PDA

View Full Version : Knott's Berry Farm '04

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chris L
08-01-2003, 12:22 AM
There have been rumors about a B&M/Intamin Inverted coaster for months already, coupled with the fact that General Manager Jack Falfas mentioned something about the announcement for next season's capital during the Winter Coaster Solace event in December.

James
08-01-2003, 03:05 AM
did they put anything where the roto shake was?...if noot do you think anything will go in its spot?

Chris L
08-01-2003, 03:28 AM
Hammerhead is still there and operating. The rumor was that it will be removed by the end of this year. The Inverted coaster has supposedly nothing to do with Hammerhead - rumors point that it will roam the current area known as Indian Trails and by the Church by Reflection Lake.

radioactiveduck
08-02-2003, 02:33 AM
Awesome. The more inverts the better. As long as they aren't vekomas.

Chris L
08-04-2003, 11:39 PM
If this does pull through as rumored, it will mark itself as California's third B&M inverted coaster (Top Gun, Batman The Ride, ___), fourth closed-circuit inverted coaster (Top Gun, Batman The Ride, Kong, ___), and seventh overall inverted coaster (Top Gun, Batman The Ride, Kong, Invertigo, Déjà Vu, Vertical Velocity, ___).

fanramones
08-05-2003, 03:59 PM
holy crap!!!! where did you hear this knotts is my home park and i havent heard a word?that would be really cool i wanna ride a B&M inverted at my homepark

Alex T
08-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Hasn't the B&M been rumored for a long time now? I think I can remember rumor of an invert before Xcelerator. I think it would be a great addition to the park, but I'm not sure if they'll get one.

Seahawk
08-05-2003, 11:30 PM
B&M inverted for Knotts? Yes. For 2004? No. Sorry, kids, but that's the truth. Maybe in another year.

BGW Guy
08-09-2003, 05:03 PM
And why do you say that SeaHawk.

Morgan
08-09-2003, 07:19 PM
It's Worlds Of Fun's turn to get an inverted.

Chris L
08-09-2003, 08:01 PM
There is no "his/her turn" when it comes to capital. If Worlds of Fun has the ROI to call for something as large as an investment as an Inverted coaster then it'll happen, but chances are - it won't.

Seahawk
08-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Worlds of Fun is getting something smaller, probably a mouse. Knott's is getting nothing. I remember hearing that Mr. Falfas spoke at Coaster Solace (which was in March, not December) of an announcement coming in July, and everyone was supposed to get the connection with the end the light & water show on Reflection Lake. But it's been put off. They never announced it, it's just going to wait a year, probably. I guess company-wide attendance being way below plan has something to do with it - Cedar Point is about even with last year, but it WAY below what they would be if Dragster was running reliably, and Dorney totally lost the spring because of weather. But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. If it's going to happen, it'll probably be announced in the next four weeks. If any of the other CF parks announce their stuff and Knott's doesn't, then there's your answer.

Chris L
08-10-2003, 07:53 PM
I can't argue that. It's not like Knott's hasn't put off an entire year before. Plus, La Revolucion and Joe Cool's Gr8-Sk8 were new additions for the 2003 season, and with Xcelerator's reputation still being spread throughout the southland and its momentum still strong, there is a good chance we won't see anything big until 2005.

fanramones
08-11-2003, 05:52 PM
seriously but they are good in my book anyway

ride6
08-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Yeah, really. Knotts looks kick @$$ man! Not to mention that there are rumors of Michigans Adventure getting something big enough to make me go back.... hmmm. Still those are rumors so we'll have to wait and see.

bk1870
08-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, its a great park! And they have awesome rides for what amount of land that they have! Everything that they get, they take care of it really well! I think that its time for it to be on the top ten list! :D

fanramones
08-11-2003, 10:06 PM
They need to use the land across the street that they own because it is big enough for a compact coaster or one that crosses the road over the street !!

Chris L
08-11-2003, 10:12 PM
If you're talking about the storage lot, then keep dreaming 'cause there is no way a coaster would be approved by the city to jump the street and finish off in that lot like you suggested.

Jason19
08-12-2003, 06:02 AM
It'll be a ride named after an 80's beer.

G-Farce
08-13-2003, 08:55 PM
"Bud Dry"????

Jason19
08-14-2003, 03:39 AM
80's beer. It's made using only the finest ingredents. :) It's a 90's beer too. But was popular in the 80's. :-p

Natty2
09-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Go to cycloneracer.com they are trying to bring back the cyclone racer, the "world's greatest ride." Not a rumor. See for yourself at cycloneracer.com. There is a vote for which park it should be placed in if they rebuild the legendary 1920's wooden racer. Knott's was one of the parks.

fanramones
09-04-2003, 07:01 PM
I think building the cyclone racer at knotts is a great idea, but i doubt it'll happen ever in this world (unless luck be on thy side)

Jhcbiinoc
09-05-2003, 03:58 AM
For what it's worth, I read on Screamscape that the new Knott's coaster was going to be called "Silver Bullet". I'm starting to think in light of the announcement about another Cedar Fair park, Dorney, and the fact that the layout of the new Knotts is rumored to not have a zero-g roll that the new ride for Knotts could end up being a floorless, but who knows. In any case I look forward to seeing a full circuit steel looping coaster lasting hopefully more than a minute at Knotts!

NateHuckabone
09-07-2003, 06:09 PM
I've heard that Knott's has obtained the permits to move the Church next to Reflections lake over to the INdependence Hall Lot. As for the Invert that seems like a good choice considering they already have a woodie, an intamin, a boomerang, a shuttle loop. But I've also hear drumors that the new coaster might be placed over by Ghostrider. As for that theory about using the lot across the street, I think that sometime in the DISTANT future Knott's will use the land but not without taking out that cross street altogether. Who knows........

Chris L
09-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Here it is - Knott's Southern California Resort 2004 is now official -

BUENA PARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 9, 2003--
-- Theme Park Makes Room for 2004 Capital Project --

Knott's multi-denominational church rescued from demolition in 1955 by Walter Knott will be moving to a more convenient location with easier access for church goers. The Church of Reflections has been a staple at Knott's ever since Mr. Knott moved the 1876 church from its original location in Downey. The Knott's Berry Farm founder had the clapboard church taken down and rebuilt it in its current location among the stagecoach, steam train and roller coasters.

"Moving the church to a location outside the gates of the park provides more convenient access, including close-in free parking and handicapped parking immediately in front. We are rebuilding the structure as close to its original state as possible, including maintaining the original stained glass windows, but ensuring the building meets earthquake safety standards and mandated codes. A new landscaping plan is in place and the structure will be surrounded with a secure fenced enclosure," Jack Falfas stated in a letter to the congregation on Sunday.

For the first time in the church's history within the boundaries of the theme park, the small house of prayer will add a Children's Ministry program beginning this Sunday. "With the relocation, we have the opportunity to expand the congregation and provide more programs such as the Children's Ministry. We're very excited about the possibilities," explained Pastor John A. Johnson. The pastor has been leading the congregation at the Church of Reflections for the past year, since the retirement of longtime pastor Sheldon Perrine. In addition to the youth program, the church Pastoral Council is considering adding more worship services in the hopes of growing the core congregation.

Moving the church to its new location adjacent to the Park Pavilion Picnic Center on the East side of Beach Boulevard will enable Knott's to expand other capital projects on the existing site. To remain competitive within the amusement industry, future growth includes a major capital addition in late 2004 with a complete unveiling of the plans after the park's October Halloween Haunt event. The last service in the current structure will take place on October 5. The inaugural service in the new location will be November 16, 2003.

Capital improvement plans for 2004 total $5 million, including the installation of Rip Tide, a $3 million thrill ride that will twist and turn 38 brave riders in awesome 360-degree arcs, eventually soaring 59 feet into mid-air. The new attraction will be located within the Boardwalk area replacing The Hammerhead attraction. Rip Tide is scheduled to debut in the Spring.

Knott's Berry Farm Theme Park is owned and operated by Cedar Fair, L.P., a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Knott's, Cedar Fair owns and operates five other amusement parks and five water parks, and operates a seventh amusement park under a management contract.

www.businesswire.com

bk1870
09-09-2003, 09:03 PM
I think that a good original and custom inverted layout will fit good for knotts!!!!! :usa:

Chris L
09-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Here's another press release this time courtesy of Orange County Register www.ocregister.com

It gives a more detailed description of Rip Tide - the $3 million floorless Top Spin from Huss that will be replacing the park's Zamperla-designed Roto-Shake, Hammerhead.

Steeple space
Separation of church and park will let Knott's build a new roller coaster.
By MICHELE HIMMELBERG
The Orange County Register

BUENA PARK – The only church in the world located inside a major theme park is moving out.

The Church of Reflections, located for 48 years in the heart of Knott's Berry Farm, will be moved to a Knott- owned site across Beach Boulevard to give the congregation room to grow and Knott's room for a major new roller coaster in late 2004.

The church, rescued from demolition by Walter Knott in 1955, will hold its last service inside the park Oct. 5. The roof, the steeple, 15 stained- glass windows and other items will move, but most of the structure will be rebuilt to meet building codes.

The first service in the new location is planned for Nov. 16.

Knott's also said it will open a spinning attraction called Rip Tide next spring, followed by a "major capital addition" late next year in the church's current location. Details will be announced in November.

The developments signal another step in the evolution of the park from its family-owned roots to a corporate-owned park competing with other major players in the industry. Cedar Fair L.P. bought Knott's theme park in December 1997.

