PDA

View Full Version : Spelling Test?

OrlandoCoaster
06-09-2001, 08:25 AM
I KNOW this is just wishful thinking, but it would be great to read posts that have correct spelling and grammar. Just a thought...

Swimming King
06-10-2001, 01:32 PM
I think Dat U R right.
<BR>Seriously though, that really really really gets on my nerves.

NitroExplodes
07-01-2001, 06:49 AM
That is an excellent thought. I hate when people can't spell on purpose, but hey, they could just make a mistake while typing.

Erik Johnson
07-01-2001, 07:39 AM
I agree. I hate when people use "u" and "ur" and other such horrible shorthands. Does it really take that much longer to type the whole thing out? Anyway, the mods have discussed this and the general consensus is that chasing after people for spelling and grammar qualifies as over-moderation. If enough users voice the same opinion as you, the matter may be examined further.

Amy
07-01-2001, 08:32 AM
I agree with the whole shorthand thing, but if people misspell words I don't think that they should be attacked or corrected. It is a bit over the top. Some people aren't good spellers, or maybe their hands slip. I think that it's worse when they TYPE IN ALL CAPS or Capitialize Every First Letter.

Kraken
07-01-2001, 09:08 AM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-07-01 07:39, Erik Johnson wrote:
<BR>I agree. I hate when people use "u" and "ur" and other such horrible shorthands. Does it really take that much longer to type the whole thing out? Anyway, the mods have discussed this and the general consensus is that chasing after people for spelling and grammar qualifies as over-moderation. If enough users voice the same opinion as you, the matter may be examined further.
<BR>
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>You can't be serious! Spelling should NOT be moderated, no matter how many people it annoys.

beltzies64
07-03-2001, 12:26 PM
Evil Princess hit the nail on the head about what I hate. Some people *cough* IOA Master *cough* Decide That They Are Going To Type Like This And It Really Gets On My Nerves! That is very hard to read. Some of the spelling mistakes make me mad too, but hey, some people just aren't good spellers!