PDA

View Full Version : Old Timer on Board

HalfCentury
11-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Just found this site and had to join! Greetings from someone who has just celebrated fifty years of wild rides. And still pulling G's! Heading to Orlando in December and will hit the Kissimmee Skycoaster, 300 feet, yahoo! I harken from the old days of no seatbelts (cars or otherwise), no height requirements (ridin' with Daddy was security enough - and legal), and woodies, woodies, woodies. I've been to parks that aren't there anymore - Paragon Park, Riverview Park, ah, may they rest in peace. BUT -- the new stuff is AWESOME. I'm heading back to the boards to see who has been on X at SFMM and get some input. I've been on about 50 coasters overall - ha, ha, funny, since I'm celebrating 50 years. Doesn't sound like much, but I've been on some of them dozens of times. Thus far, biggest rush remains M Force. Best roller coaster of all time was the BOBS at Riverview Park in Chicago, which was destroyed in 1967, now the stuff of legends. Why? It was CRAZY g changes, super lateral g's, and slippery seats that made you SLAM against your riding partner (and vice versa). Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking all this out and getting some good ideas for trips beyond CP. Anyone know when Coaster Mania is scheduled for '04? See ya on the boards.

leeloo1953
11-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!! I remember those days!! Daddy was security or grampa! Please tell me you're older than me??? That would make me feel so "young"! LOL (even if it's just by a few days)!!

Anyway, glad to have you here and have fun. But don't take all you hear seriously, there's alot of joking going on around here.

Magnum Robert
11-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Welcome...welcome...welcome...

Lesson #1: Watch out for that leeloo person

Lesson #2: Bow down to Kraken

Lesson #3: I don't know...I haven't learned step #2 yet...

MaGnUmKeLly
11-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Lesson #4...Watch out for Robert
Lesson #5. Look up to step 4

Welcome to the club. Its so much fun here esp. LEELOO, oh did i say watch out for Robert Remember Lesson #4

coasetrphil
11-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Just say your older than leeloo so we can stop hearing that, "I'm so old," excuse for her every mistake. ;)

leeloo1953
11-06-2003, 08:11 PM
phil, you're about to be grounded for life!! I don't make mistakes, ever.

coasetrphil
11-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by leeloo1953
phil, you're about to be grounded for life!! I don't make mistakes, ever.

Thats what all moms say.

coaster_kid89
11-06-2003, 08:20 PM
So giving that WONDEFUL photo to Cris wasn't a mistake?

Anyway, WELCOME and don't let leeloo hit on ya:D;) Have Fun!

Magnum Robert
11-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by coaster_kid89
So giving that WONDEFUL photo to Cris wasn't a mistake?

Anyway, WELCOME and don't let leeloo hit on ya:D;) Have Fun!

Yeah, leeloo. that sure was some photo you gave to Cris. I'm even considering posting that pic on my web site. If you want to stop me, then you'll have to pay up!!! (Fee to be determined) :p

MaGnUmKeLly
11-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Great robert has a site and you never told me. Dont pay leeloo he has tried to get me to give him half of my bonus from cedar point and i dont get anything out of it. :o :o :eek: :eek: :devil:

Diesel
11-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Welcome, careful about Leo, she's going through her "increased-drive" stage. But don't worry, if you're 50, that makes you about 35 years too old for her.

Cuddy
11-06-2003, 11:18 PM
LeeLoo has someone she can identify with. Welcome aboard!!

Those Magnum people are strange breeds. Very troubled too.

The others, well, I can't speak for them.

Myself, a fan, but not a fanatic. I try to keep it real here.

leeloo1953
11-07-2003, 04:05 AM
HalfCentury, please ignore most of the above. I pretty much grew up at Eulicd Beach and I still miss it alot. Start posting and have some fun around here.

People, would you please not scare this one away!!

HalfCentury
11-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Okay, obviously, if I've been riding 50 years, I'm over 50! :) 54, actually, rode my first adult coaster at age 4 with dad, he was a barnstormer pilot and motion freak, so it's hereditary - he knew I would love it, and DID I EVER...So began a lifetime of obsession.

I have an idea for a new thread or room: RIDES THAT AREN'T THERE ANYMORE. In thinking about it, most, if not all, of those rides would NEVER make it to the public now, with all the safety stuff, etc. I never got on any of the Travers monsters (Crystal Beach Cyclone, etc.). There was one at Revere Beach, Mass, that was supposed to have been a killer (my dad rode it, of course). But I've seen track pictures, yikes. Anyone interested in telling these kids about rides that actually KILLED people? (Remember the signs "DO NOT STAND UP" ?? We could, no restraints.)

