PDA

View Full Version : Flat Ride Sim?

genezix
11-26-2003, 02:28 PM
How about someone inventing a sim for flat rides as well? It could use real rides like the Huss "Breakdance" and KMG "Experience" with full panel configurations for each. Just like operating the real rides!

Dynamite_Phase
11-27-2003, 09:33 PM
I don't really know if this counts, but I've seen someone make a regular thrill ride in No Limits. I can't remember for the life of me what the URL was, but he made an intamin drop tower, like Power Tower, in NL.

Graham
12-04-2003, 12:52 PM
I think Scream Machines has flat rides.... But I donít know for sure.

I donít think it would be worth someoneís time to make a flat ride game. It takes a long time to make a game like NL so I donít think someone would want to spend the time and money on a game that might not sell very well. After all there canít be much of a market for a game that just has flat rides.

:)

stevetothekizzo
12-04-2003, 02:48 PM
We would have a flat ride sim if RCT would get their act together.

runningjama
02-12-2004, 10:39 PM
I think a flat ride sim would be fun!!! I have a new obsession with flats lol. Ever sense my coaster obsession started and the fair came...yep!

Jerry S
02-22-2004, 09:35 AM
I don't really know if this counts, but I've seen someone make a regular thrill ride in No Limits. I can't remember for the life of me what the URL was, but he made an intamin drop tower, like Power Tower, in NL.

You're thinking of the space drop at www.coastercandy.com

Skye
04-23-2004, 01:38 PM
rct3 will probably have this, even if it's not that detailed. probably be good enough though.

RLLrCoastrLover
09-16-2004, 05:35 PM
I would enjoy a flat ride sim. I played this one thing called "control Freak" at this one site. It had some fair rides and some rides from Alton Towers, but I can't think of the site.

Siaye93051
09-30-2004, 10:20 AM
I brought up this idea in a thread at Coastersims before those heartless bastards cancelled my account. I think it'd be a good idea. And if you think about the concept of flat ride performance irl, it wouldn't be too hard to make one. All you need is:

-control rotate
-free rotate
-tilt
-lift
-swing

...and if done properly with different connectors and attatching them to different axis of the cars, the possibilitles are huge. If someone knew a lot of 'how-to' in programing and some free time, they could make some money off of it.

I found an operational 'breakdance' on a german forum. It was a lot of fun to play with the rotations and lights and stuff.

As for RCT in general, I don't think they'll have a flat-creator.