PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Carowinds 73-03
05-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I just checked the entertainment schedule and no idols were listed. Mabye their not singing just makeing an apperance and signing autographs.

DEJA-VU RULES
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Diana will win. Diana has the better voice and is significantly better looking than Fantasia.It is about time that someone agreed with me.

coasterz44
05-24-2004, 07:57 PM
I'd like to see Diana win, but I think Fantasia will win because alot of people I know seem to like her more. But you never know.

DEJA-VU RULES
05-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Who are you voting for tonight? I'm voting for Diana.

Wes
05-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Fantasia

Valpengeist
05-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Definitely Fantasia...

Carowinds 73-03
05-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Wow. What a show tonight. I think we all know who's going to win now. Let the voteing frenzy begin.

1-866-436-5702 (04) (06)

rapTORrock?
05-25-2004, 09:22 PM
I don't want to sound like the negative @$$ hole out of the group but I honestly am not attracted to any of their voices. I wouldn't buy a cd from either. I think Fanstasia is better if I had to choose but she has to learn that you pronounce an s instead of sh. For example, "Lets give em Shomething to talk about".

Carowinds 73-03
05-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Well atleast if you had to you made the right choice. GO FANTASIA.

If anyone cares Simon will be on Fox News @ 10 tonight

Valpengeist
05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Fantasia had gotten way over that... like, about eight weeks ago. This is the finals, remember?

Anyways, I'll now critique each one:

Diana: Song One: I Believe (AI song by Tamyra Gray)
I'll be honest- I was impressed. I thought everything about it was great- well, except for a little shouting at the end, but she really seemed to feel the song. It almost made me want to vote for her.
GRADE: A-

Fantasia: Song One: All My Life
Wow, Fantasia... this wasn't good at all. The arrangement was less than mediocre... but you still put a lot of soul into it, so as Randy would say, "gotta give ya props fo' dat."
Grade: C+

Diana: Song Two: (argh... can't remember the name!)
Nice one! This was just... good. Nothing super, but good. The beginning was excellent, but she seemed to get in a shouting match with the accompaniment towards the end.
Grade: B+

Fantasia: Song Two: Summertime
Perfect. In every sense of the word. Ok, not quite- she didn't seem to "feel it" like the first time she sang this song, but it was still ourstanding.
Grade: A

Diana: Song Three: Don't Cry Out Loud
Last week, when she sang this, it was excellent... but tonight, she fell apart. About midway through, she got way off key and rhythm... I actually felt sorry for her. But the last note was good... but that one area felt like a bad audition. Poor Diana- her last song had to include that.
Grade: C

Fantasia: Song Three: I Believe
OK- this was perfect! Soulful, inspiring... what words can describe it?
Grade: A+

So, final grade averages:
Diana: B
Fantasia: A-

My votes (over 200 so far!) go to Fantasia.

Carowinds 73-03
05-26-2004, 12:06 AM
200 votes tonight?? I got in about 5 so far.

Sparks
05-26-2004, 12:46 AM
I so want Fantasia to win. I hope she wins. I already voted, but I can't wait to see who wins.

Carowinds 73-03
05-26-2004, 12:56 AM
10 Min left to vote. I have gotten 8 votes in. I can't wait until tomorrow night.

Cuddy
05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
I believe Diana's second song was a Madonna song.

I saw Idol today...I did not like Fantasia at all, I felt during one of her songs that she was forcing out notes rather than just singing.

Carowinds 73-03
05-26-2004, 01:47 AM
She was. 2 of her 3 performances were great. The first was not very good imo. Same with Diana, she only had 2 good performances.

Wes
05-26-2004, 06:09 AM
...I honestly am not attracted to any of their voices. I wouldn't buy a cd from either.

I agree. I like both of them on a personal level, but I won't buy a CD from either one. Unless I hear it and actually like it.

Whereas Latoya or Jennifer I would/will.

Based on the singing last night, Fantasia should win easily.

Although, I don't agree with Simon. I think Clay is better than Fantasia. But that's just me.

DEJA-VU RULES
05-26-2004, 06:17 AM
I voted for Diana 22 times.

Carowinds 73-03
05-26-2004, 08:31 AM
I don't agree either. Clay was way better than Fantasia by far. I will buy Fantasia's CD but like you said only if it's worth buying.

DEJA-VU RULES
05-26-2004, 08:46 AM
I don't think anyone will care but you can support DIANA and FANTASIA in person.

Georgia and North Carolina will be hosting FREE live viewing parties TONIGHT - 5/26/04 hosted by Idol favorites. Bring signs, bring energy, and maybe you'll be on TV!!

FANTASIA FANS: Greensboro Coliseum, 1921 W. Lee St. Greensboro, NC. Doors Open at: 6pm FREE. Hosted by Clay Aiken

DIANA FANS: Georgia Dome, One Georgia Dome Dr., N.W. Atlanta, GA. Doors Open at: 5pm FREE. Hosted by Kimberly Caldwell

I found it on www.idolonfox.com (http://www.idolonfox.com/).

Valpengeist
05-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Ok- I just read Diana's second song was "No More Tears" (Enough is Enough) by Barbara Streisand/Donna Summers.

Fantasia's first song last night was terrible, but that can mainly be blamed on the arrangement. Meanwhile, Diana's last song was equally bad, but there was a malfunction with her earpiece, so she couldn't hear the music (that's when she went off so badly).

And Carowinds- you probably didn't get through so much because you live in Fantasia's home state... Here in Texas the lines were free after the first 30 minutes or so.

coasetrphil
05-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I definitely think that Diana will end up winning, just because of the people here in Georgia and the fact that they having been calling non-stop.

Wes
05-26-2004, 03:26 PM
And Carowinds- you probably didn't get through so much because you live in Fantasia's home state... Here in Texas the lines were free after the first 30 minutes or so.

Yeah, I tried for like 2 hours before I got a vote in for Fantasia.

Valpengeist
05-26-2004, 10:08 PM
After weeks of competition...

And an incredible finale...

And *65 Million* votes...

The winner is...

Fantasia Barrino!

America finally got it right! I can't wait for the release of her single...

Borg2004
05-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Yah NC Raised Up Again coming from runner up last year to American Idol this year

Magnum Robert
05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
I wonder if Elton John will cry that America is still racist. Whatever, Elt. Are you happy now??

Carowinds 73-03
05-27-2004, 02:38 AM
FANTASIA!!!!!!!!. My girl won. I counden't be happier.

Wes
05-27-2004, 05:06 AM
I wonder if Elton John will cry that America is still racist. Whatever, Elt. Are you happy now??

Yeah we're so racist, 2 out of the 3 American Idols have been black. :rolleyes:

Get a clue Elton ;)

Congratulations Fantasia!!!

Or Fan-ta-si-a as Simon says it. lol

Did they ever tell the break down of what percentage? They did last year, and I missed the first hour last night and was curious what the break down was.

DEJA-VU RULES
05-27-2004, 07:09 AM
They did not say what the percentage was.

Valpengeist
05-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Someone on one news channel (CNN, I think) said that about 1.3 million votes separated the two, so...

65 million votes overall...
About 33.15 million for Fantasia...
And approx. 31.85 million for Diana.

That's about 2% of the vote separating the two. Sure, it's not as close as last year (less than 1%) but way closer than season one (16%).

coasterlove
05-27-2004, 03:49 PM
There were over 30 million viewers last night, but it was slightly down from last year. I've included a link with a lot of different information about American Idol.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/news/fc?d=tmpl&cf=fc&in=entertainment&cat=american_idol

Carowinds 73-03
05-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Thats pretty close. Thanks for the info Coasterlove.

Wes
05-28-2004, 03:45 PM
...but way closer than season one (16%).

Yeah, because Justin can't sing ;) lol

Carowinds 73-03
05-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I was voteing for justin that year. I really diden't kelly that much. I still don't but i do like 4-5 of her songs.

Carowinds 73-03
05-30-2004, 09:59 PM
The American Idols were at Speed Street in Charlotte last night. Every one of them except for Fantasia & Diana of course. They were awsome. The also sang the national anthem at the Coca-Cola 600 tonight. Just awsome.

Zagreus
05-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Was Matthew Rogers there? I didn't see his name listed in the Charlotte Disturber on Friday as being one of the ones who were suppose to be there.

Carowinds 73-03
05-30-2004, 11:21 PM
No he wasen't. I correct myself. 8 of the top 12 finalist were on hand for both events not 10. I can't place who the other one was who wasen't involved.

