PDA

View Full Version : Universal Orlando Construction.

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-22-2003, 12:39 AM
Well, as Jimmy Neutron is ready to open and Shrek is nearly due to open this summer.... On a much more important note, black Premier coaster track has showed up for the "Mummy" attraction to replace Kong. Ive had employees tell me the press release will come in May. Visit screamscape (http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.html) for a few pictures that I took from Curious George.

Knoxville
03-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Sounds cool. I can't wait for the announcement. It's been awile since Premier made a coaster so I'm hopin for a good one. :)

raser
03-23-2003, 05:44 PM
I thought Premier only made coasters for Six Flags Parks. I guess you learn something new every day.:sun:

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Flight of Fear, Speed, and High Roller arent Six Flags. ;)

Air
03-28-2003, 01:25 PM
I don't like the idea of the mummy replacing King Kong; (np specific reason):mad: :)

robvia
03-31-2003, 08:17 PM
Bandwidth Exceeded.

Oh my. Could the interest in IOA be coming back?

Not that they've had any problem with attendence. No No, the figures are steadly ridising while Disney is having problems during these troubling times.

The locals come out to IOA and SWF because of the specials. Disney doesn't know better.

It's just amaing to see the buzz pick up over USF/IOA.

Why? Because they've got a big thrill ride coming in 2004.

Bring it on.

Skye
04-03-2003, 05:12 PM
what hapened to the apollo13 themed coaster, or is this it? Am i thinking of a different park? Has anyone got pics before they put the building up?

THECHILLER
04-03-2003, 06:18 PM
From what I've heard, the Apollo 13 themed ride is to put between Back to the Future and MIB, as this new Mummy coaster will take the place of Kong and reside in it's building. I also hope they utilize lapbars.

I hope this new attraction is as thrilling as their FoF clones and not end up something like X: No Way Out.

Knoxville
04-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Do we know if it'll be a spaghetti bowl or not? Knowing Premier it probably will, but I think it's supposed to have some special features and a surprising ending.

coasetrphil
04-03-2003, 07:51 PM
If the new ride is as good as Flight of Fear and they add great theming this will be a great coaster. It would be a top 20 ride for me.

Knoxville
05-16-2003, 10:41 PM
There hasn't been much talk in this thread for a while so I thought I'd revive it. The announcement of the Mummy should be soon. A strange thing is that Screamscape says that "one massive 16 passenger car will be used instead of a train." That sounds weird to me because how would the train bend for turns or inversions? Screamscape also says it will use LIM propulsion which isn't a surprise for a Premier ride.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.html

G-Farce
05-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Maybe there will be a huge head (Tuttenkamen style) coming out of the roof and a bigg jumbo tophat following it around...na probably not.

I could see the cars looking comething like the Spider-man cars or S:UE cars....but then it wouldn't be able to pull near as many inversions as a normal premier LIM coaster. Mybe it will be more of a family launcher like California Screamin???

RCTfan
05-18-2003, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Flight of Fear clone. I think there are a total of 4 Flight of Fear-esque rides out there, and probably more that I'm unsure of.

Like the enterance of FoF, they'll just have to enter tomb probably. But, I hope for something different, eventhough it'll be awhile before I get a chance to ride it.

Skye
05-19-2003, 07:35 PM
theres 5 i think - one in japan, two FoF's, polergeist and jokers jinx.

SFOGFAN
06-01-2003, 08:08 PM
the Mummy ride is definetly gonna be something special, cant wait till its done. So far universal is my favorite chain, wonder if it will change after the upcoming sunday. [cp yey!]
I loved spiderman at IOA (especially cuz half the times i rode it which is bout 4 times, they gave us another ride with minor breaks, and on one big one they gave us walkon passes to other rides)and hopefully mummy will beat it.