READY TO GROW
Knott's Berry Farm will expand as it moves the church outside the theme-park gates. Knott's said Tuesday it will open a new attraction called Rip Tide next spring.
Vehicle: A floorless gondola with two rows of back-to-back seating; maximum 38 passengers
Action: Visitors soar 59 feet into the air, completing 13 full revolutions a minute while also spinning head over heels.
Minimum height requirement: 48 inches
Ride time: 2 minutes
Cost: $3 million
Manufacturer: Huss, Germany

In a letter to the church's congregation, Knott's General Manager Jack Falfas said: "We are rebuilding the structure as close to its original state as possible ... but ensuring the building meets earthquake- safety standards and mandated codes. A new landscaping plan is in place, and the structure will be surrounded with a secure fenced enclosure."

Moving the church outside the gates of the park makes it more convenient for the congregation to access, Falfas said. Members have been allowed to check in and out of the park on Sundays to worship with the multi-denominational congregation, but it was a long walk for some.

The church also plans to add a children's ministry for the first time in its history and hopes to add more worship services. It now holds about 150 people.

"With the relocation, we have the opportunity to expand the congregation and provide more programs," said Pastor John A. Johnson. "We're very excited about the possibilities."

Johnson has led the congregation at the Church of Reflections for a year, taking over after longtime pastor Sheldon Perrine retired.

In 1955, Walter Knott had the church taken apart piece by piece and rebuilt on what would become a thriving theme park. It's now located almost at the center of the park, among stagecoaches, steam trains and roller coasters. Members could hear the occasional scream or laughter coming from the park during services.

Along with Sunday services, and drop-in visits, the church welcomed nearly 200 couples a year as they exchanged marriage vows. Knott's will continue to book weddings at the church, said Susan Tierney, a park spokeswoman.

The church was built in 1876 for a congregation that worshiped at the time of the Gold Rush. By the mid-50s, it had become the First Baptist Church of Downey and the congregation had outgrown the building. When Knott heard it was going to be demolished, he offered to move it to Buena Park.

Knott, his family and employees attended services over the years. The church earned its name for the reflected beauty of its steeple on the adjacent Reflection Lake.

In another area of the theme park, called the Boardwalk, Knott's will remove a ride called Hammerhead to make room for Rip Tide, a $3 million spinning ride that's part of a $5 million capital improvement plan for 2004, Tierney said.

The new attraction will twist and turn riders as it soars 59 feet into mid-air. Hammerhead reached a height of 82 feet and also was a spinning-type ride. It was only 7 years old, but apparently did not have a high passenger count.

The major new coaster expected at the end of 2004 will count toward the 2005 capital improvements. Knott's introduced riders to Xcelerator in June 2002. The $13 million coaster is the first to use a hydraulic launch and reaches speeds of 80 mph on a steel track.

Chris L
09-13-2003, 03:34 AM
http://www.mondialrides.com/ie/products/splashover/large8.jpgHere's (http://www.mondialrides.com/ie/products/splashover/large8.jpg) an idea as to what Rip Tide should look like. However, the Mondial Top Spin pictured in that link is not floorless and isn't utilizing a back-to-back seating setup like Rip Tide will.

James
09-15-2003, 11:16 PM
umm for a pic you should have showed a superflip because they sit back to back.....

slipknot8527
09-15-2003, 11:22 PM
I am so flat ride stupid...I know no names of any flat rides or models..... Care to explain exactly what this thing does?

Chris L
09-15-2003, 11:24 PM
sfne stinks -

Yeah, but I thought that photograph would have fit best for the description - seeing as to how Rip Tide will have two gondolas (with back-to-back) seating, and those fountains seen in the photo is probably something close to what Rip Tide will look like (The Boardwalk area is a beach-themed seaside area).

Chris L
09-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Well, the name of the new ride is semi-confirmed. Here's the link (http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=j2ehgi.2.1) to the site showing Knott's registering the name Silver Bullet as a Trademark/Service Mark for use on future merchandise. I doubt it could be anything else other than the new for late 2004 coaster. I mean, they had previously just announced the $3 million Rip Tide and relocation of the Church of Reflections.

bk1870
09-17-2003, 09:42 PM
Everybody is saying that the church is being moved for a new coaster, and all they announced was a flat ride! Am i missing something!?!?!

Or is the coaster not offical yet, but people are so sure that there getting one in 04'?

DHollon
09-17-2003, 11:08 PM
A friend and I did some searching on USPTO and he found that Knotts (Cedar Fair) has the Trademark for SILVER BULLET . It's all registered and ready to go. It was filed on 5/28/03 and its serial number is 76517716.

Here's the URL to the exact page on USPTO's server that talks about it.
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=j2ehgi.2.1

Well I guess the rumors about Project: Silver Bullet were correct afterall.

------------------
:sun: SWOOSH :sun:
MidwestInfoGuide.COM

"Worlds of Fun 2004 - Prepare to SQUEAK with Delight!"

cedarpointfreak
09-17-2003, 11:18 PM
very good detective work

Aaron
09-17-2003, 11:19 PM
At least it's a decent name. Good job.

Chris L
09-17-2003, 11:53 PM
bk1870 -

Why didn't you read the articles that were posted in this thread? (I think the 2nd page). It has all the information to answer every question you asked in that post.

Chip
09-18-2003, 12:36 AM
I merged this topic with the previous topic on Knott's plans.

joshg678
09-19-2003, 12:54 PM
ok, well A B&M at knotts would be cool, i would like to see that there, but they have no room there.

Chris L
09-19-2003, 04:22 PM
I think we'll be surprised as to how they'll pull it off. :) ;)

ImmelMatt
10-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Well, aren't they moving the church so they can get that room? A B&M Invert would be nice, but I want it to be a custom B&M Flyer. I just wanna see more flyers. Either way, we won't know what Project: Silver Bullet is until, and at the earliest, Rip Tide is unveiled (which should also be a good flat ride with the floorless design).

radioactiveduck
10-19-2003, 02:43 PM
What is Rip Tide?

Chris L
10-19-2003, 03:37 PM
......we talked about it in detail in this thread, just go back some pages or even use the search function.

Jason19
10-20-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by kraxleRIDAH
I think we'll be surprised as to how they'll pull it off. :) ;)

I think you'll be shocked at what they remove to get this in Kraxleridah. A few shops will be closing their doors.:(

Seahawk
10-22-2003, 12:24 PM
I don't even think they'll have to remove much more than they have already. Reflection Lake took a lot of space, and the coaster's not going to take up that much room - even a mid-size B&M inverted (115-135 feet tall) can repeat on itself enough to fit in there. What I want to know is . . . will they fill the Lake again, or any part of it, once the ride's done? We should know in a few weeks, supposedly they're announcing in early November.

OK, so I was wrong back there on the first page. But only by half a year. Fall/winter 2004 is better than spring/summer 2005 anyway.

willski2002
10-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Why would they remove Hammerhead? It looks fun!

fanramones
10-22-2003, 09:46 PM
yeah Hammerhead is fun!!!.....until the Automatic Restraints cut off the circulation of blood under your waist...

Jason19
10-23-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Seahawk
[BWhat I want to know is . . . will they fill the Lake again, or any part of it, once the ride's done?[/B]

The lake will remain. This ride will also be HUGE!!!! Very sad to see a few shops are closing.:(

Seahawk
10-23-2003, 03:25 PM
If they're keeping the lake underneath, that's VERY cool. Dragster notwithstanding, I so dislike when parks fill in bodies of water to make room for more stuff - if anyone here is old enough to remember, there used to be lakes all over AstroWorld and they all got filled in one by one over the years.

Hammerhead apparently had operational problems all along and I heard Knott's just finally got fed up and said enough, that's why it's going.

raser
10-29-2003, 11:53 AM
I really think that Dragster would look even better if it was over water. Could SFWoa build a ride similar that projects out into the lake and up and back?

Chris L
10-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by willski2002
Why would they remove Hammerhead? It looks fun!

It is a maintenance nightmare and is very costly to maintain and operate. The motor that rotates the platform needs to be replaced every two months, I believe.

Jhcbiinoc
10-30-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm curious to see exactly what the layout of the Silver Bullet is going to be. I have no idea but based on what I have heard comparing it to Great Bear and Talon I'm going to guess it will have a loop, immelman, zero-g and at least one flat spin. I sincerely hope the rumor of no zero-g roll is false one; I'd rather see it have a zero-g instead of a cobra roll. In any case, I guess we will all find out soon enough.....

slipknot8527
11-03-2003, 02:53 AM
an inverted with no g roll is like a hyper with no airtime......

Jason19
11-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Stroller Rental building is going bye-bye. One place being taken out to make room for this massive roller coaster.

Jhcbiinoc
11-05-2003, 05:15 AM
I'm not entirely sure on this, but I recall seeing something somewhere about a possible press release first week of November, so maybe more details are going to be out in the next few days.

SfgaMan
11-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by raser
I really think that Dragster would look even better if it was over water. Could SFWoa build a ride similar that projects out into the lake and up and back?

SFWoA was sued by the city (which ever city that it's in(Akron mabe)) because the built Batman: Knight Flight in the swampy area connected to the LAKE. If they were to build into the lake they would receive further fines and wouldn't be given a building permit and clearance from the city to proceed with construction anyway.

Although, if they drained the lake partially and possibly filled in parts I don't know what the city could do.
:rolleyes:

Chris L
11-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Dragster over water would not make sense. When have you seen raceways over water?

fanramones
11-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Even though it makes no sense i think it would make the ride even cooler than it already is, which is a very hard thing to do...

