PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave going to SFKK?

wkuswifty
12-02-2002, 12:02 PM
A friend told me today that the Courier Journal had an article stating that it may be receiving Shockwave from Great America!!! I have heard this isn't a good RC but, hey, 180 feet??? Can't be too bad.:D

I was told the article also said that VIPER is still in question. However, last week I saw where they have placed the markings for VIPER. Where would Shockwave go?

Very excited in Louisville right now!

GAcoasterguy
12-02-2002, 12:53 PM
I have a feeling there is just some confusion here...I think they are getting Viper which used to be TIDAL Wave when it was at SFGAm. I really can't picture SFKK getting Shockwave, simply because I don't think there is enough room for it. The reporters often get their facts a little confused ;)

wkuswifty
12-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Sorry, but there is not a topic about Shockwave going to SFKK on another thread. It was decided on the other thread that VIPER is going to SFKK. I am talking about Shockwave.

Whoops - I read your post wrong GACoasterguy - sorry. Viper was called the Great Wave at Great America. I am talking about the Arrow looper that Great America tore down this year. SFKK is looking into buying it.

Mod edit: double post removed. Please use the edit button instead of posting twice. Thanks.

GAcoasterguy
12-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Sorry, I was confused too, so I edited my post...

Tidal Wave/Shock Wave...it's close!

wkuswifty
12-02-2002, 01:13 PM
...and I keep calling it Great Wave instead of Tidal Wave. :)

SFMM4Life
12-02-2002, 07:47 PM
I always thought SFKK was desperate for space and that is why they wanted viper because it was so small. But anyways, if you get Shockwave, YOU'RE LUCKY!! Arrow loopers rule. Just go front row and don't put your hands up anad there is no head banging. Plus they're high, and the lifts are nice and slow so suspense builds. The loops are also intense too. I hope that Shockwave gets put into a smaller Six Flags, and KK is perfetly fine with me!

SfgaMan
12-02-2002, 09:53 PM
ShockWave was just "okay". I't wore out its years at SFGA. I'm glad to see it go. It was a true head banger.:flip:

fishmish20ish
12-03-2002, 09:37 PM
question is kk wort going to this summer? i was there befor when chang was then new ride. should i go again?

intamin101
12-03-2002, 11:08 PM
Its your choice really. If you have a season pass to another SF park, and it is not much of a bother to get a ride to SFKK, then why not? Either way, riding coasters that you don't get to ride very often is fun, so I don't see why, if you can get there, you shouldn't go. But, if its about a choice between 2 different parks, then thats a different story, as I'm sure that you would rather go to any other of the parks in that area than SFKK, just because there are a lot of very nice parks in the Central US area.

GAcoasterguy
12-04-2002, 09:37 AM
That'swhat I'd say too. If you can go, and have a season pass, you might as well go. If it's a choice between like CP and SFKK, then go to CP. If it's a choice between PKI and SFKK, go to PKI. But if you can go, you should! Especially if you have a SF season pass...

raser
01-01-2003, 12:46 AM
SFKK would be about 10th on my midwest park list . There are many better parks in the area and I plan on going to all them in the next 10 years. I started visiting atleast 1 new park each year.

Brent
01-05-2003, 04:21 PM
I loved Shockwave at SFGAm, but I hope it goes to a better park than SFKK, because from what I heard, SFKK isn't that great.

BryanWood
01-05-2003, 08:16 PM
There is NO room at SFKK for Shockwave. It is jammed as it is, it'll be tough enough to fit the Schwarzkopf looper in.

wkuswifty
01-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Well, it all depends. SFKK owns (and cleared) a huge lot beside CHANG.
At one point I heard that it would become a parking lot and they were going to move the entrance to the park. That has seemed to have died. I think it would be a BAD idea. It would take up too much space. That would be plenty of land to give Shockwave a new home. It is also out of the plane flight path so the height should not be a problem. The bad thing is that it would virtually take up all the extra space and would it be a smart move to use up that space for one coaster?

Remains to be seen....

ride6
01-06-2003, 05:19 PM
That land could probably be used better but oh well. I was thinking an Impulce+a Supercompact Intamin Hyper (Like that one in Japan!).
I haven't been there it just sounded good when you said that. SFKK is pretty far down on my to go to list which goes something like this

1)SFGAmer.
2)Cedar Point
3)Indiana Beach
4)PKI
5)SFWOA
7)Holiday World (It's aways away plus the longer I wait the more stuff they'll have)
8)Kennywood (Can't be farther than KK from here)
9)SFKK (Owch!)