PDA

View Full Version : PKD Update

ghosta
08-12-2003, 05:06 PM
A close friend of mine has recieved word about what is happening at Kings Dominion. He works at the hurler, if any of you are wondering. He has told me that the construction near avalanche is for a "family ride." And that Diamond Falls is gone and they are not sure what they are going to add there. He told me there were some other plans, but he could not tell me at the time. I will keep you updated when I recieve further information.

CFRJfan
08-13-2003, 12:49 PM
I think we pretty much figured it out that a sally dark ride themed to scooby doo is going in the spot next to avalanche.

(slightly off topic) Ghosta,have you heard anything recently about what if anything may be going on at SFA? I started an 04 construction thread based around the rumored coaster but no one seems to be replying to it,so if you hear anything new be sure to let us know.

James
08-14-2003, 12:04 PM
where is the TR show?

CFRJfan
08-22-2003, 01:25 PM
I read on coasternet today that it's official,Scooby doo & the haunted mansion (dark ride) will be added in 04.

The ride replaces the snagglepuss's parachute school attraction in kidzville,does anyone know if there's a 2nd ride coming in 04 to replace DF? preferably a huss giant ride.

joshg678
09-19-2003, 01:11 PM
in 05 they should get a big coaster.

Skye
09-19-2003, 01:52 PM
is this dark ride a coaster?

bk1870
09-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah, they need a big hyper! That would be a great addition! :D
They need a new big coaster to there collection!

Wes
10-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Skye
is this dark ride a coaster?

The scooby-doo dark rides have all been Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion I think. We have one at PC and it's basically a scaled down version of Men In Black, very similar to that ride, except it's not nearly as well done. But the same primise, you shoot ghosts, instead of aliens as you ride through the course.

But definetley not a coaster, although it is fun.

I also hope that PKD gets a hyper (if PC doesn't get one) lol. I'm really surprised too PKI hasn't got one at this point (sob not counting, talking steel here). They do after all have to compete with all the other Ohio parks, and others.