Chris L
11-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Silver Bullet information was informally released today (11/21/03) by Amusement Today. Here are the ride specifications from the private interview conducted with Knott's Southern California Resort General Manager Jack Falfas -

Moniker: Silver Bullet
Make/Model: Bolliger & Mabillard/Inverted
Project: $16 million USD
Maximum Drop: 126-feet
Track Length: 3,125-feet
Rolling Stock: Two trains
Ride Duration: 2.5 minutes
Other: 105-foot tall vertical loop

www.amusementtoday.com/extra.html

Jhcbiinoc
11-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Shoot-someone beat me to it. Will be nice to have a machine like this at my home park. I'm wondering if the official press release from Knott's with concept art, etc,. will be out today or Monday. Rumor has it that while the drop is 126 feet the coaster itself is significantly higher, but only time will tell. Will be interesting to see how it fits in the area they have for it!

BryanWood
11-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SfgaMan
SFWoA was sued by the city (which ever city that it's in(Akron mabe)) because the built Batman: Knight Flight in the swampy area connected to the LAKE. If they were to build into the lake they would receive further fines and wouldn't be given a building permit and clearance from the city to proceed with construction anyway.

Although, if they drained the lake partially and possibly filled in parts I don't know what the city could do.
:rolleyes:

It was a federal agency that threatened to sue if BKF messed with the marshlands too much. They have special concrete supports that don't interfere with it. The marshlands are only on the north side of the lake, so the south and west side is open if the neighbors in Aurora won't complain...but they will. :(

Knott's case is different, they don't have to deal with a precious part of the eco-system. :rolleyes:

Aaron
11-22-2003, 12:30 AM
"And Knotts spoke unto the people, and it said to them, 'Silver Bullet, it shall be called, built by B&M with a 126 foot drop, a 3,125 foot long track, and six inversions, including a 105 foot loop. And the people heard the news. And there was much rejoicing"

Seriously, this is great news. We need a new inverted down here.

Leo C
11-22-2003, 09:43 PM
If this ride is as kick ass as Talon is here in the Northeast, I'm pretty sure this will be the top invert in Cali. Kudos to them....

Rocket Air
11-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Only two trains... score!

Two trains = no block brake = nonstop action.

Ex:
Talon
Nemesis
Nemesis Inferno
Top Gun
Top Gun: the Jet Coaster
B:tR
Dueling Dragons

swdrumcp
11-23-2003, 05:24 PM
16 milllion is a pretty expensive invert, I think talo was only like 13. So this should be one of B&Ms large imverts, not a compact, should be a very nice ride, might be one of the last inverts to be built in the us!

Chris L
11-23-2003, 06:01 PM
I think that $16 million is for the entire project, not just the coaster itself. So a portion of that money goes into revamping the entire area in preparation for the installation of the actual coaster.

bk2004
11-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Every year the price of a coaster goes up because of inflation & expescially for the builders sake. Anyways, this will be a good coaster to look at. Over a lake, right by the footpaths, just like Raptor! Alot of people will just be sitting there watching it! Knott's will be very pleased to have made this decision!

Jhcbiinoc
11-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Based on the layout I have seen a NoLimits recreation of-which I'm not sure is real or not but looks like it could be-a bit of that $16 million is going for land and area prep. It looks as if the lift hill, first drop and loop as well as 2 corkscrews and a helix are over the lake, the Cobra Roll is over Indian Trails, and the Zero G Roll is above Ghost Town.

I'm not sure if this is the layout or not. But thought I would post it.

http://www.americacoasters.com/images/kbfinvert.jpg

That has not been confirmed by Knott's, my guess is that the official press release will come tomorrow or this week. I think it's probably best to wait until that for confirmation, but it looks right to me.

Chris L
11-24-2003, 05:40 PM
The ride has been approved for the park, but I do not believe the city has given the Resort the green light.

Jhcbiinoc
11-27-2003, 03:31 AM
In case no one has seen this, more info on Silver Bullet including the real stats and the logo:

http://themeparkadventure.com/Knotts.htm

This says the drop is only 109 feet, rather than 126 and that the lift is 146 feet high, which I have heard is the right height. I'm guessing the drop ends so far above the ground to clear Jaguar or to keep the area clear for the boat. Funny the stats only mention one corkscrew, cobra roll, zero-g and loop yet they say 6 inversions.

Then again, it also says it's 3,1250 feet, far beyond the 3,125 it is!

I still want to see the official Knott's press release on this thing.....

CPFan
11-27-2003, 10:51 PM
I hope it's not like the No Limits recreation posted above. It appears as if there is a long straight away right after the cobra roll.

bk2004
11-28-2003, 04:18 PM
That desing doesnt look half bad! I didnt know that the lake was so big. I was hopin that the drop would be bigger than just 109 ft. but oh well. It will be a good coaster and i am excited to see the nice "swing" turn after the cobra roll right before the in-line twist. I think that would be cool!!

Chris L
11-28-2003, 05:32 PM
bk2004 -

Reflection Lake really is not that big. That NoLimits rendering of the ride just makes it appear so. Here's a real photograph of the lake -

http://americacoasters.com/DCAConstruction/nov21/drain2.jpg

bk2004
11-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Oh thanks KraxleRIDAH!! Now i have a perspective of the area that it will be in. I just cant wait until the track arrives and vertical construction starts. So are the colors gonna be grey? Also, whats the theming in it, if there is. Silver Bullet and its logo sounds like a 50's thing and like racing old cars? But otherwise I have no clue!

Jhcbiinoc
11-28-2003, 09:13 PM
I think the theme for this thing is actually a "gunslinger" theme, the ride will be in Ghost Town, I do know that much.

I'm starting to think that the No Limits rendering could be close to the real thing, but I think there may be some variations; for one thing, I have heard various people saying there are no interlocking corkscrews, and that the zero g roll is really right after the cobra roll and that the coaster has both a zero g roll and a camelback (which would be awesome).

From what I have gathered, the layout is lift, drop of 109 feet with the drop ending 37 feet above the lake (I guess to clear the boat or something) with the total height of the loop being 105 feet-meaning that there is only a 68 foot incline between bottom of the drop and the loop, then the overbanked turn into the cobra roll (supposedly right over the Indian Trails sign), then the zero-g roll, the upward turn (which could actually be an inversion?), a hop over to the lake for a corkscrew and then a double helix and brakes.

The No Limits could actually be right though, for all we know. Right now it's all speculation. I think the only thing we really know for sure right now is that it's a B&M inverted called Silver Bullet in Ghost Town, with a 146 foot lift and six inversions that include a loop, a zero g roll, a cobra roll, and at least one corkscrew and no MCBR and it opens in Dec. 2004. I'm really surprised Knott's has not officially released any concept art other than the logo and the stats. Then again, considering this thing is like over a year away, it could be a while.

I will say that if this is the Layout, Knott's got really creative with space with both this ride and Xcelerator. For Xcelerator, where they wanted hypercoaster type thrills in a small space, they went up, for this one, where they wanted (and needed) a multi looper, but were short on space it looks like for the most part they are going "over" things. I have no idea how this park will add coasters in the future, unless they move or replace existing attractions; I doubt they are going to expand the park outside of the box it is in now, but you never know.

NateHuckabone
12-02-2003, 12:06 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has some past experience of opening days at KNott's I was at Xcelerator but I was wondering do they usually open these things on weekends or weekdays? I know that I am renewing my pass this summer so I'll be able to be there but I was just wondering if and what i'll have to do to be first in line...... Im assuming early in the morning i should be there but does anyone have an idea of weekend or weekday.

P.S- It was crazy I made an inverted coaster called silver bullet on RCT2 like a week b4 they released the name.......

Jhcbiinoc
12-02-2003, 09:44 AM
I think this is finally the official press release.....

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20031201005844&newsLang=en

Chris L
12-02-2003, 04:09 PM
Knott's just cocked their big rifle at Magic Mountain's "Crime-fighting device" and the silver bullet that hits it on it's 10th anniversary might cost the Wayne Manor a few pretty bucks! ;)

Marcus
12-03-2003, 02:52 PM
I'm not seeing these 6 inversions.
1. Loop
2. Zero G
3. & 4. Cobra Roll
5. Corkscrew
6.?

slipknot8527
12-03-2003, 06:11 PM
VERY nice...yet another reason to head out to Cal.

Jhcbiinoc
12-03-2003, 06:51 PM
>I'm not seeing these 6 inversions.
1. Loop
2. Zero G
3. & 4. Cobra Roll
5. Corkscrew
6.?<

There are 2 corkscrews; There's the loop, a wicked looking overbancked curve and the cobra roll, the zero g roll is right after the cobra roll, then after the spiral there are two wingover corkscrews-one to the left just as it comes out of the helix over the stagecoach path and then one to the right over the lake right before the upward helix. Was a little off from that NL rendering, as I thought it might be. But this looks to be a really good ride.....and OC's first B&M which I think is great.

If this is successful, which I'm sure it will be, then who knows but in a few years they could get another one, they'd have room for a compact floorless over where Boomerang is now. I could see them replacing Boomerang in coming years if they need room for a new coaster, after all they replaced Corkscrew with Boomerang.

I think it's pretty ingenious how Knott's did this. For those who complain that Cedar Fair has taken a lot of the heritage out of Knott's they obviously went to great pains to preserve classic elements of Knott's-moving the church, arranging the ride to go over the boat, train and stagecoach as well as existing rides and attractions and add a top notch coaster.

The park is looking to me like a real life version of one of those RCT scenarios where you get land locked and you have to get creative with space!

Marcus
12-03-2003, 10:00 PM
Yah I see it now in the pictures, I just wasn't sure because the press release said it would feature a "corkscrew" non-plural. I thought Cedar Fair might go as for as to consider the overbanked turn an inversion which would complicate the definition of inversion forever. But now I see the layout, it is very unique. I'm hoping that overbanked turn is as intense as B:KFs. The best part of this coaster has to be the absence of Mid-Course Brakes, which as we can see with Talon, will keep that out-of-control feeling the entire ride.

