PDA

View Full Version : Alex

Alex Westerman
02-15-2003, 02:53 PM
hey hey.

The first coaster I ever went on was the Coney Island Cyclone. I must have been six. My brothers dragged me on it. It was terrifing. I think we rode it 3 times in a row. My mom was pissed off at them for taking me on it. But from then on I was hooked.

I am graduate of Ithaca College with a degree in Art History and Theater history. Double major. Yikes. What do I do for a living you might ask? Well I work in television, movie and theater production; for two years as Executive in Charge of Development at Bona Dea Productions, two years as Production Executive of The Weisberger Theatre Group, one year as an Assistant Producer at Zollo Productions and most recently, as an Art Director of “Out of the Box,” Walt Disney’s critically acclaimed daily series produced for The Disney Channel.

Over the past ten years, I have worked on numerous television, feature film and theatrical productions, in various capacities. Highlights include the films: Robert Redford’s, “Quiz Show (with Ralph Fiennes, Rob Marrow),” Alan Parker’s, “Mississippi Burning (with Gene Hackman, Willem Dafoe),” “Naked in New York (with Eric Stoltz, Kathleen Turner, Whoopi Goldberg),” “The Substance of Fire (with Sarah Jessica Parker, Timothy Hutton, Tony Goldwyn);” the plays: “Angels in America”, David Mamet’s “Oleanna”, and “Down the Road” (with Eric Stoltz).

See my IMDB info: http://us.imdb.com/Name?Westerman,+Alexander

Now. hummm now. I'm going to direct a feature film this summer. We've raised some money for it. We're goning to shoot it on film. Just finishing up the script now. After working on so many different flicks over the years I've come to realize that I really want to direct and be in charge of the vision for once. I am very excited about this. Hey if there are any producers out there or actors who are members of this board let me know who you are. Who knows...maybe we can do something?

Anyway. I am thrilled with this community we've built. It's really great to log on and be a part of something like this.

G-Farce
02-20-2003, 12:53 AM
I love "Out of the Box". That show kicks Barney's big purple nose.

If you ever need any stoney lookin extras, feel free to contact me. I would love to get a chance to see some behnd the scenes stuff at a real movie set.

CoasterKid23
02-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey, the big cheese, the last guy I'd expect to welcome to TN. That's cool what you do, I should look for you in the credits of 'Out of The Box' (my cousin loves it). I can say, "look, I (kinda) know that guy!"

Fastardo
02-20-2003, 05:27 PM
So you're responsible for me having to sit through Out Of The Box over and over again with my daughter.

In that case it's Goodbye, Farewell to YOU my friend! :D

Alex Westerman
02-20-2003, 07:58 PM
lol. I did 2 seasons. It was a blast. I can't believe you guys have watched it. A lot of the "crafts" projects I designed and created. :)

coasetrphil
02-21-2003, 05:14 PM
I loved watching Out of the Box with my little brother and sister. That is pretty cool that you were involved in that show.

Alex Westerman
03-20-2003, 12:07 PM
After 2 years I was burnt out. It was so much fun and the kids were great. Some day I'll convert this behind the scenes vid they gave me when I left. It's really funny. I was the clown of the set and always doing pratical jokes.

Sir Willow
03-20-2003, 12:32 PM
Great Alex. Now I have something else to hold against you!

My kids at 6 and 7 still insist on watching that whenever they can. Oh, and having their own costume/ old clothes box, craft box, etc.

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!! ;) :D

Alex Westerman
03-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Sorry.

:D ;party; :D

It's so funny when I tell people I worked on OTB and then they go into what projects they've done with their kids. It's very rewarding because that's why we did the show. Parnet/kid interaction.

I'd have to say my favorite craft project was making a parachute out of tissue papar. It was simple. Used only supplies that most people already had access to in their homes and it was fun. O and worked. :)