PDA

View Full Version : New Flash Intro

TopGun77
08-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Well... In case you haven't noticed there is a flash intro for ThrillNetwork. I have some issues with this intro.
1) The file size is waay too big, 56k users aren't going to want to sit around and wait for a 1.3 meg file to load, and the intro is very short it has no reason to be that big, you shoudl try to find a way to reduce the file size.
2) The computer guy at the start.. it's quite funny but it looks like it was drawn by a two year old, which i won't complain about but I'm sure doesn't speak a lot about the professionalism of ThrillNetwork.
3) It looks like you have reduced the quality of the intro to reduce file size. In my opinion it would be better if you made it have a smaller resolution, and higher graphics quality.
Other than that it is a good idea for an intro, and with some work it could be a great one. Post any thoughts or comments you have on this intro in this thread, They seem to be listenign to us a lot lately so you never know what affect your comment will have.

P.S. Just out of curiosity, who made that intro?

Chris Adams
08-23-2002, 11:01 AM
1) The file size is waay too big, 56k users aren't going to want to sit around and wait for a 1.3 meg file to load, and the intro is very short it has no reason to be that big, you shoudl try to find a way to reduce the file size. they can click the skip button then - i normally do that for flash intros and im on ISDN

2) The computer guy at the start.. it's quite funny but it looks like it was drawn by a two year old, which i won't complain about but I'm sure doesn't speak a lot about the professionalism of ThrillNetwork. if anyone else wants to try and draw someone with flash plz send me the .fla when you are done... PLEASE!!!!

3) It looks like you have reduced the quality of the intro to reduce file size. In my opinion it would be better if you made it have a smaller resolution, and higher graphics quality. fair enough

Rider
08-23-2002, 01:26 PM
I just finally looked at it. It is an amzingly short flash movie for its file size. There is not even any sound.

And I have to agree with the animation, TN wants to be professional but this dosen't help. It would be better to have no flash at all.

Alex Westerman
08-23-2002, 01:52 PM
It's called, Just having fun and letting our hair down. Only a temp intro for newbies to the site.

TopGun77
08-23-2002, 03:44 PM
thats perfectly acceptable Alex, don't take this the wrong way its an ok intro, it's fine to screw around a bit but I just have the feeling it would give TN a bad name in the eyes of some people.

Alex Westerman
08-23-2002, 04:12 PM
No worries. Then they need to loosen up. lol. hehe and all that.

theforce
08-23-2002, 04:20 PM
I really dont like it. Im not a very big fan of flash intros to any kind of website, and I usually always click the skip button. The file is too big and the movie is short. Nice try but I dont think that this feature should stay.

TopGun77
08-23-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Alex Westerman
No worries. Then they need to loosen up. lol. hehe and all that.
Yeah, it would be nice if people knew how to loosen up, but sadly that will never happen. Anyway, Chris, I don't want you to take my comments as an insult to your flash skills, you're probably a lot better than me (for example where the camera zoomed in on the computer, i've been tryign to figure out how to do that for weeks!)