Jester1
12-05-2003, 12:57 AM
The ride looks fun. :)
Can't wait to ride it sometime. ;)

rcrider666
12-05-2003, 05:32 PM
yea this and xcelerator will be buying me a ticket to knotts for the 2004 season it will be my first time

Jhcbiinoc
12-06-2003, 08:34 PM
I think this ride is really going to round out Knott's and get a lot more new visitors as well as a lot more repeat business.

And I think it will be a decent ride when it is all done, whenever B&M has to work with a challenging landscpae to design on like this one, the results in the past have been good (e.g. Nemesis, et al).

Here's one thing I am wondering. From all I see, they are starting construction on the area now, walls are up and they already did the church move and the lake draining and all of that. It's over a year before this will open so I wonder from a construction standpoint how this will work. Obviously, the footers and a lot of the supports are going to go in not only the lake area but also in a lot of heavy traffic areas of the park but I do not see them even beginning to go vertical with this thing until at least 8 months from now, maybe August of next year. I don't see any steel even showing up before June or July of next year. This should be a very interesting process, to say the least.

stevetothekizzo
01-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Any word on when Silver Bullet is supposed to open. I know it says on RCDB Dec. 24th. Does that mean it's open. The Knott's website says nothing about the coaster. :confused:

Jhcbiinoc
01-22-2004, 05:19 PM
It's going to be a while before it opens. Although most of what I hear says right on Christmas Eve 2004, I imagine it will be testing first part of December and open in the 3rd week or so, but who knows. I have rarely seen this much advance planning on one coaster.

I doubt they will put it on the website for a while, could just be that their webmaster has several sites to look after and is behind on updates (being a webmaster I know how that is!).

For now, check out this video animation that Badnitrus did of the coaster:

http://badnitrus.***********.com/Videos/SilverBullet160.mov

Chris L
01-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Any word on when Silver Bullet is supposed to open. I know it says on RCDB Dec. 24th. Does that mean it's open. The Knott's website says nothing about the coaster. :confused:

Okay, did you not see the 2004 behind December 24? :rolleyes:

stevetothekizzo
01-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Okay, did you not see the 2004 behind December 24? :rolleyes:

Oops. I get the dumbass award. That's what I get for skimming through stuff.

bk2004
01-26-2004, 06:44 PM
OK, about the new Top Spin that they are getting, pieces have started to arrive on site now.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/knott_s_berry_farm.html

bk2004
01-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Here are some pics of the actually ride. Not much of it here yet, but shows you something.

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0128041

Boromir
01-30-2004, 11:39 PM
I have the feeling it's going to be a long year of "parking-lot-ride-part-photos" for Knott's. :-(

Carowinds 73-03
01-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Knott's and about 10 other parks. I have seen so many parking lots this winter it's just crazy. Some parks i haven't even been to but hey at least i know how to get through the lot when i do go. Anyway i guessi have to head back to cali but i will go next summer.

bk2004
01-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Well unless the park lets people go in to take pictures of them, which I highly doubt, its gonna be that way! Just buy a camera with a big zoom in it! lol :)

It was cool what PKD did. They actually took them on a tour to see Scooby and new things that are happening at the park next year.

Chris L
02-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Here's the recently dismantled Hammerhead on sale through the manufacturer's "Used Ride" sale program -

http://www.zamperla.it/scheda_prodottoUsato.asp?ID=64

Carowinds 73-03
02-05-2004, 02:22 AM
I want it. That would look cute in my back yard. I wonder what the average price on one of there used coasters are. To h for my blood i'am sure. Can the public buy rides from them or just parks/fairs?

bk2004
02-14-2004, 05:22 PM
A new update on Knotts can be seen here:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4088391&a=31096627&pw

Homer
04-23-2004, 08:28 PM
PKI Unlimited has reported of Silver Bullets track at B&Ms plant in Ohio. They have Pics!

Link:
http://www.pkiunlimited.com/knotts_track.php

Erm... this is also happening at Knotts in 04 as well ;)

bk2004
04-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Woah! That's awesome. That track looks like it's been sitting there for years! ;) It will look even better when it is painted! :D ;party;

Looks good though. Thanks for the link Homer.

Dan G
05-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, it definetly looks like that track has been there for awhile...It's looking good, I cant' wait to ride this baby when it opens.

NWade
05-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Just a note on the "aged track" comments: Working on race-cars as a hobby, I can tell you that steel rusts on the surface QUICKLY. Try leaving a car's brake-rotor outside for a month - in any climate other than So. Cal. (where its technically a desert, despite the landscaping) - and you'll see it completely coated in a thin layer of rust (using the brakes on a car scrapes the surface every time you press the pedal, that's why you don't see this on a car that's actually being driven around).

A quick sanding or sand-blasting will take surface rust off. Prime, and paint with a good coating, and be done! Keeping moisture and air OFF the surface is the key. Obviously, letting something rust for a longer time can degrade the structural integrity of the metal; but that's not the issue here.

Take care,

--NWade

Dan G
05-17-2004, 08:17 PM
The track might look bad now, but we all know wants it gets a paint job, the track will look just like new. lol

Chris L
05-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Okay, most of that track in those photographs (PKI Unlimited) have long been painted and shipped. Most parts are arriving, if not have already arrived at the park as of this post.

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0517041

Dan G
05-21-2004, 01:38 AM
They are really taking their time with this baby. I guess slow and steady wins the race...I can't wait till it opens next season.

Chris L
05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
It opens on the 24th of December.

Jhcbiinoc
06-05-2004, 02:35 PM
For those who don't already know, the first steel for Silver Bullet went up this week.....found this link:

http://www.xcen.net/images/construction/kbf2004/4.html

I'm wondering when the actual vertical construction will be done on this thing, before or after Halloween Haunt? They are moving really fast for a ride not opening until December 2004. I'm guessing they are trying to have it done to keep the blocked off areas to as much of a minimum as possible....I for one think it would be cool if the Cobra Roll were up by Haunt and they put some kind of huge Halloween decoration over it that people would walk under, though I doubt that will happen.

I'm just anxious for it to open, Orange County as of yet has no B&M coasters prior to this one.....

Carowinds 73-03
06-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Cool. I diden't know construction had already started. Thanks for the update & pics.

THECHILLER
06-12-2004, 02:54 PM
I was looking at RCDB today and looking at the Silver Bullet construction pics up there. Here, let me show you some things that question me:

Here are two photos (they're just links to the site)...it shows one having silver supports, and the other having red supports...which color will it be?
Gray --> http://rcdb.com/installationgallery2536.htm?Picture=3
Red --> http://rcdb.com/installationgallery2536.htm?Picture=5

**Unless the gray ones still haven't been painted or something.

Another thing. This pic below looks like magnetic brakes on a B&M. It also shows the normal friction brakes a little further down the track. Why is this so?
http://rcdb.com/installationgallery2536.htm?Picture=9

Carowinds 73-03
06-12-2004, 04:44 PM
The supports will be red from what i know. I think the grey are just the unpainted ones. The brakes i don't know about. First time i have seen that before.

Matt M
06-13-2004, 01:06 AM
That is probably primer or something. I'm going make an assumption here, but those appear to be dull grey, and if they were unpainted they would probably be shiney. I don't know anything about the construction process, what I just said is me thinking logically.

Dan G
06-15-2004, 03:12 AM
The supports are definetly red if you have seen the latest construction pics will a few supports popping up here and there. Most of them are red so far, so I don't see why they would mess up the color scheme of the ride. As for the breaks...Extra Security?

Jhcbiinoc
06-15-2004, 03:41 AM
The way it looks, at least from the latest update I have seen, the station track is red and the lift hill is red but after the lift hill, the track is yellow and red, as the curved track that is showing up is yellow and red. The red steel that is going up now is just the station and the transfer track, but any day the first supports after the station should be going up and we'll see.....from what I heard, the lift hill is red track with grey supports and the actual coaster part is red supports with yellow and red track (!)....strange color scheme, if you ask me. Time will tell, I guess. I imagine they will start on the rest of the ride over this week.

Matt M
06-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Maybe they'll use the magnets to move the train forward instead of tires? Nah that's a dumb idea. The only explanation for them that I can think of are maybe a backup or something. The regular brakes could also be a backup to magnetic brakes, B&M probably wants to avoid a S:ROS incident.

Chris L
06-15-2004, 11:33 PM
The supports will be red from what i know. I think the grey are just the unpainted ones. The brakes i don't know about. First time i have seen that before.

No. Gray support columns were shipped alongside red support columns from the manufacturing plant in Ohio. Unpainted supports don't look like that and aren't grey, they are a rusty yellow brown. It is evident that Silver Bullet will have a combination of red and gray supports.

radioactiveduck
06-16-2004, 07:32 PM
I was just at Knott's yesterday. They're really flying on that construction. I could actually see the progress by the end of the day. Just mad I didn't bring a camera. PS, if you get the right seats, you can see more track peices in a field just across the street from Supreme Scream.
P.S. #2 - actually ride construction on their TopSpin is pretty much done, they still have more landscaping to do though.

bk2004
06-22-2004, 08:42 PM
No. Gray support columns were shipped alongside red support columns from the manufacturing plant in Ohio. Unpainted supports don't look like that and aren't grey, they are a rusty yellow brown. It is evident that Silver Bullet will have a combination of red and gray supports.

I think that will be neat to have two different color supports!! :usa:

Maybe they'll use the magnets to move the train forward instead of tires? Nah that's a dumb idea. The only explanation for them that I can think of are maybe a backup or something. The regular brakes could also be a backup to magnetic brakes, B&M probably wants to avoid a S:ROS incident.

They could be using the magnets to use less power for the ride if they in fact are for braking. I don't know though, just a thought.

Wes
06-22-2004, 09:49 PM
It opens on the 24th of December.

