PDA

View Full Version : MADONNA remains the QUEEN OF POP

chris17109
06-19-2001, 08:24 AM
From what I have heard - Madonna's new tour - the Drowned World Tour is like a thrill ride itself. She flies, soars and has all of the elements in her 2+ hour show. And, although her set list is full of songs post 1994 -- she throws in a few classic Madonna tunes over her amazing 20 year career.
<BR>
<BR>Anyone see the show? I am heading to the Philly show in July.

chris17109
06-20-2001, 06:38 AM
Why do people respond to forums that discuss annoying artists like Mariah Carey ---- but nobody has shared any comments about Madonna or her new amazing tour.
<BR>
<BR>Am I alone here??? MADONNA is the QUEEN of POP, right????

Supersonic
06-20-2001, 07:15 AM
Ok, I'll respond to your message. I do like Madonna. On one hand I'm not sure I like her, and on the other hand I really admire her. I think she has a lot of guts and nerve to express herself and not get caught up with what others think. Those are bold steps for women, who are usually subjected to looking proper and acting proper. So, I'll have to agree that Madonna is terrific, though I'm not the biggest fan of her songs. Some are great and others don't appeal to me. *shrugs*. I liked her best when she was doing the Ray of Light and taking care of her daughter. I thought she seemed most down to earth then.
<BR>
<BR>Supersonic
<BR>
<BR><!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-20 06:38, chris17109 wrote:
<BR>Why do people respond to forums that discuss annoying artists like Mariah Carey ---- but nobody has shared any comments about Madonna or her new amazing tour.
<BR>
<BR>Am I alone here??? MADONNA is the QUEEN of POP, right????
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

chris17109
06-20-2001, 08:09 AM
I totally agree --- I liked her Ray of Light period the best as well. She seemed real. But, one of the reasons that she has been so popular for 20 years is that she has an aura of something larger than life. She keeps us interested and you're right, she doesn't care what people think. She starts trends and the others still follow (mariah, janet, britany, etc).
<BR>
<BR>Hail the Queen!

OrdinaryFool
06-21-2001, 04:13 PM
I'm going to come right out and be brutally honest.
<BR>
<BR>For various reasons, I can't stand Madonna. She is my LEAST favorite singer of ALL TIME. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but I simply have NO respect for her at all, whatsoever.
<BR>
<BR>In my opinion, Karen Carpenter and Celine Dion are the greatest female vocalists of all time - and I think Karen, in particular, could have outsung Madonna anyday.
<BR>
<BR>Just my opinions. I'm sure I am in the minority with them.

S&SFAN
06-21-2001, 04:47 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-21 16:13, OrdinaryFool wrote:
<BR>I'm going to come right out and be brutally honest.
<BR>
<BR>For various reasons, I can't stand Madonna. She is my LEAST favorite singer of ALL TIME. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but I simply have NO respect for her at all, whatsoever.
<BR>
<BR>In my opinion, Karen Carpenter and Celine Dion are the greatest female vocalists of all time - and I think Karen, in particular, could have outsung Madonna anyday.
<BR>
<BR>Just my opinions. I'm sure I am in the minority with them.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>I like some of Madonna's songs but I would have to agree with you about Karen Carpenter even though I bet 90% of the people on this forum have never even heard of Karen Carpenter. My parents love the Carpenters so I grew up listening to them and her voice is definetly one of the very best.

OrdinaryFool
06-21-2001, 05:36 PM
I know what you mean. I will tell some of the "kids" at work (they are around 18-21) about her, and they say "Who?". They have never heard of her! Stands to reason, though. She died in '83. I remember when some of their early hits from around 1971 first came out. I was around 6 at the time, so I grew up throughout the 70's listening to her. I was crushed when she died. I never thought ANYONE would ever come close to matching her talent and vocal range until Celine came on the scene.
<BR>
<BR>

coaster man098
06-21-2001, 05:48 PM
i personally don't like her at all, or any pop artist. those songs are mostly done by unnamed editing people. give her just a microphone and the music will be lame. none of those pop stars could survive without the pre recorded music, voice changing thingys, and lots of editing. i prefer to listen to people who actually do all of there own music, like unloco or bad religion.

