PDA

View Full Version : boards slow....

Skye
08-13-2002, 06:53 PM
...i mean really slow. it's taken me 50 minutes to post about 5 replies (+ this). Even on 56k, it should be much quicker than that. The old boards were nothing like this. Before you say the internet is "just busy" i writing this in the middle of the night, so not many people should be useing the isp. Anyway every other site i've visited works ok. The graphics on the left and above are excessive as well. This might seem picky but you have to use a modem to really see how anoying slow they are. Animated ads could go which might help a bit as well.

Chris L
08-13-2002, 07:07 PM
As a user of broadband cable, this site isn't too bad. It is a bit on the slower side, but it isn't frustrating for me.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like going back to 56k while browsing this site! :eek:

Cuddy
08-13-2002, 07:44 PM
I'm on 56k at the moment, and while the initial loading has been a bit slow, I have notcied that I can still get through the threads rather quickly.

Graham
08-13-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by kraxleRIDAH
As a user of broadband cable, this site isn't too bad. It is a bit on the slower side, but it isn't frustrating for me.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like going back to 56k while browsing this site! :eek:

I have cable and it is taking me almost 1 minute to load just 1 page. Every other site loads just as fast as it always does.

Skye
08-14-2002, 05:33 PM
well then you can understand how slow it is for me. Ands the mods are keeping queit on this....any explanation?

TITANium Alloy
08-14-2002, 10:16 PM
Yes it is rather slow but it isn't to the point for me where it's rediculous like y'all are acting like it is. I have 56k and it takes about 10 seconds for each page to load up which I'm used to from other sites.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It just now took me 37.28 seconds to make this post. Still not too bad (for me).

Cuddy
08-14-2002, 10:23 PM
If some of you look around, you will realize that there are a few more things on this page than on the old boards. You have to wait for all that stuff to load up, which could or could not be better than pop-ups. I am bookmarked right to the forum so it is really no big dealy for me, evn though this is a 56k connection.

Chris Adams
08-15-2002, 11:56 AM
I have done some research, and have found that it is the adverts that are slowing the boards down :(

Before you say "get rid of them", we cant. The ads are what pays to keep this server online, to power ThrillNetwork's database, the forums, the chat, etc, etc. We will look into ways of modifying code to make the site load faster, but for now be patient :)

Raptor
08-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Well, I think you did something right, because the boards are almost at full speed now, for me anyway!

Limacoasterboy
08-22-2002, 01:00 PM
They are running faster for me now\, it still runs slower than what it should when you have a cable line.