Bummer I wish it was about a month early. I'm supposed to be going out there in November.

bk2004
06-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, that's just the date that the park has gave us. It's way to early to suspect an early opening time, but it could happen! I doubt, with this coaster being a B&M, that anything major would come up for it to be delayed at the least.

Carowinds 73-03
06-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Opens Dec 24th?? That one heck of a christmas present. I was planning another trip to knotts this year but i'm going to hold off till next year instead.

bk2004
06-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Ha Ha! That's a good way to think about it.

I wonder if it will be crowded that day since it's the day before Christmas and everything.

Carowinds 73-03
06-22-2004, 11:53 PM
I doubt it. Maybe a ton of coaster enthusiast but not alot of the GP i would think. I presonally coulden't see myself spending Christmas eve at a park.

Jerry S
06-23-2004, 11:17 AM
I could!!! I'm Jewish. Hmm, maybe I will.............

EDIT: Concerning the supports, maybe the gray ones are for the station, and the track in the station.

Wes
06-24-2004, 08:23 AM
^^ Hey we can't discuss religion. It's been banned. lol j/k ;)

I bet Christmas Eve would be a great time to go, since a lot of people (myself included) are with family that night.

Jerry S
06-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Exactly. it won't be crowded. I might just go to my grandma's house in San Diego for winter break, and go to KBF that day.

Jerry S
06-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Does anyone have construstion updates for this?

Jhcbiinoc
06-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Last I heard/saw the station, the transfer track, and both sections of the brake run are up, and they should be starting on the lift hill any day now. All the footers are done aside from the ones for the cobra roll, and those are being poured soon. I would expect they will be moving pretty fast from here on out, who knows, the actual track circuit could be done within a month or two. But remember, they still have to refill the lake, landscaping, etc.

For the record, the supports for the brake run are grey, and the track on the brake run is yellow and red. My best guess on the colors is that the lift hill is going to be all red, and then the rest of the ride is grey supports, and yellow/red track. The pieces for the loop which are on site are yellow and red.

Riptide, the other new ride, is open now as well, but the landscpaing and so forth isnt finished on it.

Carowinds 73-03
06-29-2004, 06:56 PM
If they are that far along already then this thing could be ready by oct at the latest. They must be moving fast or they got started earlier than planed.

bk2004
06-29-2004, 07:01 PM
There are pictures of the latest construction progress here:

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0624041

Chris L
06-29-2004, 07:05 PM
RipTide has probably one of the coolest looking entry signs I've ever seen.

www.westcoaster.net/images/updates/062804/062804-kbf021-sm.jpg

www.westcoaster.net/images/updates/062804/062804-kbf022-lrg.jpg

The photograph above was taken a few days prior to its (opening on 6/27 at around 6:00 PM).

If they are that far along already then this thing could be ready by oct at the latest. They must be moving fast or they got started earlier than planed.

Not so fast...as of today, the only parts of the ride that have been put up are some of the brake-run, station/transfer structure, and a turning piece of track linking the station/brake-run.

Even after they install the supports for the lift hill, then the track for it; supports for the loop, then the track for that; then for the parallel turn, cobra roll, zero-G roll, high-speed turnaround, two corkscrews, helix..

...then the process of bolt tightening occurs, followed by bringing in the trains via transfer track/storage area, testing them for who knows how long, cleaning up of the construction site and moving out all equipment, landscaping, paving the outdoor portion of the queue line and setting up handrails, paving walkways to the ride, building the exterior and setting up the interior station/queue house, setting up night-time lighting system for the ride, setting up PA system, filling up Reflection Lake below the ride and treating the water, finishing up touching up of the ride cosmetically (paint), and installing all signage/signs surrounding the ride.

December 24th sounds accurate.

Carowinds 73-03
06-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else not like the way the track is painted. I don't know it just looks weird. Thanks for the update brooks.

Chris L
06-29-2004, 07:43 PM
I think it's painted to not clash with surrounding colors (Fiesta Village). I think the color scheme will look a lot nicer in person (that's how it usually is with most rides). But you are right, from photographs, it looks as if Silver Bullet is sponsored by McDonald's.

Jhcbiinoc
06-30-2004, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking they were smart to shoot for Dec. 24.....even when all the track and supports are up there is a LOT to do on this ride. To put a coaster this big in such a small space and from land they had to do a lot of groundwork on was a huge undertaking. It's amazing to me; when Knott's wanted a wooden coaster (GhostRider) they ended up going outside the actual park; when they wanted a really tall and fast coaster (Xcelerator) they went directly up, and when they got the full circuit looping coaster they really needed, this one, they ended up going over a lot of things......talk about creative engineering with limited space!

Jerry S
07-01-2004, 01:42 PM
It's amazing to me; when Knott's wanted a wooden coaster (GhostRider) they ended up going outside the actual park; when they wanted a really tall and fast coaster (Xcelerator) they went directly up, and when they got the full circuit looping coaster they really needed, this one, they ended up going over a lot of things...

Yea, well, They get what they want. Which is admirable. Very, very admirable.

Jhcbiinoc
07-04-2004, 01:56 AM
More Construction photos I found, plus lots of pics of Riptide from yesterday if anyone is interested......the lift hill supports have started going up.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/154555

Jerry S
07-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Wow. That's cool how the colors of track are different.

Moronbarf
07-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Is silver bullet a Raptor clone? Or batman The Ride Clone?

Jhcbiinoc
07-04-2004, 02:44 PM
It's not a clone at all, it is a custom, original layout created for Knott's by B&M. It has elements which Batman has (loop, flatspins, helixes, zero g roll) and elements that Raptor has (cobra roll, zero g roll, loop). There is a pic of the layout on the front page of http://kweb.us and in other places online.

CPdude05
07-04-2004, 02:45 PM
it is very similar to the raptor but it aint no clone

i dont think that cedar fair would make a clone of a six flags coaster

Chris L
07-04-2004, 05:18 PM
it is very similar to the raptor but it aint no clone

i dont think that cedar fair would make a clone of a six flags coaster

It's nothing similar to Raptor, unless you force a resemblence between the two in their finales. Raptor has a mid-course block-run, Silver Bullet doesn't. Raptor's heartline spin comes before the cobra-roll, Silver Bullet's heartline spin comes after the cobra-roll. Raptor's first drop banks to the left, Silver Bullet's banks to the right.

Jerry S
07-06-2004, 10:05 AM
The better pic is over at rcdb:

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery2536.htm?Picture=1

I think the colors are different in some areas though.

Chris L
07-09-2004, 03:42 AM
As of 7/6/04, a good portion of the lift hill is up. In the photo-update below, you can see photos of RipTide operating with the interactive fountains.

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0708041

Jhcbiinoc
07-09-2004, 04:57 AM
They put up the third and tallest of the lift supports by day's end today, and it should top out this weekend.....if they keep up at this rate, who knows, they may actually get done with the track part sooner than expected....it'd be nice if it opened early, and I have heard people speculating they will have it open by the Halloween Haunt, but they still have the lake and all of that to deal with as well.

Jerry S
07-09-2004, 12:37 PM
When they say it will be open on 12/24, does that mean to public, or season pass holders, because if it's the former, maybe it will open to pass holders for Halloween Haunt.

Jhcbiinoc
07-09-2004, 05:57 PM
>When they say it will be open on 12/24, does that mean to public, or season pass holders, because if it's the former, maybe it will open to pass holders for Halloween Haunt.<

I'm not sure on that one.....I am just expecting it to open 12/24 and will be pleasantly surprised if it opens sooner. The way they are cranking on it, I would expect just the track layout itself to be done in about a month or a month and a half. The lift hill should be finished tomorrow and they will probably start on the drop/loop next week. They are doing the last footers (for the cobra roll) now, and those have to set before they can put up any track/supports on them.

I have heard rumors and speculation that it will be open for Haunt, but I don't put a whole lot of stock in rumors without some kind of hard evidence. I can say this; knowing how crowded Haunt is, I hope they at least have the walkways done and open or they are going to have a traffic control nightmare on their hands. I think if the ride is built but not open, they should put some kind of trippy decoration on the cobra roll as you walk under it.....

I'm actually going to Knott's tomorrow, and depending on how much passes are I may get one......I have yet to ride Xcelerator, but it looks like an absolute blast.

Chris L
07-09-2004, 08:54 PM
http://americacoasters.com/KBFConstruction/70904/Photos/Picture-020.jpg

Here's the latest photograph of the ride's construction progress. This thing is growing fast by the day.

Jerry S
07-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm actually going to Knott's tomorrow, and depending on how much passes are I may get one......I have yet to ride Xcelerator, but it looks like an absolute blast.

I hope that you will take construction photos, maybe even ask around with the employees there.

SFOG Freak
07-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Here are a few new photos from www.americacoasters.com

http://www.americacoasters.com/KBFConstruction/70904/SB/pg1.php

Jhcbiinoc
07-11-2004, 04:16 AM
Well......I was at Knott's today from open to close and in re Silver Bullet, I noticed three things:

-The final piece of the lift was up in the tallest support, they only have the crest piece to add and then they can start the drop. I thought it would look a lot taller than it is (146 feet at the top of the lift) but maybe that's just my perspective, I don't think Xcelerator looks all that tall......at least from the ground. I will say this, you can see Silver Bullet all through the park now.

-They are really cranking on the footers for the cobra roll. Those should be done soon. They have also started clearing the dirt around the footers in the lake area.

-I did notice during the train ride that the spiel includes "on the left you can see construction for our newest roller coaster Silver Bullet"....no mention of "Coming In December"

I was going to try to get pics.....but my friend who I went with realized when we got there that he had forgotten bring his digital camera and I do not have one. If I had taken pics, they would have been the same as the ones posted above, only with the last section of lift added in before the crest....

