PDA

View Full Version : B&m 2003

Rebel2000
09-08-2002, 02:19 PM
So what do we have from Wally and Mabs for next year? So far, all we know is Nemesis Inferno and Jazzland's B:TR clone, which isn't even a new coaster. There's bound to be other projects on their horizons. What and where do you think that B&M will build in the coming season?

Personally, I think and hope that SFA will get a floorless similar to B:TDK next year. It's also been rumored for a while that SFGAM, SFOT, SFFT, or SFGAD will get a flyer, even though the only proof has been the possible removal of a coaster from SFGAM. They built 7 coasters last year, hopefully they'll do as well this year, too.

Metalhead 777
09-08-2002, 02:28 PM
(this thread will probably get moved into rumors.)

my 2003 B&M predictions:
SFGAM - Flyer
SFGADV - Flyer
SFFT - Flyer
SFA - they don't have a beema yet, they got no new coasters last year, they are a major SF park, so, I think they will get the once rumored B&M standup
SFDL - they haven't gotten a coaster since 1999, when SF bought them. Enough said. If SF bought them, they wouldn't just not use them. maybe a small, compact floorless like BKF or a flyer?
SFWOA - maybe the hyper will be a B&M? Ya never know...
WOF - Inverted either in 2003 or 2004
DP - maybe a floorless?
IOA - Flying or Dive
BGW - floorless
BGT - hyper

I can think of others. Those are just some of what I think of as possibilities.

Chiller1472
09-09-2002, 12:21 AM
I think something might be flying over to a NJ park

avalancheboy
09-09-2002, 08:14 AM
they can throw somthing my way(australia) if they want to.:):):):):)

GAcoasterguy
09-10-2002, 10:41 PM
The plan at the planning board meeting was a layout almost identical to SUF (pretzel loop and all), so it almost official that SFGAdv is getting its 4th Beemer next year!

Thank you Claude and Walter!!!

coasterguy1
09-10-2002, 11:06 PM
NOOOO! S:UF was one coaster I Was hoping wouldnt be cloned. I didnt really want another B:TR...

Rebel2000
09-11-2002, 09:28 PM
Well like a lot of B&M's of the same type its almost identical. Look at all the Floorlesses. I think SUF is a good thing, and if you have a good thing, don't change it. But a few modifications are welcome. I'd say that things are looking way up from SFGAD next year.

Red Dog 40
09-12-2002, 04:33 PM
I would love to see a flyer or a floorless at BGW

Medusa1861
09-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Rebel2000
Well like a lot of B&M's of the same type its almost identical. Look at all the Floorlesses. I think SUF is a good thing, and if you have a good thing, don't change it. But a few modifications are welcome. I'd say that things are looking way up from SFGAD next year. you eman looking down, right? cause the only time you look up is on the pretzel loop...sorta. Well i believe that there won't be many B&Ms next year, SFGAdv, and SFFT = B&M Flyers... ummm..Maybe Lake Compounce will get the old rumoured invert....and i dunno

SFgadvfreak
09-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Gadv- B&M flyer SFFT- Flyer SFA- something of the sort of a hyper or a floorless Thorpe- Inverted(not a prediction duh) Jazzland- Invert(duh) SFMM- just another inovative coaster but now by B&M

BTW what r they first names Cluade Malliberd And ???? Bollinger

SFGadvKing
09-17-2002, 09:19 PM
walter...

SFgadvfreak
09-17-2002, 09:31 PM
so thats it. Thanks guys. sounds like im spamming so ill make good of my post.
BGT- Hyper
BGW- Flyer
SFWOA- hyper.

CoasterfanNE
09-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Funny that you hear so much more about intamin that B and M anymore. As for WoF getting a B and M, I would say 2004 would be the earliest and that isn't even too likely. That being my home park, I wish it was sooner, but we have to be realistic here.

