PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Wes
05-12-2005, 08:05 AM
In the immortal words... Bye! Bye! Bye! Anthony.

Now I'm happy with AI. Any of the Top 3 could win and I'd be happy. I think Bo or Carrie will win.

Godsentone
05-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Here we go at last: Let's see how it shapes up now!!! Remember this:

Hey, the competition won't really begin until Anthony is gone then we can see who really is the American Idol.

Here is my unbias opinion of the best:

Best Vocalist:

Carrie
Vonzell
Bo

Best Entertainer/Performer:

Bo
Vonzell
Carrie

Best Appearance:

Vonzell
Carrie
Bo

Best Personality:

Vonzell
Bo
Carrie

Best Judge Compliments:

Carrie
Bo
Vonzell

Best Chances to Win:

Bo
Carrie
Vonzell

Bencerisback
05-12-2005, 07:49 PM
well america has gotten it right 2 weeks in a row, although i did like everyone from last nights show so it was sad to know that someone had to go home - im not sure who im rooting for now because frankly, bo sucked on tuesday (from what i saw of the second song, althoguh the first song was ok) - i am still hoping bo picks it up next week and dominates in place of constantine

Carowinds 73-03
05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
I'll miss Anthony. Atleast his CD will be out soon i hope.

Valpengeist
05-17-2005, 01:32 PM
So... another week....

Tonight's theme is: well, not really a theme. Each contestant will sing a song of their choice, then each judge will pick a song for one constestant, and finally, Clive Davis will be returning to pick a song for each one and 'guest judge.' This is just like last year's final three show.

**Tonight's Song Choices: Spoilers Ahead**

Here's some information I got from idolforums.com; supposedly, it's pretty accurate:

1st Round - Contestant's Choice
Bo: Still Rock and Rock to Me, Billy Joel
Carrie: Wild Angels, Martina McBride
Vonzell: Something to Talk About, Bonnie Raitt

2nd Round, Judge's Choice
Bo: I Can't Get No Satisfaction, Rolling Stones (picked by Randy)
Carrie: Man, I Feel Like a Woman, Shania Twain (picked by Paula)
Vonzell: On The Radio, Donna Summer (picked by Simon)

3rd Round - Clive Davis Choice
Bo: Sweet Home Alabama, Lynyrd Skynyrd
Carrie: Cryin', Roy Orbison
Vonzell: Power of Love, Celine Dion

Looks like a great show tonight!

Wes
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Crying is one of my favorite Roy Orbison songs. I hope this is acurate because I'd love to see her hit that high note. lol :D

Sweet Home Alabama again? yikes. (I got sick of it after Ruben sang it)

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2005, 06:38 PM
All awsome songs. Tonight sounds to be a great show. I do look foward to this season being over. Just not the greatest seaon imo.

Valpengeist
05-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Okay, I've just found out that two of Clive Davis's picks that I posted above are probably wrong. :p The real selections are:

Bo: Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me, Elton John
Vonzell: I'll Never Love this Way Again, Dionne Warwick
Carrie: (the same- Cryin')

Vonzell's seems about the same, but what a song for Bo- I mean, Elton John?... hm, should be interesting!

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I like the Elon John song better but i think that soung would more fit Anthony then Bo. If bo is songing that then it will most likely be bad. That song just does not fit him imo.

Vonzell's song sound kinda blah also, Not a great song imo. It will be intresting to see who pulls off what. 10 more min and we'll see.

leeloo1953
05-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Bo will do just fine with any older song. I really wanted him to do Sweet Home Alabama. Although, noboby will ever do it as good as the originals!

So, it sounds like Bo will be doing, Billy Joel, Rolling Stones and Elton John. He can handle that!

Bo, can do an Elton John song with no problem. He's a Rocker, he can handle an Elton John song with no problem. Just wait and see.

Peace and luv!!!

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
I like the Elon John song better but i think that soung would more fit Anthony then Bo. If bo is songing that then it will most likely be bad. That song just does not fit him imo.

I retract that statement, Bo did an awsoem job. I can't believe he pulled that song off. It game me goosebumps. Like simon said Round 1 goes to Bo. Carrie was just as awsoem while Vonzell was not all that great.

leeloo1953
05-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Ok, let's see the girls sing a song without any background music. Bo just was awesome!!!

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Round 2 goes to carrie.

Both Bo & Carrie were beyond awsome. Poor Vonzell is getting left behing although her 2nd song was a bit better than the first. Hopefully she'll continue to improve with her 3rd but either way i think she's gone tomorrow night.

Valpengeist
05-17-2005, 09:16 PM
WOW.

That was by far the BEST Idol show ever! This top three is brilliant- each and every one of them. Tonight is like a finale in itself...

Vonzell was amazing, as usual. Her first song was a little off, but she brought it back with her second and third numbers. As great as she was, I don't know if she's done quite enough to make it to the final two.

Carrie was incredible tonight as well! Each one of her songs reflected the artist she is inside perfectly- she proved she has soul, heart, attitude, and the voice to back it all up. I'm thinking she'll be in the finals, but it could be Vonzell too.

The night belonged to BO! Each and every one of his performances cast a light on his inner brilliance as a singer and artist. His soulful, husky first number and his final rocking-dancing-awesome "Satisfaction" showed that he belongs in the finale easy.

