PDA

View Full Version : Coaster in Mtv Commercial

Leo C
12-23-2002, 11:36 PM
Did anyone see that Mtv Protect your Rights commercial where the guy and his friend are seated in a 2 seated invert with yellow track and dark green supports? The black restraints style indicated a Vekoma SLC. Does anyone know where a yellow tracked green support SLC is or is it just computer magic for the commercial changing the real color of the tracks? The commercial was about using protection. The guy on the coaster asked the maintenance guy to be launched without his harness down. The train was dispatched and his seat came back empty. He didn't use protection.

Rebel2000
12-24-2002, 01:17 AM
The custom SLC in China is yellow and green. That's the only one I can think of with colors like that. I don't see why they'd travel out to China to shoot the commerical, though.

It could be Runaway Reptar at PKI! But, I think you'd notice the difference between an SLC and a kiddie coaster.

Chip
12-24-2002, 01:53 AM
It's not Jing Kuan, since in a small shot of it they showed the sea serpent element that's standard on SLCs. It was a light yellow track color. I haven't figured out what it is yet.

James
12-24-2002, 02:12 AM
Could It Be The Batman The Ride at SFM?...its a SLC has yellow track and black suports...:)

Alex T
12-24-2002, 10:26 AM
I wondered how long it'd be before someone mentioned this commercial. I saw it, and it's definately your standard SLC. As far as the colors, I'd imagine they just edited them for TV. I could be wrong though and there is an SLC with the colors that are on the commercial.