PDA

View Full Version : Intro of myself

Alex T
02-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Hello all. My name is Alex, I'm 15, and I live in Indy. Although I live in the racing capitol (al or ol?) of the world, or so they say, I hate racing. Anyways, I'm a freshmen in highschool. I'm one of the top in my class. I'm on the swim team at my school, and I'm one of three freshmen to letter. If anyone is interested, I swim breast stroke. I also used to be a huge basketball fan, but quit because the coaches were the worst in the state (well in my opinion they were). During my basketball career, my AAU team won state two years in a row, and last year we won nationals. I enjoy techno, punk/alternative (whatever you want to call it) music. Oh yeah, I'm not a hick or redneck, even though I do live in Indy. I must say though, there are a ton of them around here, it's unbelievable. Off of the hicks, when I grow up, I plan on majoring in business, and attending Northwestern or Notre Dame, although that could easily change over the years. I would also like to work at Cedar Point when I turn 18, and work my way through the company. That's why I want to major in business.

Ok, on to my coaster enthusiasm. I've been interested in coasters my whole life, however, I just became an enthusiast around a year ago. Around the age of 7, I rode my first true big coaster, Vortex at PKI. We were there for two days, and on the first day, I chickened out, but the second day I rode it. That was the only time in my life I've chickened out on a coaster. I've ridden around 55 coasters, most of which are from around this area, but I have made it out to Magic Mountain. I've been a member of ACE for a year now, and I plan on being in ACE for many years to come. I've been interested in designing coasters for a long time. I owned the first coaster design game, Coaster (I think that's what it was called, it was made by disney back in the early-mid 90's) I've had NoLimits for some time now, and I really enjoy it. I also like rct, although I don't play it all that often.

Alright, that's about all of the info on myself for now. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Cid
02-24-2003, 04:12 PM
if your that interested in design, you might want to consider being a design consultant for a major theme park. it sounds like a great job from what i can tell. apparently you go over with whatever company your contracting to build your coaster about the design of the ride. i only say this because i don't want the competition, cause i'm gonna work my way through cedar point to the top Mwa ha ha ha. that is seriously like the exact same goal i have though, major in buisness and work your way up.

Alex T
02-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Well, you've got a few years on me, but I'd watch your back, haha. Actually, being a design consultant would be awesome, I think that'd be the ideal job for myself.

G-Farce
02-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey...did they name that interstate David Letterman high-way yet?

Alex T
02-26-2003, 05:31 PM
Nope, they haven't, I wonder if they ever will though.

G-Farce
02-26-2003, 07:03 PM
I heard he planned to pay Indy like 16 million dollars.

Alex T
02-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Wow, this is all news to me. I heard rumors of it, but I thought that's all they were, I didn't know he actually offered to pay money. Well if it does get named that, it'd be pretty funny. If gets named after him, I wonder if they'll ever change it back.