PDA

View Full Version : PPP--Pre-Premier Parks

Andy Hodgson
10-25-2002, 07:15 PM
Ok, here is the real deal, what you do is upload your park to the Speed Zone, then link to the download page in THIS THREAD. Voting will go by the best rating that is given to each park. This way you can rate each park, and not just vote for one. Anymore questions? IM me at SaveTheHodgy, and this contest ends on November 5th, 2002. Enjoy the first, and very informal contest to lead up to the BIGGIES!

Natelox
10-26-2002, 05:59 PM
pre? why pre?

Andy Hodgson
10-26-2002, 07:57 PM
It's a short, introductory contest to just get the contest juices flowing again here at TN.

Butterfinger
10-26-2002, 11:30 PM
So do the rules for regular TNPP's go for this contest also? Like could I submit, say, The Outer Banks which was a Runner-Up spotlight at NE?

Also, it might be nice if you posted the winners of the June contest and start the poll for the August one, seeing as its now almost November ;)

intamin101
10-27-2002, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Because if you are not going to do anything with the parks that were in the other contests, then you should let them re-submit them, because they weren't really in the contest because well you didn't do anything with them.

Andy Hodgson
10-28-2002, 06:04 PM
Yea, its just like the old TNPP, only there isn't a staff voting. The winners go in order by highest rating that is given to a park. That means in order to vote you need to rate each park that you download. Also, any park entered into a June, July, or August contest may be resubmitted and eligible. One other note, any park can be entered into the contest now, whether its old, another winner or so forth, as long as the park hasn't won a contest twice. So, submit any park you like that hasn't already won a TNPP.

intamin101
10-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Hmmm. If my park were ready I'd enter it for sure, but I am not quite done **cough** **cough** testers **cough** **cough** But are you saying that parks that have won like a spotlight or something are eligable? Because thats ridiculous. People that are permanently over at NE shouldn't be able to post their spotlight winners, because they barely even read the forums much less advertise for their new parks, besides a few people. But if Spotlights are accepted I'm not entering my park for this one.

Natelox
10-29-2002, 10:09 PM
well i'm the only NE spotlight winner that posts here...and i'm not planning on entering anything

Butterfinger
10-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Hehe Nate... hopefully you wont be the only one for long ;)

BTW intamin101- I wanna be a tester!

Rebel2000
11-01-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Butterfinger
Hehe Nate... hopefully you wont be the only one for long ;)

BTW intamin101- I wanna be a tester! Me, CFM, and TXCG1 were testers. Sorry, you missed the cut. :D He's saying that since CFM and TXCG1 haven't given him their reviews back yet.

Butterfinger
11-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Well, I guess I'm the 4th tester then :) (He sent it to me anyway)

I'm thinking of entering OBX for this one.... well see

intamin101
11-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Yeah, he asked me before in my thread, and I really wasn't planning on sending it to him because I had already chosen my testers. But I really needed feedback, and more opinions on the (great) suggestions you already gave me (rebel). So I sent him the park a couple days ago, and I got the reveiw back. So thanks for being prompt with that BF.

Aaron
11-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Are there any materialistic prizes associated with this contest?

Butterfinger
11-03-2002, 01:41 PM
Im entering The Outer Banks

Heres da linkie:
http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/index.php?page=getinfo&table=Roller_Coaster_Tycoon&id=18

Check it out foo's! :D :rolleyes:

CFM- Who really cares if there are any material prizes? The real exitment for a contest for ME is just the competition and the challenge of winning... that if far more rewarding to me than some TN mouse pad....

On a side note- you guys DO realize that this contest ends in 2 DAYS from my understanding, and that you can enter ANY park as long as it hasent won a TNPP before (hint hint CFM, TXCG1, and any others that have a good park laying around)

C'mon people!!! Lets liven up these boards some :rolleyes:

intamin101
11-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Um Butterfinger, you were gone for a long time so I don't know if you are aware that they used to give out free tickets to the park of your choice. So I think it would be really cool to win and get a park ticket for free and then upgrade to a season pass for $30 at the beginning of the season. And yeah I agree, people should definitely enter their parks for this. I would enter mine, but I am totally re-doing a lot of it and there is no way it will be ready in two days. But Andy do another PP contest for sure, because I will definitely enter it for the next one. Definitely.

Andy Hodgson
11-03-2002, 04:29 PM
No prizes, too much money.

