PDA

View Full Version : CedarPoint_Mark---can you guess my big secret?

Cuddy
07-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes, the one and only, often loved and hated, recently stalked is now here to introduce himself.

A warm August morning back in 1977 a young woman gave birth to a healthy 6lb 13 oz baby boy. LIttle did she know that 25 years alter, this first child would be a fan of coasters, WWE, NTN and be the first family member to bowl a 300. I would have to say that my love for coasters began with the building of Millennium Force, though it took me until I was 15 to finally hit Magnum and Mean Streak. I have been a fan and member of NTN for 2+ years now, accumulating almost 1.5 million player plus points. SO before you think I post too much here, I think I play too much NTN as well.

My first love was bowling. PIcked up the paper around 5 yrs old wanting something to be on TV interesting to hold my attention on a Saturday afternoon. Bowling was on? I was hooked. Every Saturday afternoon at 3pm for the next 17 years, I was camped out in front of that TV watching underrated pros compete for money. I saw even the best bowlers through two gutters in a row on national TV (Marshall Holman). I saw numerous 300s bowled on TV (Johnny Petraglia, Pete McCordic, Mike Aulby, MIke Miller, Parker Bohn III and Steve Hoskins). I saw the 7-10 split picked up (John Mazza). During this time I was also bowling and saw my average increase every year. From my high game at 7 yrs old with a 128, to shooting my first 200 at age 13 to my first 300 in 1997 and my first sanctioned 300 in 1998. How many balls do I own? A few.

Little about me, I went through catholic school from preschool to and through highschool. I went to Kent State for 5 years, but quit due to lack of money. Though I did see a basketball team rise up from shambles and have the impressive Elite 8 run, plus i made it to nearly every home game last year, missing just two. I keep up with the football team, though they suck, but would rather cheer them on than the team in Columbus. I was also a member of the KSU Bowling team as we traveled to different tournaments with the marquee tourney being in St. Louis over the Thanksgiving holiday.

About my avatars...since the 3000 posts, I only post avatars I truly believe in. Hence the Michigan logo for all you OSU fans, the anti-LBJ logo for all you "new" Cav fans, and now the current one I have now. Come football and basketball season, they will probably rotate between Michigan and Kent State. Also watch the sig for KSU and OSU football record updates as well as KSU Basketball records and updates.

So all in all, that is me. Think what you like. And if coasetrphil is the first to respond...then the stalker lives true to his word.

slipknot8527
07-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Im guessing the shaved one...and does this mean your face? *rimshot*

Cuddy
07-06-2003, 06:36 PM
This would mean my face...unless you refer to my hairy ass or back. And to all or one or none that care, I have three pictures in the coasterforum member pics thread.

coasetrphil
07-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Damnit! I didn't get to this before slipknot. I don't know which is not true, so I must not be doing to great of a stalking job.:)

slipknot8527
07-06-2003, 06:47 PM
I am the new king of Introduce yourself. I will be replying first to all queries...so accept it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or be destroyed...

coasetrphil
07-06-2003, 06:51 PM
No you are not! CP_M and I are always first to respond, so I'm the king, and he can be the queen ;). Before you try to make a joke about this, get your mind out of the gutter.:)

leeloo1953
07-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Stay alert guys!! One never knows when I might actually decide to "introduce" myself!! Could happen at anytime, we shall see then, who responds first! LOL!

But could be awhile, just want to keep you on your toes!!

coasetrphil
07-07-2003, 09:13 PM
leeloo, you know I would be the first one to respond.:) Just make sure you give me a heads up.;)

leeloo1953
07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Now, Coasterphil, that would be cheating!

Also CP_M, congrats on your 300 games, my husband has just one (sanctioned), but it took him alot more years to get it than it did you, and you have 2 of them. That's not an easy thing to do, you should be very proud. Again Congratulations!!

