PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Freeze Lap Bars/Boss

SFSL-Dog
06-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Is Mr. Freeze a lot more thrilling and scarier with lap bars now. Also how is The Boss running now, I heard that they were putting footers around it to smoothe it out.:)

coasterguy1
06-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Mr Freeze is alot better with Lapbars. HAvent been on either, but i've heard reports from people that have been on the retro-fitted Mr Freeze at SFoT. No idea how the boss is running, although i dont know how putting footers around it would smooth it out...

coasetrphil
06-13-2003, 09:38 PM
It might keep the shaking down a little, but other than that I wouldn't know how it would help.

The Boss looks like it has a great layout so it would be great if it was smoother.

SFSL-Dog
06-13-2003, 11:59 PM
What I heard about The Boss was a rumor but if anyone is going to SFSL check it out. :cool:

SFSL-Dog
06-14-2003, 12:03 AM
I think that adding bents on The Boss would actually help it because look @ Shivering Timbers and all the bents that it has.

Carowinds 73-03
06-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Any looping coaster with only lapbars is way exciting and pretty scary but i love the idea alot, but can't say if it improved the ride any, i never got to ride when they had the other restraints, i guess the had over the sholder ones.

BimmerZ3
06-14-2003, 11:00 AM
I love looping coasters with lap bars, so this is probably definately A LOT better. I've been riding Mindbender at SFOG my whole life with lapbars only, and it is truely amazing. BTW, kudos to SF for keeping lap bars since a lot of other Schwarzkopfs have been getting OTSRs.

S&S2005
06-14-2003, 11:20 AM
That's true, Premier are against OSTRs; if they manufacture any more coasters they must attach Lapbars instead of OSTRs. With OSTRs, not thrilling; with Lapbars, more thrilling. That's why they've been replaced. Boss, I'm not sure they added more footers or wood to make it a little more supported and slightly smooth out the roughness?

coasetrphil
06-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Premier isn't against OSTRs, they just can't have them on most of their coasters because of the headbanging.

Owl__1
06-16-2003, 11:39 PM
Mr. Freeze with the lap bars is a much improved ride. Of course it's not just a lap bar, there is also a pad that covers your ankels attached to the lap bar shaft, so you're held in very solid. The freedom of your upper body during the ride is much more confortable and really increases the thrill.

As for the Boss, I don't know what they did (if anything) but it does seem to be a bit smoother this year. It's still fast, but it doesn't seem to jar everything loose like it did last year.

And just in case anyone is wondering about the new ride (Excaliber), don't bother. Not fun, just makes you dizzy and it's broke down alot.

James
06-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Owl__1
And just in case anyone is wondering about the new ride (Excaliber), don't bother. Not fun, just makes you dizzy and it's broke down alot.
LOL!...who didnt see that comeing?...SFGADV!