Then there was his second song... a true display of bravery and brilliance. What has never been attempted before has now been perfected in its first showing... it just left me speechless. It was so pure... it made Carrie's following number seem like the band was a gimmick. I mean, wow. I want to download that and hear it again; it's probably not as incredible as I remembered, but still, you've got to give him props.

I'm thinking a Bo-Carrie finale. Easily.

(Oh yeah, the selections I heard for contestants' pick song choices were wrong, sorry!)

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Round 3 goes to Bo.

Final 2: Bo & Carrie.

2005 American Idol: Bo.

leeloo1953
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I agree, at least I hope Bo has it. Yeah, you young people he actually knows how to please us older rock and rollers!! For his age, and the music he knows, he is the older generations idol. He got older people voting!!

Go Bo!!!

Wes
05-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Forgive the pun but Bo Rocked tonight1!!1!!

This was his best performance tonight and as a "total package" he blew the other two out of the water.

Both ladies did well tonight, it's just that Bo did better IMO lol

Italian Job here I come...

coasterdude28
05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
They all did very well tonight. I see Carrie going tomorrow but I like them all. Bo is going to win.

Godsentone
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I see the outcome I predicted may happen after all. I know all will make a great album though.

Montu Man
05-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Vonzell got booted. At least she's not sobbing.

coasterdude28
05-18-2005, 09:41 PM
She will definately be getting a record deal. She was a better singer than Carrie but but they are both very good. It had to be one of them and she was the unlucky one.

SheiKra
05-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Darn it! I cant believe Baby V is gone! She was the BIGGEST thing Fort Myers has seen ever (besides hurricane Charley). It was nice because last friday she came home and got the key to the city by Mayor Jim Humphrey and she sang a few songs and wrote a few autographs, I got one. I hope that she will be back for the Last show next week too. Man though, she went out awesome tonight and held about 5 notes for the longest time. I'll miss her, and even though I'm a rock type of person, I'll support her and buy one of her albums. She deserved this more than ANYBODY else on that show. Good luck Vonzell!

Bencerisback
05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
i didnt even vote last night becasue the decision was so tough, i was thinking that carrie was going to end up going, but i wish they could all three have won.....or make that all four with constantaine :( .

Carowinds 73-03
05-19-2005, 02:24 AM
Can't wait till next week. An awsome final 2.

Either way i'm pretty sure everyone in the top 5 (except Scott) Will get recording contracts so in reality there really is no winner. The winner is who sells the most albums imo.

Godsentone
05-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I know that Baby V has mixed emotions-slightly disappointed, but extremely relieved. Those young people go through so much on that show. I am sure she will make it BIG still. God Bless her and her family!

leeloo1953
05-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Go Bo!! In the current issue of TV Guide Magazine they have a great article about AI. It's all about the last five. They have to print things in advance and not give away anything, so the article ended with Scott getting the goodbye.

The article is really good, you won't find the whole article on the TV Guide website though, they want you to buy their magazine for the good stuff.

Anyway, here's a quote from Scott, a couple of days before he got the boot. "I'm told I'll probably have a record in the stores by December." He didn't say who told him that.

Another thing, and I think this is great, the hair person put Bo's hair in braids (thinking Willie Nelson), Bo walked around for an hour or so and took the braids out, saying that's not me!! He was right about that!! It's really a great article if any of you can pick up a copy of the May 22-28 TV Guide.

In the article, Carrie says she thinks of Bo as a big brother to her. Gonna be a good finale. But I think Bo has it wrapped up.

Carowinds 73-03
05-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks Leeloo. I'll make sure to pick up a copy tomorrow.

Godsentone
05-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Yeah, Another Bama Boi! I'm telling you guys, we here in 'Bama have talent.

Carowinds 73-03
05-20-2005, 08:37 PM
You could say the same for North Carolina. Clay & Fantasia.

leeloo1953
05-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Clay yes, Fantasia, I don't like her at all. But for you Bama people, you have the good guy this time, I had two favorites from the first auditions...Bo and Constitine, lost one, but the other one is gonna win it.

I live in Ohio, and I still don't understand how Scott made it as far as he did. Oh well.

Go Bo!!! Carrie needs to try out for that Nashville Star (or whatever it's called) reality show. She would be great in that competion.

Godsentone
05-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Yeah Carrie would be good in that competition, but since she is in AI, she will make it BIG no matter what.

xbadx1233
05-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I think this thing is rigged, some websites say paula has rigged it for carrie, other websites say it is rigged for bo because they are trying to even the sexes of the winners, i.e season 1, female,
season 2, male
season 3, female
if it's bo that wins, this is probably the case

Valpengeist
05-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Nope, nope. No conspiracies.

Whether you'd like to believe it or not, despite every controversy: early exits, voting mishaps, contestant scandals, late departures, and awful rumors... be honest with youself and realize that the best singer always wins. From Kelly, to Ruben, to Fantasia- each of these winners has been blessed with a vocal gift and an all-around package that America couldn't help but vote for.

The best singer always wins. Remember that.

xbadx1233
05-23-2005, 01:30 PM
^I'm not saying that they don't have talent, i'm just saying that the shows most likely rigged in some way

coasterdude28
05-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I am not saying that it is rigged, but to go with what RJ said:

Season 1: Caucasion Female
Season 2: African American Male
Season 3: African American Female
Season 4: Caucasion Male (Bo Bice)

I am not saying it is rigged, maybe just a coincidence.

