PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

coasterdude28
04-08-2005, 03:06 PM
That is when I first didn't like him. The first day in Hollywood when he would not help his group and pretty much screwed them over.

Ryan F
04-08-2005, 03:50 PM
He didnt really screw them over though. They all forgave eachother and went on to learn their songs. Plus, like Wes said, the producers probably over exaggerated it.

Bencerisback
04-08-2005, 08:27 PM
why would frenchie take nude pics in the first place, i know i wouldnt wanna see her naked...and i scott the kinda big black guy (no offense to black people) - if he is that guy HE SUCKS! otherwise i seriously think anyone on this show could make it on the show or in real life - constantine is pretty tight though so ill root for him

coasterdude28
04-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Scott is white. But he kind of looks Asian. He thinks he is ghetto and he trys to talk like he is from Brooklyn( no offens Joedonuts) if you know what I mean.

900th post!

Wes
04-09-2005, 06:23 AM
To me the producers are trying to make Scott to be the "White Ruben".

Man, I'm so urban. Look at me dog! :rolleyes:

Like I've said before, Scott and Anthony have gotten WORSE each week, not better.

And I'm about ready to SLAP Paula. I love her and I really like her early CD's, but she is so *cuss word* encouraging you want to slap her.

It's one thing to be nice to people and not want to hurt their feelings, but she's not doing these people any favors by saying they are good when they are not.

Most of the time I side with Simon, although that's not always true. I just wouldn't say it to them the way Simon says it (rude).

coasterdude28
04-09-2005, 04:43 PM
That is how I feel. Paula knows that they sucked and she still stands up and claps and tells them they were the best they ever have been.

Valpengeist
04-10-2005, 02:42 PM
If I could describe/advise the remaining eight contestants in five words or less...

Nadia: Personal favorite; outstanding performer
Vonzell: Surprise of season; keep working
Carrie: Great voice; show us personality!
Constantine: Surprisingly great voice; lessen "pouting"
Bo: Awesome; pick better songs
Anwar: Okay; more soul, better songs
Anthony: Any hope? More than Scott...
Scott: Needs miracle; should say goodbye

I'm looking forward to this week's performances... after two lackluster Tuesdays in a row, surely the show will be rockin' this week! Last year at this time Fantasia brought us the incredible "Summertime" and several of the contestants also had bright nights... let's hope this week will be the same for AI4.

coasterdude28
04-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Let's hope. Summertime was the alltime best for AI. I'd like to see someone beat it.

Carowinds 73-03
04-12-2005, 01:13 AM
It's that point in the show where everyone has to rock and really step up their game.

If tonights show is anything like the last 2 weeks the we could see a drop in rateings and voteing. I can't recall but i think the last 2 weeks was the worst in show history.

A much as i like Anthony (and i'm still voteing for him) if he don't blow the judges away this week he will be gone but not before scott.

xbadx1233
04-12-2005, 08:55 AM
anyone know what the theme is for tonight?

Valpengeist
04-12-2005, 12:04 PM
I've heard two theme possibilities:

1) Country (Carrie would shine... would be interesting overall, but it might just be boring as well)

2) Year of Birth (contestants pick a song from the year they were born... I admit I like this one much better, and I'm really hoping this is the theme)

You can never really know, but the folks at the forums at idolonfox.com always seem to have it figured out by about 5:00 Eastern time the day of... er, today.

Wes
04-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I wish they'd do the 80's. That's my favorite "musical era" and so far they've done 60's, 70's and 90's.

freakylick
04-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Regarding Fantasia's "Summertime" performance from last season...I will admit that it was her best performance...After all, it was the one song that she did all season where she was yelling and shreiking in that whiny voice of hers, nor was she doing that stupid "bobo" dance. It's so easy to see who the judges prefer because they "steer" their criticisms. That dance takes about as much talent as Mary Roach's singing. But how often did they criticize that...yet everybody else's "dancing" got criticized. But that "Summertime" perfomance was far from the "all-time best for AI" IMO.

I know that I am going to get flamed for criticizing her..so bring it on. Tell me that "She must be doing something right because America voted for her". Because we all know that every musical "idol" is a great singer. And of course, great singers always sell lots of records here in America too.

Regarding Paula...Go to the AI website and read each performers profile. They are all asked who their favorite judge is...Most say Simon. Back when it was the final 12, I think Paula had no votes (or maybe one), a couple had "dog", but most said Simon. That goes to show that people don't respect a butt-kisser. Simon may be overly harsh at times, but he tells it like it is and they respect that (as do I).

PS-I hope tonights theme is "Year of birth"..that could be really neat to see. Also, has anyone else noticed that they aren't doing individual singer themes this year (Like Gloria Estefan songs, or Barry Manilow Songs)...It seems like they are trying to avoid sticking the performers into certain singing styles since some people can't do well in certain genres/singing styles.

pearlsea
04-12-2005, 05:23 PM
i dont know why pepole like american idol. anything>american idol. IMO

Carowinds 73-03
04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Hopefully the themed night are over so the people can just sing whatever is in them to sing although a DOB night could be intresting.

Valpengeist
04-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Freakylick, I respect your opinion, but I'll agree to disagree as well. :cool: Fantasia is great not necessarily because of her voice, or her looks... but for the soul she drives into every performances. And while Summertime was incredible, I thought her "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life" and "I Believe" were even better.

And to Carowinds- I see where you're coming from, but theme nights are a staple of American Idol seasons, at least until the top three, when contestants begin to be able to choose a song or two of their own. Personally, I like the theme nights.

From what I've read, the Year of Birth rumor is pretty solid; I've even heard that Carrie will be singing "Love is a Battlefield" and Constantine will try out "Bohemian Rhapsody." But none of this is for certain...

Montu Man
04-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I think Scott Savel should go tomorrow, he was terrible. Like Simon said, more bad notes then good notes.

Bencerisback
04-12-2005, 09:05 PM
i liked constantine's bohemean rhapsody

Ryan F
04-12-2005, 09:10 PM
you have to give some respect to Scott though. Wouldn't you be nervous singing in front of the original artists?
Anyway, I think Constantine did a great job with Bohemean Rhapsody and I couldb't believe I heard Simon actually use the word "astonishing" when rating a contestant.
On the other hand, I think Nadia was the lowest performace of the night.

Now, lets see what America thinks...

Valpengeist
04-12-2005, 10:03 PM
What an improvement over the past few weeks! This is how I would rank them:

1) Constantine (WOW, that was really good! He's growing on me...)
2) Vonzell (She's an excellent vocalist... with great, great stage presence!)
3) Carrie (Superb vocals as usual, but robotic performance... I felt bad for her; she seemed so out of her element)
4) Nadia (I love her; not the best song choice, but still a heartfelt performance that showed more of her range)
5) Anwar (Great improvement!... but still, something's missing for me...)
6) Anthony (Another improvement... but it seemed so uninspired, and the band was a little overbearing)
7) Scott (Rough low notes, but fantastic high notes and emotion... however, comments to Simon may hurt him)
8) Bo (Bo? Last place?! Once a lock for the finals, he might be lucky to make the top four... I don't know what Paula was thinking...)

Who do I predict will be in the bottom three? Nadia, Scott, and Anthony. Nadia and Scott will be the bottom two, and Scott will (finally) be leaving us.

Wes
04-13-2005, 08:22 AM
I thought I'd never say this, but I think Constantine was the best last night!!

Plus I'm a sucker for that song. I so love Bohemian Rhapsody. (sp?)

Carrie was a close second, she even sounded like Pat Benatar!!!

What was wrong with Hall & Oates hearing? I would have been mad if Scott had sang my song. :devil:

leeloo1953
04-13-2005, 02:17 PM
She didn't sound like Pat Benatar at all. I worked with Pat's aunt and listened to her music constantly, I even met her, problem was, she was never one of my favorite singers. lol No, Carrie did not sound like Pat. Just my opinion.

Yes, Constantine was awesome!!! First time he's outdone Bo. If Bo and Constantine would have picked songs from the musical "Hair", when that was the theme, they both would have outdone everybody!! Guess "Hair" must have been too old for them to think about. LOL!!

My last four are still in it...Bo, Constantine, Andrew, Anwar. The girls do nothing for me this year.

I'd like nothing more than to see Bo and Constantine in the final two.

Wes
04-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Well I was sitting there remembering that Pat Benatar song she sang and at least on that one song she sounded a lot like her to me.

But maybe I need to clean out my ears ;) lol

coasterdude28
04-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I wasn't able to watch it last night but from what I hear Constantine was amazing and Scott was his usual horrible. I just really hope that Scott goes tonight, I can't stand looking at him.

Carowinds 73-03
04-13-2005, 06:09 PM
I agree. After last nights performances i think Scott will be voted off.

The Bottom 3 will be Scott, Anthony & Vonzel.

Ryan F
04-13-2005, 07:42 PM
question...why is the results show an hour tonight?
what do they really expect to squeeze into all that time?

on another note, Carrie looked friggin hot last night.

Carowinds 73-03
04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
The show is an hour tonight because their showing clips of the top 12 recording the red cross song in studios and will more than likely perform it.

Ryan F
04-13-2005, 10:03 PM
wow, I didn't really expect Nadia the one to be voted off tonight. I especially didn't expect Bo to be in the bottom three either.

Valpengeist
04-13-2005, 10:19 PM
America... you've just lost a star.

Goodbye, Nadia. You just might be my favorite AI contestant ever... it's incredibly sad for me to see you go, especially after voting for you two hours last night. I always believed you could be our next American Idol, and to see your journey end so soon... it's... um... I'm speechless.

Now it's time for America to wake up- to take the plugs out of their ears and the blinds off their eyes and see who belongs and who doesn't! It's time to separate the CONTENDERS from the PRETENDERS, and I think you know who I'm talking about. Stop voting for the passionless; stop voting for the tone-deaf; stop voting for conformity.

Nadia- see you later.

coasterdude28
04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Wow that was dragged out. Why? WHy? WHY? Although I don't like Nadia, I didn't like Scott even more. He NEEDS to GO!!!!!

Carowinds 73-03
04-14-2005, 01:24 AM
America does seriously need to wake up. It's very frustrating that Scott once again was in the bottom 3 and not voted off.

I agrr that Bo should not have been in the bottom 3 just yet but he will be voted off soon i'm sure.

Come on America, Stop voteing for Scott.

Wes
04-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Scott needs to go. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

America has proven once again that it's a bunch of teenage girls voting for this thing.