MST3K_FREAK6666
09-18-2002, 02:46 PM
SFGADV -Flyer almost definitely
Jazzland -duh
SFFT - I'v heard a flyer but I think SFOT will get it
SFOT - see above
SFMM - Hmmm... dunnno, but they will get a beema for sure IMO
Lake Compounce - Invert (yeah I know, I can't dream can't I?)
IOA - A dive seems appropriate.
SFA aka cloneland - B:TDK clone, lol...
SFGAm - Looks like an S:UF clone
SFNE. A tera 4-d. (heh, heh.)

Skye
09-22-2002, 03:20 PM
SFGAM is getting a flyer now for sure.......inferno is kinda small but will be ok - it just would have been much better if it had a hulk lift and a zero-g roll drop.

Anaconda
09-24-2002, 08:47 PM
I agree Red Dog, unfortunately we'll have to wait until 2004.

Coastr Crazy 72
09-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Metalhead 777
(this thread will probably get moved into rumors.)

my 2003 B&M predictions:
SFGAM - Flyer
SFGADV - Flyer
SFFT - Flyer
SFA - they don't have a beema yet, they got no new coasters last year, they are a major SF park, so, I think they will get the once rumored B&M standup
SFDL - they haven't gotten a coaster since 1999, when SF bought them. Enough said. If SF bought them, they wouldn't just not use them. maybe a small, compact floorless like BKF or a flyer?
SFWOA - maybe the hyper will be a B&M? Ya never know...
WOF - Inverted either in 2003 or 2004
DP - maybe a floorless?
IOA - Flying or Dive
BGW - floorless
BGT - hyper

I can think of others. Those are just some of what I think of as possibilities. IOA - Flying or Dive

im sry if this doesnt follow the current subject but i didnt read much of this thread.i saw IOA and was shocked. is it just a rumor that they will be getting a new coaster or is it a fact? once again sry if this throws the subj off but i was interested in it

Andrew W
09-24-2002, 10:03 PM
B&M at SFA in 2003, B&M at SFA in 2003, PLEASE OHH PLEASE let there be a B&M at SFA in 2003!!

CoasterFan4Life
09-25-2002, 12:37 AM
Honestly coasterlover, I just don't see that happening. If anyone can find the exact figures, I'd appreciate it, but I remember seeing the statement made by SF and the "big four", and also the amount in the budget for new rides/improvements. If I remember correctly, it was somewhere around 120-130 million.

Figure GRadv and GRam(both getting B&M flyers) to get around 20 million each, maybe more if they recieve other attractions as well. SFOT is rumored to be getting a 4 tower S&S combo, plus other flats, so figure them in for about 20 million as well. And I can't imagine SF skimping on Magic Mountain, after all they have poured into that park the last few years, so figure at least another 20 million. So we are already up to 80 million.

Then, you figure in Enchanted village, which is getting a woodie, and jazzland, which is getting a used B:TR clone. There goes another 10 mil. so theres 90, so that leaves about 40 million for all the other parks. SFStl is having a nice year, figure them to get a few additions, as well as SFNE, which is slowly becoming one of the major parks, as well as minor improvements on all others in the chain. So, In conclusion, I doubt there will be $$ left for another major coaster.

And I forgot about SFWOA, which has had all kinds of rumors flying around. If SFA does get something, I doubt it will be a coaster.

Mod edit: you know what else you forgot? That double-posting is considered spam. Please use the EDIT button instead of double-posting.

Coastr Crazy 72
09-25-2002, 02:59 PM
cant wait for sgadv new flyer. its gonna be great. wonder what theyll name it. superman: flight of fun or Superwomen: Im gonna kill superman

SFgadvfreak
09-25-2002, 06:27 PM
LoL coastr Crazy, That makes GADV with 4 B&M's and 2 r clones. But thats 4 B&M's and thats pretty cool. Thats another officail one right there.

