PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver

Jerry S
12-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Hey, is there a way to make NL Track files into a screen saver?

Or possibly, record the track in the sim and then use a program to make it?

Somebody please help me.

MaGnUmKeLly
12-11-2003, 03:24 PM
I would have to say ask Chip or steve on that question. MOds you might want to move this to the help area. I think thats where it might want to go.

Cuddy
12-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Meowcoaster, I'm not too sure I follow. You want to see areas of your coaster on your screensaver, or you want your screensaver to be like you are riding your coaster? I'm pretty sure you mean the latter and if you hunt around on the net, you should be able to find screensaver making tools that may allow you to do this.

The only way I can think of doing this is somehow making a movie file out of it (totally clueless here, possibly Windows Media file) and incorporating that with the screensaver creater. Again I could be way off my rocker.

Chip
12-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Chip can help!

There's a program out there called FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com). That will let you make videos out of what's on your screen. Many people make videos of their NoLimits coasters with this program.

I'm sure there are programs out there that can convert videos to screensavers. But to makeNoLimits to a video, use FRAPS.

Jerry S
12-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Thank you so much. I just got a new comp, and finally have my own sign in, so I can customize to the last detail! Thanx.

Matt M
12-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Wow thats a great program. Now I can send these tomy friends!

jerschwab
11-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Sorry to revive this old thread, but has anyone found a good way to start a specific coaster from a command line??

Thanks!

- Jeremy

Psyco Parrot
11-15-2004, 04:37 AM
Sorry to revive this old thread, but has anyone found a good way to start a specific coaster from a command line??

Thanks!

- Jeremy
"C:\Program Files\NoLimits Coasters v1.31\NoLimitsSimulator.exe" -s "%1"

"%1" being the path and name of the track

danny191993
11-19-2004, 08:36 PM
I already knew about Fraps, very great program.