I like a friend of mines idea. Limit votes to 5 per household. A lot of this crap would stop if they did that.

Carowinds 73-03
04-14-2005, 08:02 AM
I agree. Alot of people are getting in alot of votes for their favorite.

I remeber last year i got 37 votes in one night for Fantasia.
I got 25 votes for clay one night and just last week i got 31 votes in for Anthony.

I do like the 5 vote limit.

coastergenius100
04-14-2005, 08:14 AM
My top 3 are Bo Bice, Constantine, and Carrie Underwood. If all three of them got kicked off, I would stop watching. But chances are that at least one of them will make it to the top 2.

Carowinds 73-03
04-14-2005, 08:21 AM
One of the rockers will have to go. I don't see both in the final 5. Which is more likely to be gone in the next 3 weeks? I think Bo.

It was nice to see Anthony back again, He was very good tuesday and it's nice to hear something good from simon about Anthony.

ThunderDan
04-14-2005, 08:54 AM
How do you vote so many times Carowinds? Evrytime I try, it is busy. I give up a half hour later.

leeloo1953
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
America has proven once again that it's a bunch of teenage girls voting for this thing.

Well, I can see the teenage girls of today voting for Andrew and maybe even Constantine, but I can't see any of them voting for Scott. LOL!!

This is actually the first time ever I've continued to watch AI after the funny auditions episodes. Bo and Constantine kept my interest, they are my two favorites. I'm sure that comes as no surprise to those of you who know me. :leeloo2:

But somebody tell me, where are these votes coming from for Scott?? I understand that family and friends will vote for him, but how many family and friends does this guy have? Geez!! Everybody I know here in Ohio, want him off the show. Besides family and friends, what type of people are actually voting for him? It just baffles me that he is still there.

Wes
04-14-2005, 10:15 AM
My theory is that it's a sympathy vote because of his weight. That's the only thing I can think of.

My favorites right now are Carrie, Constantine, Anwar (to some extent) and Vonzelle.

Notice that Bo has dropped out of my list. He's not been very good the past couple weeks.

And not trying to bring religion into this, but has anyone else noticed that a lot of people are talking about God this year on Idol? (sounds like a contradiction right there...God on Idol). lol Maybe it's just me.

How do you vote so many times Carowinds? Evrytime I try, it is busy. I give up a half hour later.

What I usually do is wait about 45 minutes to an hour and then you can get through without any problems except when it's the final two or three shows, then it's almost impossible to get through.

freakylick
04-14-2005, 12:41 PM
And not trying to bring religion into this, but has anyone else noticed that a lot of people are talking about God this year on Idol? (sounds like a contradiction right there...God on Idol).

I can't say that I have noticed there being more this year versus other years. It was there other years, maybe you just didn't notice before.

I want to respond to your comment regarding the contradiction, but I don't want this thread to become a christian discussion since this thread is supposed to be about AI. I will say this much though, I find it refreshing.

But somebody tell me, where are these votes coming from for Scott??

I agree...Is there anyone here who has voted for Scott!!!!! I am not trying to pick on anyone, but it seems that a lot of people do not like him and most think he is the worst one remaining. I haven't heard of anyone who is voting for him yet. So how is he still in this?!?! Someone must be voting for him...WHO?!?!

I was sad to see Nadia go, but not too surprised. She has been in the bottom a couple of times and she is a little unique. I don't mean that in a bad way..but some people may not be open to her uniqueness. I thought she was one of the better singers, one of the better performers, and one of the better people. I have no doubt that she will do okay for herself professionally. I wish her the best of luck.

leeloo1953
04-14-2005, 01:10 PM
There was no way Nadia should have gone before Scott!! Like I said, I'm completely confused about the voting. :confused:

And I'm sorry, but Carrie should be on that other reality show Nashville Star or whatever it's called. She's just too country to be what I consider a Pop Star.

I like Bo, Constantine, Andrew and Anwar. But, with Scott still being around, I'm starting to wonder if this this show is actually for real??

Are there really that many sound deft, blind, ignorant Americans?? I know that really sounds mean, but I'm being honest here!! Somebody, please, tell me why he's still there and Nadia is gone??

I haven't noticed anybody talking about God...maybe I just tune that out because I don't think God is going to help any of them.

If Scott wins this, it's not God, it's the devil. LOL!!

freakylick
04-14-2005, 02:02 PM
And I'm sorry, but Carrie should be on that other reality show Nashville Star or whatever it's called. She's just too country to be what I consider a Pop Star.

I thought that it was called American Idol...not American Pop Star. Or are you saying that a country singer can not be an American Idol?! Because if you ask me, I think Shania Twain and Faith Hill are definitely "idols". Carrie doesn't sound any more "country" than either of them. And to be honest, I thought that Carries two best performances ("Love is a Battlefield" and "Alone") were "rock" songs. Of course, that is just my opinion and others may disagree.

Personally, I think that Carrie's biggest problem is that she can't "perform". She can sing and she looks good, but that's it...she certainly can't dance. But then again, many "idols" have that same problem. The worst live perfomance that I have ever seen was Faith Hill..she sang great in concert, but she just can't perform.

Wes
04-14-2005, 03:52 PM
If Scott wins this, it's not God, it's the devil. LOL!!

Preach it sister! ;) :devil:

I don't know, I'm not complaining about people saying things about God, I'm a Christian. I guess I just noticed it more this year.

Kind of like how it annoys me these people on... oh never mind, getting off soap box.... lol :o

Carowinds 73-03
04-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I always start right after the show ends. I get about 10 votes in that first hour then the 2nd hour is alot easier. I got 20 votes last tuesday in the 2nd hour.

Sometimes i guess you just get lucky. The final 2 with Clay & Ruban i got over 20 votes for clay that night. Same with Fantasia.

coasterdude28
04-14-2005, 06:05 PM
As long as those votes aren't going towards scott, vote away!

Valpengeist
04-14-2005, 06:38 PM
The most votes I've ever gotten was about 250 for Fantasia on finale night last year, but I got in 70 votes for Nadia Tuesday night... I guess it wasn't enough. :p

Now the only one I really am looking forward to is Constantine... the others have just become so predictable, the excitement has left the show. It's going to be weird tuning in next Tuesday and not getting to watch and hear Nadia... Scott, Anthony, and Anwar all need to go next- boom, boom, boom.

ThunderDan
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
I would have been voting for Constantine. Maybe next week I'll have to try harder and send some etxra votes for Carrie and Bo for past votes!

Bencerisback
04-14-2005, 10:37 PM
scott really really sucks

my mom thinks these things are rigged, could be though and i bet theyre rigged so scott gets in the bottom 3 everytime and then wins the last night

and freaky lick, britney spears herself is better than all country stars (except for that guy who sung the song about his tractor being sexy)...i think if a country singer won itd be a disaster

Carowinds 73-03
04-14-2005, 11:13 PM
This morning on Kiss 95.1's show they guys on the radio were calling scott a punk & thugeish and with no stage presence and no personality.

I think that pretty much sums it up for me as well.

You also in the nail on the head Bencerisback. The show really has gone downhill and the fun factor the show had is slowly going away.

leeloo1953
04-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I thought that it was called American Idol...not American Pop Star. Or are you saying that a country singer can not be an American Idol?! Because if you ask me, I think Shania Twain and Faith Hill are definitely "idols".

LOL, you're right, it is called American Idol...I just don't think of these young singers as Idols. They're all pop stars to me. When I think singer and Idol at the same time I think people like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Sammy Davis, Jr. and for country, people like Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash. :)

Of course, there's always been teen idols around, I had them when I was young. I just guess now that I take the word Idol much more serious, I think one has to have really proved their staying power with the public over the years to be considered a true Idol.

If these kids are still around and making music and being loved by the public in about 20 years, then they will deserve the title of Idol. ;)

Some of my teen idols...Davey Jones, Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy, their Idolness (that's not real word, is it?) didn't stick around for so long and they all sang and they're all still alive. lol!

Anyway, I'm hoping for Bo, Constantine or Andrew. Actually, I'll accept anybody but Scott being the winner. If he's not off next week, something just isn't right. :rolleyes:

freakylick
04-15-2005, 01:45 PM
leeloo...
I completely agree with you. What an "idol" should be and what actually are "idolized" are two different things. I can definitely agree that your list are true idols, but I do want to make the point that their music (not themselves) need staying power to be an idol. Selena is a great example...within the latino culture, her music is still around and will be for a long-time, despite her untimely death. I think staying power is more of a result of being an idol.

Since you brought up who you consider idols, let me add a few that I consider idols. The first singer that comes to mind when I think of the term idol is Pavarotti. Other's are George Strait, Garth Brooks, and U2.

Unfortunately, today's definition of "idol" is more about who's "hot" instead of who's good. Most of today's idols are just johnny-come-lately's with little or no talent (and that list includes Britney Spears, bencerisback).

All of that being said, I don't see too many in any of the AI competitions that I would consider true idols...Of the group that is still left competing this season, only Constantine and Anwar have the potential to be idols (although I don't necessarily think they are the best singers remaining).

Carowinds 73-03
04-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Non of the winners in past years or this year will ever be American Idols. Basically their hometown idols. Thats about all.

coasterdude28
04-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Anyway, I'm hoping for Bo, Constantine or Andrew.

The name Andrew has come up a few times. There is no Andrew. Who ar you referring to?

Carowinds 73-03
04-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I think people are getting confused by the names. Maybe they ment Anthony.

Ryan F
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
either Anthony or Anwar

Bencerisback
04-15-2005, 04:43 PM
i think constantine has this in the bag, when he did bohemean rhapsody it blew me away...i think he could make it big, but so far kelly clarkson and clay aken (who didnt even win) have had 2 hit songs on the radio, kelly has had many and is the only one who has become a big star

coasterdude28
04-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Ruben and Fantasia fell of the face of the earth. Well Ruben has been seen on BET but I don't care for the rap crap channel.

Ryan F
04-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Ruben had a small part in the Life on a Stick show. He played a singing fish restaurant employee.

Carowinds 73-03
04-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah. Talk about a great career move for Ruban. A part is a Fox show that will be canceled after this season.

Out of all the Idol winners i personally don't think any of them have done much.

I think Clay (A non Idol winner) has done much more than any winner.

coasterdude28
04-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Life on a Stick will not last one full season. That was a low point in Rubens career.

