PDA

View Full Version : Vild Svinet (95-degree drop) is done!

Chip
04-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Vild Svinet, BonBon-Land's (ewwwww) newest roller coaster's track was completed. Check out the Web site (http://geocities.com/vildsvin3/) with some pictures. That first drop looks pretty cool. The track looks a little funny for something with that drop, a loop, and Stengel dive, but that's just me. Cool stuff!

coasetrphil
04-11-2003, 09:07 PM
The track looks like it belongs on a kiddie coaster. It should be quite an experience though.

ride6
04-11-2003, 09:27 PM
It otta' be really cool. That's one of the most antisipated coaster of 2003 and for good reason. Looks really cool. I dought I'll ever get to ride it though....

Knoxville
04-11-2003, 10:22 PM
That looks pretty cool. The track does look weird though. I hope the US gets an over 90 degree drop soon

Dr.Bruce Banner
04-12-2003, 01:06 AM
Track almost looks like an Intamin kiddie track. Ride looks fun, none the less!

Cid
04-12-2003, 01:09 AM
eh, it doesn't look to terribly exciting to me. as far as steep drops go i wanna see a 180 degree drop. come on stan! find a park that wants one!

birdie311
04-12-2003, 01:19 AM
What do the trains look like?

coasterlove
04-12-2003, 01:50 AM
The drop looks cool, I'm not sure if I would like the 180 degree drop on the S&S coaster, but I'd of course be willing to try. The loop looks even more strange with that track. It looks as if the track wouldn't be able to support the weight and the G forces of doing a loop, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

RaptorXLC
04-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Hold on a second. Isn't a 180 degree drop horizontal. It wouldn't gain any speed.

satanhanx
04-12-2003, 10:34 AM
yes, 180 degrees would be horizontal. the idea of doing a drop over 110 degrees doesn't make much sense.

Skye
04-12-2003, 10:40 AM
this has been rumoured for years. why weren't there any construction pictures? I thought it was just a planned coaster that kept getting delayed and would never be built.... Any better pics of the whole layout?

ride6
04-12-2003, 11:30 AM
To answer RaptorXLCs question it would be horisontal but it would gain speed because it would just drop all the way over untill you're inverted. It's wierd and I don't really know if I'd like it. I'd try it of course. I think a 95 degree drop would be great esspecially with a train in the back (airtime city).

Matt M
04-12-2003, 11:40 AM
This ride is ugly as crap. I hope it isn't rough as crap

SFGadvKing
04-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by RaptorXLC
Hold on a second. Isn't a 180 degree drop horizontal. It wouldn't gain any speed.

ther are talking about this S&S coaster:

RCT loser
04-12-2003, 03:03 PM
umm... you know that the layout for Vild Svinet is designed by Gerstlauer, right? Given their trains, and their lack of layout experience, and how this ride looks more painful than most TOGO's... Ouch.

Byron
04-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Gerstlauer is good at everything besides Woodie trains, so it should be pretty good.

RaptorXLC
04-12-2003, 07:44 PM
It looks very interesting. I wonder why other companies don't use a similar type of track. It seems to be made of less steel, so it's probably less expensive. It obviously is enough support.

ride6
04-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Ya' but the struture probably has to be built REAL tough to take the loads out of the track. Intamin uses it too, just look at S-ROS @ SFDL or SFA or even Colossos @ Thorp park. That last one looks like some RCT mini coaster track gone NUTS! it's really funny.

coasterlove
04-13-2003, 01:22 AM
One thing I noticed is that it uses trains that only hold 4 rows of 2 for a total of 8 people, this would obviously keep the weigth down and also wouldn't have to worry about high G's multiplying the weight as much since the weight is so small by comparison.

Frank
04-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by birdie311
What do the trains look like?

http://www.themeparkvision.net/Pics/Bobbejaanland/Gerstlauer%20train.jpg

You can find a promotion video of the ride here (http://frank.drnk.net/coastin/files). Just something I made myself, not really spectacular, but it should give you a general idea of how the ride should work.

Gerstlauer is very good at making steel coaster, and their sledge coaster (sort-of mouses) are extremely smooth. If the x95 at BonBon-Land is succesfull, a second will open at Bobbejaanland in 2004. :cool:

Mod edit: Leeched image replaced with URL.