Carowinds 73-03
05-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Basically there were 2 winners in season 2. Ruban & Clay.

I consider both of them winning since Clive Davis said he would sign them both to contracts and the contract is what the winner gets.

Real
05-23-2005, 08:34 PM
And sadly, not a single one of them have gone on to be "stars" in any right. They make music, but very low key. I dont see them on billboards nor do I see them on the charts.

Its just a gimmicky tv show used to garner tv ratings. Any one of these contestants, if they want a REAL contract and a REAL career need to do it the old fashioned way. Whoever the kid was that quit back awhile ago in the middle while doing well, he made the right choice. Apparently he got a deal with a big company. One major slap in the face for Idol, one giant leap for smart people.

Valpengeist
05-24-2005, 05:01 PM
^ Actually, I strongly disagree at least on Kelly Clarkson's part. She's everywhere- her songs are constantly on the radio, in movies, and she's had a successful concert run.

Now, Ruben and Fantasia aren't as well known. Ruben has basically been unheard of in at least a year, but Fantasia is just reaching a different audience. The black community is especially embracing her, considering her win at the Spirit Awards (pretty much the main awards for African American achievement) as Female Vocalist of the Year, and I think she has just been nominated for BET's Female Singer of the Year. She'll be sticking around...

Now, I can see both Bo and Carrie being very successful, mainly because they know exactly what kind of album they want to produce, and their song selections have proved that point. (Bo: Time in a Bottle, Vehicle, In a Dream; Carrie: Independence Day, Man I Feel Like a Woman, etc.)

For example, Ruben won AI2 singing songs like "A Whole new World," "Sweet Home Alabama," and "Flying Without Wings." Then he comes up with an album of stuff like "Sorry 2004." Sorry, but if he sang that song on American Idol, he'd probably get kicked off the very next week for poor song choice. America votes for what they see on the show, not as much for what album these contestants will produce.

Okay, I've rambled enough. Looks like a great show tonight!

Oh, I forgot; I found tonight's song choices:

Bo: Vehicle; Long, Long Road (Bo's AI Single); Inside Your Heaven (AI Single)

Carrie: Independence Day; Angels Brought Me Here (Carrie's AI Single); Inside Your Heaven (AI Single)

Carowinds 73-03
05-24-2005, 07:44 PM
I can't wait for the show to begin. I want Carrie to win but think Bo will.

EDIT: Ok that first song by Bo was really bad. The performance was ok but the song was just very bad. Not a good start for him.

Valpengeist
05-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Well, tonight was a draw.

A very, very, very good draw, but still, neither particularly outshined the other.

Round One went to Carrie, easily.

Round Two went to Bo, easily again.

Round Three... the deciding round...

Pretty much a draw. It's obvious that Simon wants Carrie, Paula wants Bo, and Randy seems pretty even.

So... what am I basing my votes on?
(a) Previous Performances- who has, on the whole, been better throughout the competition, and
(b) "Inside Your Heaven"- the AI single that both sang- who sang it better?

I think the answer to both of those is...

Bo Bice. Barely.

These two singers' styles are SO different, it's quite hard to compare them. On the AI single, Carrie made it sound like a Faith Hill song, while Bo made it seem like a soulful southern rock ballad. It's all coming down to personal preference- much like Ruben vs. Clay. I'm sending my votes Bo's way (I've gotten in three so far), as is my mom. My dad is a strong Carrie supporter.

Wow- tomorrow night is going to be one heck of a finale!

Andy Hodgson
05-24-2005, 10:20 PM
I've never watched the show but that Carrie girl is quite a looker, so if I was going to vote, I would vote for her.

Dan G
05-25-2005, 12:02 AM
^ Yeah I have to agree, tonight was probably the only time I've watched the show besides the first couple episodes because you can't miss those. But yeah, that Carrie girl is a pretty girl and can sing really well. I would definetly vote for her because Bo just don't really fit in with the whole singing persona. I think he's the type of guy that just needs to stick to the hard rock.

If I had a choice to decide who won, I'd definetly pick Carrie.

Griswold
05-25-2005, 12:43 AM
I wanna vote for Bo, but are all the alternative rockers gonna buy a cd from a guy who won on American Idol? Not bloody likely.

Carowinds 73-03
05-25-2005, 05:32 AM
I thought neither performer did well last night. The finale has always been the show where ther final 2 sing their best songs but this year i personally didn't like the songs not the performances. Bo & Carrie were just average last night.

Between me & my mom we got in about 150 votes for carrie last night.

Wes
05-25-2005, 08:09 AM
^^ I am not speaking to you ever again ;) (voting for Carrie)

I tried to vote for Bo but the line was busy the whole time.

I couldn't really hear that well what the songs sounded like last night because I was over at my brothers house and they talk very loudly!!! lol

CoasterKid23
05-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Well folks, it's all over but the crying... Congratulations to
Carrie Underwood

I must say this has to be the biggest shocker in the show's history...I haven't watched in like 3 weeks, but still I figured Bo winning was a given. Not like it'll matter much, both get recording contracts. I'll call it now - Bo Bice becomes more successful than Clay Aiken. But for the time being, congrats, Carrie.

