PDA

View Full Version : Final destination 3

CHRISCO
07-24-2003, 10:20 AM
I have been looking at alot of sites and they say the same thing about the plot!!!

"Final Destination 3" ribbing Disneyland?

The Bloody Disgusting website reports a rumour about the impending "Final Destination 3" saying "I have a pretty reliable contact in New Line and they told me that the big accident in the works for Final Destination 3 will involve an amusement park rollercoaster fiasco. Personally I think that it would be pure genius, thanks to Final Destination 2, everytime I see a log truck by me on the road, I get on the farthest lane from it and I put on my seat be". Sounds quite cool...quite cool indeed.

Hope its true....i wonder what coaster and park they would use.....

Carowinds 73-03
07-24-2003, 11:27 AM
Now that would be the perfect ending. That would make it better than the first 2. I really likeed 1 but 2 just blew my mind. I coulden't believe all the gross stuff the came up with. I can't wait to see more.

CHRISCO
07-24-2003, 11:37 AM
Maybe they will show someone a new character getting on the ride and the accident happening and then she freaks out in line and saves peoples lives....the 2 was really good and they ways they killed people were so gross....the car accident scene was really good

Carowinds 73-03
07-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Yeah, i'll give it to the creators and writers, they have some relly good ideas. I would love to see a coaster fly off the track and crash &burn. Not in real life just in the movie.

Calvin
07-24-2003, 04:00 PM
The creators had amazingly good ideas about gruesomely murdering people. The Plane Incedent *feels a tingle crawl up his spine* in the first movie was incredible, and the Car Accident in the second movie... ugh... The teacher died weirdly, like this:
1: Places cracked mug on computer.
2: Water drips through crack in mug, into computer.
3: Woman places towel on knife display.
4: Woman picks up the mug from the computer.
5: Computer screen explodes.
6: Piece of glass flies into woman's throat.
7: Woman struggles, pulls glass out of throat.
8: Heads for the towel on the knife rack.
9: Falls, laying on her back.
10: Reaches for towel, grabs it.
11: Tugs hard on towel, causing the knife rack to tip over,
12: Sending the knives down on her.
13: Woman dies.
Yeah, these movies pounded phobias into my mind.

coasetrphil
07-24-2003, 04:02 PM
^ That sounds digusting. I hate horror movies, they are just stupid.

CHRISCO
07-24-2003, 04:14 PM
YOUR FORGETin g a few part s like before #13 the chair falls and pushes the knife further....lol

slipknot8527
07-24-2003, 08:52 PM
I would have enjoyed 2 if my friend hadnt just died in a car accident earlier that week....I walked out in the first scene.....

BimmerZ3
07-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Were the first two good enough to make a third? This sounds like it could quickly become the next Halloween series. I never saw the first two though, maybe I should rent them.

Carowinds 73-03
07-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Oh man you missed some really good movies, really go rent them. heck go buy them.

coasetrphil
07-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by slipknot8527
I would have enjoyed 2 if my friend hadnt just died in a car accident earlier that week....I walked out in the first scene.....

Wow, that sucks.:(

jimmycoasterman
07-24-2003, 10:35 PM
I saw the second, haven't seen the first. A roller coaster "accident" sounds really good.

TopGun77
07-24-2003, 10:36 PM
With all due respect, shouldn't you have known what you were in for before entering the theatre?

Anyway, I loved both of the movies. Whereas the first one focused more on good dialogue and some nice philosophy to tell a story, with the creative death scenes set more in the background, the second settled on a lame, passable script which was nothing more than a rehash of the first movie. What made the second one so great was it's infinitely more clever and elaborate death scenes. As much as I loved the bus scene in 1, the glass scene in 2 dwarfs it.
I think there is definite potential for this series, each sequel bringing more creative and gruesome scenes for us freaks to relish in. If this rumoured WDW scene is done with as much flair as the highway crash scene in 2, I can see myself being actually scared on a roller coaster again, something which i haven't been in years.

slipknot8527
07-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Well, how would I have known thered be a horrific car crash where teenagers die?

Knoxville
07-24-2003, 11:29 PM
Well if there's a coaster accident I doubt it'll be at a Disney park because that wouldnt be good for their image. But a coaster accident would be cool. The Hulk scene in House on Haunted Hill is cool.

TopGun77
07-25-2003, 01:21 AM
Well, how would I have known thered be a horrific car crash where teenagers die?
Wasn't it revealed in the trailors/TV Spots?

Cuddy
07-25-2003, 02:20 AM
I don't recall seeing any tv spots for FD2, plus I have yet to rent/buy the video. The first one was decent. Did any survivors (besides Clear) come back for the second one? Maybe I'll rent it this weekend.

Calvin
07-25-2003, 01:30 PM
We don't want a coaster crash in Final Destination 3. That has "Ed Markey" written all over it. But it would be cool.

TopGun77
07-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by CedarPoint_Mark
I don't recall seeing any tv spots for FD2, plus I have yet to rent/buy the video. The first one was decent. Did any survivors (besides Clear) come back for the second one? Maybe I'll rent it this weekend.
Nope, we only see the others in pictures or hear them mentoined in dialogue. Ironically enough, Clear is the only character in the second one played by someone with any sort of acting talent.

Calvin
07-25-2003, 11:21 PM
I like how they lead you to a bunch of dead-ends, then shove it in your face. Especially how the teenager dies, you know, the one who gets laughing gas, then runs to the pigeons, frightens the crane-workers... yeah. Whoever has seen Final Destination 2, you know what I'm talking about. Yeek. Disgusting. Nasty. Sick. Gross. Cool!
CP_M: Clear does come back for the second movie. Things to look out for: Magnets on fridge, construction workers, man carrying plastic arms with hooks on the ends, pointy rocks on the ground, air bag, ciggarette, barbed wire fence. Lots of things! Eek. Phobia-city.

BimmerZ3
07-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Knoxville
Well if there's a coaster accident I doubt it'll be at a Disney park because that wouldnt be good for their image. But a coaster accident would be cool. The Hulk scene in House on Haunted Hill is cool. They could easily make it a made up park in the movie, and use some wooden roller coaster that's completely unrecognizable to the GP.

Calvin, a movie has nothing to do with Ed Markey's case. Movies are fake. If he sees a coaster crash in a movie, he's not going to think that the coaster in the movie is unsafe because it crashed in the movie.

Calvin
07-25-2003, 11:58 PM
I don't know about Ed Markey. He's pretty stupid.

TTDragster2K3
07-27-2003, 03:11 PM
I know what you could do. They are in the station for this the "DEATH" ride. Ed Markey (played by an actor) will be in line next for it because people have convinced him to try a coaster to change his belive. Someone has a premoniton of the horrific accident of cars flying off the track and restraints opening and people flying out of the seat and splatter onto the midway and cars exploding.

Then that character goes all crazy about it but still insist Ed Markey goes on. But this is just a suggestion. If they do a FD3 it will have a lot to live up to. Bigger and better deaths!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

SFGadvKing
07-27-2003, 06:56 PM
look at the FD2 message boards on IMDB.com

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0309593/board/nest/2400939 - tag lines

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0309593/board/nest/2387305 - some nice ideas!

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0309593/board/nest/2402658 - user made posters

sounds like this could be a really cool scene.

Coastr Crazy 72
07-28-2003, 01:28 PM
the 1st final destination movie was amazing. it is still in my top 5movies but the 2nd one just sucked. i dont know why i think that but maybe its because she is seeing too many premonitions or something. i mean dont get me wrong the deaths were off the hook and the highway scene was absolutely amazing but there was something that ruined the 2nd movie and i can't identify it.

both movies were good enough for them to make a 3rd. lets just hope that the director's budget is really high so they can make it absolutely incredible (graphics and special affects wise). i just hope that its more mind boggling and they put some new ideas into it or soemthing like maybe death is something other then what they thought and maybe something new will be revealed. i dont know but i think a roller coaster freak accident will sort of hit the media hard (give them wrong ideas and spread them) and i think ed markey will definitly love this movie then.

stevetothekizzo
07-28-2003, 02:38 PM
The plane crash in the first is the only reason FD 1 was any good. If you haven't seen the movie, the plane crash is unbelievable. I still think about it everytime I get on the plane. I want to see the second one because I've hear the car crash even better. It was nominated on MTV for best action sequence...not that this means anything.

TopGun77
07-28-2003, 06:38 PM
I think if they tried to get philosophical with the series they would just ruin it. They need to realize that these are strictly well-crafted and stylistic splatter movies.

Amy
07-28-2003, 09:32 PM
I love those movies. The freaky thing about the second one was that it took place in Stony Brook, New York, on Long Island. Well guess what movie theater I was sitting in when I saw the movie? Lowes in Stony Brook. I thought it was pretty funny.

me
07-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Okay I just rented Final destination 2 from Hollywood Video. You all said it was a good movie and for the most part it was, but that ending just made me cringe! It was a horrible way to end it! Why did they have add that tacky unecessary ending. The arm was WAY too much. Alright, done ranting.

TopGun77
07-29-2003, 09:35 PM
I thought the ending was hilarious. It received applause at the theatre when I saw it.

ACECoasterKing
07-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Same here, Great ending

Calvin
07-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Yeah, the ending was kind of like in the movie version of Stephen King's "Christine". The car is mashed into a block, and the lights turn on slightly. Rock and roll emanates from the steel cube. The girl says, "God, I hate rock and roll." The ending was very good. Hello trilogy.

TopGun77
07-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Screw trilogy, hello franchise!

Calvin
07-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Yahoo!

edh101985
07-16-2004, 10:10 PM
I was looking at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414982/ and I came across this website. http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/finaldestination3.php They have rumors about the plot being in an amusement park around a disastrous roller coaster ride. Something about them cheating death on it. It also said the movie may be in 3-D. The project got a green light, but I am very curious to know if they plan on using the amusement park plot. And the movie comes out 2006.

RaptorXLC
07-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Interesting. I loved the first two, so no matter what the plot is, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Skye
07-17-2004, 06:22 AM
it might only be a small part, at the begining of the film.

DEJA-VU RULES
07-17-2004, 01:17 PM
If they are going to use a roller coaster plot I think they should use MF at Cedar Point since it is one of the biggest roller coasters in the world. I think it would awesome if they were to use a roller coaster plot but there would be a bad side to using roller coasters as the plot. Since the news and media already talks about roller coaster deaths it would scare people even more than they already are. Then the only people that would ride them would be people like us but there would be a plus side to all of this all the roller coasters would have very short lines.:)

Rebel2000
07-17-2004, 03:21 PM
I think it would awesome if they were to use a roller coaster plot but there would be a bad side to using roller coasters as the plot. Since the news and media already talks about roller coaster deaths it would scare people even more than they already are. Then the only people that would ride them would be people like us but there would be a plus side to all of this all the roller coasters would have very short lines.:) I remember after the first movie came out, it scared ordinary people from flying. This was a plus since all the plane-flying enthusiasts had shorter lines to wait in. :)

Then after the second movie, it scared most people from driving. This was a plus for all the people who enjoy driving, since they had less traffic. :)

Hopefully, the same sequence will happen with this movie and roller coasters. :)

However, in real life, most people won't give a flying ******* since it's a freakin' movie. :rolleyes:

coaster_kid89
07-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Im a big fan of the FD movies. Robert dose have a good point, it could be about a cable cutting the people in two on ttd ;) But I have heard that CP dose not like filming in there park. But I still like the plot of the movie so far.

