PDA

View Full Version : PKI's King Cobra as of 8/03

Hank
08-30-2003, 02:17 AM
I noticed some track of King Cobra at PKI when I was there a couple of weeks ago - it was in the "graveyard section" that used to be the Animal Safari. I had thought that this coaster was sold to some park in Europe. What is the latest with this?

Chip
08-30-2003, 02:30 AM
As far as I know, it's still sitting in the graveyard. There was a rumor that it got moved to Terra Mitica in Spain, but their new coaster ended up being a Vekoma SLC. I think that rumor started when Paramount acquired Terra Mitica. I think I've also heard a rumor of it moving to a park in South America.

TopThrillMagnum
08-30-2003, 12:23 PM
I also heard about it maybe moving to a park in South America. I saw it in the graveyard over the summer, though.

cedarpointfreak
08-31-2003, 02:05 PM
its still for sale at http://www.italintl.com/coaster/index.htm

James
09-01-2003, 12:46 AM
didnt someone say it was going to that park in the south that is getting the "SLC+"coaster for 2004?

LoCoSuMo
09-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Why do I have the feeling that even after all this speculation that it's still going to be sold for scrap?

Leo C
09-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Those really tall cement footings I could see while riding Adventure Express belonged to the King???

Hank
09-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Yes!

Leo C
09-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Hank
Yes! I guess they could have been for the turn around area after the helix? Does anyone have a better idea than I?

bk2004
02-24-2005, 05:02 PM
At one time the track was in FOF's hanger. That was pretty interesting to see. So were the trains and lift. I guess everything was.

I wonder why they moved it to outside. I guess since it's been a while and nobody is going to buy it they won't try to protect it or take care of it anymore. It'll probably sit out there and rust. Hey, maybe a piece or two might turn up on Ebay! :D

reon
02-24-2005, 06:06 PM
*points at sig* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
king cobra used to be my favorite ride there!

Brian F
02-25-2005, 12:46 AM
If they sell it as scrap, I'd like to know when- I could use some of that steel!

I'd still rather see it go back up, though.

Gemini78
02-25-2005, 05:46 PM
I wonder if they would even care if someone just went back there and took something from the pile of KC stuff? I wouldn't be surprised to see something from it turn up on E-Bay either.

rainbow_brite
03-10-2005, 01:32 AM
King Cobra was my favorite ride there. I wish that someone would buy it. I agree, I'd rather see it go back up than be sold for scrap metal.

PANTSFREE
03-11-2005, 05:52 PM
id love to see it go back up somewhere, preferrably on the east coast of the US... That ride was awesome, the one trip I took to PKI where it was still up I marathoned it and had a blast... good times good times...

CP_CollegeGuy
03-11-2005, 06:44 PM
I HATED that ride! It was by far the most painful experience ive ever had on a coaster. I just wanted off. It felt like I was beat in the ribs with a bat because of those stupid harnesses. I am glad they dismantled that thing. At least maybe now the space can be used for a better purpose.

Gemini78
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
They have already put some, if not most of that land to good use with Delirium. I never got to ride it, and I can't remember if it was there the first and only time I visited PKI, which was about 4 or 5 years ago.

Bratman
03-14-2005, 02:38 PM
If you are still interested in riding KC......... PCW has a clone of it in the form of Skyrider..........

sfft_2108
06-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Don't know why I brought this back... though I was just looking at RCDB and a random picture of it came up. I never knew about this coaster. So I did a search and well here you go.

It looks like a nice little coaster. Rough though.

Chris L
06-21-2006, 05:32 PM
^ You mean it looked like a nice little coaster? Rought? Ya, I would assume so, considering it's nearly the exact same thing as PKD's ShockWave and that was not that comfortable or thrilling.

sfft_2108
06-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Forgive me.... It looked like a nice little coaster. RIP.

Checks out ShockWave on rcdb...

JamMasterJ
06-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I usually ride Shockwave when I go, as it hardly ever has a wait...it is pretty rough, but I enjoy it.

sfft_2108
06-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Boy do they restraints look awful. They look uncomfortable.