Zagreus
05-31-2004, 02:29 PM
I saw the pic of them in the Disturber this morning. I didn't see him. Heard John Stevens didn't seem to be happy to be there.

Carowinds 73-03
05-31-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't think he did. JPL diden't either. He was interviewed and said this was his first race and he really diden't like racing but he has that contract with coke so he had to be there.

Carowinds 73-03
01-16-2005, 10:50 AM
It's that time again. American Idol starts in 3 days. The 4th season starts Tuesday, Jan'18th with the funny outtakes.

Will you be watching again this year?

coasterdude28
01-16-2005, 10:52 AM
i think i will watch it. i have in the past and liked it.

tgrocks
01-16-2005, 11:16 AM
yeah, i'll watch! I can't vote seeing that i live in Canada but its still fun to watch!

By th way, do they air Canadian Idol in the USA? If they don't its the same thing as American Idol. We've only had 2 seasons were u have had three but oh well. Our first winner was Ryan Malcolm. Have u heard of him? He sing "Something More" and "Star Of All The Planets". In the first season, my fave was Toya Alexis. She sang I Believe In You And Me better that Whitney Houston herself. It was the best performance I have ever heard on any idol show. Anywayz, she came in 6th. I was very dissapoited.

In the second season, for the first time ever, IMO, the top three competitors were the right ones. The most talented of the group. Kalan Porter, Theresa Sokyrka, and Jacob Hoggard. I actually had the chance of meeting all of them and getting their autographs in Toronto. I went to see them sing on Canadian Idol on July 28th 2004. It was British Invasion week and it was very good. Kalan And Theresa were from the begining my faves. They made it to the final 2 and Kalan won. I think Theresa was better then Kalan but, i liked them both so. Anyways, Kalans singles called, "Awake In A Dream". Have U Heard It?

CPdude05
01-16-2005, 11:34 AM
I hope that there will be another William Hung, with all the replays, but hope that america doesn't make him/her famous like William Hung, that was terrible.

Carowinds 73-03
01-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Nope they do not air Canadian Idol here in the states nor have i heard of any of the idols you mentioned.

Thats weird, they air American Idol in Canada but don't air Canadian Idol in America.

I think of the first 3 seasons the public has voted pretty good. Kelly Clarkson from the first season, Clay Aiken & Ruban Studdard from the 2nd season & Fantasia from the 3rd season. I think those 4 were the best of the group for the first 3 seasons, at least i voted for 3 of them the entire season.

The 2003 season the voteing was so close between Ruban & Clay that they just announced Ruban as the winner but gave both Clay & Ruban contracts.

There was also alot of voteing problems with Clays number that could have lost it for him but the problems were never addressed until well after the season.

After season 2 Clay has out sold Ruban in everything and been in the public eye alot more. To this day you continue to hear about Clay and i have not heard anything about Ruban in about 6 months.

Wes
01-16-2005, 07:27 PM
I'll be back for Season 4. This is the only show I watch every single week.

The auditions are hillarious and I also like music so it has two things going for it in my opinion.

I know someone that tried out for it this time and she's got talent, so I hope she makes it past the initial cut and maybe gets to sing for the judges.

sfft_2108
01-16-2005, 07:31 PM
I really haven't paid attention to American Idol in the past, but I think I am this time. The outakes look so funny, that they are starting to make me want to watch the show.

Valpengeist
01-17-2005, 09:20 AM
One more day... and I can't wait!

It looks to be a pretty good season. Over at the official website (idolonfox.com), they've got some good interviews with the judges and a video of people singing in line (Scooter Girl... is back!). All three judges say this season is the best by far- Randy goes so far to say that last year's top 12 probably wouldn't make it to the semifinals (and that's saying something!).

There are some changes this season. In the previous three years, after the Hollywood round, the judges selected 32 for the semifinals, where two people advanced from each of four groups and four wildcards were selected. However, this year, after the Hollywood round, 12 men and 12 women will be selected. The men will perform Mondays, the women on Tuesdays, and on Thursday, two will be eliminated from each group. This will continue until there are six men and six women, who will form the Final 12 and the finals will be like normal.

One day!

(BTW to Carowinds and whoever: http://clay.redhottopic.com/video2.php is a website with videos of every performance from Canadian Idol season two. They had a pretty good top ten themselves!)

Wes
01-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh noooeesss not scooter girl again...

I just hope it doesn't turn out like last year. Honestly Fantasia was NOT the best singer in the final 12 IMO.

All the teenager girls were voting for the cute girls and not for the ones that could actually sing. This is not voting for the prom queen people! lol

Valpengeist
01-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey! I voted for Fantasia all last season...

I just hope there won't be any more Jasmine Trias/Diana Degarmo "vote stealing" going on again... ;)

Wes
01-17-2005, 09:36 AM
^^ Yeah and the red headed guy, that was totally rediculous that he lasted as long as he did. The football player that got kicked off 2nd was better than him.

M_Force_2002
01-17-2005, 10:00 AM
If you live in the USA, near the Canadian boarder, as I do (Buffalo, NY) you can see Canadial Idol. We get a couple Canadian Channels as part of our normal cable package...

Carowinds 73-03
01-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I voted for Fantasia all season as well. So far every person i started out voteing for has won.

Thanks for the link Valpengeist.

M_Force_2002 or Valpengeist: Do you by any chance get Discovery Channel Canada?

Valpengeist
01-18-2005, 05:20 PM
^ Nope, there's no DCC down in Texas... :p

I just get all of my CI information from sites like beaversonidol.com.

For AI insight and commentary, I read foxesonidol.com and realitynewsonline.com.

Less than three hours!

Carowinds 73-03
01-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh ok, Nevermind then.

Only an hour away until the start of AI. Been waiting for this for way too long.

XRCfanatic
01-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Im not going to dedicate my self for 3 nights a week for American Idol. AI is going downhill....

The winners are forgotten within a couple months!

Valpengeist
01-18-2005, 10:08 PM
The winners aren't forgotten, actually. Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken are still big names in music today. Ruben's been kind of lost lately, and Fantasia is not as "mainstream" as the other three, but she'll be around for a while.

And besides, the show will only appear three nights a week for the first month or so. The finals will then resume as normal. Downhill? Riight....

The show's premiere tonight was just average, I would say. Wow, letting 43 people through is a lot, but the talent is there. The Italian guy from Hackensack stands out in my mind, and there are some great stories.

And Mary Roache is quite possibly the coolest freak I've ever seen.

XRCfanatic
01-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Last season did it for me

Wes
01-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Last night was hillarious as ever.

Mary...that girl was scary (the last girl). She kept saying that she heard voices in her head and then she said all her friends told her she was awesome. I think it's the voices in her head that told her she was awesome! lol

There was one black girl I think it was that needed a bra, badly. Her boobs were bouncing up and down and I was laughing at that as much as her bad singing.

Simon wasn't as mean this time around, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

These people are crazy though acting like they are shocked when Simon tells them they stink.

And whoever told these people they can sing needs to be slapped. You're not doing people any favors by lieing to them. lol

Oh and Toni Braxton's cousin, man he stunk. I was wondering before he started "well why hasn't Toni just gotten him a record deal already?" Well now we know... lol

RllrCoasterFan
01-19-2005, 12:40 PM
The winners aren't forgotten, actually. Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken are still big names in music today. Ruben's been kind of lost lately, and Fantasia is not as "mainstream" as the other three, but she'll be around for a while.

Notice the black contestaints are in the back and not as famous as the the other two.

I don't watch American Idol. All I saw was the one girl singing hanky panky...and kept flippin channels.

Wes
01-19-2005, 09:28 PM
^^ That's not because AI is racist or anything, Clay and Kelly have a much broader appeal than the other two.

I don't like the current R&B music out there and as a result I won't be buying either of their CD's.

Whereas I have both of Clay's CD's (Measure of a man and the Christmas CD)

Valpengeist
01-19-2005, 10:11 PM
^ Exactly.

I only got to see the latter half of the show tonight, but what I saw wasn't that great. However, the country girl from Oklahoma was very good, and I expect we'll see her again.

Wes
01-20-2005, 09:36 AM
^^ I agree. She was very good.

Oh and I found out about my friend from Charlotte, Fox 18 our local Fox affiliate has a contest each year and the winner gets an automatic trip to go before the judges.

