing of coasters- and I have to wait for all of them to load. No option for just a partial list. But trying to get details on any of them, or do anything else does nothing except return me back to the same page. - sorry but the page you were using is an Admins-only page which was only meant to be there for easy access to the data while the site was being built - i have now removed it. Please use the search tab instead.

The parks database doesn't come up at all. - same goes for that

And adding any to a count is impossible since it won't let me log in on the main pages, just the forums. It can't seem to remember that I've logged in otherwise. - please enable ThrillNetwork.com for cookies in the Privacy tab of your Internet Options in IE.

PaulBoy
08-15-2002, 11:56 AM
I couldn't get it to work for SFGA for quite a few rides, CP for park count, or Holiday World for Raven or Legend. By the way, Fantasy Farm amusement park is missing. They closed it down a long time ago, but I rode a coaster or two there. :)

RiFT
08-15-2002, 01:48 PM
More incorrect coaster names:

Kiddie Coaster at Playland Park should be Kiddy Coaster

Runaway Train at Six Flags Great Adventure should be Runaway Mine Train

Batman and Robin; The Chiller should be two different coasters named Batman and Robin: The Chiller (Batman) and Batman and Robin: The Chiller (Robin)

Alex Westerman
08-15-2002, 01:58 PM
Instead of posting corrections to the DB we built in an easy feature for you to make these corrections from the specific park/coaster page. Just scroll to the very bottom of the page and you'll see:

on the Park Page

Submit: Submit New Park | Update Park Info

on the Coaster Page

Submit: Submit New Coaster | Update Coaster Info

RiFT
08-15-2002, 02:10 PM
Gee, that's great and all Alex, but I tried clicking on the Update Coaster Info to change the name, and I got the following message:

Sorry, but our database shows that you do not have access to this area (submissions,0). It will either be an admins-only page, or maybe you need to register / login. Links for this are above.

And I was logged in by the way. So I figured this was a mod-only option, so I posted here like kraxle to get a mod to fix it.

And while I'm at it, may I ask you why there are two Cyclone coasters for Astroland? Were there two different coasters? Or is one for pre-1975 Cyclone and one for after 1975?

oramonster
08-15-2002, 09:08 PM
The "update info" button for Xcellerator doesn't work, i get this message
Hello oramonster, and welcome to www.thrillnetwork.com!
Your Park Count is 4! Your Coaster Count is 13!

Sorry, but our database shows that you do not have access to this area (submissions_admin,0). It will either be an admins-only page, or maybe you need to register / login. Links for this are above.

Xcellerator is spelled wrong (not Xcelerator like it is in the db)

Sir Willow
08-15-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris Adams

Closest I can get is a listing of coasters- and I have to wait for all of them to load. No option for just a partial list. But trying to get details on any of them, or do anything else does nothing except return me back to the same page. - sorry but the page you were using is an Admins-only page which was only meant to be there for easy access to the data while the site was being built - i have now removed it. Please use the search tab instead.

The parks database doesn't come up at all. - same goes for that

And adding any to a count is impossible since it won't let me log in on the main pages, just the forums. It can't seem to remember that I've logged in otherwise. - please enable ThrillNetwork.com for cookies in the Privacy tab of your Internet Options in IE.

Looks like your removal of those pages may have helped. Cookies have always been enabled, so that was not the problem.

But I did notice today logging in for the first time no my_sql errors so far, and it remembered my login on the main page, well, at least to go to the next page, and in IE. I'm still going to be doing some testing, and haven't checked it out in NS yet, but so far it's looking much better. Thanks for the fixes.

Chris L
08-21-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Alex Westerman
Instead of posting corrections to the DB we built in an easy feature for you to make these corrections from the specific park/coaster page. Just scroll to the very bottom of the page and you'll see:

on the Park Page

Submit: Submit New Park | Update Park Info

on the Coaster Page

Submit: Submit New Coaster | Update Coaster Info

It says I don't have permission to access it. I'm logged in, but it says something like only administrators are allowed. A bug maybe?

Originally posted by oramonster
The "update info" button for Xcellerator doesn't work, i get this message

Xcellerator is spelled wrong (not Xcelerator like it is in the db)

LOL. Why would the database want someone to submit incorrect information?

XCELERATOR is how it is. NOT Xcellerator.

SFGadvKing
08-21-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by RiFT
Runaway Train at Six Flags Great Adventure should be Runaway Mine Train

nope, sorry. its runaway train.

and how about ading some coasters that are now at differant parks. like adding sfwoa's old corkscrew so i can get rid of "rollercoaster @ mgm world(or whatever it is)"

Sir Willow
08-22-2002, 12:34 AM
Much of it seems to be working great!

But the "submit new park" and "update park info" links, along with the "submit new coaster" links all don't work- they all give that "access is for admins only" spiel.

Alex Westerman
08-22-2002, 09:13 AM
We are working on the user submissions to the DB today. Also adding links when you post on these boards to associate the post with a Park/Coaster that will link to the DB page.

Chris Adams
08-23-2002, 11:07 AM
The park submissions have been fixed and tested. You can now go onto any park page, and click Submit New Park or Update Park Info, without an error message (hopefully). If im talking through my backside, plz let me know :)

Chris L
08-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Nope, it still doesn't work. I even cleared my cookies and it's still the same.

Sir Willow
08-26-2002, 02:34 AM
Park submissions worked fine for me yesterday. I submitted 4 different ones for you.

Not sure why you weren't able to do it Kraxle. Try again maybe?

Chris L
09-07-2002, 06:49 PM
It still doesn't work for me. I can't upload any images to the archive nor can I make any park/ride updates.

I thought it was fixed?

coasterdude3001
09-22-2002, 09:05 PM
I can't upload any images. When I try to upload I get. "Hello coasterdude3001, and welcome to www.thrillnetwork.com!
Your Park Count is 10! Your Coaster Count is 65!

Sorry, but our database shows that you do not have access to this area (submissions,0). It will either be an admins-only page, or maybe you need to register / login. Links for this are above."

Sounds like I am not the only one with this problem. Has anyone been able to post a picture?