Alex T
04-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Very interesting. The track doesn't look like it belongs on the type of ride it is on, but oh well. The ride does look pretty fun though. I like the Stengel Dive and loop, along with that drop. When it opens, hopefully we'll be able to find out how good of a ride it is.

Frank
04-13-2003, 10:32 AM
One slight technicality. That is not a real Stengel Dive. It is merely a 90 degree banked corner. :)

coaster9freak
04-13-2003, 02:47 PM
By looking at a picture of Goliath and Vild Svinet's Stengel dives they look pretty much the same.

Chip
04-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Frank

You can find a promotion video of the ride here (http://frank.drnk.net/coastin/files). Just something I made myself, not really spectacular, but it should give you a general idea of how the ride should work.
How about giving Ole Lang's No Limits some credit for the video? If you didn't know, that rendering of the ride is a No Limits file. ;)

Frank
04-14-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Chip
How about giving Ole Lang's No Limits some credit for the video? If you didn't know, that rendering of the ride is a No Limits file. ;)

I know that's a rendering of a NoLimits file because I rendered it myself. The reason I don't give credit to NoLimits is because it is commercial software. I didn't give credit to my video editing program, my FTP program, my capturing program, my music editing program, and so on. You don't have to credit commercial software, so I don't.

FYI: The NoLimits development team is aware of this video, and has stated they do not mind the fact that NoLimits hasn't been given credit.

The so-called Stengel Dive in this x95 is only banked at 90 degrees, the one at Goliath (SFH) is banked at 135 degrees (might be off by a few degrees). That makes a huge difference. :)

RiFT
04-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Oooh Chip, Frank just laid the smacketh down on you.

Anyway, the ride looks neat.

Alon
04-14-2003, 01:12 PM
I wounder how much it differ from 90 dgrees fall and how does it felt the second the train over the 90 degress , it should give some new kind of air time .

Jhcbiinoc
05-01-2003, 12:16 AM
I think this ride fits BonBon Land to a tee-it's as odd looking as most of the other attractions in this quirky little park. The first time I ever saw the park's website, I seriously thought it was a parody or a joke, and I sent the link to both enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts and they could not stop laughing. They have since updated the site but they used to have these hilarious stories about the characters in the park and the way the site was worded was a scream.

Skye
05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
like what?

Michael C
05-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by coasterlove
One thing I noticed is that it uses trains that only hold 4 rows of 2 for a total of 8 people, this would obviously keep the weigth down and also wouldn't have to worry about high G's multiplying the weight as much since the weight is so small by comparison.

Actually it the other way arount. 2 rows of 4 very compact trains. the coaster is also quoting a 1600 capacity. which is very impresive.

I would realy like to see one of this in the us. with it short hight. it can fit into really any park.

SFMM DUDE
05-01-2003, 11:18 PM
maybe the next boomerang?

Michael C
05-02-2003, 12:53 AM
No this arn't going to ge through in all over the place. this isn't a factory model like boomerange was. also the company dosn't have th emeans to start makign that many that fast to have that hapon.

Goliath
05-02-2003, 01:20 PM
Thats an awesome looking coaster. The track looks dumb though like you siad, for that kind of coaster.

Michael C
05-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Ya i have to agree the track dose look a littel toy like. bu twhat can you do. if it's safe why shoudl the company sped more money making biger track.

Matt M
05-03-2003, 12:18 PM
When is it going to open?

G-Farce
05-03-2003, 12:51 PM
That NoLimits vid makes me think B&M should make em instead...nah.

condor27
05-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by coasterkidmwm
This ride is ugly as crap. I hope it isn't rough as crap

Well, it's name is not pretty either. Hehe.......

Michael C
05-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by G-Farce
That NoLimits vid makes me think B&M should make em instead...nah.

This is Bonbon land what do you expect. They have a coaster that you ride under a dog that looks like its going to pee on you. One of their mascots names ins like Brenda boobs.(itís a cow).

Byron
05-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Chip

Have you seen the one on BonBon-Land's website?