Well she didn't win, although I can't imagine anyone beat her, but she has more of an Amy Grant style voice so maybe they had someone "louder" win it.

And as a sidenote, Clay Aiken LOST that same contest. He had to go to Atlanta to get on the show. And the girl that won in Charlotte that time is now a backup singer for Clay. :D

RllrCoasterFan
01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
I wasn't trying to say that AI(?) is racist. It is just sort of funny that they aren't in the spot light as much as the other two...if you can call that being in the spot light.

I realize that Ruben and Fantasia(who has the best voice out of all of them...and then Ruben. Who would expect that from him, considering his size and all.) haven't done that much and that is why not AI being racist or anything.

RLLrCoastrLover
01-20-2005, 03:48 PM
if you are confused AI is short for american idol, if not i am sorry 4 posting

Carowinds 73-03
01-22-2005, 12:02 AM
It's amazing that this maany people really think they can sing. I'm still not sure if they think they can or they just want to be on TV though.

I can't wait to see next weeks show where the previews said an auditition so bad the judges had to leave the room. Sounds like the next William Hung.... Maybe.

Dan G
01-22-2005, 12:22 AM
What's ridiculous is they let people like that into see the judges. My cousin tried out in San Francisco and believe me she can sing REALLY good. But they wouldn't let her see the three judges but they let people like William Hung in. It's unbelievable.

HPStormRunner22
01-22-2005, 07:43 AM
^ AI doesn't really screen based on if they can sing good. They wan't people who will keep the show entertaining. They saw William Hung and probably said, " If we advertise with this guy people will watch our show" and guess what it woked. It's all for entertainment. They really don't care what you sound like when you are screened.

Wes
01-22-2005, 08:16 AM
What's ridiculous is they let people like that into see the judges. My cousin tried out in San Francisco and believe me she can sing REALLY good. But they wouldn't let her see the three judges but they let people like William Hung in. It's unbelievable.

Well I've heard that the way the inital round goes they take 6 people, let all sing then they pick the best 2 and worst 2 and send them to the judges. That way there's always some "entertainment" for the audience.

Carowinds 73-03
01-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Did anyone watch the New Orleans audititions?

All i can say is wow, These people are crazy, 2 Audititions stood out from the show. One being the guy wearing black with black hair (forgot his name). That dud was a little creepy & his singing was too. I'm starting to think he really put a speel on Simon :)

The 2nd was the black guy, man what in the world. Maybe if i could understand a single word he said, I was rolling on the floor laughing the entire time, The dude bust have been on something. By far the funniest audition in the 4 years of the show.

Simon is also alot meaner this season. I can't believe he said no the the twins who were last on the show and i can't believe Randy & Paula just got up and left.

Funny thing is one of the guys (the twins) shows up at the Las Vegas Auditions. I winder how that will go.

Wes
01-26-2005, 08:14 AM
I completley forgot about it. What was the big controversy supposed to be?

bk2004
01-26-2005, 01:20 PM
I haven't watched any of it yet, but I will tonight because the Simple Life is premiering tonight after it.

The auditions are the funniest part of the show. When it really starts, I think it kinda boring. Only when it gets down to the last couple is when it gets really interesting, IMO.

Carowinds 73-03
01-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Paula was basically pissed at Simon the entire episode and closer to the end Randy got mad at simon as well so when simon said no to the twins that really set randy & paula off so they got up and walked out.

Simon must of not been in a good mood in New Orleans cause he was saying no to alot of really talented people that Paula & randy said yes to.

Wes
01-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Tonight was ok. I was glad one of the twins came back and got through to Hollywood.

The girl that was on the heavy side that was in a white shirt could really sing. I hope she does well, she could be a Top 10 singer.

Ryan F
01-26-2005, 10:35 PM
I thought the guy that sang "just cant wait to be king" did a great job...if he was given another chance to sing a different song where he didnt have to do two voices I'm sure he could've made it.

coasterdude28
01-26-2005, 10:52 PM
fisrt of all i think the whole thing between the judges is staged. i mean they wouldnt really fight like that unless it was to boost ratings which it does. but then again they are in the same room with eachother for hours on end.

secondly, the lady that was on the heavy side that sang towards the end of the show was very good. i could see her going very far and i just hope her appearence doesnt effect her chances. she really was good. and i think she sang Alicia Keys... hint-hint Bk2004....lol

Ryan F
01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
dont remind him...his avatar already gives me nightmares

Wes
01-27-2005, 08:17 AM
I thought the guy that sang "just cant wait to be king" did a great job...if he was given another chance to sing a different song where he didnt have to do two voices I'm sure he could've made it.

Well he had two things going against him.

The judges were already cranky by that point in the day.

He sang broadway style and they never let broadway style singers through.

If he would have sang another song more pop like I think they would have passed him.

Carowinds 73-03
01-27-2005, 11:22 PM
LOL, did anyone happen to catch what homeboy was saying. All i could under stand was Krunk or something like that & Can yall dig it. This guy must have been on something.

By far the funniest auditition in the shows 4 years.

Also did anyone catch the 44 yo guy who somehow got in to the show. They said he had proof showing that he was 28 but come on people, You would have to be a fool to believe that guy was 28.

bk2004
01-27-2005, 11:28 PM
My youth leader's friend got through! :) He's a youth paster also. I don't know his name though.

Oh, and who was that girl last night that sang an Alicia Keys song? What song did she sing? I missed it, but heard about that song she sand...of course. :D

Carowinds 73-03
01-27-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't know the name of the sone but it went like this: "some people want it all" Whichever song that is.

I also remeber a pastor makeing it through, he was on TV. You know that guy? How sweet.

I had a friend try out for season 2 & 3 but never made it through or on TV.

bk2004
01-27-2005, 11:34 PM
I don't know the name of the sone but it went like this: "some people want it all" Whichever song that is.

LOL. That's "If I Ain't Got You." You might of heard it on 95.1-the version with Usher on it though.

I also remeber a pastor makeing it through, he was on TV. You know that guy? How sweet.

Well, I don't personally know him, but my friend does. :D Does that count? j/k ;)

Carowinds 73-03
01-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah i have heard the sone a ton, Both versions but mainly the duet with Usher.

He was pretty good i thought, He might be one of the top 12.

Wes
01-28-2005, 08:11 AM
Also did anyone catch the 44 yo guy who somehow got in to the show. They said he had proof showing that he was 28 but come on people, You would have to be a fool to believe that guy was 28.

I know, that was funny. He had so much makeup on and it didn't even help. And it's funny that he couldn't even sing either. :rolleyes:

RllrCoasterFan
01-31-2005, 12:49 PM
My mom started cracking up at the buy who had the twin brother and the one host guy was saying all the -did- words in a quick sentence. She started cracking up again when they were showing the guy that sounded really tired and was singing "I'm so excited". It was pretty funny, my mom hardly ever laughs that hard at anything.

Carowinds 73-03
02-01-2005, 09:07 PM
What did everyone think tonight?

I thought there were some pretty good singers but none that stood out like in the previous weeks. Noting really jumped out and me good or bad audititions.

Montu Man
02-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Did you guys see Simon say "That was a performance I'd expect to see outside Magic Mountain at Disney"?

Wes
02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
^^ LOL I didn't even catch that lol.

I agreed more with Paula on that one anyway. I thought he should at least have a shot at Hollywood.

That scarylooking girl with blue hair could sing! Wow! Opera! That is some high stuff, she was great. I hope she can tone down the look a little though.

Maybe she'll have pink hair in Hollywood ;)

Carowinds 73-03
02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I loved her voice. Her look was ok but a little over the top but it was ok. I'm sure she'll tone it done a bit come Hollywood.

I just remebered hearing simon say Magic Mountain Disney. That was too funny. I was like huh.

Wes
02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Well he's not from around here, so we can't expect much.

American's can't get it right, how much should we expect from a Brit ;)

Montu Man
02-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I do think that crazy looking girl was good, and she sang a tough song, Phantom of The Opera. Kudos to her. I was laughing at how Paula tried so hard to get that last guy to Hollywood. And then Randy unenthusiastically (sp) was like welcome to Hollywood.

Carowinds 73-03
02-01-2005, 09:26 PM
On another note, I was finally happy to see paula take charge and not take Randy's & Simon's no's for an answer.

I'll admit they have let go a few very good people but this time Paula made here case and stuck up for the guy almost in tears and the guy made it through.

Way to go Paula.