Valpengeist
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
WOW, I can't say I'm not surprised! I thought Bo had this in the bag- virtually every online poll had him up by at least 15%, he's gotten tons of endorsements from previous Idols (Fantasia, Jasmine), celebrities (the ones on the show tonight), and even Clive Davis!....

...But Simon's always right, and even though I didn't think I'd think this way...

I'm proud of Carrie, and I think she'll be a suitable American Idol.

Did you guys catch the mock-expose' about Simon? Funniest thing all season! Go, Fox, Go! Go, Fox, Go!

My mom's telling me I should try out next season... ha ha. I've really thought about it- hm, it would be fun, just to mess around... but I'm thinking... hmm...

RLLrCoastrLover
05-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah!! Go Oklahoma!!

coasterdude28
05-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Well, Bo should have won but Carrie is a very good singer. I just hope it doesn't get to her head. Bo will probably be the next Clay Aiken where he becomes more popular than the winner.

RLLrCoastrLover
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
^That is exacally what I think will happen.

Wes
05-25-2005, 10:50 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I wanted Bo to win. :sadface: LOL.

I think his "look" hurt him, it was funny listening to my family talk about him last night.

Oh well, he'll do just fine on his own.

Andy Hodgson
05-25-2005, 11:20 PM
All you guys said that you thought this Bo guy was going to win.

I saw two episodes the whole season. The first "final 12" episode I think it was and the finale. After the first Final 12 episode, I picked Bo and Carrie in my final and Carrie winning, just off of that night alone.

Maybe because I didn't get caught up in the whole whirlwind that is American Idol, and just did what the average American watcher would do (maybe vote and watch one or two episodes), it was easier for me to pick who I thought would win. I thought Bo stood no chance. You can tell who is going to win the competition, and more specifically who will be in the final 2 after just one or two episodes.

RllrCoasterFan
05-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Finally! Someone from Oklahoma is winning and in a national tv show like American Idol. Now, I don't watch the show and don't really care for her because she'll turn into another country singer from OK, which when you live here and don't listen to country, is getting old. But, she won and is from OK, so I am happy for her. I hadn't watched until tonight and just found out that some from Oklahoma was in the show, let alone the final two. Like I said, don't watch the show and had been waiting for Alias's season finally. So watched American Idol for a change.

Carowinds 73-03
05-26-2005, 02:15 AM
Big congrats to carrie. She so deserved to win. I just went crazy when they announced the winner, i could not have been happier. I think i even cried a little with her.
Look foward to her single june 14th and he long awaited CD.
2 years in a row and someone i wanted to win won.

Godsentone
05-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I have to say that I was baffled that Bo didn't win, even though I thought Carrie had the better voice, I still felt Bo was the better performer. Like Simon and the rest of the panel always point out though, it is a singing competition. Both deserved to win, but I am glad for both and their future careers.

Bencerisback
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Finally! Someone from Oklahoma is winning and in a national tv show like American Idol.

yeah lucky you, nebraskas best was some chantelle girl from american juniors (terrible show), she wasnt bad or anything, never was in the bottom, but didnt even make the band - i hear she deserted nebraska and went for hollywood

am i happy with the turnout of american idol, no - carrie is too country and constantaine should have won, bo was alright but constantaine was much better (i wont get over that), i didnt like carrie's single either - it was too slow, i hope they make good music unlike every other idol (except kelly clarkson, shes pretty good you have to admit)

Wes
05-27-2005, 04:24 AM
I thought it told a lot about how most idol fans felt when I saw that 64% of those that visited idolonfox.com said they were looking forward to seeing Constantine the most on the finale.

I have never seen anyone in a long time know how to use the camera as much as Constantine. He's such a natural. I on the other hand look like deer in headlights on film. lol

Valpengeist
05-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Check this out... (look at page one and two)

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/bestsellers_cds2.asp?PID=3951&userid=YS4TcwXBec&cds2Pid=7856

Hmm, someone's pulling a Clay...

Carowinds 73-03
05-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Well they told everyone that Bo & carrie's singles would be out June 12th i think.

Valpengeist
05-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Carrie's single comes out Tuesday, June 14, while Bo's will come out a week or two later.

It's funny though how much Bo was leading in online polls, finale crowd participation, and now in pre-sales... hmm...

But I'm thinking they'll both do very well. I'll probably buy both of their singles.

Wes
01-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Well it's that time of year again.

AI starts up again next Tuesday the 17th.

There have been a few funny commercials so far, I'm looking forward to the crazyness of the first couple shows.

I didn't know they came to Greensboro, NC this year! I can't believe the local news media didn't say anything.

slipknot8527
01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Oooooooh boy....another season already?!

Wes
01-10-2006, 02:48 PM
You know you're a closet AI lover.

Carowinds 73-03
01-10-2006, 03:58 PM
SWEET!!!!!! It's time to bring back this thread.

I'm very excited the show starts next week. Looks like it could be an awesome year and remeber if my friend Ronnie makes it to Hollywood vote for him.

3 of the 5 years i have had friends on the show and two of them made it to Hollywood but was cut shortly after. Hopefully this year my friend will have better luck then the other 2 had.

Carowinds 73-03
01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Just a friendly reminder AI starts tomorrow night. I'm very excited and hope this is the best year ever like Simon stated.

Hope my record continues of picking the winner this year.