Valpengeist
04-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Ruben's not done much from what I know, but Fantasia just won the NAACP Image Award for Best Female Artist against the likes of Alicia Keyes, Janet Jackson, and Queen Latifah. Watch out for her; she's not just a flash in the pan.

As for AI4, I'm slowly getting over Nadia's departure, and am really looking forward to seeing what Constantine and Vonzell show us Tuesday night. I'm also wondering if Bo and Carrie can pick their game back up and show themselves as the frontrunners they originally were.

Carowinds 73-03
04-16-2005, 09:53 PM
I agree. I see alot of good things in store for Fantasia. I think she will be right up there with clay if she's not already.

Must be something in the water here in North Carolina.

Valpengeist
04-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Exactly.

Now, the rumor circulating the mill at the official site is that Tuesday's theme will be 70's/Disco (I'm unsure which). I think this gives everyone a pretty good chance to do well (unless if it's disco... then I think the girls will both do well, moreso than the guys).

coasterdude28
04-16-2005, 10:58 PM
I don't think disco is a good theme. I like it but I don't know if they will sing that well.

Carowinds 73-03
04-17-2005, 06:09 AM
I don't really like the disco theme but they did it last year and i was pretty impressed.

It will be intresting to see how they perform and most important their song selection.

Valpengeist
04-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Don't worry; it could also just be music from the 70s in general.

As long as Scott goes, I think I'll be happy...

leeloo1953
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Disco didn't really start until the very end of the 70's, to me the end of old rock and roll. The 70's in general would be great, if it' the early 70's. I just don't think there were that many great Disco songs, for these kids on AI to choose from. That's just my opinion though.

Thing is with me, a true American Idol, has his/her own type of singing and should be known for their way of singing...not be told what type or what decade of songs they should sing. I think AI, should let the final 12 or whatever, sing whatever they want, and be able to show off their true talent in the type of songs, music they are best at. Let them decide what songs show off their talent the most. And then let the public vote!

It's like telling Frank Sinatra to sing a song by Ozzie Osborne!! He could sing the song, but he'd loose his personality! Let the kids sing what they want and let the vote be what it is.

Last but not least, Scott could sing any song from any decade and still have no personality! lol

xbadx1233
04-18-2005, 06:39 PM
****scott Is So Of********

coasterdude28
04-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Leeloo.. That is how I feel. They are being forced to sing in genres that they are not comfortable with. It shos their skills but not what they could do if they were in their world.

Ryan F
04-19-2005, 02:45 PM
while this doesnt really have anything to do with the season, this is a pretty funny amierican idol flash cartoon
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/american_idle_numa.html

Carowinds 73-03
04-19-2005, 04:41 PM
LOL, Thats was pretty funny. Some of the cartoon acually looked like the real people.

Valpengeist
04-19-2005, 05:43 PM
*Spoilers for tonight coming ahead, in case you want to be surprised...*

So, the theme looks like it's going to be "70's Dance Tunes." Hmm... interesting; it's almost disco, except not quite, but somewhere around there.

Want to know what some folks will be singing? Carrie's supposedly singing Donna Summer's "MacArthur Park," Constantine will be trying the BeeGees' "Nights on Broadway," and Anwar will attempt Earth Wind & Fire's "September."

Looks to be... well, interesting! I'm wondering who will shine and who will fall?

Carowinds 73-03
04-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Ouch. Intresting theme but some of those idols have picked horrible songs imo.

We'll just have to see what goes down in 2 hours. Any word on what Anthony wil be singing?

xbadx1233
04-19-2005, 06:39 PM
i like the way he mispronouced every person

Valpengeist
04-19-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm just hoping tonight isn't another "Gloria Estefan"-esque night... (::shudders at the thought:: )

SPOILER UPDATE:

I normally don't like finding out things like this, but I just found it (here's hoping it doesn't ruin anything... but I doubt it will). Tonight's supposed song choices:

Scott - Everlasting Love
Constantine: Nights On Broadway
Anwar: September (Earth, Wind & Fire)
Bo: Vehicle (Ide's of March)
Carrie: McCarthur Park - Full version
Vonzel: I'm Every Woman
Anthony: Don't Take Away the Music

That's all, folks.

leeloo1953
04-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Bo did for me tonight. I actually felt like a teenager again. He was awesome, just plain awesome! I loved Constantine also, but nowhere close to Bo. Carrie, no, McCarthur Park to me is song by one person, Richard Harris, and he's not a singer, great actor, but not a singer. Still, to me, that song belongs to him!

Could not believe that the one I dislike the most, sang one of my all time favorite songs. He actually sang it very good, but again, no personality as far as I could see. And what's up this new name...Scotty the Body??, give me a break!

Anyway, as long as Bo and Constantine are still in, I'll be happy!

Notice how they both hold the entire mic stand, that's a sign of old rock and rollers. I love it!!

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2005, 05:14 AM
I thought everyone blew it away tonight except for Scott (his normal horrible self) & a suprise, I thought Carrie was really bad last night for the first time.

Lets all give Scott a big Goodbye. I hope he's still awake packing his bags cause he's gone tomorrow.

Wes
04-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Scott has proven one thing though.

You put enough reverb (echo) on their voice and they will actually sound half way decent. :devil: :D LOL!!

I thought Carrie was good, just a weird song. I thought I'd heard every Donna Summer song, but I've never heard that song.

My favorites last night #1 - Bo (Wow!! He's back!!!) #2 Vonzelle (She almost was better than her Whitney Houston performance) #3 Constantine (He's still getting better, although slightly less than last week), #4 Carrie (Yeah I still liked her, what is up with that hair!!!??!!!) I agree with Simon on that. She looks like something from the Stepford Wives!!!

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I love how simon said that carrie looked old fasioned. She was supposed to look that way, it was the 70's right.

Thats was funny about her looking like a stepford wife. She really did.

Ryan F
04-20-2005, 03:09 PM
And what's up this new name...Scotty the Body??, give me a break!
They've been calling him that for weeks....

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
LOL. Really... What body. I really hope the show is not trying to make him a white ruban.

Oh wait. I'm done complaining, he's leaving tonight.

Cuddy
04-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes...everyone here... VOTE OFF SCOTT

thank you.

ThunderDan
04-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Anwar is gone. Well, it's about time! Now I can watch the show without turning the channel again.

Anwar, quick note for you buddy. When you sing a note, stick with it. Women can get away with the Whitney Houston thing, but it's even more annoying when guys do it. Add some bass too.

Valpengeist
04-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Well, I'm shocked... but then again, I'm not.

Both Scott and Anthony gave good performances last night- by far, not great, but better than they've been.

Anwar, unfortunately, was the worst last night. I think it's the first time he's been the weakest on any given night, but it just goes to show you that -one- performance can make you or break you. With viewership rising and voting totals climbing, new people are being exposed to their voices each week and vote on what they see and what the judges say. Now, I'm not a big Anwar fan, but I respect his talent; unfortunately, he's had a string of so-so performances, and after last night's disappointment, it was only a matter of time.

On the other hand, GO AMERICA! You got the top four right (for perhaps the first time in a -long- time), so keep voting for them right to the final four in a couple of Tuesdays.

Ryan F
04-20-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I've lost all faith in America.
Anwar did not diserve to be voted off this week. How the hell is Scott still there? He may have been a bit better last night, but on average Anwar is the better singer.

Bad America, Bad!

coasterdude28
04-20-2005, 10:18 PM
*scratching head*

What just happened? How the hell is Anwar gone and Scott still there? I was shocked! Lets see who should have gone...Anwar?........Scott?.........Anwar?.......S cott? Hard choice, wait,no, Um..SCOTT. What is wrong with this country?

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2005, 10:36 PM
WTF. I just don't get it anymore. Why is Scott still on the show and Anwar is gone? It's moments like this that once again raise the question about the voteing being rigged.

Wes
04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I have doubted up to this point that this show could be rigged, but I'm beginning to think it is.

I don't see how anybody could be voting for Scott or Anthony when they are clearly the worst of the bunch.

freakylick
04-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Well after last seasons disappointment and despite the fact that I haven't really cared for any of the AI winners, nor Clay (whose 15 minutes seems to have run out), nor Tamyra...I thought I would give AI one more chance. But this was the final straw. If it it really is rigged (and I am not saying that it is), then it is pointless to watch. If it is not rigged, then America is f'ing deaf. I've always thought that most Americans wouldn't know good music if it bit them in butt, but this clinches it for me. There is no point in watching to see travesties such as last night continue. Scott clearly should not be there and Anthony doesn't even approach Anwar's league in my opinion.

I've said from the first time that I watched AI that they do the voting wrong. They should let us vote who we want to leave, not who is our favorite. Scott would have been gone a long time ago.

leeloo1953
04-21-2005, 12:40 PM
As far as Anthony, because he got that extra airtime during the auditions and talked about his throat operations and being told he might never talk normal again, unfortunately, I really do believe most of his votes are sympathy votes. I think that is totally the wrong reason to vote for him, but at least it's one way of understanding why he's still in there.

Scott, on the other hand, geez, even if he's getting sympathy votes due to his size, you'd think the sympathy would have run out by now, waiting to see if he actually has a personality!

Like I said earlier, this is my first time actually watching AI from the beginning to the end, and it's looking to be my last time. lol

I watch tons of reality shows, and none of them have irritated me as much as this one.

As posted earlier, I also think a big problem is having people tune in for one night and vote, without ever having seen past performances of the person they are voting for. Voting for just one performance you may have caught one night just doesn't seem fair to the contestants.

They really need to find a way to improve the voting process.

ThunderDan
04-21-2005, 12:55 PM
I see that fat is the last acceptable prejudice. Scott is still there because he sings better than Anwar. Not everybody likes that Whiiiooooiiieeeeiiiieeeeetneeeooooeeeeyyy Hooooooouuuuuooooooostoooouuuuuuiiiiiiieeeeeeoooon style singing. He sung like he was performing some kind of voodoo exorcisim. I can't agrree that Scott will last past next week, but some people enjoy a singing style where you don't try so hard. He seems like he is more interested in rap and hip hop, and he is well suited.

leeloo1953
04-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Scott has no personality or stage presence, that's the only thing I can't stand about him. I think he has a great voice, and I could care less about his weight, but I'm sorry an American Idol as they call it should have somekind of personality and stage presence, Scott does not. Opera singers (and I love opera), have more personality and stage presence than he does, and most of you probably do not care so much for opera.