JamMasterJ
06-21-2006, 06:08 PM
They are rather obnoxious. The B&M standups are much better.

bradjudd
06-22-2006, 02:19 AM
It was nice while it was there, but they needed to invest in somthing new and better. although i like longer coasters or rides and delerium is not one of them...ur one and then ur off 1 minute later....but KC wasnt that long either...neither is Face/Off...im pretty sice of KI myself...that havnt had a new ride in for ever....Italian Job was pretty lame. Cedar Point may have less coasters, but atleast they are better. I have heard so many rumors whay they took KC down....whats the true story...i heard an old lady fell out...my mom almost fell out when she was a teenager. lol...thats not really funny..ne ways...

brad

CrymeLord
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Delirium is fun, but I'd rather have a coaster than not. KC's stats are eerily similar and going by the pics I saw, looks like Shockwave. If KC is a slight variation of Shockwave, then I have no remorse for it.

Shockwave is an awful ride that debuted as a gimmick, and is currently nothing but short, soulless coaster. No offense to its fans, which I'm sure grew up loving it.

Pcw
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
^Your post kind of contradicts itself.
You start off by saying you'd rather have a coaster but then you say you don't care about the coaster...:confused:

^^Cedar Point has more coasters than PKI. In fact, the park has the most coasters in the world (that operate but I don't want to start some big debate about this).

PANTSFREE
06-22-2006, 10:02 PM
It was nice while it was there, but they needed to invest in somthing new and better. although i like longer coasters or rides and delerium is not one of them...ur one and then ur off 1 minute later....but KC wasnt that long either...neither is Face/Off...im pretty sice of KI myself...that havnt had a new ride in for ever....Italian Job was pretty lame. Cedar Point may have less coasters, but atleast they are better. I have heard so many rumors whay they took KC down....whats the true story...i heard an old lady fell out...my mom almost fell out when she was a teenager. lol...thats not really funny..ne ways...

brad
^ One of the most horribly wrong post ever constructed.

King Cobra was a helluva lot better then Shockwave, much smoother. It had a totally bad ass trick track sections...

Bratman
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
If you are looking for an exact clone of King Cobra... come up to PCW. we have the exact same coaster in Skyrider, and its not all that bad.

bradjudd
06-23-2006, 12:22 AM
i wasnt saying ne thing about shockwave....i dont even know what it is...i have only been to Kentucky Kingdom, Kings Island, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens in FL, Indiana Beach, and Holiday World. I didnt really think about how many coasters CP and PKI had...i was probably thinking of the ones worth riding...Like TTD, MF, and raptor. Those were my favorite, but PKI has Beast, son of Beast, Vortex, Face/off, and flight of fear...i didnt really care for CP's wooden roller coasters. And i wasnt saying ne thing bad about King Cobra...i just thought it was kind of boring...U basically go up a hill down a hill, through a loop, a couple helixes, a few hills, and then ur done...and its all in the same general area...i like rides like MF becase it is spread out and Flight of fear because it is so crammed....and i am new to this site so be nice. lol.

CrymeLord
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
^Your post kind of contradicts itself.
You start off by saying you'd rather have a coaster but then you say you don't care about the coaster...:confused:

Yeah. I'm saying that I'd rather have a crappy coaster than a non-coaster ride. I never rode KC, so I can't say. Some say it is way better than Shockwave. My memory of Shockwave is Loop, turn (or two), doubld-helix, back to station (maybe there is a bunny hill in there somewhere). Is KC different?

bradjudd
06-23-2006, 03:48 PM
pretty much the same to tthat description

coasterqueen
06-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I haven't been to PKI yet this year but I thought they shipped the KC parts last year sometime. I guess I was wrong. :-)

-Tina

Pcw
06-23-2006, 10:53 PM
^^^KC is lift, turn right, drop, loop, helix, hill, trick track, turn right, bunny hops, brake run, turn to station. Confusing lol

SkootersFan
06-25-2006, 08:03 PM
King Cobra is still in place at the park. Track behind FOF and SOB, and trains inside the FOF drum.

PCW Maniac
06-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Maybe MarineLand should buy King Cobra.

Griswold
06-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah we went on a "lights on" tour of the drum inside FOF once with ACE and they had the trains inside. KC was my first looper.