If there is a place in here to post them, I will try to post some kind of trip report as I had a lot of observations about the park in general, it has really improved since I was last there in 1999-2000. Silver Bullet will be a good addition, as the park has IMO a great full circuit wooden coaster and an absolutely amazing full circuit steel non-looping coaster in Xcelerator (one word: Wow) but they need a full circuit looping coaster badly. This is going to make what I feel is a great park even better......

slipknot8527
07-11-2004, 06:56 PM
btw, west coaster.net has killer pics of the construction.

Jerry S
07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
www.westcoaster.net

New update, the lift is almost done, and the cobra roll footers are being made.

RaptorXLC
07-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know if there is a chance that it will open before 12/24. I'm going on trip to CA from NJ this December, and I'd hate to miss it by a week. It looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Jerry S
07-18-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm probably going on 12/24 when I'm in San Diego, If I don't nag my mom to go to any other parks for the year. It's tough, but worth it.

rlrcstrfreak
07-18-2004, 11:58 PM
wow!

The bullet is coming along

slowly though.....

the silver part is where im confused?.......?...,';'[p[9-gz261......?huh?

Jhcbiinoc
07-19-2004, 02:45 AM
There's always a chance it will open before 12/24, at least I'm hoping so. I have heard people say it would open during Haunt, but I just dont think they will get everything that needs to be done complete by then. The ride itself-the track-I'm pretty sure will be done before October, but all the final touches might take some time.

They should finish the lift hill over the next couple of days and I would guess they will be done with the drop and the loop somewhere in the next two weeks; by that time all the cobra roll footers should have cured and be ready for track to go up.

This ride, in addition to the positive experience I had visiting Knott's last week, have inspired me to buy an annual pass. I'm going to get that and to visit the park again on August 14th, I'm curious to see how much of the track is up by then.....I'm guessing they might be placing the zero-g roll or starting on the flatspins by then....

BryanWood
07-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Most of the track is still not on site. The lift should be complete in the next few days, as they are positioning two cranes on site to top it off and begin construction of the meat of the coaster.

Jerry S
07-19-2004, 02:52 PM
A little update on Westcoaster. Same pictures for 6 pages. You can see the top piec of the lift. There isn't any track for any elements though, so it has yet to arrive.

Dan G
07-19-2004, 05:31 PM
It looks like this ride is getting up pretty quick. I mean, the lift has gone up in how much time? A week or so has gone by and they already have the whole lift finished. I mean at this rate they could probably finish it before December. Not really. If they were head of schedule I'm sure they would get lazy and lag until December to finish it. But anyways, I'm glad the ride is coming along nicely and I can't wait to ride this thing next summer if I go to Knotts.

Jhcbiinoc
07-19-2004, 06:22 PM
The way I understand it, the track and supports for the drop, the loop, and possibly the overbank turn is there, but they are still waiting on the rest......unless they are storing it somewhere not visible to the public eye, which I doubt. I'm guessing that the rest of the ride after the really time consuming parts (station, brake run and lift) may go a little faster. I would not be surprised if they get the drop and loop done pretty quick.

BryanWood
07-20-2004, 01:02 PM
It looks like this ride is getting up pretty quick. I mean, the lift has gone up in how much time? A week or so has gone by and they already have the whole lift finished. I mean at this rate they could probably finish it before December. Not really. If they were head of schedule I'm sure they would get lazy and lag until December to finish it. But anyways, I'm glad the ride is coming along nicely and I can't wait to ride this thing next summer if I go to Knotts.

It should be done by late November at the VERY latest. Construction out West can move along faster than it does in the winter to the North and East because they have great weather and the ground doesn't freeze.

You obviously don't know all that much about construction, because Knott's is going to put this up and not be lazy about it. They want to give plenty of time for testing.

CoasterCuravo
07-20-2004, 03:20 PM
^^After construction is done, they have at least 4-6 weeks of testing before they can open it to the public. Maybe they will open it a few hours a day during mid December if its done in time, but I think they will hold off till 12/24. Nothing like opening a new coaster on Christmas Eve to boost Christmas Day attendance.

Jhcbiinoc
07-20-2004, 06:33 PM
The lift hill is finally finished, topped out yesterday and they are supposedly working on the drop now. Word is that they are going to try and get the drop done pretty efficiently, as they have to close half of Fiesta Village to do it. There should be pics up at Westcoaster sometime tonight or tomorrow.

rlrcstrfreak
07-20-2004, 08:04 PM
This is a little out of the topic, but has any one found out why it's called the Silver Bullet?

Chris L
07-20-2004, 08:26 PM
/\ Here's a good one: Because that's what the park decided to name it.

Jhcbiinoc
07-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Lol.....I think it's kind of the same as asking, "Why is GhostRider named GhostRider?" I think they were just looking for a name that kept with the Ghost Town theme and also alluded to speed and intensity. I think Hangman would have been a good name, but it seems like it would be a little too dark for Knott's.

Jerry S
07-20-2004, 09:17 PM
If you had the chance, would you go to Knotts on 12 24 for opening, even if it is christmas eve day?

Chris L
07-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Why not? It would be closed the next day and I wouldn't be able to deal with the fact that I could have ridden it a day earlier ;).

gotdane
07-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I think its kind of weird that they are opening it the day before a day the park is closed.

Jhcbiinoc
07-20-2004, 10:54 PM
If it does in fact not open until 12/24,then yeah, I will probably go on 12/24. I really think it may open a little sooner. Im hoping they offer a preview to annual passholders.....

Dan G
07-21-2004, 02:52 AM
You obviously don't know all that much about construction, because Knott's is going to put this up and not be lazy about it. They want to give plenty of time for testing.

If you didn't realize it, I was only joking about them being lazy.

It's too bad my family doesn't like amusement parks, or else we could go down to L.A. to my cousins house and go to Knotts around the time it opens. But, of course I don't have that much luck.

Jerry S
07-21-2004, 09:30 AM
It's too bad my family doesn't like amusement parks, or else we could go down to L.A. to my cousins house and go to Knotts around the time it opens. But, of course I don't have that much luck.

I got the same thing here. My family doesn't like them, But I've almost convinced my mom to go to her mom's house in northern San Diego, where Knotts is only 1 hour 15 minutes away.

CPdude05
07-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Im glad my family likes amusement parks!

slipknot8527
07-21-2004, 06:29 PM
If I can get some money together fast enough, Im going to fly out to Cali....

Is'nt SFMM open year round? Why is Knotts not?

gotdane
07-21-2004, 07:28 PM
All Southern California parks are open year-round...SFMM is only open on weekends though from September to sometime in Spring (but is open daily around Christmas again). KBF is open Daily the whole year if I'm not mistaken, its not open on Christmas Day though, and Silver Bullet opens on Christmas Eve. DLR parks are open everyday of the year.

Chris L
07-21-2004, 08:03 PM
The lift was topped-off yesterday. Here's a photograph.

www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/kbf7.20.04/XCELERATOR0011.jpg

Dan G
07-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Wow, that's looks really good. Thanks for the update Kraxle. Hopefully they'll have most of the drop finished off by the end of the month. It's looking really good.

Jhcbiinoc
07-22-2004, 08:45 AM
>Hopefully they'll have most of the drop finished off by the end of the month. It's looking really good.<

The way things are looking, it could even be the end of the WEEK that they have most of the drop done.....the first drop support (which is already done) went up yesterday, and they were moving a ton of new supports in; from what I understand they are trying to really move quickly as the drop requires Fiesta Village to be closed.

Jerry S
07-22-2004, 10:06 AM
It's a ll downhill from here folks ;)

Jhcbiinoc
07-22-2004, 06:32 PM
>It's a ll downhill from here folks<

Lol, I was wondering when someone was going to say that!

Dan G
07-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Haha...Not necessary. What about when they have to build the track up on the loop and cobra roll. LOL Anyways, all your guy's updates are great and I can't wait to see some more pics.

Chris L
07-23-2004, 08:35 PM
I was just at the park this afternoon, since I had to pick my complimentary employee tickets and get measured for a wardrobe change. The drop is 1/3 finished and is very weird and unconventional looking - meaning it is very gradual and elongated than a typical B&M Inverted first drop. It looks more similar to a Flyer than an Inverted. I uploaded a few photos that I took this afternoon into the Silver Bullet TN gallery. http://www.thrillnetwork.com/dbgallery/index.php?rideid=1674

NateHuckabone
07-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Yah, I went to pick up my check today and I was noticing the drop was very gradual as well, and the new track color has started. No longer is it just red, now it's yellow, red, and grey supports (which we kind of new from the track pieces over in the north lot). I'm just anxious to see the boomerang that comes up to the Grand entrance. Kind of an off note Kraxle, what department are you in? lol.

Chris L
07-24-2004, 12:12 AM
/\ I'm in rides. I was hired to work Supreme Scream, but yesterday I was told that too many new employees are being trained for that ride so now I'm at Calico Railroad. :( A bit disappointed.

And back on topic, I'm anxious to see how they're going to fit that big mass of ride in that tiny area. You know it's gonna happen, but when you look at the size of the ride in comparison to its surrounding landscape, you just have to wonder how the hell they're going to pull it off.

Jhcbiinoc
07-24-2004, 01:46 AM
Actually.....there has been another rather recent B&M Inverted with the same style drop, Nemesis Inferno:
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1747.htm?Picture=15
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1747.htm?Picture=19

You can see it more pronounced in this pic:

http://photos.freeserve.com/shared/photo.html?c_album=311793&photo=3427394&page=3&group=

The finished drop on Silver Bullet should look something like that, only bigger and higher off the ground (and a different color scheme, of course).