I'm not saying Scott should not be there because of his weight, I'm saying he should not be there because when he performs, he has no stage presence at all...and by the way, I feel the same exact way about Carrie (I think that's her name) as far as stage presence

freakylick
04-21-2005, 01:18 PM
I agree that singing styles vary and not all people like certain styles. But regardless of style, some people are better than others. Scott is not better than Anwar..you may like his singing style better and that's fine. But Anwar can sing in his style better than Scott can sing in his own style. It has nothing to do with weight (See AI2 Champion). Personally, I don't think Scott is a bad singer..he has many things going for him, but he is not in the league with the Anwar, the remaining singers, or even Nadia for that matter.

But I say thank you for standing up and admitting you like Scott. You are the first that I have heard of..other than his family and friends of course ;-)

Wes
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I agree with you leeloo. You've got to at least have some type of showmanship.

Look at Constantine, he's not the best singer, (he's not the worst either) but he's one of the best performers because he's done it before and has experience.

Scott on the other hand looks like he just rolled out of bed and is like, "Oh! It's time to sing!" :rolleyes: I'm so sick of his attitude of "I'm big and bad." Please.

Carrie as well needs to take a que from Constantine. Great voice, but she always looks half scared on stage.

Valpengeist
04-21-2005, 06:39 PM
I haven't liked Anwar since the finals began, so I'm not that depressed. I honestly think Scott and Anthony stayed because Tuesday night that had performances that were better than usual for them. Scott was the best we've seen (not saying much), and I also thought Anthony had one of his better ones. Their betterment most likely motivated their fans to vote even more, while Anwar (who, IMO, was the worst on Tuesday), disappointed his.

Basically, Anwar deserved to go. Don't take that wrong, though; I think he, Scott, and Anthony all deserved to go. Even if Scott left, Anwar's day was still coming; I honestly don't think he could win the whole thing, much less make the finale. (In fact, the only contestant voted out that could have actually won was... Nadia)

The top four should be Bo, Constantine, Carrie, and Vonzell. But the way that every season has been so far, look for Scott or Anthony to make his way into the final four.

I still don't have a favorite with the remaining six. Hopefully, the next week or two's performances will resolve that.

Carowinds 73-03
04-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I was a little upset and shocked to see Anwar go. If Anthony got voted off Anwar was my back-up.

Carrie will be my back-up now if Anthony gets voted off. More than likely Carrie will win IMO.

Bencerisback
04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
polls = rigged for scott, and is bo really that bad?

Carowinds 73-03
04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Bo's alright. I'm not really into the two rockers and don't think either will win but one will make the final 2.

Either way the final 5 (after Scott is gone) will all get recording contracts.

ThunderDan
04-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't care too much for Scott and I agree Leeloo that he doesn't have much stage presence. I prefer him over Anwar and I think Scott balanced out Anwar's over compensation (showiness,) which Clay Akien used to rub me the wrong way when he did it as well. I prefer Nadia and everybody else that is in the competiton over Scott.

However, I think those contestants that are into hip hop or soul or what ever Scott is into can be as much of an Idol as much as those who are into pop, country or rock. I am thankful that AI hasn't had many into hip hop as I think our "culture" is in hip hop over load. I'll take that over all of the Whitney Houston clones from last year.

It does bother me when Randy and Simon complain about people being pitchy, but never seemed to apply it to Anwar who deserved it the most. For once I would love to hear them say, "Pick a note and stick to it and for the love of God stop screaming (when you sing!)"

coasterdude28
04-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Leeloo said that they need to modify the voting. One way that this can be done is to limit the voters to one or two votes per night. They are getting around 30 million votes with (my guess) around 10 million voters. A way to limit the votes would to have peple "sign up" on their website and get an code number. When the dial in their vote they would have to punch in their code as well to limit their voting. This would also keep some of the one night watchers from voting becaus ethey would have to sign up to vote and they may not want to do that. I don't think they will ever do this though because they take pride in saying "we recieved 30 million votes last night" It is good publicity. But it would be much more fair if they did it the way I just described.

Carowinds 73-03
04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
I totally agree. A new voteing system must be implimented and soon. I personally get around 30-40 voted a night for Anthony or whoever i'm voteing for and even i agree thats 30-40 should not be allowed.

I agree with the call in code thing for each caller and they should limit each to no more than 5 votes per night. The only probles is it's not going to happen for reasons you have stated. Fox loves saying they had 30 million voters and people will not go through the trouble of signing up over the site or whatever. I personally would not sign up.

Then again if they really wanted their votes to be heard the new system will work.

leeloo1953
04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Wait!! Carowinds you vote 30 or 40 times for your favorite?? You really take this show that serious? Wow! I enjoy watching the show and hoping for my favorite, but to me it's still just a tv show.

I guess I would feel different if it were one of my kids or a very close family member. But I wouldn't even take the time to vote for a friend that many times, let alone somebody I don't even know.

Carowinds 73-03
04-21-2005, 10:06 PM
You have to vote to keep your favorites in and they have to vote limit.

I don't sit on the phone voteing for hours. My phone will auto dial the number over and over again until it gets through, then i have to hang it up and start it over again.

I almost never touch the phone. If i didn't have that i might vote 2-3 times.

It's is one of my favorite shows or reality shows that is.

Wes
04-22-2005, 08:27 AM
If Scott gets in the final 3 I'm really going to be pissed.

coasterdude28
04-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I think most of us will be pissed. For next weeks bottom three I am going with Scott, Anthony, and Vonzelle. I like Anthony and Vonzelle but that is my prediction. And as you know, hoping Scott goes home.

Carowinds 73-03
04-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Thats my pick for the bottom 3 also. America plaese wake up and stop voteing for scott.

Or producers please quit rigging the votes and stop trying to make Scott a white ruban. He has run his course way to long, He has to go.

Wes
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
He's become that guy from last season with the red hair that was the crooner.

It's the same thing, not a terrible voice, but he shouldn't have made it this far. Maybe Top 8, but nothing above.

My predictions for Top 3 (if Scott finally goes home):

Carrie
Bo
Vonzelle or Constantine (hard to tell which America will pick)

leeloo1953
04-23-2005, 10:54 AM
I have to say this, in the 4-17 to 4-23 issue of TV Guide, the had an article where that had Vocal coaches give their opinions on some of the contestants. I went to tvguide.com to try to find the artical, but couldn't find it. They don't have all the articles on the site, because they want people to buy the actual magazine. I get them, have been a subcriber for the last 30 years.

Anyway, the vocal coaches that gave their opinions were...Renee Grant-Williams, her clients have been...Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Christina Aguilera. Roger Love, his clients have been...Eminem, Mandy Moore and Matchbox Twenty. Brett Manning, his clients...Keith Urban, Take 6 and others on Broadway. Personnally, I've heard of Faith Hill, and Eminem, and thats it, and only from my daughters. I tried to find a link to this, but you have to buy the tv guide magazine to see it. Sorry.

Anyway here are a couple of the quotes:

About Carrie, from Manning: "She may only be generically good by Nashville standards"

About Constantine, from Manning: "His voice, which isn't as good as Bo's, is more sutied to Broadway. He'd be perfect for "Rent"."

About Bo, from Love: "A combo of Bob Seger and Eddie Bedder. He sings circles around Constantine."

About Anwar (this was printed before Anwar was voted off), from Love: "For a music teacher, he sure out of tune a lot."

About Scott, from Love: "Pretty voice. He looks like he's having fun, so you forget about the extra pounds. But he's just another white guy wishing he was Marvin Gaye".

I won't post what Manning said, because that was even meaner than anything Simon would say. LOL!

Anyway, they all seem to have their faults, even the ones I didn't post about, didn't want to make the post too long.

Anyway, that's an idea of what voice coaches think about some of them. I don't agree with all of them. But, it's not the professionals who are voting, unfortunately!

Ryan F
04-23-2005, 11:18 AM
I knew this would happen.
Constatine's Band gets a record deal (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&e=10&u=/ap/people_maroulis)
I knew all along that even if Constantine doesnt win Idol his band would be looked at.
I cant wait to hear some of their stuff.

leeloo1953
04-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Wait, I have a question? The band got the deal without Constantine being part of the band? So if Constantine moves on, the band still had the deal, without him?

coasterdude28
04-23-2005, 01:11 PM
I actually didn't see that coming. I think if he wins he might leave them though but that might upset a lot of people.

Carowinds 73-03
04-23-2005, 05:39 PM
If he wins or gets his own record deal i'm sure he would leave his group. He can clearly make it on his own.

He's already done one play that i know of. RENT

It's pretty funny, I went to see RENT before i even knew who he was.

Valpengeist
04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
So...

The supposedly confirmed theme for this week is "Songs from 2000-Present." I can actually see all the contestants doing well with this if they choose wisely... perhaps AI producers wanted to see how the contestants would do with music closer to that of today's market.

Thoughts?

Cuddy
04-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Maybe we'll see what Scott is made of, or if he is destined to be Kareoke Idol. I'm already sick of hearing about him on all the newscast around here.

Carowinds 73-03
04-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Now thats the best theme imo. Thats awsome, Now i really think this week will be on of the best. We'll just see how it goes but i feel everyone will do well.... everyone except Scott of course.

coasterdude28
04-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Nobody will be able to say that it wasn't they're style. We will be able to really hear what they like to sing and what they are good at. Looking forward to see it.

Wes
04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
As long as they don't do something stupid like Get Jiggy with it.

lol

Carowinds 73-03
04-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I could see Scott doing Eminin. LMAO With the people that are voteing for him he could win with that. lol j/k. If Scott does Emenim i'll just die.

Cuddy
04-25-2005, 10:15 PM
Actually, its Eminem. ;)

I would be surprised if Scott varied much from that. But what am I saying?? I haven't watched American Idiot (Idol) in 2 years.

Valpengeist
04-25-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd love to see one of them do 'My Immortal,' mainly because it's never been done on AI and I think 3 of the remaining 6 could do it: Carrie (but I'm assuming she'll do country... maybe "I Hope You Dance"?), Vonzell (it would be a change of pace for her, but I'm thinking she'll stick with a Beyonce/Alicia Keyes kind of song), or maybe even Constantine (he's done stuff from many styles and songs originally sung by females, so who knows).

I'd expect either Bo or Constantine to do something by Creed or a similar band... (Bo: "Can You Take Me Higher"?). I think Anthony could do very well with "You Raise Me Up," but since he's been doing so many ballad-like performances it might be wise for him to do something upbeat.

As for Scott... well, I really have no idea. "Cry Me a River?"

