PDA

View Full Version : General Speedzone Chat

Alex Westerman
08-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Chat away about SpeedZone issues here.

bk2004
12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, since yesterday this started:

Every time I go to click 'download this file' in the speedzone, it goes to another page that looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/bk2004/Crap.jpg

It just started yesterday and now I can't download anything! Somone please help me.

bk2004
12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
I don't mean to double post, but for this thread to get some attention, can someone please help me with this! I can't download anything from the Speedzone anymore!

Maxamillious
03-13-2005, 01:31 AM
Hey,

Ok i am currently working on a rollercoaster in NoLimits, And i am looking for someone who could eigther make so 3D's for me, or make them, and then also put them right onto the roller coaster for me. I have spent the past two months on this coaster and it is perfect down to every last detail, ( Custom Station, Custom Emergency Exits / Of Break Sections, Custom Que Lines, Custom Control Pannal, Custom Everything ) But i need someone to help me out with some 3D's before i put this new woodie on Thill Network's Speed Zone. So who ever has a lot of experence in the 3D world, or who can teach me, i need all the help i can get.

P.S. This is a 300ft, 2.7mile, 95mph, Avg. 55mhp, 4Train, 6Car, Coaster. With Customization To The Max. Its Going To Be A Grate Coaster To Work With.

Steven ( maxamillious@hotmail.com )

jeffrop6691
08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi all. I have a question about rct 2. How do you increase chain lift speeds over 8 mph?
I went to rct2.com and the vacation parks. and many of there coasters had up to 224 mph on there chain lift speeds.

JordanMullins
09-07-2005, 05:33 PM
224? maybe it was the top of a "blast" style lift which are on twister coasters

coasterdude28
09-07-2005, 05:51 PM
I am having a Speedzone problem. For the last few weeks whenever I go into SZ the newest 10 coasters are from a few weeks ago. I have to go into to NL to see the new coasters. This is not a big problem but something that is odd. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

cp-soad
01-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Hi all. I have a question about rct 2. How do you increase chain lift speeds over 8 mph?
I went to rct2.com and the vacation parks. and many of there coasters had up to 224 mph on there chain lift speeds.

Due to the limitations of rct2, I believe that is impossible. Unless however, they used a trainer. If you are not familiar with what it is, heres a link that might be helpful. http://www.geocities.com/jmanderson_2000/trainers/trainers.htm

Every once in a while I use the "8 cars per trainer" just for fun.. I gave up on rct2 though since I found NoLimits.

medieval
01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Its hard to tell if he would even read that. That post is a little over a year old.

coastergruver
04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
i can't even get into the speedzone it says forbinden.

Alan J
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Speedzone is no longer an active feature of Thrillnetwork. Thats why you are unable to get into it at this time.

Graham
04-08-2009, 02:49 PM
i can't even get into the speedzone it says forbinden.

Because of compatibility issues with the new version of our site we have closed SpeedZone in the form it used to be in. We will still however have it open in the SeedZone forums. If there is a large demand to bring back SpeedZone in a form similar to the way it previously was then we might consider doing it.

CP Maverick
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
What happened to the files that were originally hosted by speedzone?

Cuddy
04-08-2009, 09:07 PM
According to Steven's blog about Speedzone, the files have not been deleted.

If you are using SpeedZone, some of you are probably feeling a bit of outrage, and wondering what will happen to your work. Rest assured, your work will not be lost. However, it will be unavailable until we can figure out what to do and how to make the files available within the new site. If you wish to share new files, The SpeedZone forums will remain in place, and files can continue to be uploaded there.

Racer
04-11-2009, 05:29 PM
This sucks. If there's not much demand for it, the Speedzone could disappear forever. Please let there be more demand!! The Speedzone is part of the reason I joined TN back in 2006.

CP Maverick
04-12-2009, 01:43 AM
According to Steven's blog about Speedzone, the files have not been deleted.
Ah, thanks. I did not read that.

This sucks. If there's not much demand for it, the Speedzone could disappear forever. Please let there be more demand!! The Speedzone is part of the reason I joined TN back in 2006.
I think the issue is the lack of activity in coaster games in general the last few years. I've seen activity in large RCT or NL sites come nearly to a halt. I think if TN could adopt constructive rating systems as used on other sites, and could bring more quality people to this site for those games in general, you may see a reason to bring it back. However, as the site currently stands, there isn't much going on here outside of general park and coaster discussions. It's hard for any one site to be ALL to the amusement industry... You're always going to have groups of people going one place instead of another... Just how people are.

Cuddy
04-14-2009, 12:07 AM
I uploaded coasters in the hopes someone could enjoy them, not rip them to shreds. and that's also how I viewed downloads...as something I could enjoy. If I'm going to be judged on new Element standards on TN, then there's no point in me uploading to SpeedZone.

Plain and simple.

CP Maverick
04-14-2009, 01:56 AM
I'm not saying people should be judged... Just use a more inclusive rating system to provide better and more complete feedback to those looking for opinions

Steven
04-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Per our posting rules, General discussion threads have been disallowed in most forums.

Regarding the closing of SpeedZone, please read the full blog here...

SpeedZone: What's happening to it with TNv4? - ThrillNetwork Boards (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/blogs/steven/speedzone-whats-happening-tnv4-71/)

Furthermore, you will want to look here for a discussion group on keeping SpeedZone alive...

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/groups/14-keep-speedzone-alive.html