PDA

View Full Version : I'm new too

Kelly107
05-22-2003, 07:09 PM
I came across this website today and read a few posts and it seemed pretty interesting. Since I've become minorly obsessed with roller coasters, its nice to see I am not alone!
I read in one of the posts that you have to post 50 to 100 times to set up your roller coaster and park count. Is this true? I would love to have an actual tally of how many roller coasters I've ridden...

Well good luck to everyone, there is some interesting stuff on this site. I'm going to look around.

Chip
05-22-2003, 08:00 PM
You don't have to post a number of posts to set up your coaster and park count. Go here (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/index.php?page=FAQ/coastercountFAQ) to see how to add your coaster and park count. I think there is an error in it now, so you might want to post any problems you have in this forum (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=10). Don't forget to read the Terms of Service (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/index.php?page=tos#boards).

I hope you enjoy your stay at ThrillNetwork! I'm sure you'll learn a lot about roller coasters and amusement parks.

Kelly107
05-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks, I've got this halfway figured out now... I appreciate it :)

Raptor
05-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey, welcome to Thrillnetwork! Its always nice to see girl members in a forum thats 95% male.

Cuddy
05-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah...bring more of your female friends here!!

There is no adjective to add to obsessed...just admit that those who post here, yourself included, are all obsessed with coasters. And the occasional distractions, kinda like that voice in my head.

But other than that.....

Welcome!!

coasetrphil
05-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Anything else you'd like to add about yourself. It is nice to learn more about the new members.

Congratulations on becoming one of us. ;)

Leyna
05-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome. Glad to have ya. We all share coaster addiction here so make yourself at home.

kjm3388
06-14-2003, 08:49 PM
This person is awesome! Going to Cedar Point same day as me. Can i go skydiving with you, please :).

leeloo1953
06-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Welcome, if you love coasters, you'll have fun. If you have a great sense of humor, you'll be here forever!! Alot of really nice people here!

intamin101
06-16-2003, 08:30 PM
If minorly was a word, it would be an adverb.

leeloo1953
06-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Kelly107, see what I mean about a sense humor??

intamin101
06-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Oh, and a tip, don't take things the wrong way. Some of us are incredibly sarcastic.

benn981
06-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi

Lancelot
06-18-2003, 02:54 PM
wad up benn? intamin101 is right, there's a lot of sarcasm running loose on this site, so think twice before you get ticked off.

coasetrphil
06-20-2003, 11:14 PM
The sarcasm thing is definitely something to watch out for. We are able to come up with some good ones here. Especially watch out for RiFT and Kraken, those two do it the most.

Cuddy
06-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Sarcasm?? Here?? Never!

Add coasetrphil to that list too since he doesn't know how to spell COASTER!!

I guess you should add me to that list.

Kelly107
06-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Hey Intamin, I can't believe I've gone through 24 years of life without someone correcting me on "minorly". I looked at that post and said to myself "It SO is a word", looked it up and sure enough you are right. Hell, I'm not an english major, and I live in NYC, I'm bound to make mistakes in grammar.
As for sarcasm, I'm used to it. I grew up as the only girl in my family that wasn't married into the fam, I get it all of the time.

CoasterPhil asked me to add some things about myself.
I am a big adrenaline junky and get my fix in many ways besides roller coasters, though roller coasters are my favorite. I've gone skydiving, bungee jumping and done the sky coaster thing. I used to ski in the winter but I broke my pelvis sledding a few years back and am a big wuss on the snow these days. I play paintball about 3 times a year with my older brother and his cop friends. There is no rush better then catching a bunch of cops in a bunker. I think its even better because I am a girl and they have serious fits when I best them at their own game. I boxed competively when I was younger but vanity kicked in when I was about 17 and I decided I'd rather not have the flat nose of a boxer.
I am a big pro football fan, the NY Jets are my team. However I can watch any football game during the season and am pretty knowledgable when it comes to the game. I am the winner of the local bar's Survival pool 3 years running. I get mucho respect when it comes to football because of it.
I like baseball too, maybe not as much. I am a Met fan and its not easy being a Met fan in Yankee territory. I HATE the Yankees, truly and deeply. I was kicked out of my boyfriend's house by his parents and brother last year when the Yankee's were playing the Angels if that gives you guys any idea how much I hate the Yankees.
I like to play golf, although I can't drive the ball for my life. I can putt though and once I shot a 71. It was the greatest day of my life so far.
As you guys can probably tell, I'm not a priss but I get my girl on often enough. I mean I love small children, cry during sad movies and get a kick out of primping for a night out.

SFGadvKing
06-23-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by benn981
Hi

HOLY $#!% HELLO BEN!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: i didnt check yet but if you didnt, post a picture of yourself in the topic in general talk. we always like to see what the girls here look like:D :D

Calvin
06-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey, I hope you have a blast at CP, that's a great place.
Anyway... yeah, they're right, lotsa sarcasm here. Don't take things too seriously, unless it's a very serious subject (;) ). Don't insult Kraken, whatever you do, unless you want everyone on the boards to rip off your head and ******* down your neck. Unfortunately, I seemed to have learned this the hard way. Also: Tobster1 has a tendancy to disagree with everyone (again: ;) ), so just ignore him.;) ;) ;)

SFGadvKing
06-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Calvin
Don't insult Kraken, whatever you do, unless you want everyone on the boards to rip off your head and ******* down your neck. Unfortunately, I seemed to have learned this the hard way.

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24525&highlight=kraken (last post on page 1)

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23858&highlight=kraken (second post in the topic)

there were some more but i think they all got deleted. my point is that you can be as mean to kraken as you want. he has no feelings

Calvin
06-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Ha ha ha... he called Tobster Mr Bojangles. He really is funny. Ha ha ha..