PDA

View Full Version : Me.

Skeeber
06-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Wow, I just realized I never posted one of these things...

I came here way back in the day, when it was a thrillride messageboard, soon after my strong interest in coasters began. I was always into coasters, but a trip I took with my school in the 9th grade (four years ago now) to Cedar Point pushed me over the edge into the nutcase category. The ride that did it? Millennium Force. It was the week that it opened, and the energy I felt in that lineup was just awesome. I got seat 1-4 by the luck of the draw, and I knew as I was barreling down that first drop that I was hooked completely.

Then in the winter of 2002, I applied for a job at my home park of Canada's Wonderland (halfheartedly, I admit; I applied on the website).
I ended up getting a job as a ride op, and I loved every single minute operating Vortex and Shockwave. I met so many new friends, new people, and had so many new experiences.

I had so much fun, that I returned this year as a lead, on Whitewater Canyon and Timberwolf falls. So if you come to the park, stop by and say hi, I'll be around somewhere.

Besides coasters, I'm into cars, music, concerts, travelling, film making, photography, probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting.

So yeah, that's me.
Also, I'll be visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Paramount King's Dominion, and Cedar Point this season, with possible stops at King's Island and Darien Lake, if anyone is interested in saying hi or anything.

coasetrphil
06-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Did you want to be lead on those rides or would rather have stayed on a rollercoaster.

Skeeber
06-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Difficult question. The reasons they moved me are valid, they wanted to challenge me (Whitewater is the hardest ride in the park to operate), and they wanted to improve the crew from last year.

I loved my rides last year, and I still love 'em. But a lot of my really good friends are on that crew, and had I stayed there, I would have had to discipline friends of mine. Now maybe later on I will be able to do thatwith no problems, but as a brand new lead that added pressure wouldn't help anything.