Also i can't remeber the guys name that they announced at the end. It was some guy i reconized from a week or two ago returning. That would be the 2nd person to go to another city for another chance.

He was another one of those guys who were really good and was told no by everyone except Paula.

coasterdude28
02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
they probably have Idol groupies that go to every audition but never make it on to T.V.

Carowinds 73-03
02-01-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't know, Maybe.

I have never seen any return people until this season where 2 returned from weeks ago and next week there's even a guy returning from the season 2 auditions. That should be intresting.

Wes
02-01-2005, 09:33 PM
They've had a lot of people that can't sing, go to other cities or come in the following year and they STILL can't sing!!! lol

I actually sing and if I was young enough :sadface: I would have tried out for AI, so I can actually talk. Most of the people that come back a 2nd time don't improve. lol

The only one that did recently was one of the twins. He was very good. I liked him.

I though the "farm boy" tonight was pretty good, but nothing exceptional. By his looks I thought he was going to be another terrible singer.

Carowinds 73-03
02-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Well i feel that i can sing to but i could not see myself doing that. I am very shy and have bad stage fright. Maybe i'll try and work on those things and try for AI before i turn 28.

leeloo1953
02-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I think AI hit an all time low when it actually allowed, (even if for ratings), that damn "mime" to even try out. That had to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen on AI. Don't get me wrong, I love "mimes", I actually took mime lessons for a year. But, I'm sorry, that was just stupid.

As far as the "scary" girl as some of you call her, I actually loved her. I'm curious to see if she can get away from the "opera" sound to a more "pop singer" sound. I didn't think she looked "scary" at all. She looked like a lot kids these days. Hey, she didn't look anymore scary than Alice Cooper or Kiss did when they first started. LOL!!

So far my favorites, who I'm hoping will go far is the "scary" girl and the young man who the doctors said would probably never talk again. And yes, as soon as I saw him, I thought of Clay! I told my daughter, he reminds me of Clay and two seconds after I said that, Simon said the same thing!

Banjo4321
02-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Well I just had to post the highlight of the show for me, which was all of the Busch Gardens Tampa footage/advertising, since that is my home park.

leeloo1953
02-02-2005, 12:14 PM
And I just have to post that this thread is about AI, not "favorite" parks. Oh, I know, I'm get trouble for speaking my mind. This thread has "nothing" to do with "parks"!. I could said wow!

Well you football people, start posting how Browns Stadium was shown. Oh and you Rock and Roll people, start posting about the Hall of Fame. You know, there are other threads to talk about your home park. Please.

I'm sorry, little things are starting to bother me, alot!

RllrCoasterFan
02-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I watched the AI that was on last night with my mom. LOL! Did anyone see the mime? That was hilarious...and that one girl that got turned down because of the way she looked was bs. She could sing. I agree w/ Randy though on the one guy that sang James Brown and danced too. He did look like someone you'd see at a show at Disneyland.

leeloo1953
02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
I watched the AI that was on last night with my mom. LOL! Did anyone see the mime?

Wow, I know now for sure, that newer members don't read previous post at all!!!

coasterdude28
02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
well, not to argue with you Leeloo, but that was atleast AI related. it's on again tonight. who's watching?

leeloo1953
02-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Then he should have looked to at least the past 4 post before he asked if anybody had seen the mime??? I'm sorry, but I read every post to make sure nobody mentioned the mime before I posted. I won't do that anymore.!!

Cid
02-02-2005, 06:54 PM
well, not to argue with you Leeloo, but that was atleast AI related. it's on again tonight. who's watching?

I'm not! Aside from the fact that I don't have an antenna hooked up to my TV or cable, I've never been a huge fan of the American Idol concept. Maybe its just me.

I was excited to hear that two people I knew from Cedar Point made it into one of the higher rounds. I've personally witnessed both of them sing, on more than one occasion I can vouche for they're talent. I don't know if their still in it though as I don't watch the show.

And RllrCoasterFan has been here almost a year. Him not reading post doesn't have to do with being new. I vote laziness. I too skip post sometimes too though.

coasterdude28
02-02-2005, 09:19 PM
AI just ended and there were only a few good singers. there were plenty of bad ones though. i have a feeling that the top 12 will not be as good as in the past this year. the one guy that sang 'I left my heart in San Francisco" was good. i can see how some people might not have liked him but i liked him.

Carowinds 73-03
02-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Finally the auditions are over. Now the real fun can begin and i can start voteing.

Can;t wait to get to the final 12 and start voteing.

XRCfanatic
02-03-2005, 07:51 PM
we have 2 weeks of hollywood rounds
then 3 weeks to cut down from 24-12 finalist(4 gone each week)
then 11 weeks to go from 12-1 idol

Wes
02-03-2005, 07:51 PM
I haven't heard that many this year that wowed me.

Based on what I've seen so far, the talent isn't as good as last year. But they could surprise us.

XRCfanatic
02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Simon was overheard saying that there were no standouts this year, and we may get another ruben/fantasia winner.

HPStormRunner22
02-03-2005, 08:04 PM
This year has some ok talent so far. But the least out of all of the years. Now it is time for me to stop watching the show until the end. The mid-season is boring to me.

coasterdude28
02-03-2005, 08:40 PM
they also might have not shown the really good ones to suprise us.

Carowinds 73-03
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Of course. They did that in past years. They never showed Clay's, Ruban's or Fantasia's audition. I think they showed Kelly's but can't remeber.

Carowinds 73-03
02-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Great episode last wed. I'm in shock about the girl who just withdrew from the show. I guess some people just can't take the pressure.

Also veru excited that the judges gave those 3 guys a 2nd chance. They did really bad but the had the guts to try a song like that that no one else wanted to touch.

Wes
02-12-2005, 09:41 AM
^^ I was surprised that she left too.

Myself, I wouldn't have given those guys a 2nd chance if I had seen all that footage beforehand of them messing around in the hallway.

They didn't do anything but goof around all the time and didn't even try to learn their lines.

They are very lucky.

I hate the group singing every year. They only do it IMO just to cause "drama" to happen and for people to get into fights.

They need to leave the parents at home too. I wanted to slap that guy that was like "I'm just trying to help my daughter by butting in and telling them that everything they are doing is wrong..." lol

Wes
02-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Tonight was so rediculous as it always is.

They drag it out and drag it out for an hour when they could have told us in 20 minutes. grrrrrr

The one that was so stupid was the black guy that went on and on about being cut. Saying, what are they looking for!!!!???

I was thinking, "people that can sing". His last song was awful.

I'm also glad that Jackson girl (who looks like a guy) is gone. She sang like a chipmunk and her mom got on my nerves.

Tomorrow they will cut 20 more and that will be the final 24 and then the "real" competition starts where America can start voting.

Ryan F
02-16-2005, 10:00 PM
wooo....good show tonight
I'm happy that Scott and Constantine both made it into the finals, they have to be my two favourites for this one.

Montu Man
02-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Tonight was suspenseful, but my favorite part was a review of the season so far right before the end. "Not to shabby..." lol.

coasterdude28
02-16-2005, 10:05 PM
it was a good show tonight but i dissagreed with some decisions.the second to last guy to make it i did not like. i think his name is scott. i liked the recap at the end. "not to shabby" lol

Montu Man
02-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Thank you for repeating the second part of my post.

coasterdude28
02-17-2005, 03:15 PM
you're welcome.it just cracks me up everytime i hear it.

Wes
02-17-2005, 04:06 PM
wooo....good show tonight
I'm happy that Scott and Constantine both made it into the finals, they have to be my two favourites for this one.

Constantine is really who I was pulling for last night. He's been cool and not been cocky like a lot of the others.

It helps I guess that he's been singing in a band for a while so he's over that stuff by now I guess.

slnewbus
02-17-2005, 04:21 PM
I can't believe you people waste your time in that show. It's the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER. It was good for the first ten minutes of the show, then after that it just got really repetitive. Plus, come on, the judges are not worthy of judging people at the level they try to be. Plus the people that come out of that show suck. They never make it very far. All of them are terrible.

Ryan F
02-17-2005, 04:34 PM
thank you for the opinion, it will be disregarded:)

medieval
02-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Dude, its just a show chill out.

Now I dont watch the show, because I dont like it very much IMO. Just, I dont care if people watch it or not, its their opinion on what they like. Now, my sister watches it, she likes to see people sing, which is fine with me. I wouldn't call it a waste of time.

But, even though I dont watch it, I dont think that everyone sucks. I know, their are some good ones, which is cool. I just like how people go out and try to do something thats most likly part of their dreams.