Carowinds 73-03
04-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Hopefully they all will do something upbeat. I would love to see Carrie do something from Shania Twain. Something fast and upbeat. Bo & Constatine could wow the crowd again if they pick the right songs.

Then there's Anthony. Yes i'm still voteing for him (until he gets bvoted off) I see him doing something upbeat as well, I hope he does not pick a slow song.

Everyone has a chance to shine tonight if they just pick the right songs and "Bring It"

coasterdude28
04-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Great night. Bo was amazing. Anthony had his best performance yet. And I think Scott actually tried to smile, but it didn't work. My bottom three prediction is Scott, Constantine, and Anthony.

Valpengeist
04-26-2005, 10:51 PM
^ You really think so?

I thought tonight was below-average, especially this late in the game. Aren't people supposed to be taking risk and making huge impressions at this point in the game? None of the contestants tonight gave me that "wow" that I love to feel after a performance; nope, no feeling, nothing exciting.

Bo and Vonzell were the best tonight, and hopefully they'll avoid the bottom three.

Carrie and Anthony are right in the middle; Carrie sang country, but she sounded... just off. Anthony took a risk with a Celine Dion song, and he did hit all the notes, but... there was just nothing else to it.

Constantine tried to go back to his "rocking" days, but it was really just not very good. I agree with Simon; he's much better when he chooses songs that require more out of one's vocals than their performance.

Scott... well, I agree with Simon; pack your bags. That was horrible.

::Sigh::... another week of me still waiting for some "great" performances. Man, I miss Nadia...

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2005, 06:57 AM
I though last night was ok. It was not the best week i have heard but some of the best performances i have heard.

IMO Bo was not as good as he has been, Same with Vonzell. I'm not siding with Anthony but any man who can sing Celine deserves alot of credit.

Everyone else was pretty good as well except for Scott. I'm going to say this for the 3rd and final week in a row. Scott will be gone tonight.

Godsentone
04-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I love Vonzell Solomon. She is classy and beautiful. She has great personality and spunk. My wife loves her as well and she voted for her like 20 times and her mother voted about 30, I believe. Let's help keep this FL Mail Carrier bka 'Baby V' alive, b/c she truly has the best voice amongst the final 6.

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't think they will do the bottom 3 again with only 6 left. Maybe they will start a bottom 2 or just tell us who's going home.

I think Vonzell is pretty good to but i don't see her winning.

Wes
04-27-2005, 03:24 PM
They will probably do like last week where they split up the group in two halfs.

Cuddy
04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
They played a clip of Scott singing on my radio station. Judge #1 weighed in with his opinion. Paula weighed in with hers. Why the hell is she trying to be everyone's friend? Because of #3, Simon? Speaking of him, I agree, pack your bags, Scotty.

PGH_Steeler
04-27-2005, 04:29 PM
I like Vonzell too. I hope she wins.

Wes
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Go home Scott! Go home Scott!

I don't agree with his mom, if he's the average American then that's a bit scary.

Bencerisback
04-27-2005, 04:57 PM
go constantine, boo scott

coasterdude28
04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Go home Scott! Go home Scott!

I don't agree with his mom, if he's the average American then that's a bit scary.

Ha that would be scary. I don't want the average American to beat their baby's mom. That would be bad.

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2005, 09:21 PM
What in the heck is wrong with america??? Scott not in the bottom 3.

This show has to be rigged. I just plain give up.

Montu Man
04-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Constantine out? I thought he was the most popular. Why did Constantine have to go?

Ryan F
04-27-2005, 09:30 PM
There is something SERIOUSLY messed up with America.
Constantine is 100x better than Scott.
I dont even want to finish watching the series now.

At least his band has a record lable, so I'll be able to listen to him there, and maybe see him in concert if he tours up to Toronto.

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Me either. I think i'm done watching the show as well. I might watch another week to see Anthony get voteff but after that i'm done.

Valpengeist
04-27-2005, 09:33 PM
WHAT?

Constantine gone? He was, as Paula said, "the one to beat!"

American Idol 4 is turning out to be nothing more than a big JOKE!

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2005, 09:35 PM
I think this season America has it backwords. I think america is voteing for the worse singer and wants the worse singer to win.

Valpengeist
04-27-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm still in shock here. I can't even debate it.

Constantine wasn't my favorite, but... I mean, WOW.

Just... WOW. This is bigger than Tamyra. Than Jennifer. La Toya. Heck, even more suprising than Nadia.

Wowsers...

Godsentone
04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I personally thought it was going to be Scott or Anthony, but I never imagined Constantine. I'm just glad my girl, Vonzell, is safe. She shouldn't have been in the bottom 3, but that just goes to show you what will happen if you ASSUME that your favorite will automatically advance without voting. YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!!

Go Baby V GO!!!

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2005, 09:49 PM
I think thats what happened tonight. Constatine's fans assumed he was safe so maybe most of them didn't vote where maybe the entire state where scott is from votes. Thats the only reason i can think of why he was not in the bottom 3.

Wes
04-27-2005, 09:55 PM
What the heck is wrong with America!!!!

I give up. This has gotten to the rediculous stage. No pun intended.

Bencerisback
04-27-2005, 10:06 PM
i completely agree, i walked in there to see the blonde guy (anthony?) standing with the girl and constantine, i was like WTF?!!?!?!?! wheres scott, oh yeah he cheated so hes not even in the bottom 3 this time. then they send the girl back?! and then anthony back?!?!!?! and constantine lost which he literally should have been in the top 3 (imo he should have won) - screw that, people suck

you go paula, im glad you showed how disapointed you were with tears

on the other hand constantine is probably set up for a record label already and im sure paula would do whatever she could to get him out there and on the radio...

Montu Man
04-27-2005, 10:07 PM
I give up watching until the finale. I now believe the voting is rigged. How could Constantine get has a*s deported? He's like the most popular one! I hate both Scott and Anthony, they should leave.

Bencerisback
04-27-2005, 10:09 PM
yeah montu man knows whats up - constantine was the coolest dude ever to step on american idol, and bo is second coolest, then frenchie is the third coolest dude - lol - not really, im jk bout frenchie - but anwar was pretty tight too

scotts a queer, and thats that

Wes
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Did you guys see Scott's face? He was in shock. He has known for the past few weeks that he's the worst of the bunch and knows he should have been gone by now.

Constantine will do fine, but he deserved to at least get in the Top 3 or 4.

How could America put Vonzelle in the bottom 3 and not put Scott there??? I think this might hurt the show in the long run.

Look at last year, there is no way Fantasia should have won. Latoya was much better.

Valpengeist
04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Look at last year, there is no way Fantasia should have won. Latoya was much better.

I disagree! Fantasia was easily the best last season. Sure, La Toya was good (VERY good, as a matter of fact), but she couldn't hold a candle to Fantasia- a soulful, exciting, inspiring singer and performer.

Godsentone
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM

Man, you sick, have you heard her CD? She makes me want to say Kelly who? Ruben who?

The girl is tight!!! Best CD I have heard since well, Michael's Thriller, b/c every song could be potential #1 hit.

Carowinds 73-03
04-28-2005, 04:15 AM
I agree. I think Fantasia is the best of any AI winners and far better than anyone this season.

Wes
04-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. I personally don't like her voice that much.

Carowinds 73-03
04-28-2005, 08:18 AM
It is a bit like Macy Gray and i'll be the first to admit that i hate her. I think maybe it's just cause she's a southern hometown girl that gives her voice a little something extra.

freakylick
04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
I personally don't like her voice that much.

Well Wes, you certainly aren't alone. There are a lot of people out there that can't stand her voice...myself included. Unfortunately, there are more that love her voice. I hate her voice, she can't dance (that dang bobo thing is stupid and most of the time she walks around the stage bobbing her head like a pigeon), and I don't really like her personality.

But that being said, I agree that she is a great singer. It's just hard for me to get past the "fingernails-on-the-chalkboard" voice.

And Wes, I agree with you about LaToya.

Regarding this past weeks AI...As I said after least week, I am done with this show. I said that after last season, but I gave it another chance this year...but once again, AI has failed in my opinion. I didn't watch this week (and I am glad that I didn't)and I don't intend to watch it again. Until the voting problems are fixed (ie-limit votes and/or vote for the worst, not the best), the show lacks merit for me .

leeloo1953
04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I never even heard of any of the previous winners of AI, becuase this is the first year I've actually watched AI aftrer the tryout episodes. When Fantasia, I think that's who it was sang this year on AI...sorry she sucked!! I didn't like her voice, and sure as hell didn't like what she looked like. If she was an AI winner, then I really have no reason to be watching this year. With her perfomance this year on the current AI was just not good.

As far as this week, I'm so sick, I could kill somebody. Listening to the radio stations, that I listen to here in Ohio, nobody likes Scott! Don't blame it on Ohio voters!! Unless you're a family member or a friend of Scotts, if you voted for him, here's why you did...

You're a very weak minded person, you are easily controlled...you fell for the Subliminal
messages, that for some reason AI or ABC is sending out for Scott. :leeloo2: Yes, that's the only reason he can be getting so many votes. Simple minded people are being brain washed. Simple as that.

Other than that. With all the reality shows I watch, and there's a ton of them, I have no chance of helping my favorites, with AI I do, but, I feel, my vote or how many votes have no chance.

Next new AI that starts, let only the family members vote up until the final 6. Then allow the public to vote. LOL!!!

Scott over Constatine? The voting system has big problems. I'm sorry, get rid of the public vote. Let the experts decide, like they do on American Model, or the Next Great Clothes Designer, or let the contestants vote others off, This American Vote is HONESTLY not fair!!

Seriously, the way AI is allowing the voting, really is not honest. My parents watch this show and vote, they are in their late 70's, I've voted I'm in my 50's, these votes are going to make a difference, but family and friends are going to make a bigger diffference.

The problem with thiis type of "reality" show is that family, and friends can vote, over and over, over again. Stop the public voting, let the professionals decide!

Wes
04-28-2005, 03:15 PM
As far as this week, I'm so sick, I could kill somebody. Listening to the radio stations, that I listen to here in Ohio, nobody likes Scott!

You're a very weak minded person, you are easily controlled...you fell for the Subliminal messages, that for some reason AI or ABC is sending out for Scott.

Everywhere I go today people are talking about this. No one likes Scott or at least not more than Constantine.

This thing stinks of a scandal in the making.