RaptorXLC
07-17-2004, 03:58 PM
I don't think there biggest problem would be filming in the park. They won't do it because they wouldn't want to show people dying on their rides at all, let alone, in a similar accident that actually happened in the park.

bk2004
07-17-2004, 04:03 PM
I love both of the FD movies and I hope that the 3rd one will come out when planned, and having a scene with a roller coaster in it will make it even better.

Though with it in 3-D might make it a little weird.

coasterlove
07-17-2004, 06:35 PM
I heard about this idea a while back, I heard the rumor in the forum section of Final Destination 2. I replied that it was stupid because someone said something about it crashing and blowing up. :rolleyes: whoever wrote that was an idiot.

As for the idea of having the deaths on a roller coaster, I don't know about. It might be interesting, but I would hope that it doesn't scare people too much. If anyone remembers the highway scene from part 2, just think what they would do with a coaster. The plane scene from the first and highway scene from the second didn't matter because people sometimes have to fly and everybody has to get in a car sometimes. But people don't have to ride coasters...except for us entusiasts. Chain lifts run in out blood. So I just wouldn't want people to get freaked out about coaster accidents because the highway scene was very intense and a coaster scene that was similar in intensity and graphic nature could scare some.

Skye
07-17-2004, 08:19 PM
I was wacthing FD2 earlier on TV, everyone says its supposed to be scary but i thought it hilarious.

RaptorXLC
07-17-2004, 11:22 PM
OH it's not scary, but it is incredibly thrilling and hilarious. and Coasterlove, I agree that if an accident happened at a theme park as intense as the car crash in FD2, it would really scare some people. Hell when I flew overseas this year with a group from school, I was thinking about the first one througout the entire flight.

Carowinds 73-03
07-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Woohoo finally a third (Hopefully). I loved the first 2 although the 2nd was a bit graphic but thats what i loved about it. It could be cool to have the 3rd around a theme park but i agree if it's anything like the first 2 it really could scare some people away from parks & coasters.

slipknot8527
07-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Final Destination 2s opening highway sequence still, to me, remains one of the most intense disturbing scenes of all time.

RaptorXLC
07-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Final Destination 2s opening highway sequence still, to me, remains one of the most intense disturbing scenes of all time.

I definately agree. When I rented the movie, I watched that scene like 4 times, and it disturbed me every time. The entire movie is takes so much out of you.

coasterlove
07-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Its reasons like those why I wouldn't want to see a roller coaster opening similar to the other two films opening. When I think of coasters, I think of fun, not death and disaster.

stevetothekizzo
07-20-2004, 06:42 PM
I definately agree. When I rented the movie, I watched that scene like 4 times, and it disturbed me every time. The entire movie is takes so much out of you.

What? That was not disturbing at all. The girl shaving her skin off in Cabin Fever was 3 hundred gazzillion billion times more disturbing than some measely old car crash.

Dan G
07-22-2004, 05:01 AM
After seeing Final Destination 1 I still have problems with flying. And this is a problem for my because I have to fly to California and back once in the summer and once every winter. I don't like flying at all since seeing that movie, and 9/11 only made the issue worse.

I don't know if a roller coaster plot like the airplane one would scare me as much because I know that there is a very very slim chance that something like that on a roller coaster would actually happen. As long as the scene isn't as bad as that one on CSI, I'm fine with it.

edh101985
07-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Well you have to remember, CSI is a TV show while FD3 is a movie. I would think TV shows have to tone down the violence quite a lot compared to movies. And Final Destination movies are known for having it be very graphic. So I am guessing that they will make it extremely gory.

RaptorXLC
07-22-2004, 11:00 PM
What? That was not disturbing at all. The girl shaving her skin off in Cabin Fever was 3 hundred gazzillion billion times more disturbing than some measely old car crash.

But some measely old car crash, is something that could easily happen to anyone. Although the story is a stretch, the opening crash scene is a realistic look at something I believe could easily happen. That is what gets me, not the gore, like the scene in Cabin Fever.

TopGun77
07-23-2004, 11:53 PM
I agree. That highway scene really messed me up, I was terrified driving home from the movie. I would love to see them do a roller coaster plot but I agree with everyone who says that no park would allow that to be filmed on one of their rides... unless the filmmakers disguised it enough so that the general public do not recognize it. They could put new logos on the train and could change the color of the track in post production, but even then I highly doubt it happening.

CHRISCO
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Not sure if this is anywhere but thought I'd put it up since this website is updated and looks like the Final Destination 3 will included a rollercoaster accident.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/finaldestination3.php

medieval
01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Not the best way to go...
Sounds like a cool movie. I didnt see the other ones but if this one has a coaster in it then im all over it! :D

edh101985
01-28-2005, 02:17 PM
I remember hearing about it. I made a thread about it a few months ago. http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=30640

And I think you also made a thread a few years ago. http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=25472

RLLrCoastrLover
01-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Cool. I liked the other two. A very original horror movie that feeds the gorry hunger in almost every male teenager.

Bruns
01-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Alright! Media making roller coasters look like death machines again! It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the public weren't so gullible. I remeber seeing a commercial for F/X's (I think F/X's) made-for-TV-movie Riding the Bullet, based on the Stephen King story in which some kid flies out of a coaster train. Of course in that instance it was a ghost or something throwing him out. Hopefully the public won't start thinking their are malevolent spirits on rides now.

Jerry S
01-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I wonder which coaster they'll use.

coasterlove
01-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I doubt they'll use any famous coaster for a couple reasons.

1. What park is going to want one of their coasters shown in such a negative situation?

2. Since it will involve major stunts and special effects and that, they will probably make their own "coaster". This way, they can have built so that it fits their needs for the film as well as having their own timetable in which to work on it instead of shooting when you can when a park is closed.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the idea since these movies are very graphic. I have no problem with the two movies, in fact I love them. I just don't know if I like the idea of people getting brutally killed somehow on a coaster in a movie.

Carowinds 73-03
01-29-2005, 05:18 AM
I'm excited about a 3rd movie, Just as long as it's a good as the 2nd. I always thought the 2nd movie was alot better than the first. More suspence & gore.

leeloo1953
01-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Alright! Media making roller coasters look like death machines again! It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the public weren't so gullible. I remeber seeing a commercial for F/X's (I think F/X's) made-for-TV-movie Riding the Bullet, based on the Stephen King story in which some kid flies out of a coaster train. Of course in that instance it was a ghost or something throwing him out. Hopefully the public won't start thinking their are malevolent spirits on rides now.

As far as the movie, it was on USA channel. I watched, I also read the e-novel. I do love Stehpen King!! First of all, the coaster in the movie is called The Bullet. Second, when the kid flies out of the coaster, it's not what it looks like. And best of all, the "ghost" as you call it was not a ghost...it is the Grim Reaper, Mr. Death himself. Oh and what's even better is that "Death" is actually played by an actor who totally "loves" coaster...spent his honeymoom riding coasters...David Arquette.

It really was decent movie for tv. The best though, is that it takes place in 1969 and the music is awesome!! All the songs I grew up with!
Anyway, I think the movie is going to be shown again on the USA channel in the next week or so. I hope some of you watch it, because I would like to know what "coaster" they used to film. I didn't recognize the coaster, but it sure has hell looked like a fun coaster to me.

As far as this new movie, so what, they use a coaster. Like the first one really turned people off of getting on a plane. The second one sure as stopped people for driving. LOL!! It's a movie for crying out loud. None of you complain when something bad happens on things like planes, trains or automobiles (lol), but, geez but coasters in a situation like that and everybody gets all upset. It's a movie!!

I will be honest though, I've never been in a cemetary (by myself) after seeing the original "Night of the Living Dead". And I've never even put my toe in the ocean after seeing "Jaws". But "Jaws" was different. The first time I went into the ocean, I got stung by a jellyfish, then just as I was getting my courage up and started to go back in the ocean, I saw Jaws. So since the jelly fish and Jaws, that ended my days in the ocean. Oh well!

But honestly, this movie is not going to stop people from going on coasters, and even if it did, wouldn't that just make the lines shorter for you coaster people. ;)

sfft_2108
01-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I doubt they'll use any famous coaster for a couple reasons.

1. What park is going to want one of their coasters shown in such a negative situation?

Cannobie is using one of their coasters to have a "sex" scene under. What about that? :)

Carowinds 73-03
01-29-2005, 12:49 PM
I would think parks would jump to the chance to get on of their coaster used in a scene in a movie no matter what kind of scene it is. It's not like the public ig going to know what coaster it is and where it's located, Only we will.

Like Leeloo said, It would not turn people off to riding coasters and if it did shorter lines for all of us :).

Kennywooddude
01-29-2005, 12:53 PM
It will probably be a small corkscrew...or a wood coaster...like the movie Rollercoaster!

It would be cool if it was a Coaster a llike Geauga Lake or Cedar Point..but it will probably be Six Flags Magic Mountian...or Islands of Adventures...

leeloo1953
01-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Ok, seriously, just checked out my god of tv, my TV Guide Magazine. Riding the Bullet is to be repeated this coming week on the USA channel this coming Wed/Thurs morning at 12am. Again on Tursday afternoon at 2pm and again this coming Sat at 6pm. All eastern standard time. So, if any of you get a chance to watch it this coming week, please do so and let me know what coaster they used to call The Bullet. It sure looked like a hell of a fun coaster to me.

coasetrphil
01-29-2005, 01:18 PM
They used Coaster at Playland Park, here is a link to it on RCDB.

http://www.rcdb.com/id320.htm

coasterlove
01-29-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't think many parks would want one of their coasters shown like this. Many time companies don't want their products shown if it makes their product appear dangerous even if it is just a movie. Also, everyone check out the second point I made in my previous post. It would probably be easier to buils their own small coaster or sections used for the movie and maybe some of the backgrounds of the coaster which won't be directly needed anyway by using CGI. I don't think it will have a big effect on audiences as to riding coasters. I just meant personally that I'm not sure if I want to see people getting killed very horrificaly on a coaster.

If it was simple explosion like in the comical RCT games, that would be one thing. But I could imagine that somehow the train comes off the track and rises up in airtime, a few people in the front or back get decapititated. Another car breaks free and flies into a wall smashing those riders. Another person gets thrown from it annd lands on the track and the coaster runs over them severing their limbs, etc. I'm just not sure if I want to see all that on a coaster. I'm not saying that it will have an effect on ridership at parks but I am saying I don't think a park would want their coaster shown doing that.

Oh, and Leeloo, you were wrong. When you referred to David Arquette, you called him an actor. In the future, try not to do that again. He may love his coasters and he might be in movies....but he's not an actor.

Cannobie is using one of their coasters to have a "sex" scene under. What about that? :)

Sex and death equal two different things.
Sex = good. :)
Getting killed = bad. :(

leeloo1953
01-29-2005, 01:41 PM
LOL! Sorry but that's what his occupation is and that's how he earns his living, so that's what I call him. Some doctors, lawyers, priests, shouldn't be called those things either, but that's what their occupation is. "Unfortuantly".

Why is it ok for you to see people getting killed "horrifically" in other ways in a movie, but not a coaster?

Andy
01-29-2005, 01:50 PM
I hope they do something spectacular. A great one would be to have a launch coaster launch way too fast and go flying off the track. The special fx on that would be great.

