PDA

View Full Version : Allah loves you..

Halation
06-11-2001, 10:23 AM
Do you love Allah?

Jim Payne
06-11-2001, 10:29 AM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-11 10:23, Halation wrote:
<BR>Do you love Allah?
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>No, not really.

Halation
06-11-2001, 10:33 AM
Oh now, Jim, YOU DON'T LOVE GOD? Come on now.

Anaconda
06-11-2001, 11:15 AM
I love God as I know him to be, and I don't know him to be Allah, so no, I don't love Allah.
<BR>
<BR>This is also a good thread for a flame war to start.

Halation
06-11-2001, 11:40 AM
O.K. serpent boy, say your Mom (who I assume you love) is named Judy. One of her friends calls her JuJu or something. Do you not love JuJu because she is called something different by someone else?

Skyboss
06-11-2001, 11:43 AM
Halation... I think you name should be "Inhalation" because you've been smoking too much.

Anaconda
06-11-2001, 11:46 AM
Ok Halation, first of all my name isn't Anaconda because I like snakes, its the name of my first roller coaster that went upside down, but its entirely different with moms than with God and Faith. I know God to be who He is b/c of the Bible, and I don't see Him being called Allah in the Bible, so therefore, I don't love Allah.

Halation
06-11-2001, 12:58 PM
Serpent Boy, Serpent Boy, you are an ignorant little fool. You know what? There are other languages in this world besides English! "Jesus" was not called "Jesus" by the people who wrote the bible. Neither was God.
<BR>
<BR> About your name, well it seems to me with every utterance you are praising something other than Jesus.

Anaconda
06-11-2001, 01:54 PM
I know there are other laungauges in this world, Inhalation, but God isn't called Allah by any of them except in Arabic, which the Arabs also have their own religion. God can also be called Yaway (sp?) in Hebrew, and I'm sure there are also a lot of other names for different laungauages (sp?). I know English isn't called English in French, I know French isn't called French in French, I know Spanish and German isn't called Spanish and German in French.

Halation
06-11-2001, 03:02 PM
YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!

B&MAaron
06-11-2001, 05:47 PM
First off its Adon-i in Hebrew (dont want to use the name fully because its disrespectful)
<BR>
<BR>Second, Allah is differnt than the God you know. He might not like just because your name or someother weird thing and he wants you to get on your knees and bow your head to him. The Islamic God is differnt than the one you know. People will think you are Muslium if you use Allah. And if you are American most Musluims will hate you and want you dead before they know you. Sorry, if I sound a bit sterotypic, but from the some of the musliums i know and have seen they are like this.

Amy
06-11-2001, 06:17 PM
I personally love the God that I worship, being Christian, but I'm sure if I were a Muslim I would love Allah.

DrachenFire96
06-11-2001, 06:37 PM
To clear up some simple points. The Jewish God is the Same as the Christian God, and the Christian God is the same as Allah, the Muslim God. Why? Because each of these religions stemmed from the original....Jewish. The Islamic religion stemmed from the last known Prophet, Muhammed. And Muslims don't hate Americans per se, I mean have you even been over seas? They are highly tolerant of both Christians and Jews, just don't expect to be taken into one of their Masques if you are either, they are reserved for Muslims. Muslims are highly tolerant and accepting of Christians and Jews because unlike Jews who don't accept Christ as legit (i.e. Jews not believing in New Testament) Muslims see how their beliefs were rooted in Christianity and Judaism.
<BR>
<BR>And before you flame me, try spending several years studying religions at the University level, and perhaps you need to invest in a trip overseas and discover for yourself. Might I also suggest studying a little intercultural communication too. Don't start flame wars over ignorance or extreme views from your own religion.
<BR>
<BR>The sad thing is, I don't see many Muslims making posts, simply Christians and Jews making new posts only to start controversy.

VorTeX
06-11-2001, 06:47 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-11 18:37, DrachenFire96 wrote:
<BR> Muslims are highly tolerant and accepting of Christians and Jews because unlike Jews who don't accept Christ as legit (i.e. Jews not believing in New Testament)
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>i.e. Jews not believing some extremist faction of their own religion lead by a martyr to hold the answers
<BR>
<BR>Seriously... I mean that's like saying scientists are intolerant for not beliving in people w/ crackpot cold fusion theories.
<BR>
<BR>EDIT: Actually, I see you may have been trying to say about the same thing... my bad for overreacting
<BR>
<BR><!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>Muslims see how their beliefs were rooted in Christianity and Judaism.
<BR>
<BR>How does that apply to earlier statement about Jews? They are not in any ways rooted in Christianity. Christianity is merely a branch off of Judaism.
<BR>
<BR>EDIT: Me having Halation syndrome again... sorry
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>VorTeX
<BR>Cedar Point Season Pass Holder
<BR>
<BR>I believe in life BEFORE death.
<BR>
<BR>Got Questions?
<BR><!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.fallentree.org" target="_blank">http://www.fallentree.org</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end -->
<BR>
<BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VorTeX on 2001-06-11 19:26 ]</font><BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VorTeX on 2001-06-11 19:27 ]</font>

ChronoTrigger
06-11-2001, 07:24 PM
People, people, people. Hello flame war. Doesn't it always seem like these topics end with religion wars? I've totally seen enough.