And on the 2nd comment, OB1 warned us about those weak minded people at Mos Isley ;)

coasterdude28
04-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Well I am now convinced that this how is rigged. I am telling myself that I'm not going to watch it anymore but I will porbably be sucked in again next week. Next week on ABC a former AI contestant is going to "tell all" and spill the behind the scenes rigging that goes on. Be sure to watch that.

Also Leeloo, AI is on Fox not ABC.

Cuddy
04-28-2005, 04:19 PM
LeeLoo, the show is American Idol, so if America wants Punk Scotty as their new Idol, so be it.

But I do agree also with his "hometown" stations striking him down. Listening to WTAM the other morning, they played a clip of Scott, then of Paula, Randy and my favorite star Simon. I didn't even see the show, but from what I heard, Scott was quite Kareoke.

Carowinds 73-03
04-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Are you serious? I have not heard anything about that yet. What time & day does it air?

leeloo1953
04-28-2005, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=coasterdude28Also Leeloo, AI is on Fox not ABC.[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh!! I know that. ABC I am so sorry for for saying that, you have one the best reality shows on tv!! Fox only has AI and after this season, I realized why I never watched it before!!

Keep up the good work ABC!! And CBS, Bravo, MTV, etc. You all have great reality shows, and Honest reality shows.

Valpengeist
04-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Old new, Carowinds... old news. ;)

ABC will air "Fallen Idol" next Wednesday, May 4, at 10 PM Eastern. Here's a link:

AI Expose' Article (http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article5361.art&page=1)

And... to add fuel to the fire, check this out:

Bo Bice... and Cocaine? (http://www.foxesonidol.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article1714.art&page=1)

Plus, back with the old "how is Scott still in it?" controversy, check out this site:

Voting... for the worst? (http://www.griffinity.com/dave/)

There. Some articles to check out... what a season this has been!

Godsentone
04-28-2005, 06:35 PM
It is a bit like Macy Gray and i'll be the first to admit that i hate her. I think maybe it's just cause she's a southern hometown girl that gives her voice a little something extra.

Her voice is nothing like Macy Gray. Now if you had of said Aretha Franklin, then I would have to agree with you, but that's your opinion. I know some people don't like stars anyway.

coasterdude28
04-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Nice finds. I hope Bo doesn't get in any trouble.

CoasterKid23
04-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Oooh, yay, I get to disagree with everyone...
Here goes:
You all complain that Scott is still in, Scott sucks, Scott is not a model American, Scott is queer, among other things I've seen in this thread, but did any of you actually bother to vote for the contestants you wanted to stay in? If you truely feel Constantine should have stayed, why the hell didn't you vote for him? No one can complain, because you could have changed the outcome. In the past few weeks, I've been pulling for Scott because he's the underdog. He doesn't seem like a great person and sure as hell isn't a fantastic singer, but he's the underdog, so I was voting for him the last 2 weeks. This week, I thought he sucked and deserved to go, so I didn't vote for him, or for anyone (In my opinion, Vonzell and Anthony were the best, by the way). Lo and behold, he's not even in the bottom 3!

Now, don't get me wrong, I think in no way that Scotty deserves to win, Constantine did. The final should have been Constantine, Bo, and Vonzell. Now, this is Bo's competition to lose. Unless someone stands out from now till then, I'm not going to vote at all and let Bo have it. If anyone disagrees with me, then go ahead and vote, no one's stopping you...

Valpengeist
04-28-2005, 06:58 PM
I've voted every week...

Normally somewhere between 50 and 100 times for one or various contestants. This week I voted for everyone but Scott; in fact, I haven't given him one vote throughout the whole competition.

Oh, and about Bo: the important folks with AI released a statement saying he was forthcoming about his arrests from the beginning, and they were going to take no action in this matter.

Bencerisback
04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
i swear scott created that website, the vote for the worst...lol

yeah i did vote for constantine, plenty of times each week infact, so if that was aimed at me, sorry to burst your bubble

Ryan F
04-28-2005, 07:22 PM
In the past few weeks, I've been pulling for Scott because he's the underdog. He doesn't seem like a great person and sure as hell isn't a fantastic singer, but he's the underdog, so I was voting for him the last 2 weeks. This week, I thought he sucked and deserved to go, so I didn't vote for him, or for anyone (In my opinion, Vonzell and Anthony were the best, by the way).
Thats not the point of voting though...you're supposed to vote for the GOOD singer, not the underdog. At least you did the right thing this week...just had a bad outcome.

But, does anyone else find it weird that the week after Constatine's band gets a record deal he's voted off? If these votes truely are rigged, then there's a pretty good clue. Producers dont want someone with a band and CD to win...even if alot of viewers do.

CoasterKid23
04-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering, my comments weren't directed at any particular person, just a general thing in response to 14 pages of posts, of which I read only about 3 or 4 pages. Good for you if you did vote, and those of you that did, what I said certainly doesn't apply to you, so please don't take offense.

Montu Man
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Not sure if it's been posted, but did you guys hear the rumor that NBC, ABC, CBS etc. are making their employees vote for Scott so that people will become disgusted that he's still in and tune in to other shows? I'm not making this up, just something I heard.

coasterdude28
04-28-2005, 09:14 PM
That most likely is a rumor but it is a good one.

Bencerisback
04-28-2005, 09:15 PM
thats actually very logical, my dad works for nbc at a local station - but he doesnt pay attention to this anyway and im positive he has NEVER voted

youll probably get flamed for that even though its probably true (no offense), thats very interesting though

Montu Man
04-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Well with Constantine out (he was the most popular, everyone's favorite around here, including mine!) I'm not watching until the finale. I'm disgusted that Anthony and Scott are still in.

Godsentone
04-28-2005, 10:37 PM
How will you know when the finale is unless you keep watching every night? You know I stopped listening to people make statements like this back in the second season of AI, b/c noone ever means it. The show is so addictive that even if you don't agree with the voting, you still want to know what happened. It's like you agree to disagree!!!

Carowinds 73-03
04-28-2005, 10:43 PM
I Agree, I am very upset but i'll still be watching every week.

Thats an intresting rumor about the NBC, CBS & ABC. I'd be willing to bet it's true.

Montu Man
04-28-2005, 11:01 PM
How will you know when the finale is unless you keep watching every night? You know I stopped listening to people make statements like this back in the second season of AI, b/c noone ever means it. The show is so addictive that even if you don't agree with the voting, you still want to know what happened. It's like you agree to disagree!!!

You know when it is because they advertise it all over!

Ryan F
04-29-2005, 07:23 AM
There's 5 contestants left, so the finale is in 5 weeks. Easy enough.

Carowinds 73-03
04-29-2005, 04:38 PM
The finale is in 4 weeks. 3 more weeks of voteing off then the 4th week in the finale with the final 2.

Carowinds 73-03
04-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Sex & Drug scandals on American Idol. It feels like this show has become a primetime soap rather than a reality show. I wonder what will surface next.

leeloo1953
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Well, both Scott and Bo were up front with the producers even before the auditions, they knew they should do that because of that other person, who wasn't up front with them from the beginning. The thing with the other stations, I really don't belive that. Hey, everybody is looking for reasons as to why Scott is still there to make us all feel better. To make us think that there can't possibly be that many people around the US that like Scott. There probably isn't, but if Carowinds can vote 20 or 30 times for somebody he doesn't even know, how many times can those who know Scott vote in one night??!

The voting is not right. I think the winner should be voted on by the 3 judges. They always disagree with each other normally, but, I think if they were the only 3 to decide, I think Paula, would forget being so sweet to everybody, Randy, would have to make up his mind, and Simon, would be totally honest and pick his choice. Let the Judges decide, forget the American vote.

You don't get to be an American Idol from this type of show. You get to be an American Idol, because you grew up working for it. You ate mac and cheese everyday for 4 or 5 months. Not because you're helping a tv network make money because of a show they have.

Montu Man
05-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Not sure if it's been posted, but did you guys hear the rumor that NBC, ABC, CBS etc. are making their employees vote for Scott so that people will become disgusted that he's still in and tune in to other shows? I'm not making this up, just something I heard.

I also heard that their doing this to try and reduce AI's ratings, but it's at the highest it's ever been at, which sucks. This Wednesday on Primetime their doing a report on this and how the voting is a set up. Should be interesting, even if you're not an AI fan.

Carowinds 73-03
05-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm looking foward to the AI special. Hopefully it will clear alot of questions and concerns about the show that i have.

Montu Man
05-01-2005, 08:29 PM
It's called Falling Idol or something like that. I'll probably watch it.

tgrocks
05-01-2005, 08:39 PM
I watch American Idol. I live in Canada and my fave contestants are Vonzell and Carrie. I think they're both awesome. Too bad I can't vote...

leeloo1953
05-01-2005, 09:05 PM
What station is Primetime on, I've never watched it. Is it, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc.? Is it on the same station AI is? I mean, you must understand if it's not, then of course they are going to find everything wrong with the show. I mean, let's believe everything we hear from the enemy stations.

Seriously, if it's about AI and is on a different station, then, don't automatically think it's true.

Oh, whatever. I can see and hear it already. LOL!!

Cuddy
05-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Primetime Live is on ABC. AI is on FOX.

If I could get it, I would watch it. I'm stuck with crappy antennae reception right now.

Wes
05-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Just a little bit of trivia, I was flipping channels Saturday and saw Constantine in Washington for the White House Press Corp dinner. I think it's held at the White House, but can't remember for sure.

It was on CSpan, which can be interesting sometimes, because no matter what is going on in D.C. they always have a camera there. lol

coasterdude28
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
It is on ABC and they have already said that the people alligably(sp) accused of.

Valpengeist
05-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Well, once again, the theme has supposedly been 'leaked,' so here's what I've heard.

The top five will be singing TWO songs each:

1) A song from last year's American Top 40
and
2) A song from (songwriting duo) Lieber and Stroller (the minds behind Love Potion No. 9, Smokey Joe's Cafe, On Broadway, Jailhouse Rock, Stand by Me, Hound Dog, Under the Boardwalk, and more).

I personally think the first song will be too much like last week's theme, but we'll see who can pull it off. I do like the Lieber and Stroller theme though- lots of good stuff there for the contestants to choose.

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Awsome. I like it when they sing two songs. I knew it was coming soon since they have a whole hour to fill.

coasterdude28
05-03-2005, 02:48 PM
That sounds pretty good. I really think I'll like the second songs.

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh wait..... Tha means we'll have to hear Scott sing twice. Someone please stop this from happining. I guess i can just flip the channel when he comes on.

