PDA

View Full Version : Busch Gardens Tampa Construction

SFOGFAN
12-31-2002, 03:55 AM
BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY IS GETTING A 4-D :) ........ Movie :(

Anyways i was walking by and i was reading it and like HOLY ****! A 4-D, then second thought ... no way i could have missed the rummor, and then i walk closer to read the small letters saying movie :(

what do yall think bout it? is it gonna be any good?

SFOGFAN
12-31-2002, 03:56 AM
Btw its openning May 2003, as they said

robvia
12-31-2002, 11:00 AM
Movie? It will be a hit as everyone sees it for the first time. But after that who knows. I'd rather have an S&S tower ride back there.
Tell us what's happening to the north west corner of the park. You see it as you go up the lift hill of Kumba. There is a fountain in the middle.
Any workers out there? Any markers?

rocketman23
12-31-2002, 11:48 AM
Yes... a Haunted Lighthouse in Timbuktu... sigh. Anyway, for you passport members, there's previews for this ahead-

Sneak Peeks:
March 7 at 5 pm
March 8 at 10 am
March 9 at 10 am

Premiere Party (Platinum passes only): May 22

Open only to pass members(preview tickets on first come first serve basis): May 23

SFOGFAN
12-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Yes thats exacly the problem with movies/shows ... U see it once, and then it gets lame unline u can ride a coaster or and S&S n stuff. I think that 4-D movie is just a waste of money.

But still, I still enjoy riding Amazing Adventures of Spiderman over and over again, that ride is just fun.

sixflagsmasta
12-31-2002, 02:30 PM
So the 4-D movie is nothing like the 4-D coaster right? It's just sorta like a motion simulator. Sounds boring. They need a new coaster badly.

SFOGFAN
12-31-2002, 04:13 PM
lol trust me, even if they do fit a 4-D coaster in that lil building, it would suck bad. And im still pretty sure that there is no way it can beat Spiderman

rocketman23
12-31-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by sixflagsmasta
So the 4-D movie is nothing like the 4-D coaster right? It's just sorta like a motion simulator. Sounds boring. They need a new coaster badly.

It's not even a motion simulator. It is a 3D film written by RL Stine. It is just a theatre like Pirates 4D, Muppets, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Tough to Be a Bug, etc... It seems the Busch parks has steered away from coasters lately, hopefully they return.

robvia
12-31-2002, 11:17 PM
The suits are in family people mode. We gotta write letters and brainwash them back to thrillride mode. Kinda like what we've been doing on the dis boards for IOA/USF.
The problem is that attendance at SWF has been very good lately.
So why would they build a thrill ride?
Oh, they are, at Sea World of San Diego, a clone of Atlantis.
They want people staying in the parks longer, so they're building
bars and fancy restaurants.
It's frustrating knowing that the Florida parks won't get anything until 2004, unless you wanna count Mission Space for 2003 (wow, did I just mention a Disney ride?). Let's hope they wake up when fans start talking about the Mummy ride.

SFOGFAN
01-01-2003, 03:33 AM
Wait isnt Univesal getting and indoor intamin coaster?

rocketman23
01-01-2003, 11:19 AM
It's not a full-fledged coaster... and it looks like it may be a Premier ride, but could be a Intamin. It will be roughly half dark ride and half coaster.

PierceP525
01-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Building bars and restaurants (although I have to admit Sharks looked really cool, but I'm not sure I like what they did to Terrors of the Deep or Shark Encounter as it is now called) may be what they think will keep people in the parks, but one of the only reasons I visit SWF every year is because of Kraken, which, GASP, is a thrill ride.

If I had to guess, I would bet Kraken has a lot to do with attendance being good. I mean, come on, once you've seen the shows, you've seen the shows (unless you are a huge mark of killer whales like me and just can't get enough no matter what). So, what else would keep people coming back?

robvia
01-03-2003, 07:59 AM
What keeps them coming back to SWF?
It's new people from the UK that are adding a day at SWF as part of their Disney trip. I read message after message on the dis boards, of people who spend 4 days at Disney, then move to USF/IOA, and also throw in a day at SWF.

SFOGFAN
01-05-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by PierceP525
Building bars and restaurants (although I have to admit Sharks looked really cool, but I'm not sure I like what they did to Terrors of the Deep or Shark Encounter as it is now called) may be what they think will keep people in the parks, but one of the only reasons I visit SWF every year is because of Kraken, which, GASP, is a thrill ride.

If I had to guess, I would bet Kraken has a lot to do with attendance being good. I mean, come on, once you've seen the shows, you've seen the shows (unless you are a huge mark of killer whales like me and just can't get enough no matter what). So, what else would keep people coming back?

Yes Kraken was the reason i went, but i wouldnt say that kraken is that great, and id even say its kinda raugh, for a B&M, but i still loved it.

Dr.Bruce Banner
01-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by SFOGFAN

Yes Kraken was the reason i went, but i wouldnt say that kraken is that great, and id even say its kinda raugh, for a B&M, but i still loved it. Im just curious.... how did you find Kraken ROUGH?

willski2002
01-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Yeah SFOGFAN, how is Kraken rough? There aren't any coasters as smooth as Kraken at SFOG.

Dr.Bruce Banner
01-06-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by willski2002
Yeah SFOGFAN, how is Kraken rough? There aren't any coasters as smooth as Kraken at SFOG. And sence when is Kraken at SFOG?, its a B&M floorless at Sea World Orlando, just in case if you misunderstood.

Daishi
01-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Bruce Banner
And sence when is Kraken at SFOG?, its a B&M floorless at Sea World Orlando, just in case if you misunderstood.

no, you've misunderstood, DrBanner.
he meant there arent many coasters at SFOG which are as smooth as Kraken.

I would say Kraken is very smooth

SFstinks
01-07-2003, 12:08 PM
I love SeaWorld parks-- I go back just to see the animals- and enjoy a day in a park with a different atmosphere than most others-- SeaWorlds are very relaxing.

BTW the California version of Atlantis is not going to be an exact clone. Out there it will be taller (90 or 95 ft.) and have more coaster track. I think it sounds closer to one in Europe.

Dr.Bruce Banner
01-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Ohh ok, I apologize willski2002. I misread your post.

ValleyfairFan
01-07-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm always amazed by what some people view as a rough ride.

robvia
01-08-2003, 08:18 AM
Kraken is the smoothest of all the sit down Florida coasters, it's the newest too.
Take a B&M thrill ride tour some time. Visit BGT first, ride Kumba. Smooth but some parts bump your head into the restraint. Next, ride Hulk. Smoother, but a few head bumps near the end. Finally, ride Kraken. Very smooth, no head bumps. You can feel the wheels spinning, and they rattle a bit, but it's nothing compared to the others. Some even complain the ride is tame, that's because it's so smooth and the G forces are centered perfectly.

PierceP525
01-16-2003, 08:32 PM
I have to agree with Dr. Banner. To me, Kraken's one of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. I can't see how anyone could find it rough. And, it is certainly the quietest coaster I have ever been on. You can't hear it anywhere in the park (which I'm sure was by design)

Aerosmith
01-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Yea i was there superbowl sunday its looks ok. I think it will be a good sit down thing to do. But i have no clue what its actually going to be besides 4d.

ride6
01-29-2003, 08:43 PM
It's a real bite that BG seems to be out of the coaster wars. IMO BGT could use a hyper or mini hyper (like Golieth @ SFH) and BGW could really use a woodie. I mean REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY! Badly. I haven't been there but I think they need one . I t would make them very competitive with PKD.

rider-x
01-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Kraken is so quiet because they filled the rails with sand.