Skye
05-08-2003, 02:20 PM
what happened to the tilt coaster? am i thinking of somewhere else? Anyway the drop dosn't look very big. oblivion is only 90ft above ground but drops 160ft so the vertical bit is bigger

BiCoastal Kid
05-08-2003, 04:39 PM
I dont care what anybody says about it looking unsafe or ugly or anything, I think that thing is gonna be awesome! :eek:

radioactiveduck
05-08-2003, 09:35 PM
What are the specs going to be on that ride? It doesn't look that tall, which could make the drop very uncomfortable with little room for transitions.

BiCoastal Kid
05-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it does look kinda small but theres that invert thats really small and its transitions are pretty smooth so Ive heard so I dont think we should talk before we heres ome reviews.

LoCoSuMo
07-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Has any of our overseas friends ridden this yet? What's it like?

Calvin
07-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Mmmm, Bon bons....gahhhhh....
Looks very cool. I like the drop and all the twisted turns.

stef1987
07-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Foto's from Vild Svinet --> http://www.coastersandmore.de/Rides/vildsvinet/vildsvinetmain.shtml

coasetrphil
07-24-2003, 04:23 PM
It looks really cool in those pics.

sfog_isthebest
07-24-2003, 06:28 PM
http://rcdb.com/installationgallery2163.htm rcdb pics... construction pics..

this thing looks pretty fun.

sfog_isthebest
07-24-2003, 06:34 PM
also, the coasters and more site says its a stengel dive.... kewl

bk1870
07-24-2003, 06:38 PM
It looks awesome! It is just a simple track/support design and now days that looks weird compared to all of these complex designs! Anywho, I think it would be awesome to ride! A vertical drop (well, 95 degrees) and a loop and a lot of twist and turns! Looks awesome! :)

slipknot8527
07-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Those pics do it justice...whats with the freaky two tone paint job?

Calvin
07-24-2003, 09:01 PM
The simplicity of the whole thing really does it justice. A refreshing look upon coasterdom.

BimmerZ3
07-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Really slipknot, what the hell is up with that? Not cool at all. The drop looks so weird since it's so small, but I guess with a two row train it doesn't really make much of a difference since you don't have to make the curve really really slowly. I still don't think that "Stengel Dive" goes past parallel though.

coasterguy1
07-24-2003, 10:21 PM
It probably doesnt. But the ride still looks cool, and so does that element. I'd like to ride it.

Knatte
07-25-2003, 06:05 AM
I rode Vild Svinet together with ECC club members last week during our Coolest (Hottest) Coaster Tour.
So how was the ride like, first it has the same kind of theming like other rides in the park, for example famous car logos that's been slightly changed to fit the BonBon theme. The cars are looking good and the seats are very comfortable. So then the ride begin, the lifthill is straight up, which is kind of a weird feeling to see the world in a different angle when looking to left or right. The first drop is just awesome and you do feel the difference between a 90 degree drop and a 97 (yes 97) degrees. The airtime is great, but soon after 2 seconds or so you have to straighten up for the stengel dive. The rest of the layout is pretty much standard with some touch of Schwarzkopf.
Vild Svinet are using magnetic brakes so they have some problems with the midcourse brakerun. It always slows down the car as the magnets are fixed. But Gerstlauer and the park are looking for some solutions so the car can run through the brakerun without slowing down.
The ride is short but that's something you don't think about because this park is for families with younger kids!
BonBon Land by the way is a very special park that I think everyone has to visit sometime if they're somewhere near the park. So not to be missed if you're in Denmark!

radioactiveduck
07-28-2003, 02:33 AM
Does anyone have specs for in in American units?

Knatte
07-28-2003, 08:33 AM
http://www.rcdb.com/quicksearch.htm?quicksearch=vildsvinet

BimmerZ3
07-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Good call Knatte.

About http://www.coastersandmore.de/Rides...vinetmain.shtml those pics, now I truely believe that that is a kidde coaster loaded with steroids. It's such a small foot print. So tiny. And that is also the first picture I've seen that actually looks like the stengel dive is past 90 degrees.

NWcoaster-rider
07-29-2003, 01:59 AM
^Is a post-mongering SOB

Whoops, wrong thread

The thing is seriously on drugs, it looks like the coasters I used to want to design on RCT but couldn't because gravity and the game wouldn't allow. It looks like a person with no logic about how coasters or logic works created a coaster and it somehow worked. A modern marvel, lol