CoasterKid23
05-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I love being a party pooper and voting for the guy everyone hates. I only started watching this year because I saw some chubby red-neck looking guy up there singing and getting in, so I vowed to root for him. As long as Scotty the Body doesn't fall on his face (like he did last week), I'll be voting for him (at least 50 times to make up for all of you not voting for him :p ).

But yeah, considering I can do that, I agree with Leeloo in that it is a pretty stupid system when it comes down to just how dedicated each person's fans are, and not how good they are. It's not stopping me, though. :D

xbadx1233
05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
rumor has it that paula has been kicked off the show for use of drugs, and bo is very close with his charge of cocaine possesion

Valpengeist
05-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Bo will NOT be kicked off; official statements from AI have proved this. As for Paula; heck if I know- I doubt it.

One song choice rumor floating around (supposedly from an "official" source) says that Bo will be singing the Los Lonely Boy's "(How Far is) Heaven." Seems like a good choice to me...

Ryan F
05-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I seriously doubt they would kick Paula off in the middle of the season. If they want to get rid of her it'll probably be before next season.

Valpengeist
05-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm hearing now Bo could be singing a Switchfoot song; so, in other words, ignore what I say!

It is confirmed, however, that the theme(s) will be Lieber & Stroller Hits/American Top 40. Sounds like a good show to me!

Wes
05-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Tonight was another blah night like last week in some ways.

I missed Scott's first performance taking out the trash (literally) lol and then they said it was great. I doubt it.

His 2nd was horrible. He mumbled all the words!! If he doesn't go this week I will scream (again).

Anthony is OK, but does not deserve to win. How convenient they made it for us that 3,4,5 are all the good singers ;)

Oh and Constantine ain't hurting, he's been on like every talk show in the country already. lol

I wonder how much they pay...

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 09:25 PM
I thought thw show was just alright tonight. Not one person had a outstanding performance imo. Both songs from Scott just sucked (no suprise there).

One of Carrie's songs was pretty good but a bit pitchy in both, same goes for Anthony & Vonzel who's 2nd song was good but she murdered her first song.

Like the judges said i thought Bo won tonight, he made everyone look like amatures.

I think trhe final 2 will be Bo & Carrie.

CoasterKid23
05-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah, this is Bo's competition. It will be a total debocle if he doesnt make the final or even if anyone else wins.

On another note, 5 votes for Scotty so far :D

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 09:51 PM
WHAT??? Are you voteing for Scott??

CoasterKid23
05-03-2005, 10:05 PM
I love being a party pooper and voting for the guy everyone hates. I only started watching this year because I saw some chubby red-neck looking guy up there singing and getting in, so I vowed to root for him. As long as Scotty the Body doesn't fall on his face (like he did last week), I'll be voting for him (at least 50 times to make up for all of you not voting for him :p ).

I already stated my intention to vote for him, I'm up to 25 right now, and it's surprisingly busy, I've only gotten through half the time.

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Anthony's line is very busy, Thats a very good sign. I have only gotten through 3 times and i usually get about 15 by now.

Montu Man
05-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Anthony and Scott, the 2 people I hate the most, have busy lines?

**Remember to watch Fallen Idol tomorrow, I'm hoping it will be good!

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I'll be sure to record it.

Scott's line is busy because everyone at CBS, ABC & NBC are voteing. Anthony acually has alot of fan but not enough to keep him out of the bottom 2 or 3 every week.

Wes
05-03-2005, 11:06 PM
VOTE FOR 3,4,5 no other votes please!!!! ;)

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2005, 11:15 PM
4 of the final 5 will get recording contracts anyway. Oh and constatine.

Valpengeist
05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I came quite close to voting for Scott myself.

Overall, unlike some others' opinions, I thought this was a GREAT night of performances- the best in weeks! Carrie, Vonzell, and Bo all shone as the best tonight- each of them had two excellent performances- just wow, wow, wow.

Then there's Anthony and Scott. I expected for Scott to do terribly and for Anthony to improve, but it was just the opposite! Scott, IMO, had his best night yet, but Anthony gave me no reason to vote for him; his song choices were dull and uninspired.

How I'd rank them tonight:
1) Carrie (managed to get 20 votes)
2) Bo/Vonzell (got 15 for each)
4) Scott
5) Anthony

Although Scott showed signs of improvement, I don't care if he or Anthony get sent home- as long as it's one of them.

leeloo1953
05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I voted, only one time...to bad that couldn't be the rule, one person, one vote, isn't that the way politics work?? Just think if everybody could sit at the phone and press redial or have these new fangled phones that redial themselves and vote like 100 times for President. Who knows what President we might have right now. :rolleyes:

As far as tonight, Bo had it, all the way. I didn't care for any of the others. I do agree with Simon tonight, Bo did make the others look like amateurs.

But, please, understand this is just the way I feel, it's my very own opinion!! Don't get mad or be mean, just because I spoke my opinion. At least not in this thread.

ThunderDan
05-04-2005, 08:28 AM
I thought Vonzell averaged out the best night. 20 attempts to vote and I gave up. There must be something wrong with the connection in the Philly area. I have never been able to get through.

I hate to say it but Scott was just too good last night to not remain in the competition. I would expect Anthony to go.

Bo was my favorite for a while. He's bringing back memories from the mid 90's and Pearl Jam. If he doesn't sing some tenor/falsetto notes soon, I am not sure he should win. Anwar would not sing any bass, and he's gone.

Wes
05-04-2005, 11:22 AM
At this point anybody but Scott or Anthony deserves to win it.

Carrie, Bo and Vonzelle have all had several amazing performances, not just good, but good enough that they could copy it off tv and sell the single. lol

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2005, 04:31 PM
I thought Vonzell was just ok. I didn't like the fact that instead of finding her own song she went a sang one of the group songs from the Red Cross CD. Just lazy imo. For that she does not deserve to win.

freakylick
05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
You know I stopped listening to people make statements like this back in the second season of AI, b/c noone ever means it. The show is so addictive that even if you don't agree with the voting, you still want to know what happened.

I said that I was going to stop watching a couple of weeks back, and I still haven't seen it. So you can't say "noone" ever means it. In fact, my wife still watches and I leave the room and go do other things.

And CoasterKid23...Thanks for being part of the problem. It really shows maturity. The contestants are working their butts off every week and you make a mockery of the whole thing. And don't come on here criticizing people for not voting, especially when you only bothered to read a couple of pages of this entire thread. You don't know who has voted and who hasn't. And if you have the time to vote 50 times/night, then good for you. But not everyone has that kind of time.

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2005, 09:30 PM
OH THANK GOD. America has finally gotten it right. Good-bye Scott !!!!!!!!!!!!!

coasterdude28
05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I can finally enjoy the show again. I am very happy that America voted correctly this time. See ya never Scott!

CoasterKid23
05-04-2005, 10:09 PM
And CoasterKid23...Thanks for being part of the problem. It really shows maturity. The contestants are working their butts off every week and you make a mockery of the whole thing.

Would you mind elaborating on what the problem is? I'm not sure I see why I am such a big contributer to said problem. The producers came up with a voting system 4 years ago, and it hasn't changed, which means it can't be that much of a problem. Sure, there are a few surprises on how America votes, but it was anticipated that justice would be served by the viewers, which I'm sure we can say it has (except in 2 instances, in my opinion, the ousting on Constantine and Fantasia winning last year). I can assure you I'm not the only individual in the country that has voted often for the contestant they wanted to see move on to the next round, which I was pretty sure was the point of voting.

That all said, I do believe that it was Scott's week to go, and America made the right votes, unlike last week, which I also felt was Scott's week to go. I would be all for changing the system to somehow allow only one vote per phone number, if that were possible, or having judges decide on the final result, but as long as it stays the way it is, well, as they say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Just announced today that the Idols will be performing in NC 3 times. Once in Greensboro, a free concert at Speed Street i Uptown Charlotte and a concert at the Coca-Cola 600 with Ryan Seacrest.

Look foward to seeing them in a few weeks.

Valpengeist
05-04-2005, 11:11 PM
First, you can't criticize Vonzell's song choice, because Fantasia did the same thing last year when she performed "Chain of Fools" on the final three show after already spending weeks on it for the AI recording. Plus, Vonzell's other song was one she'd probably never heard of, and I'd bet she wanted to spend more time on it. I mean, Bo sang two songs he probably never had to look up a lyric for. Still, I'm not criticizing anyone.

Anyways, ABC's "explosive" expose', "Fallen Idol," was nothing more than tabloid trash- a shady, slimy Corey Clark making unbacked accusations. Sure, he had phone records and a couple of voice messages, but those could probably be fabricated. Still, there is the possibility of truth, but ABC did a horrible job of exposing it.

Whether or not it was truth, shame on you, ABC!

Montu Man
05-04-2005, 11:13 PM
The whole Fallen Idol show sucked. He made lots of accusations, but everything could be made up. It could just be free advertising for the book he wrote.

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Then i'm glad i missed it, Sounds like it was nothing and nothing will ever come from it.

I don't remeber Fantasia doing that, If she did (i can't remeber that far back) then that statement goes for her too.

Wes
05-05-2005, 08:14 AM
WHOOOOOOOOTAH!!!!!!!!!! Scott is gone. :devil:

I am so glad they finally got rid of him.

freakylick
05-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Would you mind elaborating on what the problem is? I'm not sure I see why I am such a big contributer to said problem.

I've been pulling for Scott because he's the underdog. He doesn't seem like a great person and sure as hell isn't a fantastic singer, but he's the underdog, so I was voting for him the last 2 weeks.

I love being a party pooper and voting for the guy everyone hates. I only started watching this year because I saw some chubby red-neck looking guy up there singing and getting in, so I vowed to root for him.

You have been voting for someone based on something other than merit. That is a problem. And the voting system is wrong. Just because they haven't changed the procedure, it doesn't mean that it works. Scott was one of, if not the worst singer of the final 12 and he should not have lasted to the final 5. People have been voting for him for something other than merit and that is part of the problem.

Godsentone
05-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey, the competition won't really begin until Anthony is gone then we can see who really is the American Idol.