RaptorXLC
01-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Not that I think it's wrong to portray a death on a roller coaster. . . I honestly don't think any park would want their coaster portrayed in a negative manner. I would just think that they would always want to portray their rides as "the good guy." But they're are several instances in movies and television where people have died on roller coasters. I think I even just saw it on CSI the other day. It doesn't keep people off coasters.

leeloo1953
01-29-2005, 02:00 PM
The CSI episode was on the "home" page of TN. Somebody thought it was a bad idea. It's the movies, it's tv. Why is people dying on a coaster in a "movie" or "tv" show, so different than people dying on a plane or a train or a car or a bus or a helicopter or a skateboard or a surfboard or a boat or a etc, etc, etc.?

What's the big deal here?

Cid
01-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah CSI did one. It looked like a Swarzkopf type ride. Similar to Wildcat but not exactly the same.

I'm kinda with coasterlove on this one. I think building their own would be the easiest sollution.

edit:

What's the big deal here?

If Final Destination 3 had the same effect that Jaws had on you and many other people then there could be a decline in amusement park attendance. Yes thats good for enthusiast who want short lines and such, but if it was a big enough hit to a park's yearly income then they won't be buying as many rides. It could hurt the industry as a whole. I don't think it would though.

coasterlove
01-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Why is it ok for you to see people getting killed "horrifically" in other ways in a movie, but not a coaster?

Because while there are possible dangers in everythinng we do, coasters try to give you an element of danger. Some people might get scared going on an airplane and very few people have a problem with getting in a car but lots of people have at least some small fear of coasters. Anytime I've been on a coaster for the first time, there's always a small fear in the back of my mind. I know it's safe, that's why I would ride these crazy things. I'm just not sure how I feel about seeing people getting killed in brutal ways related to something I love.

I don't know if you have seen either of the two Final Destination movies but they are very gory, especially the second one. I don't know if I want to see that on a coaster. Just like how you feel about going into the ocean after Jaws. I'm not saying I'd be afraid of going on a coaster again, but I thought the highway scene in FD2 was very intense besides it graphic portrayal of death.

leeloo1953
01-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah they make these movies graphic. But honestly, like I said I already hated the ocean before Jaws, it just gave me another reason to hate the ocean more, although it was not a good reason...the damn jellyfish was, that sting hurt like hell!!

Honestly, I'm sure airline pilots hated those movies about plane crashes, I'm sure ship captains, absolutely hated the movie "Poseidon Adventure", and I can understand why coaster people would hate movies about people dying on a coaster. But I guess I just think different. I think "hollywood", it's a movie, and the people who watch the movie "should" be old enough to know it's just a movie. Yeah, I've been affected by two movies in my life, Jaws, you can't really count, the jellyfish really was the one who made me hate the ocean. As far as cemetarys, well, I've never liked going to those, infact, my family will never have to go to one of those, because I won't be there!! lol

Seriously though, one "hollywood movie" is not going to cut into the attendance at amusement parks. What you seem to forget is that a lot of parks don't draw attendance just for coasters, parks draw people for other rides also. No movie ever, will cause a park to loose attendance. They only thing that will ever make a park loose attendance is if they don't have a well rounded type of rides for everybody, little kids, younger kids, older kids and adults. If a park can please "every" age, it will continue.

For me, I think an "adult" can go to a park with little kids and not even worry about getting on a coaster or any ride that the "little" kid can't ride. I've been to parks and never rode an "adult" ride, because I wanted my kids to enjoy the day, not me. I guess that's why I'm not really a "coaster" person.

Off on another tangent! Sorry! Anyway hey movies will be movies. We have a railroad stop near us that looks exactly like the railroad scene in the first movie. Everytime we get stopped there by a train, my youngest, says, oh no, watch for flying things so your head doesn't get cut off! She's just joking, but hey, people think about things in a movie, but they don't always believe it will happen.

I personally think it's sad that some of you actually have a "problem" with them using a "coaster" as the "death" thing at the beginning of the movie. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm getting tired of planes, trains, cars and such. Let's get something new, like a coaster!

Hector
01-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Just so everyone knows, I merged the three threads together.

leeloo1953
01-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, whatever, whether they use a "rollercoaster" or not, it's just a movie. Like I posted earlier, it was the jellyfish that made me fear the ocean...Jaws just made me feel more that way. You know, people just feel the way they feel. I just find it so "funny" that you coaster people "worry" so much about in movies or tv that people die on a coaster. It really is funny to me! LOL!! I guess I just don't understand...people on tv and in the movies die all the time on while being on different things, so what if it's coaster. Seriously, so what???

Think about it...people have died on planes, trains, cars, boats, skateboards, surfboards, bikes, motorcycles, etc, etc, on and on. Why do you all get so worried about people dying on a coaster (amusement ride), in the "movies" I honestly don't understand you way of thinking. It happens, it's life. It's the MOVIES!!!

I guess I just believe that death can happen anywhere, anytime, any place, and on any "thing". Geez!!! LOL!

But, don't forget, I'm one of those "stupid" guests, as DontLookDown describes me. So maybe I'm stupid to feel that this movie will not effect the "amusement park world" at all. Who knows??

bk2004
01-31-2005, 12:28 PM
At one time, wasn't this movie going to be 3-D? The first thread for this movie I thought the idea was being thrown around. I guess they decided not too.

RllrCoasterFan
01-31-2005, 12:34 PM
^That would be crazy. A Final Destination in 3-D? That would not only be insanely fun but also very nausiating. I have seen the first one, or parts of it at least, and have seen the second one. So, most likely will see the third. Any word on a cast?

leeloo1953
01-31-2005, 12:57 PM
^Hey...thanks for that post! You asked about the "cast", instead of being so worried that coasters will be showed in a bad way. Good for you!!

Skye
01-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Won't they just use unkown actors like they did in the first two?

leeloo1953
01-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Sorry Deja, I just edited my post, the one you quoted. Left out a very important word. The word "not" between the words "will and affect". I don't think this movie will affect how people feel about amusement parks, why, even if they don't care to ride coasters, there's other rides that everybody will feel safe on. Hey, I'm alread scared of "most" thrill rides right now. Even if I don't ride them, I still the price to get into the park.

No movie is going ruin the "amusement" park business. That's just my own opinion however.

Cid
01-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Won't they just use unkown actors like they did in the first two?

Devon Sawa, star of the great movie Idle Hands and Sean William Scott aren't unknown?!

The rest are nobodies. I'll give you that. This being the 3rd installment of a new generation horror movie then its pretty safe to assume it will also be nobodies.

Carowinds 73-03
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
But it's also movies like this that give those unknows actors some spotlight and then some turn into big actors.

Lokk what happened to Jamie Lee Curtis after the first Halloween. Her career took off.

Cid
01-31-2005, 06:42 PM
True. I'd be psyched for a 2 second camio in a cheesy horror movie!

nowadays though horror movies don't mean what they use to. Getting big off a horror movie now seems like it'd be harder than back then.

Carowinds 73-03
01-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I agree, I think it is recently. One thing i do like about some horror movies is the nobodies. I enjoy seeing new people than actors i have seen for years.

RllrCoasterFan
01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Wow...so the movie is going to be set in an amusement park as the disaster scene in the beginning? How did I miss that? Anyway sorry to leeloo for being one of the people to be like "Oh my god, It is in an amusement park?" But I just realised this...I was wondering why this thread was getting so many hits. Is this even right? I am confused...

Carowinds 73-03
01-31-2005, 08:29 PM
I believe that it will take place at an amusement park. That seems to be what everyone is saying although i have not heard anything official.

coasterlove
02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I actually sometimes prefer when horror movies use unknown or at least less famous actors in them. It makes it a bit more unpredictable. Generally if a movie has a celebrity in it, you know that there's a good chance they will live. That's one thing I liked about the first Scream. I know some people were upset when Drew Barrymore's charactor was killed since either they liked her or they thought it was cheesy that she was on the poster but only in the movie for about 10 minutes or so. Those who felt that way are naive. That was great, it was something unexpected.

Same with Executive Decision. When Steven Seagal was killed less than halfway through the movie, I wouldn't have expected that at all. I heard some people complain about the same thing. Seriously c'mon people, what's wrong with doing something different from what is expected. Don't people get tired of knowing that the star is always going to live/win. I want my movies to shake things up a little bit.

^Hey...thanks for that post! You asked about the "cast", instead of being so worried that coasters will be showed in a bad way. Good for you!!

Great :rolleyes: ....now if only you can stop blabbering on and critisizing people with your sarcasm on how they feel about roller coaster deaths and actually talk about the movie as well, we'll be in good shape.

leeloo1953
02-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Sorry, if I said something wrong. I won't be "blabbering" anymore!!

Griswold
02-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Has everyone forgotten a little movie that came out in 1977 called "ROLLERCOASTER"??? This WHOLE movie was about rollercoasters crashing (because of an extortionist). I really don't believe a movie of that type would have an effect on amusement park business--even if i was in just one part. Sane people can differenciate between fact and fiction. Heck, the end result from "ROLLERCOASTER" went in the opposite direction. Extras from the movie would go on to form the American Coaster Enthusiasts.

And Leeloo, the original Night of the Living Dead scared the crap outta me too! I was only 12 when I saw it and I was way to young to see it. I had nightmares for 3 months and would not even look at a cemetary when my parents drove by it. Now I can watch it and actually laugh at certain parts. But 16 years ago I could not handle it!

Calvin
02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Hehe! I just watched Rollercoaster on the tv and it was really cheesy, but actually pretty good.

coasterlove
02-08-2005, 01:40 AM
I saw the end of Rollercoaster some time ago and from what I saw, I thought it was bad. I did find the death amusing in that he actually got hit by the coaster train. It just looked rather silly.

On the subject of the Final Destination, which death did everyone think was the worst/best? Of all the death scenes that one that I first saw made me pull a Keanu Reeves "whoa" (or probably actually something else came out of my mouth) was in part 2 when the boy ran after the pidgeons and the large heavy glass fell on him just smahing him flat. It's grisly but I watched it also in slow motion. You can actually see his head get smashed in first while his body (a dummy of course) is still standing and the rest of him.

leeloo1953
02-11-2005, 09:48 PM
I thought the pidgeons and the glass scene was really bad. But for some reason, even though it was in her "premonition", that big log going through the windshield of the car, ( I think the cop's car), really got to me. For some reason that just really, really bothered me.

Wow, that would make a good thread. Parts of a movie that really, really got to you, be it scared you, made you cry, made you pissed, etc. ect.

leeloo1953
04-19-2005, 10:50 AM
I know this is a double post, but it's been awhile, and I think since you never can get a good discussion going on the home page with the news articles, let's start one here.

I can't wait for this movie. I've totally enjoyed the first two. I also totally loved the CSI episode! Can't wait for the season finale of CSI, with Quentin Tarantino directing it and all.

Anyway, I know some of you diehard coaster people think this will scare the gp, hey, I don't think that will happen. FD1 didn't scare people from flying on planes (not like 9-11 did), why, because FD1 was a movie, 9-11 was real. FD2 sure didn't stop people from driving. And FD3 won't stop people from riding coasters. You coaster people need to seriously give the GP more credit than that. Remember, I'm probably the biggest definition of GP on these boards!

This movie will probably stop as many people from riding coasters as Jaws stopped people from swimming in the ocean. Not many people have stopped swimming in the ocean, and not many will stop riding coasters because of a movie.

