PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i have BIG words in my sig?

SFGadvKing
11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
i had some big stuff in my sig and i just noticed it got really small. i even went back to my user cp and it said its still at size 6 and i even tried to change it to size 10 and nothing happened. im just wondering if this is a new rule or something?

Steven
11-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Because of abuse, we limited it to a size 5 or less. You can thank your fellow member Intamin_rules (and anyone who decided to make fun of him for it) for that.

It gets bad when my own eyes hurt from trying to read all of them. It's a discussion message board, not a playground for huge fonts.

Also, Funnies and Spoofs is on its last strike... one more and i'm shutting down the forum.

Cuddy
11-04-2003, 12:39 AM
I'll be the first to apologize. Yes, I did post in that thread using the big fonts.

However, such big fonts were very annoying and I am glad to see not only them reduced, but also Funnies and Spoofs on its last strike.

Chip
11-04-2003, 01:24 AM
I'd like to cite the case of ThrillNetwork staff v. Scrolling Marquee sigs (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16200). If it gets annoying and is way overdone, it's going to lose. Such is the case with these giant sigs. They can be OK in moderation, but when they get out of hand, people complain. Plus they're annoying!

Kraken
11-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Sorry about my huge font thread. The whole point of it was to say that I was annoyed with Intamin Rules inserting huge text in his posts recently. Lots of other people were annoyed by it to, so this I guess it was good for something.

leeloo1953
11-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Don't shut down the Funnies and Spoofs!! I really like that!! Yes some are too much, but give it a chance!!! If it's a bad thread, just close it. But don't get rid of it!! I have alot of fun there, when it's a fun thread to be in.

Ok, please?????

It's the one true place we can really be totally sarcastic, and I love that!

Steven
11-04-2003, 09:48 PM
We have given it enough chances. We posted warnings, we close inappropriate threads, yet people choose to ignore them. If we close Funnies and Spoofs, it won't be because we decided to... it'd be because those who choose to ignore the rules did so. If they ignore the rules, they don't deserve such a forum... simple as that. Don't blame us, blame them.