Anyone here a member of ACE? I remember when Bob started it up. Anyone ever do any of ACE's Exclusive Ride Time (ERT) at any park? Looking forward to chatting with y'all!

Diesel
11-07-2003, 08:59 AM
There you go leeloo, 4 years your senior.

Why don't you show him some of your fruit pictures?

Wes
11-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by CedarPoint_Mark

I think it must be an Ohio thing lol ;) J/k don't flame me :) :D

And HALFCENTURY Welcome!! Hola! All those things.

Glad to see someone else on here that is older than myself. I'm not that "old" at 31, but as you'll soon discover the average age on here is around 15-16.

And as far as other parks besides CP I've heard Penn has some nice coasters, (if you like woodys).

Anyways...glad to have you aboard, and have fun!

Magnum Robert
11-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by CedarPoint_Mark
LeeLoo has someone she can identify with. Welcome aboard!!

I agree that "those Magnum people are strange breeds". Perhaps leeloo should change her name to MagnumLeeloo1953. ;)

MaGnUmKeLly
11-07-2003, 10:42 AM
OH i am crazy hun, but I am not no strange breed.

leeloo1953
11-07-2003, 09:17 PM
I will not change my name. It's leeloo, and nothing else. And no more leo. I mean that Diesel!!!

HalfCentury, so glad to hear you are older than me. See, you guys can't make fun of my age anymore!!! There's now someone else to pick on.

Wes
11-07-2003, 09:26 PM
leeloo they will always pick on you :D I think it's why half of them post on here lol :D ;)

MaGnUmKeLly
11-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Robert picks on everyone including me. Mabye its because I know him so well now. Then again i pick on him as well. He knows better cause when it comes down to next season i know where he rides hahaha.

Magnum Robert
11-08-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by leeloo1953
I will not change my name. It's leeloo, and nothing else.

Correction, your name is leeloo1953. Duh!! ;)

And just because someone older than you finally appeared after all these years, does not mean that I will stop picking on you :devil:

Hey HalfCentury...didn't I say before to watch out for that leo person? But don't worry, I won't pick on you, HalfCentury. hehehehe:devil: :devil: :devil:

leeloo1953
11-08-2003, 07:32 AM
ok, so I forgot the 1953, so picky!! You're starting to sound like RCT...so, stop it.

HalfCentury, he will pick on you, he can't help it.

Anyway, my first coaster was The Thriller at Euclid Beach, I think I was 6, I can't remember exactly.

Wes
11-08-2003, 08:01 AM
^ They had coasters back in the 1800's leeloo???? ha ha just kidding. You set that one up so well. ;) Don't get mad, i'm just picking. :) ^

leeloo1953
11-08-2003, 08:10 AM
Oh no!! You're becoming one of "them". LOL

I never get mad. haha

MaGnUmKeLly
11-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Robert stop picking on leeloo or i have to come over and..... Ya and i know where you live and work lmao.

Magnum Robert
11-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MaGnUmKeLly
Robert stop picking on leeloo or i have to come over and..... Ya and i know where you live and work lmao.

You know I can't help myself. Leeloo's fun to pick on b/c she knows not to take me seriously (i should clarify and say she knows when to take me seriously and when not to).

I pick on you too, but then again, you deserve it!!! ;)

MaGnUmKeLly
11-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Magnum Robert
You know I can't help myself. Leeloo's fun to pick on b/c she knows not to take me seriously (i should clarify and say she knows when to take me seriously and when not to).

I pick on you too, but then again, you deserve it!!! ;)

RIIIIIGGGHHHTTTTT(doctor evil voice) I am a angel i dont think i need to be picked on.

Magnum Robert
11-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by MaGnUmKeLly
RIIIIIGGGHHHTTTTT(doctor evil voice) I am a angel i dont think i need to be picked on.

You definitely need to be picked on. Same goes for leeloo.

let this be a lesson to you, HalfCentury----Watch out!!!

Steven
11-16-2003, 11:51 AM
I hope you guys haven't scared him away... he's only posted twice!

MaGnUmKeLly
11-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Why do i have to get picked on. Your lucky i am not comming back next year robert lmao.

Wes
11-16-2003, 04:42 PM
I think we scared him off. HalfCentury come baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

MaGnUmKeLly
11-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Thanks robert, you scared the kid away. Thats its no more play time for you anymore. Tisk Tisk.

Magnum Robert
11-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Sure Kelly, blame me.....you and leeloo scared him away---I didn't.

MaGnUmKeLly
11-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Shure its the women's fault. ALways lmao

Wes
11-17-2003, 05:58 AM
I'm surprised the mods haven't shut this one down yet. It's not like were on topic or anything lol.

Steven
11-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Good point... Sorry HalfCentury :(.