Personally, I hope the opening scene is 10 times more intense than the last two movies. lol!

RllrCoasterFan
04-19-2005, 12:39 PM
^All I have to say to you leeloo is...

thank you.

Thank god someone understands the concept of a movie and these movies in general. It didn't make people stop from flying, driving, and this one will not stop me from riding, why would you let it?

Personally, I hope the opening scene is 10 times more intense than the last two movies. lol!
Yes, I hope so as well.

Carowinds 73-03
04-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I don't think it will have any effect on the GP. I'm sure they all understand it's a movie and it's fake.

I am also really looking foward to seeing this. This might be the best of the 3 just cause it's a roller coaster accident.

coasterlove
04-20-2005, 03:47 AM
I don't think it will have much effect on those who already ride in the general public or those who haven't yet but who are interested in riding coasters. It might have some effect on those who haven't ever been on a coaster and are already afraid of riding a coaster. It might further enhance their feelings that coasters are dangerous. But I don't see it having much effect on most others.

I just hope I don't cringe that much while watching it. I am surprised to see that it actually became a reality. This has been rumored for so long and so often, the rumors stay just that, rumors.

Bruns
05-02-2005, 11:29 PM
http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1531

Here's a link with some pics of the coaster. Some sort of Arrow looper it appears.

And Carowinds, don't count on people realizing its fake. There are a lot of stupid people out there. The only reason this movie won't cause a drop in attendance is because it probably won't be very popular.

Same with Rollercoaster, Griswold. About 5 people saw that movie when it hit theaters.

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the link. Really cool pics.

Anyone know what coaster that is?

coasterlove
05-03-2005, 03:22 AM
The only reason this movie won't cause a drop in attendance is because it probably won't be very popular.

Good find Bruns. You've also helped me discover a new horror website for me to check out. Thanks.

I do have to disagree though about it not being popular likely. Final Destination and Final Destination 2 made $53.1m annd $46.5m respectively in American box office receipts. And with horror movies being almost as popular as ever and making more money than ever, I could see it doing fairly well. I could see part 3 being the biggest in the series so far possibly making over a respectable $60 million. It was less than 10 years ago that those types of numbers would be unheard of for a horror movie.

Bruns
05-03-2005, 12:19 PM
^ True, it may do well. It may be successful even. But lets just say that when VH1 makes "I Love the 2000's" this movie probably won't be mentioned. Jaws is always mentioned when you talk about movies from the 70's because it was huge. All ages of people saw that movie. This one will likely be aimed towards teens.

RllrCoasterFan
05-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the link Bruns, nice Horror site. I been checking it out a bit. Nice site for Horror movies and the entire genre.

Bruns
05-04-2005, 12:29 PM
^ Yeah, I'm partial to it.

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Awsome site. I have ben looking for a fourm site devoted to Horror movies.

There was a little talk about movies at Hauntworld but not nearly enough for me.

Carowinds 73-03
05-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Not sure if this was posted already but the coaster used in the movie is Corkscrew @ Playland.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig319.htm?picture=2

Chris L
07-03-2005, 05:36 AM
The third installment of the Final Destination franchise is going to be released late 2005, early 2006.

Although it intrigues me to see how the scene will be executed (the past two were intense), I feel like the masses that attend to see this film will feed off on the fear generated by stuff like this. They'll think at parks while waiting in line "Oh crap. What if that happened to us like it did in that movie?" Is it gonna give coasters a bad rep? :confused:

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/interviews/craigperry_interview.php

Khartoum
07-03-2005, 06:02 AM
I think as long as people remember that it's just a movie and that Rollercoasters are safer than Cars, they should be alright.

89magnumxl200
07-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but you have to remember that many people are stupid and believe everything they see or hear.

SFGadvKing
07-03-2005, 12:26 PM
did the first movie stop people from going on airplanes? did the second movie stop people from going on highways? no.

JonnyNitro
07-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Just in case anyone's wondering (and I don't think the article mentioned it), the coaster portion of FD3 was filmed at Playland in Vancouver, British Columbia, probably due to cheaper labor costs and looser unions up there in Canada, just as Romero did with Land of the Dead. Portions of the scene were filmed at the Corkscrew ther, but the station area and lift hill were filmed in a soundstage. Apparently they're going to beef up the "Devil's Flight" (movie name of the coaster) quite a bit. The actual coaster is only 75 feet, althought in the film they're going to make it appear that it has a hypercoaster-size 200 foot drop. The shots of the station and lift will be heavily themed in a demonic motif in order to heighten the sense of dread. Seems like they're doing something a bit similar to the use of the Hulk in House on Haunted Hill. Most of my info comes from the Arrow in the Head horror flick site, and you can check out the article here:

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=1183

One interesting tidbit: "The coaster on the set was a real coaster, which was pretty cool, with real cars, and a real track. The track went up through the set and all the way up to the roof of the soundstage- a good 60 feet high! It was fully functional, with a remote control harness release, and was able to move all the up the track just like an actual roller coaster would. At the end of the coaster track near the roof was a green screen, where the track will appear to go up another 150 feet or so."

The accident itself seems like it's going to be just as gory and horrific as the previous two films were, but as over-the-top as the FD movies are, I seriously doubt anyone's going to take it too seriously.

~Nitro

Dan G
07-04-2005, 04:29 AM
did the first movie stop people from going on airplanes? did the second movie stop people from going on highways? no.

I was actually frightened to ride planes after that movie...Of course that was a few years ago, but this is coming from a guy whos been flying from Cali to Pennsylvania back and forth two times a year. It's frightening knowing that something like that could actually happen. I really haven't liked planes since day one so that's also contributed.

As for being afraid of coasters after this movie, I doubt it. I have a feeling the accident is going to have lightning and probably even it jumping the tracks, but of course gory as usual. It should be a good movie. Let's just hope the scene is better than that CSI one. :rolleyes:

Andy
10-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Check out the trailer for the movie, which shows the rollercoaster crash!! See the link.

http://www.fd3movie.com/

Looks like a whole bunch of things go wrong...remember people, this is just a fictional movie!!

siestakey
10-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Looks pretty good.

Carowinds 73-03
10-31-2005, 02:41 PM
WOW!!! Thats trailer looks awesome. I'm excited about the movie. Even the coaster accident looked pretty cool.

coasterdude28
10-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Nice trailer. The crash looks crazy.

ImmelMatt
10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
The crash is insane... of course, they'd all have been dead on impact anyway ^_^

coasterlove
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I saw the preview yesterday before I saw...Saw 2. It looked really good and I think it will be right up my all since I really liked the first two. The coaster scene looks scary for us coaster fans and as others said, very intense. I'm sure a lot of people I know will ask and talk to me about it since most everyone I know knows I'm obsessed with coasters. So it'll be fun.

Andy
11-03-2005, 04:35 PM
I saw the preview yesterday before I saw...Saw 2. It looked really good and I think it will be right up my all since I really liked the first two. The coaster scene looks scary for us coaster fans and as others said, very intense. I'm sure a lot of people I know will ask and talk to me about it since most everyone I know knows I'm obsessed with coasters. So it'll be fun.

Same here! All my friends know I'm obssessed with coasters as well and always ask me coaster related questions.

Jerry S
11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Eww, some girls died in a tan bed. That's gross. I loved the 1st and second one, I'll be sure to see this one.

James
11-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh god.. What crap this will be. I like the first 2 but this one just looks like crap. The coaster part is just way to fake for me. The way they show the guy like open his OTSR midride on his own and how he doesnt even look like hes on a ride (wind and such)

Jerry S
11-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh, because the deaths in the first two were realistic...

Elevator door closing and decapitating someone? Oxygen tank exploding in a hospital? Crack in toliet causing somone to slip and get strangled, which later fixes itself? I think those things are as much balogna as the last. But it's creative, which is why I like it.

coasterlove
11-04-2005, 12:32 AM
The way they show the guy like open his OTSR midride on his own and how he doesnt even look like hes on a ride (wind and such)

I very well could be wrong (I'd have to see the preview again) but I think that happens before the ride has started. It was hard to tell since previews are always so fast, quick paced and highly edited so that's why I'd have to see it again. I'm thinking that's the part where he forsees what will happen just like the kid in the first on the airplane and the girl from part two in her SUV on the highway. My guess is that he sees it happening and then decides to get off while still in the station. Since he obviously freaks out, others decide to get off as well just like in the original Final Destination.

DPCMAN
11-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Hopefully it's as good as the first two. I'm really hoping that opening scene coaster crash is as well done as the plane explosion and the massive pileup before. I just wish the site would say when the movie gets released.

coasterlove
11-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure it comes out in March, possibly the 3rd or the 10th. I know it's not too far away and I'll be there probably opening weekend.

Dan G
11-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Time for me to rant about how terrible this movie looks just by the trailer...

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1642/16mh.th.jpg (http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16mh.jpg)http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8784/34fs.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34fs.jpg)

First of all, in the first shot you can see that they CGIed the coaster on the left ot make the one they used seem bigger, but in the second shot, wheres the CGI? You can tell in the first screen that the corks go in between the right and left coaster, so shouldn't you be able to see the coaster on the left in the second screen? Bad mistake...

BTW, heres a picture of the coaster they used just for reference.

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/3784/27xo.th.jpg (http://img328.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27xo.jpg)

You can tell in this screen that the boy opens his harness in the middle of the ride because you can see the track behind him. If this was in the station, we all know we wouldn't be able to see the track...

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5048/43bb1.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43bb1.jpg)

This by far is the CHEESIEST CGI in the trailer, you can see the camera has a closeup on the rail on the bottom right corner, but why is the guy that is hanging from the car overlapping that rail? Wow, you have to admit that is terrible.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/4486/52dd.th.jpg (http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=52dd.jpg)

Do I really have to say anything about this picture? I just laughed when I saw this.

So, in conclusion Final Destination looks like it was made by a bunch of high schoolers. In the trailer, you'll notice that there is bars overlapping where the chain should go so that too just adds to the cheesiness. But, I'll probably end up going to see it just because it has a coaster in it. :o

Cuddy
11-13-2005, 08:54 PM
^That looks strangely familiar from a CSI episode where they had to investigate why a wildmouse crashed.

Zingoman
11-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I too noticed the CGI of the second coaster beside the corkscrews and that it was missing in your second picture.

The picture of the guy opening his harness, I'm pretty sure he he is flying out of the ride at a negative G moment. They are not trying to make it look like they are in the station, so I'm not sure why you posted that.

The picture of the boy hanging out of the train does look very CGI, but I don't think that his feet are overlapping the rail. There is some shadowing in there but if you look closely you will see the rail below his feet.

As for the rails seperating as shown in your last photo, I have no idea why that is supposed to have happened. I'm pretty sure I read that there is a "loss of hydraulic" pressure causing the restraints to fly open and the wheels to fall off. While we enthusiasts know that that is completely impossible in real life, that fact that this causes the tracks to seperate is not believable to ANYONE, so I am very curious to see the movie and how they justifiy the cause of this.

I have not noticed the part where there ARE bars (not "is") overlapping where the chain should go. I will look at that one. Who knows, maybe the final cut for the movie will be a bit more detailed.

DisGardeVersal
11-13-2005, 09:54 PM
That trailer was so hilarious, I was laughing the whole way through, the moment I saw the track out of alignment all I could think was,

"How did that pass inspection?"

Hammy2003
11-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Anybody else notice the RCT2 sound of people screaming on the website? LOL, that's what made me laugh.