I drove by the park while I was out today, and saw that they had put up the second drop support and the next section of drop track as in the photos. It's really starting to stand out from all over the park now. Also noticed there is very little track and supports left, maybe enough to get them as far as the cobra roll.....

Thanks for posting the pics, I found some more pics from the other day when they put up the first piece of drop track at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/172229

CPdude05
07-24-2004, 01:54 AM
how come the track changes colors?

Chris L
07-24-2004, 04:33 AM
/\ Duh. Because it can.

Jhcbiinoc
07-24-2004, 06:29 PM
That's the million dollar question.....why the color change? I have heard several theories, from it has something to do with theming to they were trying to keep the red supports from clashing with the colors in Fiesta Village but I have no idea. What's weird is the color scheme on this ride from the beginning has been kind of strange. The first press releases showed all yellow track and red supports, then there was artwork from B&M at the 2004 Coaster Solace that showed all red track and silver supports, and now in reality there is all red track and supports for the lift and then silver supports and red and yellow track for the rest. It's almost like they accidentally got the paint colors wrong, but I don't think so. Who knows, maybe they will paint the lift to match.....

gotdane
07-24-2004, 06:47 PM
^ The lift is staying the way it is. They are not re-painting it.

Jerry S
07-25-2004, 12:47 PM
I hope things will be going quickly from here. When you look at the schedule, they don't have much time, It's nearly august, and they have to finish the ride, clean up around it, make lines, themeing, test it a lot, and have it all done by Dec 23.

CPdude05
07-25-2004, 01:23 PM
That is sorta weird that the lift is just a solid red and the rest is very colorful. I think the colors look awesome.

radioactiveduck
07-25-2004, 06:58 PM
I hope they do a passholder's preview like they did for X @ SFMM. They're really not screwing around w/ this construction though, good for them.

superfast
07-25-2004, 07:09 PM
I hope things will be going quickly from here. When you look at the schedule, they don't have much time, It's nearly august, and they have to finish the ride, clean up around it, make lines, themeing, test it a lot, and have it all done by Dec 23.

They have more then enough time. they are far ahead of schedule. If anything this thing will get open early. Cleaning up around it, making q lines and putting the theming in will take no time.

Chris L
07-25-2004, 09:38 PM
They have more then enough time. they are far ahead of schedule. If anything this thing will get open early. Cleaning up around it, making q lines and putting the theming in will take no time.

No they are not ahead of schedule. They're progressing as expected. You still have to remember that as of today (7/25), only two pieces of the drop have been placed, meaning there's anothe 1/2 of the drop left to install. Then there's the rest of the ride to finish. Cleaning up takes a while, it involves removing equipment off-site, and removing extra dirt and debris. A new midway surrounding the ride also has to be paved. So fencing around the ride also has to be done. Followed by queue railings for the outdoor portion, the actual construction of the station and all theming/lighting effects inside, electrical work for the ride, re-routing the Walter K. Steamboat track beneath the coaster, putting up the ride's entrance marquee and ride rules up, landscaping, refilling of Reflection Lake (numerous filter runs and water treatment) and the actual testing process itself. I may have left out a few things.

Jhcbiinoc
07-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I too am hoping for the passholder preview, as I am buying my pass on the 14th......

As far as stuff to do, I think they still have to tighten up all the bolts, as well. When I was there on the 10th, I noticed that some of the supports are not fully bolted into the ground yet, they could have fixed that by now, or they may be waiting to go through and do it when everything is placed.

Based on pics I have seen, it looks as if the last of the cobra roll footers are curing now so those should be ready to go soon. They have a good 2/3 left on that drop, two more big supports and one smaller one before the loop. I'm guessing the drop will be done by Wed-Thursday, and they may start on the loop before this weekend. I'd guesstimate that the loop will be done in about 2 weeks, and my best guess for all the track being placed is Sept. 1st.

The thing that I think is really going to take time is redoing the lake, and hoping that they get it done before any big October/November rainfall.....they have a lot of stuff to do and roughly 150 days. If you figure track complete by September, they still got more than enough to stay busy.

By the way, kinda OT but not too bad.....when I was last there, there was a black cat wandering around the construction site and in the drained canal for the Walter K. It was funny seeing the cat just lounging in the sun as if there was nobody around.....I was wondering what happened to the cat and then saw pics of it here:

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/172229/6/6477536

Jerry S
07-26-2004, 12:16 PM
That would be a lot like my cat, who loves the knex rollercoasters and stops them with his paw.............

I hope that the trains will arrive soon, It seems like they will look cool, judging by the name and park.

Jhcbiinoc
07-26-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure when the trains will arrive......I think they are still waiting on the rest of the track first......they only have the drop, loop and the overbank track and supports so far, from what I can see.

superfast
07-26-2004, 09:39 PM
The trains will arrive as soon as the vertical construction is done..

Carowinds 73-03
07-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Wow, a good bit has already been built. Just one question I though the track & supports were going to be 2 different colors. Sorry but if thats the color scheme then that is just plain ugly. Talk about an eye sore. Please tell me thoes are not the colors.

magnumxl2005
07-26-2004, 11:56 PM
well sorry but thats what it is lol but im pretty sure the insides are yellow

SFOG Freak
07-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Heres some new pics:
http://www.americacoasters.com/KBFConstruction/72604/SB/pg1.php

Jerry S
07-27-2004, 11:39 AM
More new ones with one more piece than ^^^

www.westcoaster.net

magnumxl2005
07-27-2004, 01:03 PM
hmm i hope the drop gets a little steeper than that!

CPdude05
07-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Hopefully the trains have alot of chrome. That would look so awesome.

slipknot8527
07-27-2004, 06:59 PM
yikes.....whats with the drop? Its 20 degrees maybe......

pretty dissapointing....

Jhcbiinoc
07-27-2004, 08:25 PM
From what I hear, they did not work on the drop yesterday, although I don't know about today. Yesterday they were working on the cobra roll footer area and the station, so I'm not sure when they will get back on to the track placement.

In re the drop, I too wish it were steeper but on the bright side, that IS a pretty serious banking and it will pick up some serious speed by the bottom of the drop when it evens out from the banked drop. I'm going to wait and see the finished drop as I feel it may be steeper than we think-if you look at the pics they have a substantial height to go in a pretty short space there. All they have built so far is the turn into the drop, I think the next track pieces will have a slightly steeper grade.

As far as why they did it this way, I'm guessing it's one of three things: one, on the last B&M invert that was built (Nemesis Inferno) they used this angle of drop, and it is the same one they are using on the B&M flyers as well, it may be something to do with the engineering; two, the area where they are placing the ride probably has a lot to do with the way it was eventually laid out; and three, from watching the onride video of Nemesis Inferno the way the drop angles like that-the hard banked curve and gradual slope then suddenly coming out of the bank before the loop seems to whip the train around a little and increase the sensation of flight.

Carowinds 73-03
07-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Hopefully the drop will steeper than that. Thats crazy.

Dan G
07-28-2004, 03:13 AM
It looks really good. I'm not really worried about how steep it looks right now, because I'm sure it will get steeper going into the actual drop. Man, the construction of this ride is going really fast and I'm sure this thing will be finsihed before the actual suspected date.

Jhcbiinoc
07-28-2004, 04:06 AM
Yeah it will get steeper, as you will see when they add the next pieces.....also, remember that by the time the train reaches the end of the drop, regardless of the steepness of grade....it will have picked up quite a bit of speed.....I'm sure the final ride will be pretty intense

Jhcbiinoc
07-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Looks like it may be a while before we see any more construction.....word is that the crane they are using to build the ride is broken and they are working on getting it fixed as fast as possible or getting a new one. In the meantime though, the rest of the track and supports are arriving, the cobra roll footers are done, and I hear they have started on the queue and station while waiting to build the rest of the ride.....someone should have pics soon. This time when I go on the 14th Im going to take some pics. Friend is taking his video camera as well.

TurnpikeJoe
07-30-2004, 02:43 AM
WoW! That looks like its going to be awesome!

Jhcbiinoc
08-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Update: The crane is fixed and construction is back in full swing. From what I hear, the drop is almost done (only one more section of track to go, that should go up today or tonight) and they are getting ready to begin supports for the exit of the drop and the loop, which should start going up tomorrow or Friday. Also, supports (not track) for the overbanked turn after the loop into the cobra roll are up, and the station construction has progressed quite a bit. The cobra roll area is now ready for supports and track, and the cobra roll track and supports have arrived on site. Someone will post a link to pics soon here Im sure.

Chris L
08-04-2004, 03:55 PM
As of yesterday night, the drop was still the same as it was a week ago and the only major work being done on that ride this entire week was wood work in the station area. Only a few segments of support columns went up for what I assume to be for the high-bank turn. But as of this posting, they probably did place the next drop piece in this very morning. I'll check it out when I start my shift at 3:45.

Jhcbiinoc
08-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah, whatever they did they may have done this morning, rather than last night, that's when I heard about it was mid morning today.

bk2004
08-05-2004, 03:14 AM
Today, I downloaded Silver Bullett for No Limits, and I have to say, this is going to be one impressive ride! Looking forward to watching this being constructed.

CPdude05
08-05-2004, 11:33 AM
I was sorta sad that Cedar Fair was going to B&M instead of Intamin for a few years but now i am glad. I am looking forward to the B&M hyper at Michigans adventure.

Chris L
08-05-2004, 03:23 PM
/\ B&M hyper at Michigans Adventure? Where did you pull that out of?

NYnehalem
08-05-2004, 09:25 PM
where did you download it for no limits from?

CPdude05
08-05-2004, 09:49 PM
/\ B&M hyper at Michigans Adventure? Where did you pull that out of?
Ive seen some rumors of a hyper at michigans adventure and since Cedar Fair is with B&M right now i hope it is a B&M hyper.