Wes
02-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I can't believe you people waste your time in that show. It's the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER. It was good for the first ten minutes of the show, then after that it just got really repetitive. Plus, come on, the judges are not worthy of judging people at the level they try to be. Plus the people that come out of that show suck. They never make it very far. All of them are terrible.

If the shows sucks, why are you posting in the thread about it? :confused: :rolleyes:

Valpengeist
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
"They never make it very far..."

?

Last time I checked, Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken were two of the hottest names out there now. Ruben's been low-key, and Fantasia is gaining the acceptace of a lot of folks out there. Sigh... some people just "don't get it..."

I think this year's top 24 looks great, but I don't have any favorites yet. It all begins next Monday!

Carowinds 73-03
02-18-2005, 04:06 PM
If anyone can remeber the girl's name from Charlotte please let me know. I'll figure it out when the show-down begins for the girls tuesday.

I'll be voteing for her in the girl. Boys i'm voteing for Anthony Federov.

Wes
02-18-2005, 04:07 PM
What girl from Charlotte? There's a girl from Greensboro who made it through I think.

Carowinds 73-03
02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
There is a girl from Charlotte. There was a piece on Fox News about her 2 nights ago.

Wes
02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Nope, she must have not made it through.

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/sarah_mather/

^^ This girl is from Wilmington, NC, but no other girls made it from NC.

Carowinds 73-03
02-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah thats her, Matther. Fix news said she was from Charlotte.

Wes
02-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Maybe she lives her, or did. That'd be funny having 2 out of 4 years having a resident of Charlotte in the finals.

Carowinds 73-03
02-18-2005, 04:15 PM
And still they don't do audititions here.

I thoight that maybe after Clay & Fantasia the judges would hold audititions here. Maybe next year.

Wes
02-18-2005, 04:18 PM
I've heard, and I don't know if this is true or not...

But becuase all 2 of the 3 winners and 2 of the 3 runners up were from the South that they are not coming back to Atlanta or at least they weren't this past year.

Look at where they went... D.C., Orlando (not really the South), St. Louis, Las Vegas and San Fran.

They are going to avoid the South now it seems. But that doesn't make sense. The most talented person should get in. Clay has outsold all the other "idols" combined.

Carowinds 73-03
02-18-2005, 04:23 PM
If thats true then their makeing a big mistake. Why would they avoid the south if this is where the best talent has come from.

Maybe if Mather's does realy well then maybe they'll come back to the south.

At least the did go somewhat close. She audititioned in DC.

Crazy4bssnc
02-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Sarah was originally from Montreal Canada, moved to Charlotte when she was 10, graduated Providence High School, attended UNCW and now resides in Wilmington. Come visit her fan site http://www.sarahmatherfans.com (http://www.sarahmatherfans.com/)

Carowinds 73-03
02-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Thanks. It's pretty funny. A girl i work with just told me tonight that the her daughter & sons knew here at Providence High.

It's weird to think she went to school right across the street from me.

Wes
02-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Ok what did everyone think of the first "night" of singing?

Myself I thought Constantine (6) the music teacher (7?) and the last 2 were the best. The guy that was 3rd was good too, but was way too safe.

For those that didn't catch it tonight this is what they'll do the next 3 weeks.

Mon-Guys or Girls sing (tonight guys)
Tue-The other group of 12
Wed- 2 guys and 2 girls will get booted for the next 3 weeks.

That will leave them with 12 finalists.

Ryan F
02-21-2005, 10:01 PM
My vote went to Constantine

coasterdude28
02-21-2005, 10:02 PM
i missed it tonight. i heard it was ok. hopefully i'll catch tomorrow or Wed.

Carowinds 73-03
02-21-2005, 10:33 PM
I'll let you know in a bout an hour. Had to work at park tonight and i TiVo'd it.

Can't wait to see these guys really go at it. I still think my vote goes to Anthony but i'll let you know.

slipknot8527
02-21-2005, 10:52 PM
EL OH EL

I saw the finalists for the show while I was bussing tables, and all I thought was...oh god, how could Carowinds possibly pick from all these gay guys.

Carowinds 73-03
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
I never got a chance to wath it last night. I still have it recorded but i feel asleep so i'll watch the guys tonight right after the girls finish. After watching both i'll pick who i'm voteing for.

Can't wait to see the girl from Charlotte tonight or whereever she's from. I'll more than likely vote for her unless i don't like her voice.

Valpengeist
02-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Overall, last night was just boring. There was very little "wow" factor for me, but I'll allow it, considering it's the first night.

The Best:
1) Bo Bice- man, this guy rocked! If he'd just clean himself up a bit and work on his charisma, he'll be an easy top 10 pick for me.

2) Mario Vasquez- yeah, he was good, and he probably had the best 'performance,' but he's still just a little too boy band-ish for me. A little too smooth.

3) Anwar Robinson- very smooth, very soulful... he just seemed a little nervous, but I'm guessing it's just first night jitters...

Who do I think will be going home? Well, Jared Yates is probably one; he gave a very safe and boring performance. I don't know who else...

I'm really hoping the girls pick it up tonight... but I'm sure they will.

ThunderDan
02-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Bo Bice, Mario Vasquez, Nikko Smith and even Scott Savol gave great performances.

Of all the shows I watched today, nobody seemed to mention that Anwar Robinson seemed out-of-tune. Maybe it's my ear.

I hope Yates and Fedorov pull it together. I like playing it safe, I always thought Clay Aikmen was too showy!

Ryan F
02-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Alot of the girls were really good tonight, but I'd have to say my my top two would be Carrie and Mikalah, with my bottom two being Janay and Sarah.

Wes
02-23-2005, 03:36 AM
The girls definetley were better as a group than the guys.

I fell asleep towards the end but I caught all of them I think. All I remember is that I voted for whoever was 6th. lol

Carowinds 73-03
02-23-2005, 04:28 AM
I recorded the girls and when i got homr around 10pm i watch the guys & girls together.

I'll have to agree with some of the judges this time by saying more than half of the girls & boys were just not good. They were all playing it safe.

It was nice to see a few contestants come out and be themselves.

Overall for the guys i like Anthony and because he has an awsome voice and thats all.

Not really sure about the girls yet, I'll have to catch another episode with them as they were all pretty dull last night.

Ryan F
02-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, I called it on Sarah, but I thought for sure Janay would've been out.
As for the guys, all I have to say ouch for Jud...that must've hurt the way he was sent home.

RNRMontuX
02-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah all the guys seem really good this year. Most of the girls seem to sing about the same to me. I think they are all kind of monotone, except a few.

But anyways, my favorite is still in there....Constantine.

coasterdude28
02-23-2005, 10:35 PM
the girls that were eliminated tonight were the right ones to go. they were not good enough for the top ten. as for the guys, i dont really have a favorite. all i can say is i dont like Scott because of his attitude in the first hollywood audition. other than that, at this point, i have no favorites. the way the kicked Jud off was harsh but good.

Wes
02-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Well I'm a bit biased as one of the girls lived in Charlotte, but she wasn't that good so if she kept singing like that she would have gone next week anyway.

The guys... the first guy should have gone, the 2nd wasn't the one IMO. I thought the black guy in gray with dreds (not Anmar) the other guy. He was horrible Monday and should have gone.

They scared me when they had Anmar up there at the end. I was like...no!!! He's one of my favorites!!! lol

Overall America has picked pretty good this week.

We'll see how it goes this year. Hopefully we won't have the fiasco we had last year.

RCTfan
02-24-2005, 12:14 AM
I thought the people that left tonight were good choices. I didn't feel the need to vote either episode because I'm not in love with anyone just yet. I'm glad Judd is gone because I would get annoyed with him very soon. I hope Travis Tucker leaves soon too.

With the guys, my favorite is Anwar Robinson, the school teacher from New Jersey.

For the girls, I like Nadia the most. Vonzell and Mikalah are my other favorites. We'll see how it goes!

Carowinds 73-03
02-26-2005, 02:36 AM
I'll have to pick a new girl to vote for now since home girl was vited off the first week.

Carowinds 73-03
02-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Just wanted to throw up a little reminder in case no one remebered AI tonight.

Is it the girls or the guys tonight?

Wes
02-28-2005, 07:12 PM
^^ I don't know. I bet they will switch it up and let the girls go first this week. We'll just see in 45 minutes I guess. lol

Carowinds 73-03
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Did anyone catch the show? I fell asleep :( How was it?