And c'mon ya'll! Give the producers/directors their right to creative license. There has to be something abnormal or the movie doesn't work right!

Do remember, you have to make things blatently (sp?) obvious to the public. That weighs more than real-life correctness in the entertainment industry.

Plus, it's a frickin' preview. The CGI stuff probably isn't finished. The special effects people probably just got something together quickly that is suitable for a super-quick preview.

Some of ya'll are suckin' the fun out of this thing. Just enjoy the movie, and don't analyze it so much. Try to appreciate the thing as a non-enthusiast (non-nerd).

I am excited about it, and can't wait to go see it with some GP friends of mine. It might be as much fun as going to the park with those crazy people! Ha!

Edit: And for those who don't know yet, it's scheduled for February 10, 2006. FYI

Carowinds 73-03
11-13-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm sure the movie will be great. You can't really judge a movie until you see it. The trailors don't help that much.

If it's anything like the other two ( which i thought were great) it should not dissapoint.

steel
11-14-2005, 07:45 AM
And I'm sure it won't be great. Any movie about a coaster that wasn't made by an enthusiast is going to be at least 60% wrong.

Carowinds 73-03
11-14-2005, 07:58 AM
I doubt their getting into details about coasters & facts. The coaster crashes, thats all.

Jerry S
11-14-2005, 08:05 AM
So, in conclusion Final Destination looks like it was made by a bunch of high schoolers. In the trailer, you'll notice that there is bars overlapping where the chain should go so that too just adds to the cheesiness. But, I'll probably end up going to see it just because it has a coaster in it. :o

Just because it isn't accurate, doesn't mean it was made by a high schooler. After all, you're in high school, and you wouldn't make those mistakes. It was made for the general masses who like suspense thrillers, that don't care about such details. I'm sure someone show new alot about cars could say that the second one was innacurate, and that the cars wouldn't have exploded like that. Or the first one, one person could say that the pattern of engine and gas line failures on the plane was impossible. It's just for theatrical drama, and I like it.

Dan G
11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
The picture of the guy opening his harness, I'm pretty sure he he is flying out of the ride at a negative G moment. They are not trying to make it look like they are in the station, so I'm not sure why you posted that.

Umm, look a page back...

"The way they show the guy like open his OTSR midride on his own and how he doesnt even look like hes on a ride (wind and such)" -- James

"I very well could be wrong (I'd have to see the preview again) but I think that happens before the ride has started. It was hard to tell since previews are always so fast, quick paced and highly edited so that's why I'd have to see it again. I'm thinking that's the part where he forsees what will happen just like the kid in the first on the airplane and the girl from part two in her SUV on the highway. My guess is that he sees it happening and then decides to get off while still in the station. Since he obviously freaks out, others decide to get off as well just like in the original Final Destination." -- coasterlove

I posted it because people were talking about it a page back, duh. Read before you post please so you actualy know what's going on in this discussion.

The picture of the boy hanging out of the train does look very CGI, but I don't think that his feet are overlapping the rail. There is some shadowing in there but if you look closely you will see the rail below his feet.

Are you serious! Here let me make it simple for you...

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3236/untitled7dl1.jpg

I outlined the rail in the picture. Now, tell me why the guys foot would be over this rail like in the picture if its supposed to look like he is flying off the car. He shouldn't be overlapping over the rail that is a few feet behind him seeing how the camera is close to the tracks and is filming the back of the car. The CGI in this film is whack, and hopefully most of this stuff is fixed before the movie is released in February.

James R
11-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Anybody else notice the RCT2 sound of people screaming on the website? LOL, that's what made me laugh.

I am so sick and tired of hearing the same old screams played for every rollercoaster non-theme park commercial in the world! It was the first thing that made me cringe and laugh when I watched it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Zingoman
11-22-2005, 05:52 PM
EastCoastn07, you outlined that exactly how I proposed it to be wrong. I saw that already and that is what I commented on. If you actully studied the picture and considered what I said about it you would not be so quick to "MAKE IT SIMPLE" for me as you so rudely put it. Do not talk down to me like I'm a child. I am six years older than you in my fourth year of college, and you are a kid in H.S. for crying out loud.

Just look at what you did there. Why is the rail so HUGE on the one you outlined and so small on the other side? Not to mention that you drew a line out way above where the rail appears it may be. I am not a moron and I considered the camera angle so don't throw that at me. All YOU are seeing in that photo is a blurred image where you cannot see the clear distinction between the ground and the rail.

You really think that the computer geeks would have created that FRAME by FRAME and not have noticed it? I'm sure they are smarter than some snotty 16 year old "know it all". Get real, and stop being rude without considering other peoples opinions. You could have made your point without coming across like a jerk, but I guess that's not your style now is it?

If that is the case and there is a flaw in that footage, I'm sure it was because it only lasted a split second in the trailer and they figured noone would notice before they get the final product done.

ARcoasterjunkie
11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Are you serious! Here let me make it simple for you...

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3236/untitled7dl1.jpg

I outlined the rail in the picture. Now, tell me why the guys foot would be over this rail like in the picture if its supposed to look like he is flying off the car. He shouldn't be overlapping over the rail that is a few feet behind him seeing how the camera is close to the tracks and is filming the back of the car.

I hate to tell you, but he is not overlapping. In the spirit of making pictures, I did the same and as you can see, he is not overlapping.
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3233/43bb12lh.jpg

coasterz44
11-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Also keep in mind this is JUST A TRAILER, most of the effects are more then likely not 100% finished, as in most trailers, and it's a HORRIBLE quality streaming file.

So to say how terrible the whole movie looks based on just a trailer and one scene is just absurd.

EDIT: And just for the record, he DOES overlap the rail, but it was probably just a quick job so they could get a trailer out quick, or make a deadline. And who knows, that scene might not even be in the movie.

Here's a GIF file that shows the overlap:
http://www.nicksvideo.com/overlap.gif

Zingoman
11-24-2005, 11:34 PM
ARcoasterjunkie, you rule. THAT is what I was talking about exactly. They way you outlined it is how I believe it is. I think that focusing on that one frame just made it unclear where the rail really is due to the lighting. Seeing a few frames later in that footage we could see it better.

There EastCoasn07. Simple enough for YOU?

Dan G
11-25-2005, 03:34 AM
LOL, for being a college student you sure don't know what an overlap is.

coasterz, thanks for showing that vid, it shows these two boys that the foot and the coaster rail DO overlap. Zingo, don't make an ass of yourself when you're wrong, I didn't talk down to you, but take it however you want to...

Zingoman
11-26-2005, 02:28 AM
Ok, if you looked at the picture ARCoasterJunkie posted, then you would clearly see that there was not and overlap in my perspective of the photo, so to say that I don't know what an overlap is makes you look like a fool to me.

As for me making and ass of myself, I'm pretty sure that you are the one who does that in nearly every thread that you participate in. I was not wrong in offering a possibility to the topic. I never once said it was a fact as you ALWAYS do. I don't think possibilies are proven wrong. Facts are wrong. Posibilities are eliminated, and there is a defference. You can climb off of your high horse because you have not shut me down here.

I would not have been defensive of your remark if you did not have an enormous reputation for putting people down, being ignorant of other people's opinions, and acting like you are the only person who knows what he or she is talking about. When you say things like "duh. Read before you post please so you actualy know what's going on in this discussion." and "Are you serious?! Here, let me make it simple for you" your are talking down to me. If you cannot see that, then you have a very twisted concept of communication. You think that the fact that people are constantly having to get on your case about being a jerk is because we want to pick on you? WAKE UP! You are rude and completely ignorant of mannerly conduct in discussions. I'm sure that you must be a very lonely individual if you treat everybody like that in real life. Good luck not getting the crap kicked out of yourself if you act that way all the time. Just learn not to be so arrogant and quite acting like everything you say is absolute fact. You are not always right you know. Did you notice how Coasterz44 made that post without trashing anyone elses opinion? Just get a clue. Get a stinking clue. I'm done with you now.

Coasterz44, thank you for clearing that up. Now we can all see that there is an error. I'm sure that will be fixed for the movie if they keep that shot. It is so brief in the trailer that I'm sure they thought they could get away with it.

Raptor
11-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Some of ya'll are suckin' the fun out of this thing. Just enjoy the movie, and don't analyze it so much. Try to appreciate the thing as a non-enthusiast (non-nerd)The only thing I hate about it is that it'll give the very impressional general public a bunch of ideas. "OMG WHAT IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!!111" I mean, it's bad enough that I always hear people claiming they got stuck upside down on roller coasters that have never had an accident...

Zingoman
11-27-2005, 09:01 PM
I think it's HILARIOUS whem people try to tell me outlandish tales of ride incidents, like "my best friend was on the Zipper and the door flew open!" "I was riding the Roll-O-Plane and the door flew open" or "I was in the loop and my lap bar come open", "I got stuck upside down on that roller coaster" "the coaster was upside down and they turned on the brakes and we stopped up there". If they only knew how stupid and unreal I know that what they were saying is. HA! I'm sure this movie will inspire a few more tall tales.

Raptor
11-28-2005, 08:08 PM
haha, yeah, exactly. I usually try not to be an enthusi-ass but that is one thing I can't stand that people do. I always call them out saying that it never happened and that I have proof to backup that it never happened, and they usually just kind of shut up after that. For my senior year in high school, I did a research paper on roller coaster safety and safety records (mainly because thats the least possible research for a topic I would have to do, lol), and when we handed them in we had to explain our topic to the class and summarize it. I predicted in the back of my mind that some of the students would probably tell some BS story that they got stuck upside down or knew someone who did. Well, as soon as I finished explaining mine, this one guy immediately boasted about how he got stuck upside down on B:TR. And that it just "stopped" upside down.

I called him out on it. Not only because I hate that, but because it was making my research look bad to those who don't know any better (which is is basically the whole class). "No, you didn't, because that never happened. We would have heard about it, there would be records of it and such because that is a very rare occurance."

Him: "Yeah, well I don't know how it happened, but it did!"
Me: "Well then how did you get off?"
Him: "It just started moving again and made it to the end."
Me: "That kind of defies the laws of physics... besides, if it was somehow 'jammed' upside down, the train wouldn't be able to finish the course."

I thought about that maybe he was stopped in a block brake, but B:TR doesn't have any except at the end. So either he was completely paranoid on B:TR and had no idea what was going on, or he was full of sh!t. The fact that the class was siding with him and saying I was a jerk for saying he was lying made it worse, I mean I was the one who did the damn research anyway... and here is some liar making me look bad, and they were all too stupid to think logically about it to agree with me. It literally developed into an arguement that almost got the kid and I kicked out of the class because I refused to be "defeated" like that.

Total BS, it was.

Zingoman
12-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah. People are dumb and think that rides have brakes on the actually trains themselves, and that they can stop anywhere on the ride, and then just take off and finish from any point in the course. The fact that people say that a coaster would stop upside down is so ignorant in my view because trains are usually moving pretty fast through the top of an inversion. Why would a train suddenly run out of speed where it should be going at least 20mph, stop, and then take off again on it's own? Total bull. There would be big news in the enthusiast's circle about something like that. Things like that are very documented and bull crappers don't realize that at all. We are in a whole other world from the general public. Most people just don't take the time to notice, or figure things out like we do. I doubt many people even realize that a ride is not designed to stop in a place where the trains can be evacuated onto a catwalk, or platform. The concept of a block brake system is probably completely unheard of to tons of people. They think that their lies are possibilities, but in truth, it is nearly impossible all together. Just not many people know it. I just think a lot of it is common sense.

