PDA

View Full Version : Some Errors and Something I Noticed

Chip
09-22-2002, 10:05 PM
First, check out this thread (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22006) by Zero G. When you rate coasters, it adds an extra comment with nothing in it. I also don't think you should be able to rate your own coasters, because some people might rate their own giving them tens over and over, if that's possible. Check out my coaster (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/index.php?page=getinfo&table=No_Limits&id=10) and you'll see the error when I voted for my own coaster. And maybe there should be a limit on the size of pictures or a way that automatically makes images a default size. Sorta like what they have over at coastergames.net. There it makes your images one size and you can't rate your own coasters.

Graham
09-22-2002, 10:39 PM
Bad Chip you should not rate your own coaster ;)

I have some more ideas for it.
1) Just like the forums have it show the newest coasters at the top of the list.
2) Could you have an area that shows the number of times the coasters page has been viewed
3) In the use Profile for a member could you pleas has it say Speed Zone or something in the area where it says last post and keep a record of it in the post by this user area.
4) could u pleas make the header were it says title, user, file, screenshot, ect.. be red like the forums
5) (another little cosmetic thing) I think if you were to make the colors for speedzone red it would go better with the rest of the site. the pink does not look good.
6) could you pleas have an image for a button for the upload a file button. a button like the VB ones would look good.
7) could you have a column for # of reviews
8) i also think you should get 1 post added to your post count when you psot a coatser (i dont think it does that now)

Thatís all folks :)

Chip
09-23-2002, 01:24 PM
Bad Chip you should not rate your own coaster
I gave it a three! :D

Just like the forums have it show the newest coasters at the top of the list.
They have the most recent uploads on the right side.

i also think you should get 1 post added to your post count when you psot a coatser (i dont think it does that now)
That might be okay, since the old SpeedZone added to your count, but this SpeedZone really isn't part of our forums anymore. It's its own section of the site now.

Graham
09-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Chip
They have the most recent uploads on the right side.

Yeah but i was thinking about when it has 100's of files on the page. Are people going to go all the way down the page to look for a new file. And that only shows the 5 newest ones.

That might be okay, since the old SpeedZone added to your count, but this SpeedZone really isn't part of our forums anymore. It's its own section of the site now.

Well i think i comment should count then when you post a file it should count.

Chip
09-24-2002, 01:28 PM
Maybe comments should count, but as long as the bugs get worked out and you don't get two post counts for commenting and rating. :)