Bencerisback
01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Wow....now that I think about it I can't believe I ever watched this show...Hopefully whoever wins this season is actually good.

Wes
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Hmm... I don't know what you mean. The past years winners have all been good singers. To each his own I guess.

Tonight was pretty funny, but not the best. I can't believe that guy came back for the 3rd time and he was still terrible.

And that girl that was 17 and tanned to death? What is wrong with her mother?

There were a few promising singers, it will be interesting to see how they do in Greensboro next week or whenever they show that stop.

Valpengeist
01-17-2006, 10:50 PM
What a promising start to the season...

I liked:
1) The big black girl with one name (Paula was right- Frenchie flashbacks...)
2) The first set of twins, the black guy on the left- I think he was Terrell
3) Both of the 17-year-old guys that came through

It's AI season...

SFOT Source
01-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, with your first selection, it was the root of the joke, "Do we have a bigger stage this year?" That was great!

Carowinds 73-03
01-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Im shocked they let that one crazy guy through that was towards the end of the show. I think they put him through to be funny cause he'll be cut right away but still why?

Wes
01-18-2006, 08:09 AM
^ I know i was thinking the same thing. Simon said it best: "have you lost your minds?"

Funny thing is vocally he reminds me of the lead singer for Coldplay.

Ryan F
01-18-2006, 11:08 AM
I watched about half the show last night. I thought it was awesome how Simon was cutting up so many people. The best was by far the first guy who got the second chance but was still laughed at on the street.

Valpengeist
01-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Ok, I got the names of the ones I liked the best... let's see if...

1) Mandisa,
2) Terrell Brittenum, and
3) Zachary Smits

... can make it in the competition! (especially Mandisa)

VekomahangNbang
01-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow....now that I think about it I can't believe I ever watched this show...Hopefully whoever wins this season is actually good.

Are you kidding? All the Idols could sing, especally Fantasa and Kelly. EDIT: They could still sing though.

I thought it was a good start. As always, the editing was very good. My favorites so far would have to be the two sets of black twins. They were both excellent singers and entertainers.

Bencerisback
01-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Kelly Clarkson is the only one to be successful, the other people haven't done so well, except Clay Aiken and his one single that did well, but then again Clay did not win.

Ryan F
01-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Actually, I've seen Carrie Underwood videos on TV, so she seems to be starting out pretty good.

Montu Man
01-18-2006, 09:01 PM
That Zach "guy" just cracked me up. He could become the next William Hung. "I think I did awesome" just about summed up how confused he is.

I only watch this show during the auditions. After that it is dreadfully boring.

Cuddy
01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm not going to waste sleep mulling over American Idiot, er Idol, but if I catch an episode here or there, I'll consider it an accomplishment.

coasterdude28
01-18-2006, 10:06 PM
I love the auditions. Both last night and tonight's episodes were good. They do have a very entertaining show, for the first half os the season. For the second half, it is only entertaining to those who like music and whatnot.

Wes
01-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Tonight was pretty good. I am still amazed at how stupid people can be.

Oh, I've never tried to sing before but I think I can automatically!

The cowboy had a great voice. He was like Clay Aiken, where's that voice coming from? It can't be him! He looked like he was 12!

Oh and we've got 2 more from NC in AI this year! The rocker guy was one of them. I find it funny they went to Denver and AI ended up going to Greensboro, NC this year. I think it was because they were originially going to go to New Orleans, but we know what happened there.

One of my co-workers knows someone that got on the show, but they didn't know how far they got because they cant' tell until the show airs.

Carowinds 73-03
01-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Make that 3 from NC. My firend Ronnie will hopefully be shown on TV next tue in Greensboro. He did make it to Hollywood.

Ryan F
01-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, we knew it would happen sooner or later...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060119/ap_on_en_tv/idol_twins
the first controveresy of the AI season

Wes
01-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I wonder if they will be kicked off the show. If they kicked Frenchie off they should kick them off.

Carowinds 73-03
01-19-2006, 10:25 PM
It happens every year. You get hundreds of thousands of people to the show someone is bound to have a record. It's not very suprising, i was just waiting for something to come along.

Well if their in jail now or going to be i'm sure their off the show. There still off the show regardless for not discloseing the info beforehand.

Frenchie would have been alowed to stay if she was upfront about her past before the show started.

Wes
01-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I don't know if I can show my face on here again after tonight.

I was sitting there watching footage from Greensboro, NC thinking "I hope someone from Charlotte made it on the show".

Oh my goodness.

The most psycho girl ever was on tonight and she was from Charlotte! Ronetta or something like that. That girl needs some downers or something. Drama queen is not even the right term. Man!

Thankfully there were a few good ones from my home state. The girl from Albemarle, NC (about 1 hour east of Charlotte) was really good and a few others were as well. She was probably my favorite of the night.

The funniest thing (besides Ronetta) was when that guy said he had been taking lessons off of the Paula Abdul DVD!!! I though Simon was going to explode with joy.

Valpengeist
01-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, overall, not a very good show... but

WOW!

Paris Bennett is amazing... I don't like picking early favorites, but she was simply phenomenal- and only 17 years old! Wow, wow, wow. Okay, I need to stop. I don't pick early favorites; I refuse...

Kellie Pickler was pretty good too; she's got a great personality and back story.

But everything else was just... meh. The Clint Black-esque guy was good, and a couple of the black ladies were good too. But Paris and Kellie stick out to me the most.