This movie, will probably defy all truth in coaster safety, or possibilities, and if anyone uses this movie to justify their bolona, I will go nuts! lol

Emann
01-26-2006, 03:21 PM
So I just saw a preview for this and.............it looks great! Especially that the people die on the rollercoaster and you see everything coming appart. One thing that i would like to know is what is that rollercoaster? Heres the link to the trailer http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/finaldestination3/large.htm

Cuddy
01-26-2006, 04:02 PM
I merged all the FD3 threads.

Carowinds 73-03
01-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Corkscrew @ Playland Park

joedonuts1011
01-26-2006, 10:06 PM
I can't get over the DVD quality in that trailer...streaming, no less.

The effects look really good. Carowinds...are you 100% sure that it was filmed on Corkscrew @ Playland Park?? Is there any reference available that Corkscrew was used, or are you just guessing??

That broken track at the end is definitely freaky.

RidePhoto101
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Figures... it's a Vekoma :rolleyes:

joedonuts1011
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
At the end of the trailer, there is a loop clearly in the background. If this is Corkscrew, then there was some excellent adaptation used. This is going to be good. Do you think Ed Markey has a cameo appearance in this film?

Sorry about the double post...typed in the wrong box.

Carowinds 73-03
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
No i'm not 100% sure. Thats just what someone else posted a few pages back.

xtreme
01-26-2006, 10:28 PM
it looks like viper @ sfmm

James R
01-26-2006, 11:03 PM
No, i'm not 100% sure. Thats just what someone else posted a few pages back.
Haha, very slick. ;)

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showpost.php?p=576207&postcount=107

...the coaster used in the movie is Corkscrew @ Playland.

There was, I believe, CGI animation involved with doctoring out parts of the ride, along with the addition of 'more' coaster track in the background during the crash sequence. And I think I read that in this thread. But, correct me if I'm wrong, it is Corkscrew at Playland Park, in Canada.

Fantom
01-26-2006, 11:15 PM
I think the best part of this is the fact the ride op is to stupid to realize the track is missing/dislodged. I don't like these movies in particular. There is absolutely nothing that appeals to me about watching people die in very peculiar(and pretty much impossible)ways.

coasterlove
01-27-2006, 02:05 AM
It is Corkscrew at Playland. I've read it a couple places but here for right now is a link from IMDb that say it's at a park in Vancouver.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414982/trivia

Also, the coaster as well as the whole park was featured in great detail in the movie Rollercoaster.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169190/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8a3c9MXxwbj0xfHE9cm9sbG VyY29hc3RlcnxmdD0xfG14PTIwfGxtPTUwMHxjbz0xfGh0bWw9 MXxubT0x;fc=2;ft=17;fm=1

zongaboy626
01-27-2006, 10:03 AM
yes it is play land and yes they did use CGI to add 650 feet to the ride

Zingoman
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
^^ Actually coasterlove, that is not the park in the movie Rollercoaster. I think the park you are thinking of was Ocean View in Virginia in the opening of the movie. They had a ride called the Rocket used in the movie. Here it is.
http://rcdb.com/id2106.htm

coasterlove
01-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I should've put the year of the movie Rollercoaster I was talking about, my mistake. If you click the link I left, it takes you to Rollercoaster (1999) not the '77 movie. The '99 movie was about some teens who break into a park that is to demolished and spend the day there. That movie was filmed in Playland.

steel
01-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I've finally decided that I'm going to see this just so I can laugh my head off.

I did have a huge argument with a friend who says it's going to be the most realistic and perfect one so far. Of course, he doesn't give a crap about coasters, so no one should listen to him on this one.

Wes
02-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Here's one of the pics on movies.com

I call this the "Oh no I'm on a Vekoma!" look.

coasterlove
02-01-2006, 02:06 PM
The one thing I find funny is that it's supposed to be a new coaster in the movie if I heard correctly. So one thing is the track style since that's almost never used anymore. Also, in that pic you linked to, check out her restraint, it's old and worn. Hardly looks new to me. ;)

Although I can't wait to see this. I'll be there probably opening night.

Dan G
02-01-2006, 04:04 PM
I've finally decided that I'm going to see this just so I can laugh my head off.

I did have a huge argument with a friend who says it's going to be the most realistic and perfect one so far. Of course, he doesn't give a crap about coasters, so no one should listen to him on this one.

I think the most realistic one right now is the car crash scene followed by the airplane explosion. I don't think this one is going to be better, but I guess it could for all we know. But based on the trailer, I don't think it will.

Pcw
02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I'm just reading this thread right now so I'm not sure if anyone posted about this yet.

In the commercial for the film, theres a part where it's in the station and it shows the operator pressing the e-stop button to dispatch...Then there's that lady screaming "NOOOO! There's no rail!" or something like that. And how do the restraints open? Did the pedal break or something? :sick:

coasterlove
02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Death gets 'em.

possible spoiler???
From what I've seen in the trailer and the TV commercials, it seems as if the disaster is all in her head just as the first two disasters were in their heads in Final Destination 1&2. She then screams and causes a scene just as in the characters in the two previous film. They then let everyone off the coaster and do a test run. That's when the coaster train hits the unattached rail and it comes off the track. In the preview, you can see that it is empty cars coming off. It might be different in the actual movie but we'll see.

Carowinds 73-03
02-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I would think they would leave a few people on the coaster. In the first 2 movies it was like 5-6 people who cheated death and the rest died. I would hate to see everyone get off the coaster and have to watch 20+ people dies throughout the movie.

I think it will be like the rest, 5-6 people will get off the coaster and the rest will stay on, Unless it's only the 5-6 friends on the coaster then maybe.

BGWfanatic
02-02-2006, 05:11 PM
well when i saw the preview it looked like there was a few people on the ride when it pulls out of the station, of course that may not be the time when it crashes, but it looked like it to me.

coasterlove
02-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Another possible spoiler

Since I have Wedding Crashers on DVD which has the preview for Final Destination 3, I just watched it again now. I watched it in slow motion and even zoomed in. When the train crashes, there is nobody on it. It is a completely emtpy train. Now this might have been just for the preview and could be different for the actual movie.

Even more spoilers
And from what I heard from the preview disk that comes with the Final Destination pack, it says that a lot of people do get off and cheat death. Somebody had a video camera in the station as they got in the train and use the video to try and find people before they die since the main couple do not know everybody there.

Wes
02-03-2006, 08:06 AM
I saw a commercial on last night and the thing looks rediculous, but they did have some nice coaster footage. ;)

rlrcstrfreak
02-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I have seen the previews. It looks like they did a nice job on the special effects for the coaster crashing, I will have to rent the first two, before I see this one.

skydiver123
02-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Sorry, I'm just reading this thread right now so I'm not sure if anyone posted about this yet.

In the commercial for the film, theres a part where it's in the station and it shows the operator pressing the e-stop button to dispatch...Then there's that lady screaming "NOOOO! There's no rail!" or something like that. And how do the restraints open? Did the pedal break or something? :sick:
its all plot device. its hollywood. . . what are you gonna do

Zingoman
02-04-2006, 02:59 AM
The hardest thing we coaster buffs will have to deal with if we watch this movie (especially those of us who have operated rides) is the fact that the movie will most likely be VERY innacurate in procedures, controls, and consistency of editing with the whole coaster scene. Most people just won't know better including the people making the movie. We will just have to deal with it, as much as I hate to say it. Grrrrr.

I don't know why they didn't just use a bigger park with a larger coaster. I mean they could have used Dragon Mountain or something instead of a goofy little "Vekoma corkscrew with bayern curve" thing and have to use phony bologna CGI stuff that doesn't add up. I'll try notto let if ruin the movie though because I WILL be seeing it. I love the FD movies, and I love coasters so....

I'm sure their are forums for air plane junkies somwhere and they probably had fits about the first movie too. Aren't nerds a hoot?? I'm such a nerd!!

zongaboy626
02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
im as much of a horror buff as i am a coaster buff. I saw a mini documentury and a ride worker was showing them the comtrols. So it might be accuret

FLCC Josh
02-04-2006, 12:29 PM
If anything it will scare the GP and the lines will be short for all our favorite coasters! >sarcasm<

Pcw
02-04-2006, 12:35 PM
That could be true, but not to shorten the lines. It'll just add to the thrill factor. The GP would probably pick a coaster out of their home park and go "Hey, isn't that _______?"

rlrcstrfreak
02-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Zingoman is right, they will most likely have a lot of things wrong, any little thing will get on me. Here is the official site, it shows osme cool footage and a POV of the ride: http://www.fd3movie.com/

w00dland
02-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Realistic? The rail of the coaster just magically broke into two pieces which caused the train to somehow do a full backflip?

Right...

zongaboy626
02-06-2006, 12:23 AM
if you watched the click you would see that bolts came loose beacuse of a rock that flew from under a venders cart and unscrewed it a little and the rest followed

Zingoman
02-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Wow. A rock from a vender's cart? that really does do the trick. I hate it when that happens. That is the number one cause of coaster derailment yunno. That's what happened on the West Edmonton Mindbender, WOF's Orient Express, and Disneyland's Space Mountain! I wish these designers would get it into their heads that designing rides to carry two ton trains full of people through heavy G forces is nothing compared to the power of a lose pebble. ;)

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2006, 07:40 AM
If anyone in the Charlotte area is intrested i have an extra sneek preview pass for FD3 tomorrow @ 7:30pm. This pass admits two people.

AMC 22 (Carolina Pavilion).

ImmelMatt
02-06-2006, 03:45 PM
http://iesb.net/newline2006/020106b.php

^ That's the link where you can see some nice little clips of the coaster accident.

Wowie zowie, this is totally bogus... and yes, people do end up dying post-coaster-accident-vision. It's full of stupidity though. The camera getting wrapped around the rail (would never happen), the coaster stopping mid-loop a la Demon only to start back up again. Oh but the best was right after the vision. The ops said "the chick's on something". Seriously, they've never seen someone freak out pre-launch? But the stupidest was they released only the back part of the train (sans pedal releases, all done from the panel), and launched the train without closing the back harness. This park is shoddier than anything SF owns!

I'm still gonna see it though, so I can laugh at how stupid it is amongst 100 other complete strangers ^_^

coasterlove
02-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I think it's a good sign for the movie that they are doing a huge sneak preview two days before the film releases on Friday. Often if the producers of a film think they have a bad film on their hands, they won't even screen it to critics beforehand. So it shows that they have confidence in their movies by showing it to thousands of fans across the country.

Chris, make sure to get there early before it starts. I thought about getting the tickets too for it here in Chicago but ended up not doing it. In the fine print for it though, it says that they have given out more passes than the auditorium will hold to ensure a full house. So get there early to make sure you get in.

annoyed
02-06-2006, 04:32 PM
this movie looks retarded

DisGardeVersal
02-06-2006, 05:08 PM
My favorite part is the angry ride manager, "Don't let them off, just the back!!" That, as well as the two idiot ride-ops that just won't let the kids in the front get off.

Bencerisback
02-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Hahahaha^

Unfortunately I am going to have to side with him (annoyed). I havent seen any of the others but I do know that the movie concept is great, however from the commercials it doesnt seem like the great concept will convert to a great movie in any of these 3 cases.