Jhcbiinoc
08-05-2004, 11:03 PM
B&M and Intamin both make great coasters and seem to pretty much have cornered the steel coaster market in the "coaster arms race".....I think its only a matter of time before we see another B&M at Cedar Point as well as at Worlds Of Fun and MA.

bk2004
08-05-2004, 11:39 PM
I thought this thread was about Knott's Berry Farms.

Anywho, I hope Knott's recent power outage didn't cause any delays to the construction of Silver Bullet.

Jhcbiinoc
08-05-2004, 11:45 PM
>I thought this thread was about Knott's Berry Farms.

Anywho, I hope Knott's recent power outage didn't cause any delays to the construction of Silver Bullet.<

LOL, it is a Knotts thread.....sorry to get OT. The power outage caused no delays that I know of.....the drop on Silver Bullet is completely done now, and they have supports and track on site ready to start on the loop, which has probably either already started going up or will start to go up tomorrow. Once the loop is done they have to place track for the overbanked turn (which the supports are already up for) and then they can start the cobra roll. Looks to be moving along fine, despite the delays caused by the crane breakdown last week.

bk2004
08-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Sounds good! :) I forgot, is this coaster supposed to open up this December, or next?

Are there any good pictures of the ride's drop and supports already up?¿?

CPdude05
08-06-2004, 12:23 AM
This december. They wouldnt start this early.

bk2004
08-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Ok thanks. I was thinking about what someone has said about they are early. Mabye I just got mixed up. I got scatterbrained there for a second.

2004 is a great year for KBF! A new coaster and a new flat! :) (I'm probably wrong too!) :eek:

Ok, I don't mean to rade the Cali's thread with NC'ers, so I'll shut up now!

Jhcbiinoc
08-06-2004, 12:43 AM
>Are there any good pictures of the ride's drop and supports already up?¿?<

Not yet.....I'm sure there will be some up soon. I'm taking some next time I go but that wont be until the 14th. One of the sites doing regular updates should have some up before then......

Xbox4414
08-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Just got back from So Cal about an hour ago and I threw this together: http://www.coastersimulators.com/silver_bullet_update.htm A Silver Bullet Update from 8/05/04...it's already outdated, because as we left today I noticed that the entrance to the loop has been installed. But yeah here are some pics of the drop as of 8/05.

http://www.coastersimulators.com/silver_bullet_update.htm

Jhcbiinoc
08-07-2004, 07:08 AM
another killer update with lots of pics of the drop......looks awesome....check out how close the drop comes to Jaguar.....

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/kbf8.5.04/

Jhcbiinoc
08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
In case anyone here hasn't seen this yet, here is a pic of the halfway completed loop.....

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery2536.htm?Picture=28

And here is a long update with lots of different pics, the first update online that I have seen with loop pics (aside from the pics on rcdb).....

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/kbf8.9.04/

From everything I have heard, it should be done tonight or tomorrow and they are on to the overbank and cobra roll.....

Dutchman
08-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Westcoaster also has new pics of the loop and first drop.

http://www.westcoaster.net (http://www.westcoaster.net/)

:):cool:

SFOG Freak
08-13-2004, 03:12 PM
New photo update!

http://www.americacoasters.com/KBFConstruction/81204/SB/pg1.php

Jhcbiinoc
08-16-2004, 02:29 AM
I uploaded some photos that I took Saturday.....the curve and dive into the cobra roll is half done...the banking on the turn into the cobra roll is more like an inversion than an overbank:

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/dbgallery/index.php?rideid=1674

Jerry S
08-16-2004, 10:43 AM
It'd be cool if somone was making this coaster on NL as it is being built.

Jhcbiinoc
08-16-2004, 02:41 PM
No Limits (http://americacoasters.com/forums/index.php?download=161)

I think several other people have made it on No Limits, but I could not find the links. From what I hear they have to add trim brakes or the forces are insane. If I had No Limits on this computer, I would have already tried to do it! If I run across a link to the other No Limits Recreation, I will post it here.

I know that when I tried to duplicate the layout on RCT2 that every time, unless I put brakes in between the zero-g roll and the last 2 corkscrews that the "intensity" remained at "Ultra-Extreme"; also, there are certain elements like that overoverbanked turn (which should count as an inversion in my opinion) that I couldnt do in RCT2. The impression I get is that the actual ride is going to be extremely forceful in a good way.

Hearing some of the comments people at the park made looking at the construction (e.g., "Look at that thing, that just looks crazy"), you can tell this is going to be a hit with the GP as well as enthusiasts. As with Xcelerator, Riptide and Perilous Plunge, I think people are going to get as much of a kick out of standing and watching the ride do its thing as they do riding it.

slipknot8527
08-16-2004, 10:52 PM
WHats your point? So the forces on your RCT2 remake are insane? Do you have an exact scematic od the ride?

This ride seriously pisses me off...there is really no excuse for the first drop to be so lame....no matter how insanely cool the rest of the course is, it will all be overshadowed by that horrible first "drop."

Chris L
08-17-2004, 06:13 AM
/\ Yeah okay. The thing isn't even open yet. How can you judge it just by looking at pictures? After they finish building it, open it, you ride it, decide if its lame or not then come here and b*tch about the drop.

slipknot8527
08-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Easily sir.

I first take note that Superman: Ultimate FLight is one of the most boring, lame drops in the history of coasters...and you take it face down. This drop looks, if not the same slope, even more shallow than S:UFs drop.....but on this one you are sitting upright.

See? Easy.....

Jerry S
08-17-2004, 12:24 PM
That's a bad assumption. SUF had a pretzel loop and then turned a few times, ended with a twist. This will have a Loop, Overbank, Cobra Roll, Zero G Roll, Helix, Two corkscrews, and another Helix. Need I say more?

slipknot8527
08-17-2004, 12:55 PM
......no. because you contributed nothing to the argument at hand. Im talking about the first drop of Silver Bullet sucking.

Jhcbiinoc
08-17-2004, 01:16 PM
>WHats your point? So the forces on your RCT2 remake are insane? Do you have an exact scematic od the ride?<

I wasn't really trying to make a "point", other than when someone brought up a No Limits recreation to mention that the forces I and other people got when doing the layout in coaster sim games were pretty intense, and that could translate to an intense ride in real life. Based on having seen the ride up close and personal, as well as having seen pics of the layout and the specs, it looks that way as well. No exact schematic, but I can tell you from looking at it that there shouldnt be many dull moments.....

>This ride seriously pisses me off...there is really no excuse for the first drop to be so lame....no matter how insanely cool the rest of the course is, it will all be overshadowed by that horrible first "drop."<

Actually, there IS an excuse for it not to be as steep as other drops, meaning the amount of space they had to work with. The bottom of the drop just barely clears the family coaster below it. Yeah, I guess they could have made it half as high and had the typical inverted drop, but it would have had to be a shorter drop and probably less elements to the ride and a very short ride, and they have really needed a long full circuit coaster with inversions for a long time. I guess they could have taken out the coaster below it, Jaguar, but that would have made a heck of a mess and left Knott's with one less coaster, and considering that they do a good job of balancing the park for thrillseekers and families, I dont think they would take out a major family ride. Based on what they had to work with, I'm pretty impressed.

I can say that yeah, it would be cool if the drop was steeper, but I'm not about to let it ruin the enjoyment of the ride for me. I mean, I love Xcelerator at Knott's (now there's a steep drop for ya!), but I wish it was twice as long length wise. Doesn't stop me from thinking it's an awesome ride and one of my favorites. Same thing with TTD at Cedar Point, I think the ride is ridiculously short and still can't believe that its just L-TH-B. But would that stop me from riding it and having a good time? No way.

I'm going to withhold judgement until I actually have a chance to go on it and I'm guessing it will still be pretty good. My honest thought is that the banking, the speed, the close calls with other rides and supports, the length of the drop and the other elements will make up for what appears in some pics to be less of a grade. Then again, highest, fastest and steepest aren't factors that make or break a coaster for me.

Oh, and by the way......it's slightly (though not much) steeper than the drop on S:UF, at least it looks that way in person. I will agree with you from video of S:UF that I saw of it does not look all that exciting, but I cannot say for sure, as I have not actually ridden it.

CPdude05
08-17-2004, 01:56 PM
The drop isnt that bad....and if you think it is, the six inversions that follow are awesome. This will turn out even better than raptor.

Drops dont matter too much on inverted coasters anyway IMO.

SFOG Freak
08-17-2004, 02:45 PM
New photo update!
http://www.americacoasters.com/KBFConstruction/81704/SB/pg1.php

That turn after the loop looks awesome, it's like an inverted overbank turn or something.

CPdude05
08-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the update. Construction coming along quite nicely. I didnt realize that that turn was so banked!

coasterking11
08-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Your complaining about the drop? who cares! I wish it was there was a stright non turning drop.......ive never got on but it doesnt bother me nor do i really care anough to say that drops that arnt to my liking suck.

Carowinds 73-03
08-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Nice update, At first i was not likeing the colors but i knew that would change one some of the ride was up. Still not the best colors for a coaster called Silver Bullet but it's not a big deal.

CPdude05
08-17-2004, 10:17 PM
It would be awesome if they had chrome plated trains! That would look so awesome!

RaptorXLC
08-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Wow! That turn is banked so much. That is gonna be awesome. Anyone know what angle it's on? Looks like it's inverted.

CPdude05
08-17-2004, 11:04 PM
It could break the record for the most banked turn. Who has the record now?
Didnt MF break that record?

Montu Man
08-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Those are the most horrible colors on the track I have ever seen.

CPdude05
08-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Why is it so bad! The colors look great together! I just dont like the plain red lift.

CPdude05
08-18-2004, 10:53 AM
update

http://westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0817041

Its not a very super recent update though.