Wes
01-25-2006, 02:55 PM
From charlotte.com (The Charlotte Observer)

Posted on Wed, Jan. 25, 2006
In Greensboro, 'Idol' finds few gems, much roughAlbemarle's Pickler draws praise as she, others get nod to go onMARK WASHBURNmwashburn@charlotteobserver.com
'Idol' develops a mean streak Viewers watching the opening minutes of the Greensboro audition Tuesday night on "American Idol" may have been reminded of the last calamity to befall the Carolinas: Sunday's Panthers game.

It was an assault of sound, brutal to watch. First came Sabrina Oakley, 26, of Greensboro, who invited Simon Cowell to hit on her. Believe it or not, things went downhill from there. "You're more `Jerry Springer' than `American Idol,' " Cowell said. Which was kind.

Next was "shower singer" Cachet Robinson, 25, of Fayetteville, who was, well, all over the scales.
Amanda McManaway, 28, of High Point tried "Over the Rainbow." She underwhelmed.

Then came Kellie Pickler, 19, of Albemarle, a roller-skate waitress with a mane of blond hair.
Her backstory: Lives with her grandfather, Clyde Pickler, because her mother left when she was 2. "My father has been in and out of prison pretty much my whole life," she says.
Pickler let loose with Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" and there was no doubt.
Paula Abdul: "You're infectious."

After Pickler left in tears with a ticket to Hollywood, the often-piercing Cowell had an unusual behind-the-back aside: "That's a nice girl. That's someone I'd like to do well."
Pickler is known to Charlotte audiences for her country singing in "Gimme the Mike! Charlotte" last year on WSOC (Channel 9) in which she advanced to the finals.
Television's No. 1 ratings leader, "American Idol" drew 71 million viewers last week as it kicked off Season 5.
Among others getting the green lights to Hollywood were Halicia Thompson, 27, of Eden with a gospel verve; Kendra Winston, 24, of Greensboro, who says she got her life on the straight path after growing up in 42 foster homes; and Jeffrey "Ryan" Baysden, 27, of Salter Path.
High school art teacher Richard Garland of Rutherford County showed up with his ventriloquist's dummy to show the judges (his wife says the producers put him up to it) but his solo didn't sell. Said Randy Jackson: "I quite enjoyed the dummy. Yes to the dummy, no to him."
Cowell tried to comfort Garland.
"There's nothing wrong with working with a dummy," he said, inclining his head toward Abdul.

Viewers watching the opening minutes of the Greensboro audition Tuesday night on "American Idol" may have been reminded of the last calamity to befall the Carolinas: Sunday's Panthers game.

LOL! ^

Coaster Nana
01-25-2006, 05:05 PM
The only thing that would help Ronetta is a total lobotomy!

Carowinds 73-03
01-25-2006, 05:28 PM
^ LOL, what was she thinking. I really have no words about that poor girl. On a sad note they didn't even show my friend but i was expecting it. They show mainly people who are bad a very few peopel who made it to Hollywood.

San Fran tonight, i'm sure we'll see some intresting people.

Wes
01-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Last night on the 10:00 Fox News in Charlotte they interviewed her.

She is so dillusional. She was saying that she had a right to act crazy because Paula had said something mean to her that wasn't shown on the show.

Even if that was the case, she had no right to act like an idiot.

She is without a doubt one of the worst dressed women I've ever seen.

Carowinds 73-03
02-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Is tomorrow the last day of auditions. Just wanthing to get this show going i guess. I don'k know, it just seems this years auditions have been kinda boaring but still good to watch.

I just was to get the Hollywood park started so just wondering if thay have anymore cities to visit after TX tomorrow.

VekomahangNbang
02-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Texas should be fun with all the hillbillies and such.

Wes
02-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Last night wasn't nearly as funny as Greensboro.

That last guy looked really old, but I know that the gray hair thing is real and I've known one person to go gray in her late 20's.

He reminded me a lot of Joe Cocker even before they said his name (Joe's).

Wes
02-02-2006, 09:47 AM
After last night I'm beginning to wonder if there is any talent left out there.

Only 18 people in Austin out of thousands? Sad.

I thought for sure Vegas would have a lot of people from the entertainment segment get through, but apprantley not as they didn't have many get through either.

I wonder if this will be Simon's last year, he's said twice already "I don't know if I can do this anymore".

I can't see the show staying around a lot longer. Maybe 2 more years and then they'll start having to go to another country to find anyone decent. lol

Zagreus
02-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Simon signed a 5 year contract extension if I remember correctly. So, he's going to be around for a while.

Now, if FOX Edge would just leave Rhonetta alone. Her fifteen minutes was up a long time ago.

Carowinds 73-03
02-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I am so sick of her, I don't now why they keep bringing her on the news. Let it go.... please.

Anyway, another boaring auditions show. Most of them have been pretty boaring this year with the exception of the first one & Greensboro.

Let's get the show on the road already, Just thankfull only one more city then it's on to Hollywood Wed night.

James R
02-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Texas should be fun with all the hillbillies and such.

Hah. Wow.

Did you see very many hillbillies? I didn't. Just a lot of people who tried to sing. ;)

Wes
02-03-2006, 07:47 AM
^ don't feel bad. He probably thinks everyone in North Carolina is a redneck and watches NASCAR constantly.