Coastr Crazy 72
09-25-2002, 06:32 PM
well actually only one is a clone and the other was cloned if you actually think about it because medusa was the first coaster of its kind which doesnt make it a clone. it was cloned but it isnt a clone. its the original. im not trying to be a good grammar teacher here(im still in school) so dont flame me for what i said but medusa really isnt a clone.

edit: i must have repeated myself like 5 times in that little sent...lol...sorry

CoasterFan4Life
09-25-2002, 09:44 PM
coastr crazy, Medusa isn't the clone, B:TR is. And now that I think about it, Medusa hasnt been cloned. Medusa West has an added element that East doesn't have. If you really want to get technical, superman isn't an exact clone either(height is different).

Anyways, who cares, as long as the rides are good??

Coastr Crazy 72
09-25-2002, 09:48 PM
i know. that is what i was saying. i said medusa was cloned and wasnt a clone itself. but no lets no get technical. it gets too confusing. but also yea your right- as long as the ride is good

GAcoasterguy
09-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Actually, SFGAdv will have 3 clones...GASM is a clone of SFGAm's Shockwave.

AmbersDan
10-02-2002, 06:17 PM
If SFa doesnt build next year i will be both suprised and disapointed

Byron
10-11-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CoasterFan4Life
coastr crazy, Medusa isn't the clone, B:TR is. And now that I think about it, Medusa hasnt been cloned. Medusa West has an added element that East doesn't have. If you really want to get technical, superman isn't an exact clone either(height is different).

Anyways, who cares, as long as the rides are good??

Originally posted by Coastr Crazy 72
i know. that is what i was saying. i said medusa was cloned and wasnt a clone itself. but no lets no get technical. it gets too confusing. but also yea your right- as long as the ride is good

There seems to be a misunderstanding here, from what I understand. I'm pretty sure CoasterFan is saying that Medusa isn't cloned and Coastr Crazy is saying that it is, but that's my interpretation, which is probably wrong. I think CoasterFan4Life is saying BTR is a clone and the new ride will be a clone.

Rebel2000
10-13-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by SFgadvfreak
SFA- something of the sort of a hyper or a floorless What!? Are you crazy!? Why would SFA need another hyper when they have S:ROS looming over the park!? I really, really, really doubt that. But...come on floorless!

Originally posted by HoustonThrills
There seems to be a misunderstanding here, from what I understand. I'm pretty sure CoasterFan is saying that Medusa isn't cloned and Coastr Crazy is saying that it is, but that's my interpretation, which is probably wrong. I think CoasterFan4Life is saying BTR is a clone and the new ride will be a clone. Coastr Crazy 72 was saying he thought that both Medusas were identical, but Medusa West was the "clone" since it came second. In actuality, they have many differences, including the drop, cobra roll/sea serpent, corkscrews, etc. Refer to kraxle's infamous thread for more info.

Originally posted by CoasterFan4Life
Then, you figure in Enchanted village, which is getting a woodie, and jazzland, which is getting a used B:TR clone. There goes another 10 mil. so theres 90, so that leaves about 40 million for all the other parks. SFStl is having a nice year, figure them to get a few additions, as well as SFNE, which is slowly becoming one of the major parks, as well as minor improvements on all others in the chain. So, In conclusion, I doubt there will be $$ left for another major coaster.

And I forgot about SFWOA, which has had all kinds of rumors flying around. If SFA does get something, I doubt it will be a coaster. I think SFA did better this year than u think. I don't know SFSTL and SFNE's attendence figures for 2002, but SFA had a 9% increase in attendence. It won't warrant a major coaster, but something good enough. Hopefully something better than this Wild Mouse rumor that is currently circulating. :mad:

Rebel2000
02-17-2003, 07:30 PM
I thought I'd update this thread since I started it.

Batman: The Ride - Six Flags New Orleans - Inverted (moved from Japan)
Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park - Inverted
Scream! - Six Flags Magic Mountain - Floorless
Superman: Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Great Adventure - Flying (clone of the SFOG one)
Superman: Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Great America - Flying (clone of the SFOG one)

There you have it, we're getting 5 new Beemers next year. I really hoped that SFA would get one, but we'll have to settle with the raft ride. 2004!