Wes
03-01-2005, 10:06 AM
^^ By far the guys were much better this week.

My favorite this week was Bo Bice. That dude could front Van Halen and pull it off! I really didn't like his song the week before, but this week was great.

2nd favorite would be a tie between Constantine and the guy that looks like Clay Aiken a little. Constantine didn't sing that great, but did a decent performance and I like his personality too.

Carowinds 73-03
03-01-2005, 05:25 PM
I did get to see it. My TV Tivo'd it and i didn't even know it until this morning.

I agree, They guys were 100% better this week except for a few. I do like Constantine but i felt he was off this week but he's still safe i'm sure.

As for Bo i also agree that he much improved. I thought he was just awful last week.

As for The Clay Aiken guy (Anthony Federov). He was just wonderfull last week and he stepped it up even more this week with a wonderfull song.

I thought it was funny when Simon even commented on how good the background was for his song.

Girls tonight. I'll have to find a new girl to vote for tonight.

Wes
03-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Well the results...

I'm glad David Brown is gone, he sang horribly the last two weeks IMO.
I was surprised though that Joseph Murena went this week. He didn't do so hot last week, so that may have hurt him. He was much better this week and I thought Nikko should have gone. He just gets on nerves for some reason. I don't like his voice either.

The girls weren't much of a surprise at all. Both needed to go IMO.

And what's with this thing of "I got voted off because I didn't get enough air play"???

They got just as much as anyone else did the past two weeks. That's bogus.

Ryan F
03-03-2005, 01:43 PM
I think they mean "airplay" as the cameras didnt focus on them alot during auditions and the first weeks of Hollywood. So the public might already have a bit of a bias towards others that have got more airplay than others.

Carowinds 73-03
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
So far America is getting it right. The worst singers are getting voted off as they should be. Finally i think america is no longer voteing on looks.

Wes
03-05-2005, 08:40 AM
^^ It's too early to decide that though.

Last year it wasn't until the Top 7 or so that they started all that crap of voting for John (the red haired guy) when you should have been voted off at #8 or 9.

Carowinds 73-03
03-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Very true. I think once it gets down to the final 10 it's going to get intresting. Just as soon as we get this 3 night shows a week out of the way unless thats how their doing it all season long.

Wes
03-06-2005, 09:51 AM
^^ This week will be the last from what I understand. After that we go back to Tuesday and Wednesday only.

Ryan F
03-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Nikko and Anwar were both friggin awesome tonight.
It's going to be a really tough competition.

Carowinds 73-03
03-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Can't remeber the one guy who did some type of raping or be-boping thing whatever it called but that guy and Constatine will both be gone wed. Those 2 were by far the worst performances of the night.

Wes
03-08-2005, 08:13 AM
^^ I agree on the first, he did a horrible version of that Bobby Brown song.

He can't sing that well, he can dance but that's about it. If he were ugly, he'd never have made it this far.

I think Constantine will make it into the top 12. He's just got a good personality, if a little annoying sometimes. I don't agree with Simon last night, I thought that was one of his better performances.

Best performance last night was Anwar IMHO.

Valpengeist
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, it looks like the guys outsang the girls. Again.

How I'd rank them:

GUYS (didn't see Scott or Bo):
1) Anwar (wow... incredible; gave me chills)
2) Nikko
3) Anthony
4) Mario
5) Constantine (I see potential, but I'm thinking he'll be leaving; either he or Scott)
6) Travis (go ahead, pack your bags)

GIRLS:
1) Nadia (wow, again, she gave me chills; she was superb tonight!)
2) Jessica
3) Vonzell
4) Carrie
5) Mikalah
6) Amanda (could be gone...)
7) Lindsey (could be gone...)
8) Janay (please, get rid of her... I feel sorry for her; she's so outclassed at this point)

What a top twelve this will be!

tgrocks
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Guys:

1. Anwar (i want him to win)
2. Nikko
3. Mario
4. Bo
5. Constantine
6. Scott
7. Anthony
8. Travis

Girls:

1. Vonzell (personal fave of girls)
2. Nadia (close 2nd)
3. Carrie
4. Jessica
5. Lindsey
6. Amanda
7. Janay (not ready 4 AI just yet but has a lot of potencial)
8. Mikalah

Ryan F
03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Janay needs to be voted off....now. I have no idea how she made it this far, what's wrong with America? seriously.
Along with Janay leaving I also see either Amanda or Lindsay going bye bye.

Wes
03-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Janay needs to be voted off....now.

I agree.

I hope Nikko goes tonight as well and that guy that dances but can't sing.

Ryan F
03-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, I must say that this is a very good top 12.
The only thing I didn't see was Scott going through. As much as I like Scott I thought for sure that Nikko would've made it through.

Carowinds 73-03
03-10-2005, 01:50 AM
I agree. The best top 12 in the history of AI.

Did anyone else here the total of votes from mon & tue? The show as far as i know has never gotten over 40 million votes and tonight Ryan said the last 2 days brought in over 120 million votes. WOW. Between the rateings & the top 12 this is by far the best season ever.

Looks like another few years of AI after this season.

Wes
03-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Last year and this year have the best looking top 12 groups IMO.

I am so glad Janay and Nikko are gone!! I'd take Scott over Nikko any day.

For once it looks like America got it right.

Carowinds 73-03
03-10-2005, 04:42 PM
So now that the top 12 is set who is everyone voteing for?

My pick is Anthony Federov.

I really think a guy will win it this season. The guys seem so much better that the girls.

Ryan F
03-10-2005, 04:52 PM
My pick is Anwar
My wish is Constantine

leeloo1953
03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm not ready to pick. I still have 5 favorites in there, 4 guys, one gal. Oh well.

Wes
03-11-2005, 08:23 AM
My 3 favorite guys Anthony Fedorav, Bo Bice and Anwar (can't think of his last name)

The girls are so "blah" this year, I really don't have anyone I'm blown away by.

I had no idea till last week that Anthony had grown up in the Ukrane!!! You can't even tell that he has an acent or anything.

Carowinds 73-03
03-12-2005, 09:29 PM
I didn't either. Last week was the first i had heard also. The only thing i knew about Anthony was at the start of the show he mentioned his accident where he had surgery on his throat and that he was a very bad singer until then.

Carowinds 73-03
03-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Mario Vazquez Drops Out of 'American Idol'

Nikko Smith (voted out last week) will take his place.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/tv/article.adp?id=20050313231709990001

Montu Man
03-14-2005, 10:03 PM
His family issues mus be extremely urgent, as he made it all the way to the finalists on AI.

Carowinds 73-03
03-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Well the rumor is that he has signed a recording contract with another company which i completely believe.

ErioL
03-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I heard he didn't like the restrictions "Idol" would have put on him. I don't know though, I've watched the show like once in my whole life.

Carowinds 73-03
03-14-2005, 11:02 PM
What kind of restrictions does Idol have? I really don't know.

I know they have a curfew but thats the only restriction i know of.

coasterdude28
03-14-2005, 11:19 PM
that is a shocker! he was a fan favorite by far and he had alot of talent. hopefully he will come back to the music world in the future.

XRCfanatic
03-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Those contracts must really suck, no wonder Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson left 19 entertainment

Wes
03-15-2005, 07:59 AM
They are only required to record one CD with 19 Entertainment.

From what I've heard they get almost nothing off the sale of the CD's through them.

I can't believe that Nikko is back. I can't stand him. I hope he goes first. :devil:

Carowinds 73-03
03-17-2005, 10:51 PM
I also found out why they all leave 19 after that one CD. I heard that for the first CD the artist only gets 50% of the profits unlike 75-80 with other labels.

That could be why Mario left.

Carowinds 73-03
03-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Yaaaa. Makaliah is finally gone. I never understood why she mad it this far.

The did the voteing off last night since there was a human error with the phone numbers tue night.

Also i was a bit sad, Anthony was placed in the bottom 3 last night but then again Ruban was in the bottom 3 one week.

coasterdude28
03-25-2005, 09:18 AM
yea, i am glad that Mikayla(sp... but who cres) is gone. she was not that good and i could not stand her attitude. she was very full of herself and VERY annoying. anyway i hope that Anthony doesn't get in the bottom three next week. i would like to see Scott go next. i don't like him.

coasterdude28
03-25-2005, 09:55 AM
sorrry for the double post but Paula Abdul has been charged with a Hit and Run and faces possible jail time. i wonder if this will affect the show. http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/music/article.adp?id=20050324152609990004

Wes
03-25-2005, 10:40 AM
^^ It doesn't say she faces jail time, it says she's on probation.