Valpengeist
02-03-2006, 06:38 PM
^ But you do, don't you...?

;)

Austin was a little underwhelming; my classmates and I were disappointed Texas didn't have a better showing! Still, Jason Horn (funeral director) looks like he may have a shot, and I actually liked Ashley Jackson (the hot blonde).

However, judging by the previews, Boston looks like a good audition city; there's supposedly a lot of talent there.

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2006, 07:42 AM
It would be nicer if they wen't to different cities every year and not some of the same ones year after year. I was shocked to hear only 11 people from Houston made it through.

Valpengeist
02-08-2006, 11:58 PM
With all the judges' hype of this season having the most talent yet, I must say I was fairly (ok, very) excited come the first audition episode. However, after seven cities, I was far from impressed. Only three or four truly impressed me (Paris, Mandisa... erm, Cowboy guy... that's about it). I was really hoping tonight's first Hollywood episode would prove me wrong...

WOW. The judges were right!

I don't know if I've ever seen such an outstanding hollywood/audition episode throughout all seasons. Talent that just surfaced on the radar in the auditions was out for all to see in tonight's episode... wow, I'm just shocked at how good they all were- how good this season should be!

Standouts from tonight (many of them!):

Katharine McPhee- she was just okay for me in the auditions, but WOW! She was incredible tonight!
Paris Bennett- the talent returns... not as good as her audition, but still, very impressive.
Mandisa Hundley- okay, mix Frenchie and Jennifer with the class of LaToya and Tamyra and you've got Mandisa. I like her. A lot.
Chris Daughtry- I thought he had just an average audition. But wow, he's pretty awesome! (dare I say better than Bo? I think I do)
Ace Young- sure, he's a little boy-band-ish, and he's TOTALLY got the Constantine thing going on, but he's actually got a great voice.
Lisa Tucker- the 16-year-old powerhouse. Mix Diana and LaToya, and you've got Lisa. I'm just thinking she may be too young...
Taylor Hicks- man, this guy's got SOUL! I think he'll go very far in this competition...
Patrick Hall- not shown in the auditions, this guy can sing... great, great tenor voice; maybe the next Clay? (well, maybe not...)

And... was I the only one annoyed by the Brittenum twins? (weren't they arrested and disqualified anyway?...) And, am I the only one who really is NOT impressed with Kellie Pickler?

Wes
02-09-2006, 07:53 AM
My music director at church has a daughter that tried out in Washington and she didn't even get past the first round (the one that you go through before you get to Paula, Randy and Simon).

She said there was all kinds of talent in her group but they didn't let any of them through.

Which begs the questions, what are they looking for?

If it's not talent, then what.

I have personally been underwhelmed this year, even including last night.

Carowinds 73-03
02-09-2006, 08:46 AM
I agree. By the looks of it so far this season has not been up to par with seasons past. I think it will get better once we get down to the final 24 & 12.

Zagreus
02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
I am assuming that the funeal director guy made it through. He was one that I was keeping my eye on.

Funny thing is my musical taste differs the judges. Some of the ones they really harp on, I have to use for. Taylor Hicks. I just don't like him. I get the whole vibe with him. But, I just don't care for it. I didn't care much for Paris the first time but I paid more attention and liked her last night. Its a good thing I'm not a judge. I'd be worse than Simon.

I'm so glad the egotistical two (RJ and the other one) didn't go through but we're still stuck with the Twins until they go to AI: Cops. I read last night that they actually got offered a recording contract with an Atlanta recording company.

Wes
02-09-2006, 10:59 AM
^ What?!? They sucked last night. I guess you have to have a 'record' these days to cut a record. lol

Wes
02-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes! The twins are gone! One of them is in jail. yeah!

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

There's the final 24.

Nice to see 4 people from NC in there. :)

Carowinds 73-03
02-16-2006, 09:48 AM
I think they picked the prefect 24. Those are the exact people i would have picked so it should get very exciting once the real compitition and voteing starts.

Thats awesome 4 people from NC made it and i can assure you i'll be voteing for them all.

Zagreus
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Actually, I think this group is pretty boring. To me, there's no real stand out and everybody seems to blend in, especially the girls. We'll see how the next few weeks go. Its time for everybody to set up to the plate and try to knock the ball out of the park.

I was totally surprised that Kevin Covais got through. I am so tired of Taylor Hicks. I was hoping he'd have swallowed that harmonica when he was going to meet the Three. Pickler, my personal fave, really changed her looks last night. I didn't even recognize her.

My favourite part of the whole show was when they address the Twins. I loved how they repeated all their comments about how they were explemary, etc and how they were true to the spirit of AI. Then, they showed the newscast about their legal problems. Couldn't happen to a nicer set of guys. Hope they get a real humbling in the pen.

Wes
02-16-2006, 10:01 AM
^ Agreed.

There really haven't been that many that blew me away this year.

I'm pulling for Kelly Pickler as well considering she grew up only about 30 minutes from where I live and has been to my brother's church before in Locust, NC.

Zagreus
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
To me, this bunch represents what's wrong with music today: it all sounds alike and its all too much homogenized. Maybe its because I'm not 21. I've tried to listen to some of it but I just can't tolerate it. I even think Chris Martin sounds like a bad Bono. None of today's music seems to be "fun" either.