Kraken
06-21-2001, 06:55 PM
If Mama Cas had only given Karen Carpenter her Ham sandwich, they would both be alive.

chris17109
06-21-2001, 06:56 PM
NO OFFENSE TAKEN... If we all were huge Madonna fans --- the music industry would be boring.
<BR>
<BR>I also agree that her music isn't the greatest -- but she writes each song....and her hits have stood the test of time --- and after 20 years - she is still putting out number one records.
<BR>
<BR>For Madonna, she also has a huge impact on the world politically and socially. She admits she isn't the greatest singer or greatest dancer --- but she is more interested in being provocative and having her work be thought provoking.
<BR>
<BR>I have much respect for her ability to remain so popular for so long - and for never selling out --- but doing whatever the hell she wants. I think even many men envy her.

theriddler
06-21-2001, 07:13 PM
I have never heard of Karen Carpenter, but I hate Celien Dion. Not only is she anorexicly thin, which makes her look pale and sickly, her songs suck and she isnt consistent in hits at all.
<BR>
<BR>As for Madonna, I like her, but I think exactly the opposite. When doing Ray of light, she kind of created an eerie, far away feeling abotu her I think, not down to earth. I like Music much better.

chris17109
06-22-2001, 07:06 AM
the riddler, are you going to see MADONNA when she goes to LA over the summer??? I have tix for Philly ----2nd row CENTER!

OrdinaryFool
06-22-2001, 02:57 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-21 19:13, theriddler wrote:
<BR>I have never heard of Karen Carpenter, but I hate Celien Dion. Not only is she anorexicly thin, which makes her look pale and sickly, her songs suck and she isnt consistent in hits at all.
<BR>
<BR>As for Madonna, I like her, but I think exactly the opposite. When doing Ray of light, she kind of created an eerie, far away feeling abotu her I think, not down to earth. I like Music much better.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>It's funny that you should think that Celine Dion looks anorexically thin, because Karen Carpenter suffered from Anorexia, and eventually died from complications that resulted from it.
<BR>
<BR>You've never heard of her? You live in L.A. - so head over to Lubeck and Newville Avenue in Downey, and ask anyone if they know who Karen Carpenter was. You will quickly learn just what a fantastic singer she was.

Anaconda
06-23-2001, 06:34 PM
I think Madonna's newest songs (You think, and something like Don't you ever tell me...)
<BR>totally bite. Sorry if you like them but I for one do not.

Big Fancy rides
06-24-2001, 01:15 PM
She sucks.Nirvana rocks.

chris17109
06-26-2001, 08:02 AM
Dear Big Fancy,
<BR>How funny that you say Madonna sucks and Nirvana rocks.
<BR>
<BR>Madonna is the single one person who helped orchestrate Nirvana getting their record deal.
<BR>
<BR>Additionally, all of the members of Nirvana have said that Madonna was one of the main inspirations for them creating music.
<BR>
<BR>Think about that...

trock476
06-26-2001, 08:07 AM
she still sucks

chris17109
06-29-2001, 06:01 AM
trock476 --- you think Madonna sucks? Well, what have you done with your life? Do I taste a bit of jealousy???

Coasterman2k1
06-29-2001, 11:41 AM
I dont like her music but i have a lot of respect for her . She has been at the top for over 15 years which is hard , considering the music changes from the 80's till the present

Ben Keller
06-29-2001, 04:33 PM
Why would anyone be jealus of a woman with her own condam industry.Thats just sick.KURT COBAIN ROCKS!<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ben Keller on 2001-06-29 16:34 ]</font>

Supersonic
06-29-2001, 08:01 PM
[quote]
<BR>On 2001-06-29 16:33, Ben Keller wrote:
<BR>Why would anyone be jealus of a woman with her own condam industry.Thats just sick.KURT COBAIN ROCKS!
<BR>
<BR>I got news for you, Kurt Cobain USED to rock.
<BR>
<BR>Supersonic

Ben Keller
06-30-2001, 08:12 PM
Hes still the best.

chris17109
07-05-2001, 01:04 AM
Only 15 days until this six time Grammy Award winning - Golden Globe Best Actress Winning (EVITA) Icon known as the Queen of Pop hits the US....her Drowned World Tour 2001 in Philadelphia.
<BR>
<BR>Anyone else attending?