PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Coaster Forum

MST3K_FREAK6666
11-28-2003, 10:16 PM
For the past three months or so, I have more or less stopped posting at ThrillNetwork. Several things led up to this:

1. There's only a handful of old members left.

2. The overwhelmingly huge posse of semi-old regulars with way too many posts, none of which remotely contribute to anything.

3.The regulars who are left have made the forums almost unbearable with their stupidity.

4. It has been ridiculously boring since summer ended.

5. I've outgrown coasters.

Therefore, I've no incentive to post and feel no regret about abandoning these boards. Almost no one even knows me here even though I've been with these boards for 27 months. I've had loads of fun at CoasterForum over the years. I've learned and grown here, as well as dveloped a few friendships. Thank you all for the great memories I've had here.

You have thirty posts to convince me to stay. GO

P.S. I might check back when the coaster season starts up.

Edit: I realize these aren't allowed. But screw it, let me have my thirty posts.

Admin edit: Don't cuss, even if you mixed the letters up.

coasterz44
11-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Just wait till next season... Thats when things get good for a few days, until the next flood of n00bs comes in... good luck without us!

Kraken
11-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MST3K_FREAK6666
(Curse edited out by admin.)

You have thirty posts to convince me to stay. GO

No, you can go.

Bye.

radioactiveduck
11-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by MST3K_FREAK6666

1. There's only a handful of old members left.

2. The overwhelmingly huge posse of semi-old regulars with way too many posts, none of which remotely contribute to anything.

3.The regulars who are left have made the forums almost unbearable with their stupidity.

4. It has been ridiculously boring since summer ended.

5. I've outgrown coasters.

1. So? If your old friends have left, make new ones, that's how it works.
2. Like this thread contributes to anything???
3. If it bugs you, stay and help school the young'ns in the ways of the true enthusiast.
4. It usually is, but apprantley that hasn't stopped you in the past.
5. No one can outgrown coasters, people just tone down their levels of enthusiasm, because the general population really doesn't care about our coaster knowledge. Hence why we have Coaster Forum.

So in short, it's been fun having you on the boards, but if you want to leave...

BYE!

Chip
11-28-2003, 11:15 PM
Is it that hard to just silently disappear? You're contributing to the nonsense you so despise by making this post.

What gets me is why things upset you so much. So many more have had to go through a lot more of what you see, and we remain posting and enjoying ourselves.

As you said, these type of posts aren't allowed, so I'm locking it.

EDIT: Nice contribution, coasterz44. Oh wait. DELETED!