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Great videos, Some didn't work but the others were good. Can't wait till tomorrow night, Should be an intresting movie.

Ryan F
02-06-2006, 05:32 PM
I tried to sign up for free passes to an early screening but they didnt do it for Canadians (shame since it is a Canadian coaster)
But I made up an address and got two for Phoenix, AZ:)

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I got a ton of passes for the sneek preview here tomorrow. I have given most of them away. I'm trying to get about 50 people.

Carowinds 73-03
02-08-2006, 08:00 AM
GREAT MOVIE!!!! Or i thought so. The entire coaster scene was actually pretty amazing. It also explains why you should never take video cameras on the ride. The whole accident starts with they guy dropping his video camera.

I would say 4 out of 5 stars. Better than the 1st but i still think the 2nd one was better.

coasterlove
02-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Sweet, nice to hear a good review of it. I'll most likely see it this weekend, maybe Friday night and have a review up for it by Monday.

Carowinds 73-03
02-09-2006, 08:47 AM
It was so good i'm going to see it again tonight. I have more sneek peek passes.

Rex
02-09-2006, 09:36 AM
This movie is going to be awesome.
I haven't seen the screenings, but I know someone who did, and he's going to be watching it again on Friday. I'm going to go watch it tomorrow as well. I still have a hard time believing that they can top FD2, especially then ending scene.

zongaboy626
02-09-2006, 10:02 AM
HIGH TENSION Was much better

Pcw
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm probably not going to be able to see it in theaters since no one around here doesn't really want to see it that's over 17.

I'll probably get it on DVD, maybe they'll come out with a 3 pack.

steel
02-10-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm going just for the heck of it this weekend.
It will be fun to draw attention to myself with my uncontrollable laughter. Especially when the train gets stuck in the loop and suddenly it's three cars long and the loop itself is 20 stories tall. Also when the steel of the track is broken and somehow hollow and the train roars over it and rears up like some sort of wild animal.

Marcus
02-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Have my eyes decieved me, or was that an inversion sequence of loop, double corkscrew, double corkscrew, loop? I'll post more on this movie later.

coaster_kid89
02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
^^, um... track is hollow. I will hopefully go see it this weekend.

steel
02-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Hollow, yes, but not so hollow that there is about a millimeter of steel between the inside and the outside.

Ryan F
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Do you really think people know, or care, about that piece of pretty useless information?
Why would the people making the movie buy a brand new section of treack when they could just built a section of coaster track that looks like the real thing?

JordanMullins
02-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Though the whole coaster part looks fake, since the coaster would have past the camera before it hit the track unless it was thrown from his pocket, and if the train was slow enough to not beat the camera, the chances of it wrapping it-self like that are slim to none, and if the camera fell and wrapped itself all before the train came, then the train would simply shred the camera to pieces, a digital camera is no match to a speeding 3 ton car. The part with the track not connected, well, it is a vekoma...

rlrcstrfreak
02-10-2006, 07:47 PM
^ Ha, a vekoma... I think I might go see this movie this weekend. Not just for the coaster, but I think it looks good

Jerry S
02-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Though the whole coaster part looks fake, since the coaster would have past the camera before it hit the track unless it was thrown from his pocket, and if the train was slow enough to not beat the camera, the chances of it wrapping it-self like that are slim to none, and if the camera fell and wrapped itself all before the train came, then the train would simply shred the camera to pieces, a digital camera is no match to a speeding 3 ton car. The part with the track not connected, well, it is a vekoma...

Well, the camera fell at 9.81 m/s^2, while the train's acceleration due to friction, tangential forces, and slopes different from vertical, would be significantly less, so the samera would fall before the train, even though the train was already traveling with speed, keep in mind, so was the camera.

Carowinds 73-03
02-10-2006, 10:18 PM
The movie does get alot better after the opening coaster scene. I might go see it a 3rd time this weekend.

ImmelMatt
02-11-2006, 12:00 AM
By far, the best of the three. I loved the rollercoaster scene, but I was actually in total awe over the subway scene. I still can't believe that's the way they ended the movie

Best death (tie): Drive-Thru death and weight room death. You NEVER saw them coming!

Hammy2003
02-11-2006, 01:26 AM
I saw the movie tonight. It was good. I was impressed at how little there was to "laugh at," due to silly crap. The coaster seen had my heart pumping. Good movie. I'm a little prissy girl when it comes to blood and guts, and even worse, the sound that makes... ugh! I'm proud of myself for finishing it.

So funny, ya'll. I told my friends that it's the same company that made SFoG's Ninja. They, of course being very-GP, were frickin' out. LOL. GP-friends crack me up.

Did we decide if it was an Arrow or a Vekoma? Just wondering, not important.

A flaw my friend Robby pointed out. In the premonition, the guy's camera starts the whole thing. He got out, and was spared for then. But, what started the accident without the camera? Hm-m, am I forgetting something, or is that indeed a flaw?

Let's get over the fact that it's unrealistic. Truth is, IF all those things happened JUST LIKE THAT, it COULD happen. It's frickin' Hollywood, people. It's not supposed to be a simulation of what really could happen. It's to get your blood pumping... for suspense. It served its purpose in my book, and I liked it!

Ryan F
02-11-2006, 02:09 AM
http://www.rcdb.com/id319.htm
Vekoma...we've known this for awhile

Zingoman
02-11-2006, 03:05 AM
I will be seing the movie tomorrow night I think. I'm glad to hear some coaster buffs enjoyed it. It sounds like it will be worth seeing twice. I want to go with my little brother tomorrow, then I want to take my girlfriend since she can't go tomorrow, and we haven't been on a real date in like four months.

nickolas_adam69
02-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I saw it last night and thought it was amazing. Much better than the first 2. There are just so many moments when you think a person will die one way, but end up dying a completely different way. Although yes the camera did cause some of the deaths, I think it would've crashed anyways. One thing though, the ride in the movie is at least 5 times as big as the real ride.

Cephas
02-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I may be boycotting this movie, just because it’s so damn fake.

Marcus
02-11-2006, 01:54 PM
A funny thing occurred right before my friend and I got into the theatre. We were listening to the radio, and on our drive we listened to the Jim Rome Show, Rome is Burning. Anyways, Jim Rome takes a call from a guy in Denver, and this guy just goes on and on how Elitch Gardens is terrible. The guy says the place is full of gangs, "It looks like the opening seen of the Warriors", and that his children always say, "I'm afraid of Six Flags." Swear this was on 1:30 yesterday.

Also I want to add I feel that red devil in front of the coaster was taken from RCT3 copyrighted themeing.

And I just want to say from my experience, when someone on the coaster starts to panick and their is chaos in the station, ride ops don't go, "OMG the girl is hysteric, people are screaming and yelling, there's questions on safety, errr....ummm....efffftt...just..just DISPATCH THE TRAIN!"

steel
02-11-2006, 03:11 PM
This movie was... well, different, to say the least. I was about ready to kill those ops and their supervisor. Any real-life op would most likely be terminated for calling someone high in front of their supervisor just because they're freaking out pre-coaster.

Other than that, the best deaths were the nail gun and the weights.

Worst ending to any movie I've ever seen. It just... stopped.

medieval
02-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, but remember, its a movie. Its based on how death is after them, not how ride employees act.

zongaboy626
02-11-2006, 03:48 PM
AAAHHHGGG I am never going for a tan or going thru a drive thru again

nickolas_adam69
02-11-2006, 03:50 PM
i bet alot of tanning companies are pretty mad

Hammy2003
02-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I could definitely seen tanning bed manufacturers being more upset at this than the amusement industry. Makes you think.

The park they're in is more like a fair, from what I gathered. And we all know how the carnies aren't the best crowd. Even if it weren't a fair-type thing, park employees are not always the best people, and don't always follow the rules. Take, for instance, Six Flags Ohio (Geauga Lake now). LOL, if I didn't know about safety systems on rides, I'd feel unsafe there. So, it's all based on where you go, and what type of atmosphere you're in.

And like it's been said SO MANY TIMES... It's just a movie. LOL.

steel
02-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I really hope this movie doesn't get people scared of coasters. There isn't anything to be afraid of. Like that dude said in the movie, you're more vulnerable driving to the park than you are at the park.
Hopefully, the GP will remember that line and not think too much about the way the same dude died...

Jason19
02-11-2006, 11:32 PM
For anyone who has seen the movie...

The girl at the wharehouse, what'd her death with the staple gun have to do with her picture?

Can someone please explain the guy having his face shot real close? They think he'll die do to fireworks, so what does the subway have to do with the bright flash?

Also, her sister gets it out the window of the subway, what'd that have to do with her picture?

Thanks.

xtreme
02-11-2006, 11:48 PM
And I just want to say from my experience, when someone on the coaster starts to panick and their is chaos in the station, ride ops don't go, "OMG the girl is hysteric, people are screaming and yelling, there's questions on safety, errr....ummm....efffftt...just..just DISPATCH THE TRAIN!"
^^^^
what do you exspect there carnies.

imo the movie was great the sceen with the roller coaster was cool. but how did the lap bars end up relesing when the guy(i think his name was frank) with the camra got off.
8/10

mod edit: Oops I edited your posts

The girl at the wharehouse, what'd her death with the staple gun have to do with her picture?

in the picture she had a gun pointing at her head the gun symbolized the nail gun.

Hammy2003
02-12-2006, 12:29 AM

Can someone please explain the guy having his face shot real close? They think he'll die do to fireworks, so what does the subway have to do with the bright flash?

Also, her sister gets it out the window of the subway, what'd that have to do with her picture?

Thanks.

The dude was spared. Remember, at the celebration, a flame flares up in somebody's face. It was SUPPOSED to be him, but he escaped it that time. That's if I remember correctly.

And, I think the sister's picture was only useful to know that it was indeed her on the rollercoaster... cuz remember she had that bracelet on. Nothing more than that. There was no picture that went along wiht her death that I remember.

I think I'm gonna have to see it again.

I do remember thinking this was the coolest thing... about the tanning bed thing. When the main girl is in her room, her bobblehead starts bobbing and the desk lamp starts getting brighter and flickering. All that was corresponding to what was actually happening at that moment. The hot chicks in the tanning beds were listening to music, bobbing their heads, while the UV bulbs were getting hotter and brighter. Stuff like that I thought was cool.

I kinda thought the ending was cool. Cuz, up till then, we'd heard that "Death will Finish Them," but there's easily room for a Final Destination 4.

Oh, Xtreme, after 180 posts, you don't know about the EDIT button?!? Just rubbed me the wrong way, sorry to be anal about it.

Jason19
02-12-2006, 12:55 AM
^ Makes sense. How about the guys blurry face next to the main character who gets hit by the subway? What'd her picture have to do with being run down by a subway?

The two girls being toasted was some freaky stuff, why do parents cover their kids faces when the girls are nude, yet let them see that dude get it with engine blade?

Thanks.

Cid
02-12-2006, 01:53 AM
I don't know about the whole movie. There may be spoilers in this by the way.

First off I just can't get past the whole camera thing. That guy got off the train so that would of changed a lot of the crash sequence if not avoided the whole thing. The whole movie that bugged me.

Also the whole tanning bed death sequence is just getting old! I still know what you did last summer had the whole scene. Yeah I know she didn't die but there was the scare. Then Urban Legend 3 did it. I'm pretty sure there's even one or two movies that had the same freakin scene too. Enough already! Also I wonder if tanning bed people critize that scene as much as we do the coaster scene.