Aaron
11-03-2002, 11:28 PM
As long as there's no prizes, I'll be glad to enter. I think I'll enter Oakwood Lake, I think it's the better of the two parks I've released in the Speed Zone. Download it here (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/index.php?page=getinfo&table=Roller_Coaster_Tycoon&id=9) if you haven't already. And ignore that discolored pic, here's the actual thing.

Butterfinger
11-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by intamin101
Um Butterfinger, you were gone for a long time so I don't know if you are aware that they used to give out free tickets to the park of your choice. So I think it would be really cool to win and get a park ticket for free and then upgrade to a season pass for $30 at the beginning of the season. And yeah I agree, people should definitely enter their parks for this. I would enter mine, but I am totally re-doing a lot of it and there is no way it will be ready in two days. But Andy do another PP contest for sure, because I will definitely enter it for the next one. Definitely.

Actually, I've been at TN ever since the TNPP started.... I could tell you who has won every single past PP contest here. Ive only been away from this site just recently becasue of my involvment at NE. I'm about to get my free ticket for PKD... I just have to send the reciept in to Alex.

intamin101
11-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Oh, sorry. I couldn't remember exactly when you left. It seems longer, and I don't know when they started giving out free park tickets.

Rebel2000
11-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Did the contest end already? Only two parks were submitted! At least that's what it says in Speedzone. I know that me and Intamin101 were getting ready to enter parks. I was away all this weekend so I didn't get the chance to do it yet. Hmm...

Andy Hodgson
11-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Yea, that was the end of that small contest, the bigger ones start this weekend. Also, CFM, you didn't enter the contest. In order for you to enter into the contest you have to submit the file into the SpeedZone database and while you are entering it in, check a box at the bottom asking which contest, if any, you want to enter it into. But, you can still get a second place mention, just not literally.

Aaron
11-06-2002, 11:53 PM
Aw, darn it. The file had already been posted a month before I entered it.

Rebel2000
11-07-2002, 02:36 PM
No worries, CFM. Enter MP28 into this coming contest. I actually thought it was better than MP21. :)

Andy Hodgson
11-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Alright, well I have several great contests in mind, but I have to wait to see the participation in the next TNPP before I release them. Otherwise there will be a bunch of contests with only 1 or 2 or even no entries entered.

Some of the contests would be...

Best Architecture
Best Coaster (Themed)
Best Mini Park
Objective Contests (will be run by me personally through e-mail)

All of these will alternate between RCT1 and RCT2 weeks for the contest, and for the Best Coaster it will vary sometimes between steel, wood, and such. The objective contests are pretty self-explanitory, you will be given an objective and the best entry to fulfill that objective wins.

Drewbie
11-07-2002, 07:54 PM
So these contests would be starting up appoximately when? Oh and maybe it's already listed here someplace, but how exactly is it that you submit something once a contest starts?

intamin101
11-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Um he said that the contests will not start until after then next TNPP. But Andy, I suggest starting the "best coaster" contest sooner. Coasters and mini parks do not take very long at all to make. So you should start telling people to make a coaster so they have more than 2 weeks to make them. I know I would enter that also.

EDIT: How small would a park have to be to be elligable for a mini-park contest? Because I am working on a smaller park, but it is not really really small. So I was just wondering.

intamin101
11-30-2002, 02:05 AM
You should tell us when the net PP is going to be, because I have a park just sitting around waiting to be entered, and I know that I am not the only one.

Also, I have a mini-park that is waiting to be entered into a contest if we ever have a mini-park contest.

Butterfinger
12-01-2002, 04:47 PM
Yeah, get something going over here. Start a TNPP all ready! If this got anyones contest juices flowing, they are sure to be frozen back up by now.

Rebel2000
12-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Yeah, seriously, as sad as it is, this has to be the most crappily run RCT contest on the Internet. I've had a park sitting on my hard drive for 4 months now, waiting for this stupid contest to start. I'm already half done another park, and I could really care less about entering the finished park at this point. Please, just start the damn thing already.

Valpengeist
12-01-2002, 09:03 PM
I agree with yall, but give him a break. I honestly don't see how anyone could be so busy as to not begin the contest, but you must give him some allowances.

I too have both a mega and a mini waiting for entry, but I'm currently enjoying making my new park, while I know C:MC will be slammed. LoL.

Anyways, Andy, please begin to develop this contest- many, if not most old TNPPers have lost interest by now. Let's get this thing started!

Andy Hodgson
12-01-2002, 10:33 PM
It's started, as I had stated to anyone who asked me over AIM, on Dec. 1st, one year after it was originally thought of. Find the new thread and start entering those parks.