Mikalah is gone!!! w00t!!! ;party;

I'm so sick of her mouth (singing and otherwise).

Martin
03-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow, I never would have thought that this would happen to Paula. Maybe if she wouldn't have just drove away, she wouldn't be on probation and would only have to pay for the damage costs of the other car. Silly Paula.

Wes
03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Well it really doesn't say what happens except that she "clipped" another car.

She could have been driving down the road with the radio up, or Simon at her side or whatever and not even heard it.

Martin
03-25-2005, 12:24 PM
So she is on probation for clipping a car, and supposedly not noticing it is what she is saying?

coasterdude28
03-25-2005, 12:32 PM
this quote confused me "The charge carried a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine." i didn't realize that she was already charged cause i was just skimming. sorry about the confusion.

Wes
03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
So she is on probation for clipping a car, and supposedly not noticing it is what she is saying?

She please "no contest" so yeah, pretty much.

Martin
03-25-2005, 01:59 PM
She is ridiculous. American Idol is so boring sometimes, the only singer that actually got somewhere from that competition is Kelly Clarkson.

Wes
03-25-2005, 02:26 PM
^^ Hmmmm... I beg to differ. Clay Aiken has outsold her and Ruben Combined.

Valpengeist
03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
^^ Who is "she?" And I disagree with pretty much everything else you said...

But anyways, I knew Mikalah wouldn't win, but it was still sad for me to see her go. Sure, she didn't have a great voice, but I loved her personality and she will be missed... but I fully expect that we'll be seeing her A LOT elsewhere in the future.

But about Tuesday's performances...

WOW! Carrie delivers what is (so far) the performance of the season with "Alone." It was brilliant, powerful... just if she would 'connect' with the audience a little more, she'd even have more stock in winning. I mean, I'm listening to the song right now; she's a lock for the final three.

Poor Nadia. After bringing a knockout performance last week, she brings us "Time After Time," which really wasn't that bad once I stopped laughing at the mohawk. She'll rebound next week, and I don't expect to see her in the bottom three again for a long time.

Bo's "Time in a Bottle" may have seemed boring at the time, but he was safe to do it, and since I've downloaded it, it's one of my favorite performances. He does have a good recording voice.

Vonzell stepped it up a notch with an outstanding rendition of an old, boring song. I think she's good for several more weeks; maybe even all the way to the top four or five.

I also enjoyed Constantine's performance (he's growing on me), and Jessica stood out as well. Anthony wasn't too bad, I guess, and Nikko was just kind of boring (although he did do well).

My least favorites of the week were Scott (geez, I hope he's gone in 2-3 weeks) and (surprisingly) Anwar, who has just begun to bore me. And it seems like he's off key quite a lot...

I'd rank their performances this week in this order: Carrie, Vonzell, Bo, Jessica, Constantine, Anthony, Nikko, Anwar, Scott, Mikalah (who, I'll add, sounded much better after she was eliminated).

Next week? Look for Nadia to rebound, Bo to really rock the house, and for Carrie to establish herself as a definite front runner. I'm predicting a bottom three with Anthony, Scott, and Nikko (surprise- all guys)... but I'm not sure who will go home, though I've picked Anthony.

Season four, by far, has the most talent ever seen on an American Idol stage.

EDIT: Those were my "initial impressions." After re-watching the show and several performances, I'd rank them a little differently:

1) Carrie (I mean, WOW! She rocked the house- perfect song, wonderful power and control. I'd have to say that this is the second-best Idol performance I've ever seen, right behind Fantasia's "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life")

2) Jessica (Simon was right- these two ladies stole the show. I'm just in love with Ms.Sierra's husky tone- she's like a mature Diana Degarmo (except much, much, much better!))

3) Bo (Now, this wasn't much of a 'visual' performance, but this was vocals at their most flawless state! I didn't realize he had such a pure tone... he'll probably be in the finale)

4) Vonzell (She needed this kind of performance! She reminds me of a younger, happier La Toya... if she'll just inject some more power and emotion in her voice, she'll be a lock for the top four)

5) Constantine (This guy has grown on me more than any other contestant any season- sure, he's over the top, but if I had describe him, I'd say he's a 'bubbly rocker"... he just needs to show us he can do a slow power ballad, and he'll be a top four lock)

6) Nadia (I forgot to rank her previously... but she wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered. Sure, it wasn't her best, but it was still pretty darn awesome! The only reason she falls in the middle is because she was just the "least good" of the best tonight)

---Draw a line here... the above should be our top six, while the below need to go; I don't care in what order. They're all good, but just not as good as the greats above.---

7) Nikko (He wasn't as bad as I thought either- he's got a smooth, soulful voice, and he'll do much better if he'll put some variety in his tone. Right now, he sounds the same on every song he sings!)

8) Anthony (This kid can <sing>- he just needs to lose the glasses, loosen up, and try not to have such a smooth voice- roughen it up some. He deserves to stick around for a couple more weeks, but after Thursday's bottom three appearance, he might be saying goodbye come Wednesday)

9) Anwar (After "Moon River" and "Wonderful World," I figured this dude was headed for greatness, but after these last two weeks, he bores me, or strikes me the wrong way, or sounds flat on several pitches. I'm sure he'll pick it up, but right now, I can't seem to enjoy any of his performances)

10) Scott (I don't like Scott. There. I said it. Sure, he's got a good voice, but his words are hard to understand (slurs every phrase), and he has nearly no sense of showmanship. He's an "underdawg," I know, but he hasn't given me any real reason to root for him)

11) Mikalah (Poor Mikalah; I really liked her, but this week's performance was simply awful, and she deserved to leave after it. However, when I go back and listen to her "God Bless the Child," I can only think of what might have been (like, maybe even the top six), but I'm sure we'll be seeing her again soon. Best of luck to you, Mikalah!)

Final Thought:
Tuesday night should and will go down as the best night of performances in American Idol history (with so many contestants left), and I can only imagine what is to come! Eliminations are about to get *really tough*, and there will be some shocks and surprises, mark my words. After becoming hooked last season (and loving it), I now realize this group is far superior to any group ever seen on any Idol season, and I believe many successful careers will be launched thanks to this show.

(P.S.- The rumor floating around right now is that next week's theme will be TV show theme songs... should be interesting, but if true, it worries me! I mean, do you really want to hear Anwar cuttin' a rug with "The Brady Bunch?")

Ryan F
03-26-2005, 10:49 PM
^you say you have a few of the performaces downloaded...any chance you have Constantine's version of "I think I love you"? My whole family all loved the version and want to hear it again.
(where do you get the downloads anyway?)

Montu Man
03-26-2005, 11:21 PM
She illeagally downloads them off the web probably, there is no official CD yet.

Valpengeist
03-27-2005, 12:13 PM
First of all, I'm a "he," Montu... and gee, now that you mention it, I sure hope the cops don't come knocking on my door!

And to Wilde, I enjoyed that performance as well and listen to it every now and then... There are mp3 file downloads of every performance since the top 24 at this website:

http://mikalahgordon.blogdrive.com/

(btw- no, I'm not a big Mikalah fan; I just found the site through Google)

Ryan F
03-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Sweet, thanks for the link Valp

Carowinds 73-03
03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow, I had no idea those were around. Thanks i'll go download some now.

I wish i new they did that for every season.

Ryan F
03-31-2005, 11:49 PM
ummm...whats wrong with America? Jessica should have been voted off.

Wes
04-01-2005, 10:36 AM
^^ I can't believe they voted her off and Scott wasn't even in the bottom 3.

Scott has been horrible the past 3 weeks and should have gone this week. IMO.

But it comes down to people are voting for other people, but Jessica just didn't get that many votes. I think it's her personality (or lack there of) that hurt her.

leeloo1953
04-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Hearing the news this morning, Scott will probably be the next one voted off. Even though he told the AI producers all about it, it's now in the news. His conviction of Disorderly Conduct towards the mother of this infact son, back in 2001.

Once the public hears this, I wouldn't be surprised if the hold it against him, even though none of the details has been reported.

I don't think he should win this anyway, but because he's just not American Idol material, not because of his past history.

Four of my original five favorites are still in the running!!

Wes
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
^^ That reminds me of the girl (Frenchie I think) they booted the first year because of something she had done years before posing nude.