Other than that I found the movie to be enjoyable. They could of tied it into the first two a little better like the second one did but oh well.

steel
02-12-2006, 09:46 AM

Thanks.
First, the girl at the warehouse died from the nail gun because McKinley was holding a fake gun at her in their picture.

Second and third, the subway deaths were just death getting to the people it skipped. It had nothing to do with the pictures and everything to do with the lead's vision.
The guy whose pic was bright and all that thought a firework was going to explode in his face, but it was actually hot gas that would have killed him if noone had intervened.
The lead's sister's picture was of her demonstrating a rather rude hand gesture in the direction of her sister. She was doing the same thing when the horse's tether got her and she was being dragged to her possible death. Someone intervened, so death killed her on the subway.

Cid
02-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Also while she was flippin the camera off it looked like the carosel horse behind her was heading towards her.

Pcw
02-12-2006, 05:02 PM
I'll be going to see the movie eventually because I just checked my local cinema site and it posts the movie as 14A...while the movies site says R...

Anyone know any rumors/details for the DVD?

Ryan F
02-12-2006, 06:06 PM
the movie site is most likely American.
Remeber, Canadian and American rating standards are quite different, I think Canada is easier on the movies.

steel
02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
It is a very well rated movie in my opinion. Blood and gore await the viewer at every corner.
So yes, Canada is easier on movies.

Jerry S
02-17-2006, 01:09 PM
I love to be grossed out with blood and gore, only not in real life of course. The roller coaster scene didn't scare me as much as any other scene in all three movies, only because I knew how rediculous it was. When they showed a shaky piece of track, I said "that couldn't happen" to my friend and she said nervously "How do you know yes it could." So I guess the people making the movie know how to scare.

SPOILERS AHEAD WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD
I will tell when they are over

The part with the tanning beds was very fake. I mean, yes, people could be burned like that, and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in a movie. But, a drop of water, wouldn't short something like that would it? When the board fell between the beds, locking the girls in, Me and my friend were laughing because of the dumb coincidence.

The part with the truck was also very disgusting. Showing half a head fall off a body was unnecessary and made me jump behind somebody's seat. I blacked out for a split second.

When the swords broke the cord on the workout machine, causing weights to crash down and crush the guy's head between them, that was just funny.

The part at the home improvement store was also gross. I can't imagine being pressed to a wall, and then a nail gun discharging 10 nails through the back of my head into my face.

The part when a flagpole went through that girl was just dumb, it looked more like a parody then a serious death. When the sign fell on the dude at the fair, it reminded me of a similar death in FD2, so I wasn't that grossed out.

The last scene kindof made us all angry. We were watching, and it showed the subway train crash, we laughed when some huge metal thing hit the girl of the train, but when that guy's face and body got scraped against the wall, that was gross. Then the girl once again woke up from a dream, and we started yelling at the movie, thinking it was going to start with the "I saw a vision" crap again, but luckily, nobody was able to get off the train and they all died. Essentially, I thought it was a happy ending. No more survivors this time.

END SPOILERS NOW -- YOU MAY CONTINUE READING

It's a fun type of movie, but not for those that get sick easily. At the end of the movie, the people I was with all said "Whose idea was it to see this movie?" So I took responsibility, but it was fun anyway. I don't at all mind a fourth one, they're kinda cool. I can't imagine what other accident they could use though.

Maybe a ship that sinks, not that gory though. Maybe a shark attack. Even a tsunami or natural dissaster, but that could be insulting to some. I think this is the end though.

Sandy W
02-21-2006, 09:24 AM
I like a good scare and the added fact that a coaster is in this movie sounds good. I just hate lame endings though so I am thinking will I go or not. I set up displays and demo products. When I was in a store that I serviced yesterday they had the movie's poster up over the area where the registers are " This Ride will be the death of you" as its main point. Before that I had only seen one quick trailer on TV. Does the coaster part play a main roll or is it just one step along the way into telling the story.

Carowinds 73-03
02-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Just one step like in the other two movies (if you have seen them) The coaster scene is about 10-15 min long of the 2 hour movie.

rlrcstrfreak
02-25-2006, 09:57 PM
I just saw this movie. It was way better then I thought. It was a bit more realistic then I thought, but the coaster scene... it could happen, but the coaster was maintaned in a way no other coaster is.. atleast to my knowledge.. this overall was a good movie.. 9/10

Chris L
03-07-2006, 01:51 AM
The dude was spared. Remember, at the celebration, a flame flares up in somebody's face. It was SUPPOSED to be him, but he escaped it that time. That's if I remember correctly.

And, I think the sister's picture was only useful to know that it was indeed her on the rollercoaster... cuz remember she had that bracelet on. Nothing more than that. There was no picture that went along wiht her death that I remember.

I just got back from the movie and I can answer those questions. You're correct about the first part with the guy that had someone intervene, where the close-up shot all saturated was supposed to be a gas-ignited flame in his face from a BBQ that had a gas leak.

The main character's sister...her photograph wasn't the one of her hand and bracelet on the rollercoaster...it was of her at the carnival/fair throwing two middle fingers up and the carousel was in the background (horse) and an anchor-looking kind of object in the background (I think it was like some kind of prop?) of the picture. For anybody that remembers, she was supposed to die when the escaped horse (at the fireworks event) which had a rope attached to its muzzle ran by, knocking her over, and hooked the rope around her neck, dragged her and she was supposed to be impaled on some sort of grill-like steel frame below a carriage (the horse jumped over this) and that guy cut the rope with a sword just in time.

----

I think a good reason as to why the FD franchise is so successful and has a great impact on viewers is because it capitalizes on fears and potential dangers that everybody has on everyday situations and things. Here's a list of things that the movies have capitalized on and explored to exploit them as dangerous -

Deaths
- Commercial airlines
- Roller coasters
- Automobiles/Motorcycles/Freeways
- Knives
- Tanning beds
- Elevators
- Power tools
- Trains/Subways
- Construction equipment/machinery
- Gas leak (explosion)

"Close calls"
- Water/rain/electricity/lightning (electrocution)
- Kitchen food waste disposal
- Microwave oven (explosion)
- Medical tools
- Fireworks

Themes explored
- Death from being impaled
- Death from decapitation
- Death from falling from a great height
- Death from being burned
- Death through asphyxiation (choking or drowning)
- Death from electrocution
- Death from blunt force trauma (struck by fast-moving or falling object)
- Death from being crushed/smashed/run-over

Did I miss any? ;)

steel
03-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Yeah, death from being smooshed and having all the parts of the body flow simultaniously out of the nose.

coasterlove
03-07-2006, 12:12 PM
I finally saw the movie over the weekend and I thought it was pretty good. The coaster scene while definitely hard to believe, was entertaining and I was excited watching it. It was funny since I know for most people, it's just another opening death scene like the airplane or the highway crash, but for me it obviously was different. I wouldn't say it was good as the highway scene which I'd say is actually one of the best action scenes in a movie ever but it was good.

I liked the movie and many of the deaths were exciting and made you say out loud what you were thinking when it happened. The problem I did have with the movie was that too many of the deaths were strongly hinted at during the commercials and trailers. They weren't shown but once the chain of events started in almost every death scene, you knew it was going to happen then and sometimes even how.

SPOILERS

The tanning bed deaths were obviously shown quite extensively in commercials and trailers so we knew that was going to happen. The truck crashing into the car we saw, so as soon as they were at the drive thru, I recognized and knew partyl was going to happen. Although the actual death still surprised and got me. The home improvement store one, while I saw it in the commercial, we didn't know what was going to happen since we thought it might be the guy who gets killed by the falling building materials. Also the guy working out, we saw the swords falling in the trailer many times. And while that itself isn't what killed him, it led to his death just a moment later. So the whole scene, I knew his death would be related to that incident. Of course, much of this is my fault for watching the preview so many times. ;)

END SPOILERS

Overall, I liked it a lot but think the second is still probably my favorite.

7/10

And good post by Chris L. above. He hits (the girl in?) on the head as to why the series is popular. It can be scary because it shows how death unfortunately can happen just about anywhere at anytime. Even if most of the deaths are slightly on the unrealistic side with a little extra gore thrown in for good measure.

Rex
03-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Time for my review. I actually watched it opening night, and have just kept forgetting, I should go watch it again, it was awesome.

I would actually reccomend watching all the trailers first, because then the deaths become even more surprising, as ^ said. As for the story, I thought they would end up having trouble making a new story with a completely new cast, as they kind of ended the original story in FD2, but they did a prettyy damn good job on this one.

SPOILERS: AVERT YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!!!

The ending though, I think they could have done better, as good as the ending was, it was a serious styled ending as opposed to the comedic one in FD2. In this version, they have the lead girl have another preminition, exactly like the first, where all the remaining survivors died in a massive train wreck. She comes out of that lapse and the preminition starts coming true again. The screen then goes black, and you hear the train wreck in the surround sound of the theatre. That was great.

SPOILERS OVER.

Final verdict:
89 out of 100.
Great movie, especially if you're a fan of the series. Not really as good as FD2, but pretty damn close. I thought the photography for clues kind of brought the story away from the classic FD style, but it still worked in a way. Made things a bit too lacking in myseriousness though. But still, definitely worth watching, and again.

bk2004
03-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Daaang I still haven't see this movie!! I want to real bad...

Ryan F
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok, I finally saw it, and my friend brought up a really good point.
The main cause for the rollercoaster accident was the idiot dropping his camera which wrapped around the track and was then struck by the train. Then as we all know, everything else bad happened.
But...if the guy got off the ride, how did the ride crash? Besides the few little hydraulic leaks and such, the ride had no reason to crash. The restraints wouldn't have opened without the train hitting the camera, and the rest of the ride would've stayed together.

TopGun77
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
I think the reason it crashed like that is because if it didn't then there wouldn't really be a movie.

Jerry S
08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
I was kind of hoping that all the survivors from the sceond one would get killed in this one.

Ryan F
08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I think the reason it crashed like that is because if it didn't then there wouldn't really be a movie.
There could still be a movie...
The girl with the vision would see that the coaster doesnt crash and she must be going crazy. But then everyone starts dying in weird, semi-gruesom ways that were dictated by the pictures she took.
Plus, it would've been a good twist. She has the vision about the ride, but then nothing like it happens.

TopGun77
08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
It would be an interesting twist, but this is a Final Destination movie, and has formula to follow. Plus, if it didn't crash then nobody would realize what was going on, because they wouldn't beleive that it would have crashed had they been on it. And then why would death come after these kids if it didn't end up crashing the ride? Much easier to just have it crash and avoid all the trouble.

But really, the point I was trying to make is that discussing logic in a movie like this is pointless.

siestakey
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
This movie didn't make sense to me at all. The guy with the camera got off the coaster so it shouldn't have happened. And plus, in the vision the guy fell first (the one who got killed by the the falling sign) and then the girl, (the on who got nails through her face) so why did she die first if he let go of the restraint and fell before her?
A good twist would be: the whole movie was a vision, including the vision, and it ends and all that is going to happen. Or she just gets on the ride.

Ryan F
08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
The girl died first because when the guy was abotu die (sharp pieces of wood and giant shelf falling on him) he was pushed out of the way. When he got pushed out of the way the girl got pushed into the nail gun and killed.
He would've lived after that, but he needed his revenge and tried to kill whats-her-face and got killed in the process.