Cuddy
07-08-2003, 01:45 PM
The sanctioned one probably should not have happened. What was funny is that I wasn't thinking of showing up that day. The lanes we were bowling on had problem with the ball return that I had to work on earlier in the day (campus bowling alley). Anyhow, I showed up to bowl. Frames 1, 2 and 9 all featured a tripping of the 4-7. After frame eight, the league secretary (who is now one of my good friends) came up to me and said, "Don't forget this is sanctioned." His intention was to remind me that the previous year when I had my first one when the league wasn't sanctioned; not to add pressure to me. Oh Well. I get up in the 10th and trip the 5 pin on the first shot. I am told that the 11th was perfect. The 12th is the reason for much ribbing. I hit too high and had the 3-6 until something came from the back and knocked the 6 down into the 3 (sounds like a bad rap) and I had the 300. A few weeks later, my buddy Rob called me asking if I'd written the book on how to carry the 3-6. He replied that it was those two same pins that kept him from perfection...hehehe.

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

leeloo1953
07-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Hey, you thru the ball down the alley the way a bowler is suppose to. You didn't cheat, you didn't foul, the ball and the pins did their thing.

Do you think every golfer who ever got a hole in one, got it cuz they did everything perfect, no way!! They got that hole in one, cuz the wind caught the ball just the right way, or the ball took the perfect bounce, or it rolled exactly too fast or too slow!! Every good athlete starts with alot of talent, but they also acheive great things with a little bit of luck added in. So, don't ever say it shouldn't have happened!! It started with your talent and that little bit of added luck. So what I'm saying, is if the talent wasn't there in the first place, the little bit of luck would not have been enough. So be proud of those 300 games!!

And don't argue with me about that!!

LoCoSuMo
07-09-2003, 07:50 AM
Way to go on 300. This one kid at my center who's going to be a senior has already gotten two sanctiond with a couple in practice in just a few weeks. God I hate him so much...Anyway, my best is 298 (came up high last shot left the 4 7). It wasn't sanctioned but it was still on cross lane. You need a bowling avatar, I would suggest Walter Ray Williams.

coasetrphil
07-09-2003, 12:35 PM
I see you're plotting revenge on me. Why is that? All I want to do is stalk you. Is that a reason to get revenge on me?

Cuddy
07-10-2003, 01:21 AM
Actually Loco, Walter Ray is one of my favorites, along side Parker Bohn III, Brian Voss, Mark Roth, Marshall Holman. I'd have to say my game is molded after Steve Jaros. The one individual that should be kicked off the tour is Pete Weber. To act like an ass is one thing, but the way he does it is completely different and brings a bad image to the sport.

Coasetrphil, I just need to get the ___________ and the ____________ before I can start...

Diesel
07-26-2003, 10:33 AM
So what was the answer?

coasetrphil
07-26-2003, 10:35 AM
The not shaving one.

Cuddy
07-26-2003, 01:11 PM
I am surprised that no one voted for the first option.

I do drive a new black 2003 Saturn ION3.

Of those that have voted, half say I haven't shaved yet, the other half thinks its is something way off the mark.

Truth be told...

I turn 26 in less than a month and I have yet to place shaving cream and a razor to my face. I laugh in the face of those that have to do the same mundane task daily.

leeloo1953
07-27-2003, 01:08 PM
My husband is jealous, he hates shaving and has to do it everyday, if he doesn't, I'm always bugging him about it, cuz I personally do not like facial hair on a guy. You're a lucky guy CP_M!!

Steven
07-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Then I guess I better find someone who doesn't care either way. I like it either with, or without. I had a girlfriend once who criticized me about it. But, I've had others that didn't complain. Right now I really don't have a mustache or goatee (like I would for periods of time), but I really don't shave for days either.

Cuddy
07-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey leeloo, if you're free this coming weekend....

My dad started shaving about when he was 17 and can grow a beard if he so chooses, but one thing works against that, my mother. My brother is 19 and also has yet to shave. I think one of my cousins was in his 30s before he started shaving.

On a side note, I am going through NTN withdrawl. I haven't played in over a month.

coasetrphil
07-27-2003, 10:15 PM
I already have to shave a few times a week, and I'm only 14.

CoasterKid23
07-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Same story here, phil.