PDA

View Full Version : Post Coaster Keeper bug/suggestions Here

Leyna
06-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone,

Alex was kind enough to set up this space so that we can share feedback about the coaster keeper software in development. If you have downloaded the software, please feel free to share any thoughts/questions/and concerns here. I'll address them and hopefully you'll see the changes in a future version of coaster keeper.

Thanks for your help!

Steven
06-06-2003, 03:52 PM
As a suggestion, you might want to split the bug and suggestions into separate threads. As a developer and consultant, it makes a lot of difference for both users and yourself when it comes to bug tracking and feature requests.

coasetrphil
06-06-2003, 08:54 PM
I installed it and one file had a problem installing and I got a warning. It worked fine though so I don't know what exactly the problem was.

I just got a runtime error as well. It happened when I was trying to update a coaster's stats after I had already saved it. It shut down the program.

Sir Willow
06-06-2003, 09:46 PM
copying this from the other thread to make sure that you see it, and that it's in the right place. :-)

Installer seemed to work ok, with the following problems:

These files were old- I had newer versions of them on my computer that the installer caught:
msjtes40.dll
msrepl40.dll
msrd2x40.dll
expsrv.dll
msjet40.dll

Also, it had an error registering the file msado25.tlb with an abort, retry, ignore. Finally had to ignore it, then got a successful install message.

Program seemed to run ok. Drop down menus were very easy to use, and I was able to add a couple of parks and coasters easy enough. However, when I attempted to access my personal records and selected a park, I got a runtime error '-2147467259 (80004005)'- the directory c:/documents and settings/rossil/etc.../ coasters.mdb is not a valid path. I'm guessing that would be the directory for the login on the computer that it was created on. But it was enough to crash out the program.

Looks like it's going to be intriguing. Should be fun to see how it develops. One other suggestion, if this is possible- after you've selected the park and it makes the menu of the coasters in that park available, it would be wonderful to be able to select multiple coasters from that list at once. Very nice for those parks like CP or SFMM that have a lot of them. But I really like being able to add in parks and coasters myself to. Means that I can add in for those that no one else lists- like the traveling coasters, a couple that are defunct, and multi-tracked coasters.

TITANium Alloy
06-11-2003, 12:55 PM
I downloaded it and when I went to install it, it asked for a cd.

Leyna
06-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Hello everyone. Time for an update. I know that I was **supposed** to post the most recent version of CoasterKeeper this past friday. Well, when I was testing it I found some MAJOR bugs. I have since fixed them so I hope to have the newest version ready for download within the next few days. I'll let you know when it's ready.

TITANium Alloy
06-19-2003, 01:24 PM
It doesn't really matter since I can't get it to work anyways.