I don't see why they needed to kick her off, it's not like they "own them" or anything.

My favorites are still in the running as well: Bo, Carrie, Vonzel (after last week's W.Houston song) and I still like Anwar.

Carowinds 73-03
04-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Scott will be no huge loss. I'm sure he would have been gone next week or the week after anyway.

My fav's are still in as well.

SFSTLboi
04-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Vote for Nikko Smith on American Idol! He's from the Lou! (st.louis)

1866-43657-06 <---------Call this!

GO NIKKO!!!

Carowinds 73-03
04-05-2005, 10:05 PM
What were everyone's thoughts about tonights show. Tonight was the first time they have ever done show tunes on AI.

I persoanlly thought 8 of the 9 performances were just horrible and i love show tunes.

Maybe they should never do a show tunes episode again. Simon said the same thing.

coasterdude28
04-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Nothing spectacular tonight. I don't know why Scott is still in. HE NEEDS TO GO. VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT SCOTT!!

Carowinds 73-03
04-05-2005, 11:35 PM
I feel Scott will be gone tomorrow night.

RCTfan
04-06-2005, 12:21 AM
I think either Anthony or Scott needs to go this week. I was very bored this week, I almost fell asleep by the end of the episode. Carrie and Vonzell were the best this week.

I hope next week will be an uptempo week, they will need something to wake us up.

Carowinds 73-03
04-06-2005, 12:32 AM
I thought Anwar did very weel tonight too.

I see Scott, Anthony & Niko being the next 3 voted off. Scott tomorrow i think and anthony next week unless he picks up his game and blows everyone away next week which i'm hopeing for.

My guess for the winner would be carrie right now.

Wes
04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
I think either Anthony or Scott needs to go this week.

Amen to that.

Both have gotten progressively worse each week.

Anthony did a HORRIBLE version of Climb every mountain. I'm a huge fan of the movie Sound of Music, and he butchered it. The orchestra did too.

Cuddy
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
I believe Scott (the Lakewood area Ohio dude) should go. Then I won't have to hear more crap on the news. Its bad enough some stations actually report who got kicked off Survivor.

coasterdude28
04-06-2005, 05:53 PM
I hope that Anthony picks it up next week. His version of Climb Every Mountain was very boring. He has the skill but he's not showing it. Cross your fingers that Scott goes tonight.

coasterdude28
04-06-2005, 09:43 PM
What is wrong with America?!?!?! How could they vote Nikko off before that joke Scott? I am litterally disgusted.

Wes
04-06-2005, 09:44 PM
What in the world is wrong with America???

Who is voting for Anthony? It must be silly teenage girls that think he's cute. He's gotten worse and worse each week and should have gone tonight.

I was glad Scott finally made it into the bottom 3. He should have been the one to go tonight, not Niko IMO.

Ryan F
04-06-2005, 09:58 PM
silly americans and their voting ways.
Vonzel should not have been in the bottom 3

Wes
04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
^^ Be quiet, or we will invade you ;) j/k

I agree with you. Vonzel has made a marked improvement and shouldn't have been there. Anthony should have been in her place.

Anthony even admitted he didn't sing well.

Do they show the American version as well as the Canadian version of Idol there?

Carowinds 73-03
04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm voteing for Anthony.

I picked right but not in the right order. 2 of the worst were in the bottom 3 tonight but Nikko got booted before Scott as i picked Scott to go this week. Oh well i guess i'll have to listen to Scott one more time. I think he will be gone next wed.

Next weeks bottom 3 will be Vonzell, Scott & Bo.

coasterdude28
04-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Bottom three tonight should have been Scott, Nadia, and Anthony. Scott should have gone home.

Carowinds 73-03
04-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Nadia will be leaving too but maybe in the next 3 weeks. Scott & vonzell will go before her i think.

Persoanlly i think Carrie will be the winner unless Anthony get back to where he was when the top 12 started when he was one of the best singers.

Wes
04-06-2005, 10:33 PM
I think it will come down to Carrie and Bo if...American gets some common sense in their voting that is.

Carowinds 73-03
04-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't see bo makeing the final 2. Cariie will be one of them for sure. Not decided on a 2nd but i don't think it will be Bo or atleast i hope not. Cariie is going to win regardless.

4 years and 3 female winners.

Ryan F
04-06-2005, 10:44 PM
As great as a singer as Carrie is, I kind of dont want her to win. She's going to get a country record contract regardless, so why not have one of the others win?

SheiKra
04-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Vote for Vonzell, cause she is my mail man ( I mean lady...lol)! She is nice and always waves to me and stuff. She is from Fort Myers Florida ( The old people capital of the WORLD) and we need something to be famous for! So keep voting for her, and you will earn my respect.

Carowinds 73-03
04-06-2005, 10:52 PM
As Paula said everyone in the final 10 are more than likely getting a contract. I do have to dissagree with her on a few of those 10 like Scott & Nikko.

I don't think Anthony will get a contract either but he's has a huge career on Broadway ahead of him.

coasterdude28
04-06-2005, 11:14 PM
I think most of them will be getting contracts except Scott and possibly Nadia. Although Nadia may seem good, a well trained music person will say that she sings very wrong.

Carowinds 73-03
04-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Anwar also has a good chance to make the final 2 with Carrie. If not he will surely get a contract. He's is just one heck of a singer and i'm sure he's makeing his students proud.

coastergenius100
04-07-2005, 07:41 AM
All I know is that if Bo, Carrie, and Constantine all get voted off, I'm just going to stop watching and caring. I really don't care about anybody else.

leeloo1953
04-07-2005, 08:29 AM
My four favorites are still in there. Carrie is not one of them though, she has a wonderful voice but is just too Country for me. Actually, none of my favorites are female.

Why Scott is still there is beyond my comprehension. Good voice or not, he has absolutely no personality or stage presence at all. Does he even know how to smile??

Ryan F
04-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Do they show the American version as well as the Canadian version of Idol there?
yes, but Canadian Idol sucks. Nobody really cares that much about it.

Carowinds 73-03
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
I wonder how many countries have an Idol show.

xbadx1233
04-07-2005, 06:09 PM
anyone hear that scott has a criminal record?

Carowinds 73-03
04-07-2005, 07:59 PM
What??? I have not heard anything about this yet. He looks like a criminal.

So what is it?? Something minor or worse?

coasterdude28
04-07-2005, 08:17 PM
I heard this about a week ago. He was arrested for beating the mother of his infant son. I though he would be removed from the show but I guess they'll leave that up to his horrible singing.

Wes
04-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Well that's not exactly fair. They booted Frenchie for having done nude pictures, they should boot him for having a criminal record.

You can't just play favorites, it's not fair.

coasterdude28
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Didn't they boot someone two years ago for having a criminal record? I am almost possitive that they did. They should have kicked Scott off.

Carowinds 73-03
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah. I can't remeber what his name was but last season a guy got booted for abuseing his girlfreind or something.

If this is true about Scott then why has he not been kicked off the show?

Ryan F
04-07-2005, 09:13 PM
^beacause it's probably not true. If it was he would've been long gone by now. Probably just some people that dont like him making it up.

coasterdude28
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
No it was on the news and on the internet. I am pretty sure it is true. AOL even had an article about it. Maybe the producers are still in the process of getting all of the information from the police.

Carowinds 73-03
04-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Thats the case i'm sure. I think the show is investigating and if anything major turns up he will be gone unless he gets voted off first.

leeloo1953
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Guys, I posted about this earlier (post #457). He told them about it before his first audition. They've known about since the beginning. He won't get kicked off by them. They invesigated and since the charges were dropped to a lesser charge, and he feels remorse for it and he was up front with them. They allowed him to stay. It was all over the news here in Ohio the day I made that post.

That's why I thought for sure when this became known to the public, they would for sure vote him off. Must be most people didn't hear about it until now.

Carowinds 73-03
04-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Your right, This is the first i have heard. I must have missed all that in the news.

Wes
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Leeloo now that you say that I seem to vaguley remember that as well.

Well as long as they were told up front I guess they won't do anything to him.

leeloo1953
04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Let's just hope the public will take care of it him next week. :devil:

Wes
04-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Amen to that. :devil: lol

I'm just being picky I guess, but after he showed his *butt* during the group competition part of it and didn't want to help his teammates I haven't liked him.

I don't think it's right to do people that way, but then again there could have been more to it and the producers spun it another way.