Here is my unbias opinion of the best:

Best Vocalist:

Carrie
Vonzell
Bo

Best Entertainer/Performer:

Bo
Vonzell
Carrie

Best Appearance:

Vonzell
Carrie
Bo

Best Personality:

Vonzell
Bo
Carrie

Best Judge Compliments:

Carrie
Bo
Vonzell

Best Chances to Win:

Bo
Carrie
Vonzell

Carowinds 73-03
05-05-2005, 03:05 PM
I wopuld agree with most of those. I see Carrie winning though.

coasterdude28
05-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Fallen Idol was trash. I think Cory is saying this now for publicity because he is releasing a book and an album very shortly. Everything he said could have been easily made up. He kept saying hoe he loves Paula, but then why would he attempt to ruin her like this? Also whenever he was asked a base question such as "is Paula a judge on AI?" he would look right at John Quiniones(sp) in the eyes and answer. But when ever he was asked if he had sex with Paula or if Paula secretly coached him, he would look down at the floor and answer. That is a classic sign of lying. Also, he is not a very good singer anyways.

With that said, Who do you think is the most confident at this point in the competition? I would say that Bo is a lot more confident than anyone else in the show. I get a feeling that he knows he is the best. That can be very good but it could also hurt him. Who do you think is the most confident at this point?

Carowinds 73-03
05-05-2005, 03:20 PM
I would agree that Bo is but he's not the best.

CoasterKid23
05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
You have been voting for someone based on something other than merit. That is a problem.

So, what do you consider merit? Millions of America's teen girls are voting for Bo because he's the hottest thing since (insert analogy here), apparently. The judges have judged on things other than ability, such as appearance and personality, which was the same thing I was doing.

Last year's show clearly proved that the American Idol is not America's best undiscovered singer, (but then again, I couldn't figure out why Fantasia made it past the final 4 anyway) it is and should be based on a number of factors. I wouldn't have voted for Scotty if I thought he was as much of a horrible singer as he's made out to be (especially here), I did vote for him because I felt he was good enough, and I liked his attitude and style that he went about performing and such during his time on the show. If that's a crime, someone should revoke Fantasia's (and maybe Rueben's) title.

And the voting system is wrong. Just because they haven't changed the procedure, it doesn't mean that it works.
Just by the way, I do agree with you here, for the most part.

Bencerisback
05-05-2005, 07:12 PM
i missed it, did scott cry when he got off...i hope he did

leeloo1953
05-05-2005, 08:52 PM
So, what do you consider merit? Millions of America's teen girls are voting for Bo

Not just teen girls. :leeloo2: My mom has been voting for him and she's in her 70's.

A friend of mine is convinced that the next winner will be Bo or Anthony. Here's her way of thinking (I think she's wrong):

1st winner - Female, white
2nd winner - Male, black
3rd winner - Female, black
Next winner - Male, white

I told her she's crazy, because if she thinks that way, then she does think the votes are rigged somehow. I don't think the votes are rigged, I think the voting system is wrong, but not rigged.

Everybody has a different ear for music. As Godsentone said, he thinks Carrie is the best vocalist, I think Bo is, I don't like Carrie's voice. So people are going to vote because they have a different ear for music and different idea of what they want to see in a performance. Those who voted for Scott really had different ideas. ;)

Anyway, Bo is still there, Scott isn't. Fine by me.

Bencerisback
05-05-2005, 09:14 PM
i think the fact that abc people and such are voting for people that are the worst, to get the show bad ratings as the show has dominated since like 3 years ago or whenever it started

freakylick
05-05-2005, 09:40 PM
So, what do you consider merit? The judges have judged on things other than ability, such as appearance and personality, which was the same thing I was doing.

The judges have voted based on things that are important to be an "American idol". You admitted that you voted for someone who you didn't think was a "good person" and someone who "sure as hell isn't a fantastic singer". Based on those statements, it seems that you don't think he has the merits to be an AI. Then you called him a chubby redneck looking guy...I don't know, maybe you consider that "appearance" something to be idolized..but I doubt it. You apparently don't think he deserves it, yet you continue to vote for him "because everyone hates him" and you want to be a "party pooper".

I wouldn't have voted for Scotty if I thought he was as much of a horrible singer as he's made out to be, I did vote for him because I felt he was good enough, and I liked his attitude and style that he went about performing and such during his time on the show.

It sounds like you are changing your story now.

Last year's show clearly proved that the American Idol is not America's best undiscovered singer, (but then again, I couldn't figure out why Fantasia made it past the final 4 anyway) it is and should be based on a number of factors.

Well I have made no bones about not liking Fantasia either, but I was clearly in the minority as there are people all over the place who loved her. So I can understand that she won despite the fact that I was not in agreement. You're right though, it's not about the best undiscovered singer...but even in other categories, Scott still doesn't measure up.

coasterdude28
05-05-2005, 10:03 PM
i missed it, did scott cry when he got off...i hope he did

No but they had everybody on the stage and they told him to go sit on the couch and he thought he was safe. He did the whole throw the hands in the air thing that he always did but then he found out he was in the bottom two. It was great because I knew all along but he thought he was safe.

Carowinds 73-03
05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
That was funny. Ryan said go sit on the couch. He did not say your safe go sit. Just go sit on the couch. What an idiot, i'm sure he felt stupid. Even Anthony knew he was not safe.

Wes
05-06-2005, 08:08 AM
My Mom heard that Fantasia is buying a house in Ballantyne (http://www.ballantyneresort.com/) (upscale South Charlotte).

I'm glad to see she is staying around here and not running off to Hollywood.

Montu Man
05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey, the competition won't really begin until Anthony is gone then we can see who really is the American Idol.

Here is my unbias opinion of the best:

Best Vocalist:

Carrie
Vonzell
Bo

Best Entertainer/Performer:

Bo
Vonzell
Carrie

Best Appearance:

Vonzell
Carrie
Bo

Best Personality:

Vonzell
Bo
Carrie

Best Judge Compliments:

Carrie
Bo
Vonzell

Best Chances to Win:

Bo
Carrie
Vonzell

And Anthony doesn't get on any of those...lol. I can't wait until he get's voted off, he's terrible.

Wes
05-06-2005, 08:14 AM
He's a Clay wanna be. lol

coastergenius100
05-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I still can't believe that Constantine got voted off. I was hoping that the two rockers would go 1-2.

Carowinds 73-03
05-06-2005, 02:27 PM
My Mom heard that Fantasia is buying a house in Ballantyne (http://www.ballantyneresort.com/) (upscale South Charlotte).

I'm glad to see she is staying around here and not running off to Hollywood.

I heard that too just yesterday. I even know what house she's buying. She will live right around the corner from me.

CoasterKid23
05-06-2005, 07:16 PM
A friend of mine is convinced that the next winner will be Bo or Anthony. Here's her way of thinking (I think she's wrong):
1st winner - Female, white
2nd winner - Male, black
3rd winner - Female, black
Next winner - Male, white

It makes some sense, that's what I said before the competition. Once it was wittled down to 12, I knew either Constantine or Bo would win, and we all know only one of them is left. Based on the way that I think America thinks, Bo will win. There are probably plenty of people that want to see the white, male American Idol, plus like I said before, Bo has the sex appeal, if you will, to be the next idol.

Montu Man
05-06-2005, 10:10 PM
I thought Constantine was better, I still can't beleive he got voted off. Out of the people left, I want Bo to win though.

Godsentone
05-07-2005, 03:40 AM
Well, to comment on the second to last post, I would just like to say that America is probably thinking about who would be more marketable as for as Album Sales. In other words, whose CD would you much rather buy. I personally would want either a CD by Vonzell or Carrie, but that's because I love their voices. I believe that the top 10 contestants will be touring for some time now, so we will all get a chance to hear them again. Yep, even the ones that you guys hated to hear. lol The top 3 will definitely drop their CD's no matter what though.

xbadx1233
05-10-2005, 08:56 AM
anyone know the theme for tonight?

btw a group huzzah is in order for the removal of scott..

HUZZAH!

Wes
05-10-2005, 10:36 AM
HUZZAH!

Haven't heard a theme yet

Valpengeist
05-10-2005, 01:38 PM
The "official" rumor for tonight's theme is:

"The Philly Sound of Gamble & Huff."

Yeah, a big "???" for most of us. But from what I've gathered, it's basically 60s and 70s Soul Music. An analogy would be: Motown is to Detroit as Gamble & Huff is to Philadelphia. Songs produced by the two producers include "Me and Mrs. Jones," "Betcha By Golly Wow," "Stairway to Heaven," and others.

Looks like this fits Vonzell to a "T"... Bo should do good as well. As for Carrie and Anthony... well, I guess we'll see tonight!

xbadx1233
05-10-2005, 01:40 PM
^where does he find this stuff out???

Carowinds 73-03
05-10-2005, 05:37 PM
www.idolonfox.com has a forums like here so i'm sure it's released there.

Valpengeist
05-10-2005, 06:58 PM
^ Yes, I get some information there, but normally I prefer idolforums.com.

Update:

The Gamble & Huff theme is only one of two the contestants will be performing from tonight. The other is...

COUNTRY!

This is a big shock for me (but not at all in other respects) because Carrie's been touted as the "Country Girl," Simon has said he likes her, and now it seems the producers really want Carrie to move on (and Bo as well...).

I found in another article that Paula has confirmed tonight's two themes will be "Nashville" and "The Philadelphia Song."

That's all, folks.

Carowinds 73-03
05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Awsome show tonight.Anthony rocked imo. One last night of Anthony before he goes tomorrow. He ended on a great note.

Valpengeist
05-10-2005, 10:43 PM
^ We can only hope... I hate it though, because he REALLY outshone Carrie when they chose the same song.

Bo was Bo, as usual. I think he's becoming my favorite to win the whole thing...

One more thought: What happened to Vonzell? Poor thing...

I'm voting for 1, 2, and 3 on Amazing Race commercial breaks!

Wes
05-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Notice a pattern anyone?

Last week Scott sang last. He got booted (finally).

This week Anthony sang last and probably will get booted. lol

Anthony actually did quite well on If you don't know me by now. Simply Red still did it better than him, but I thought his version was much better than Carrie's.

leeloo1953
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm hoping for Bo! I just don't care for any of the others.

Carowinds 73-03
05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm hopeing Vonzell goes tonight. I would like to see Anthony stick around another week.

Valpengeist
05-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Bye, Anthony. See you later.

Now- what a final three! This might be the best final trio EVER (possibly season two as the exception), and I have a feeling that next week's show is going to be GREAT.

(BTW- Did you see Bo's auditon video?- He sang "Whipping Post!" It was really, really good...)

TopGun2004
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
im sorry to say but took freaking long enough