Pickler seems more down to earth and doesn't suffer from the diva-ish that some of the more sassier ones exhibit. One scene I really remember and should tell a few of them something was in the earlier auditions. One girl got her ticket to Hollywood and the other girl tried to tell her she wasn't good enough, that she should be going, and wanted to challenge her to a sing off right there. That girl who had just won looked at her holding up the yellow paper, "This is all I need to know I'm good" or something like that. Put her in her place.

Wes
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
^ I remember that.

Pride and arrogance get on my nerves more than anything with these people.

One of the girls that got through last night would have been cut by me based on her whole "I'm a barbie doll and better than you" attitude.

Carowinds 73-03
02-16-2006, 11:19 AM
After looking at the top 24 there are really only about 6 that i really like. 4 girls and 2 guys. Hopefully i picked the final 6.

Wes
02-16-2006, 03:10 PM
I know I'm bad mouthing my own state, but why in the world is Bucky (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/bucky_covington/)in there? I've never heard a good performance from him.

coasterdude28
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, the top 24 is ok. Only a couple stand out for me though.

The ones I like:
Kelly Pickler: She is a good singer and is not arrogant or rude. She is down to earth and I like her for not letting it get to her head. She is also very, very hot which is always nice.

The rest who's names I don't know
Grey Hair guy: Great singer. I love his Ray Charlesness. He really reminds me of Ray when he sings and he has a great voice.

Young kid with glasses: I like him. He is a good singer and to me is the 'underdog'. I hope he does well.

VekomahangNbang
02-16-2006, 05:05 PM
^Also Lisa Tucker. I think she is definatley one of the favorites going in to next week.

I think Taylor Hicks (grey hair) will do good. The general public will like him, plus he's a good singer. Another one you have to watch out for is the big black lady that Simon made fun of at the auditions. She has a very powerful voice.

steel
02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Gah. The girl from my city placed 25th. That's just mean.

Hammy2003
02-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I thank whoever it was who booked the twins. They just got on my nerves. Girly, and dramatic, and just pitiful. Without them, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

I was so afraid that there was gonna be some chain reaction in kissing the judges on the lips. Oh, God. I saw it coming, thank goodness it didn't.

The cocky guy, the one where he kept saying, "You've gotta have IT. Gotta have IT. I mean, IT!!!" I want him gone soon.

It's really sad that some people, I believe, are coasting by on their good looks. It's a singing competition, not a beauty pageant.

OK, enough fuming. It really is a good group, as a whole. I'm excited about this season. I'm gonna go next year, I think. Hope they do auditions in Atlanta next year.

Zagreus
02-16-2006, 11:42 PM
I know I'm bad mouthing my own state, but why in the world is Bucky (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/bucky_covington/)in there? I've never heard a good performance from him.

Bucky is from NC? You know I never even knew he was around until last night. I thought where did that guy come from. I was hoping the funeral director guy would have made it. I rather liked him. It would have been nice to have some decent eye candy on there and they did get rid of the one good cowboy. Darnit.

Go Pickler!

VekomahangNbang
02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Wow! Mandisa really did do well tonight. I didn't see all of it though. Did anyone else do better?

Valpengeist
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
The three best tonight were Katherine, Paris, and Mandisa. They were heads and shoulders above the rest... in fact, at this point, they're the only ones I could see winning the whole thing.

Lisa, Kinnik, Ayla, Kellie, and Melissa were good, but not great... Lisa and Kellie will probably make the finals, and the last spot will go to one of the other three.

Becky wasn't bad, but she wasn't good, either.

Heather, Brenna, and Stevie were just AWFUL. Completely embarrassing for all three of them... wow, if two that go home aren't two of the three above, then... hmmph.

Carowinds 73-03
02-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Awesome show tonight, I think it was wone of the best first shows of the entire run of AI. All the girst were wonderfull except 4-5 of them. It's going to be a very intresting year i think with so much good talent.

I'm looking foward to see what the guys can bring to the competition tomorrow.

James R
02-21-2006, 10:55 PM
An interesting note, is that the guy from The Woodlands, TX, is a friend of my friend. He goes to the same high school that my friend does, and they friends and in the same grade. This high school is in the same ISD that I attend school in... I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow in TV!

Good luck Will!

Zagreus
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Okay, here's Zagreus' rundown for tonight's show.

Mammouthdinga would have been better off belting a real thumper of a song. Some disco powerhouse would have been perfect for her. (Don't Leave me This Way?) The same for Brenna. "Where is my man" by Eartha Kitt would have been the perfect song for her to let her claws down and that attitide to show and would have presented her in a different light.

Katharine McPhee was the overall winner. Paris did exceptional as well as Pickler, who will get better in the coming week. The rest that I have mentioned are just so ordinary and forgetable.

So, Bye Bye Heather and Stevie? Maybe Kinnik, who slaughtered "Get Here" (and those rightly scared stayed away) and Becky close behind with that constipated version of "Because the Night. might join them.

Let's see what the dogpound does tomorrow night.

Wes
02-22-2006, 07:39 AM
It was strange how for the most part the first 5 girls were really good IMO, then the rest were blah until 10 and 12.

If Pickler can get her nerves calmed down she could be a real contender.

89magnumxl200
02-22-2006, 10:17 PM
During tonight's show, was anyone else waiting for Bobby Bennet (the bug guy) to say "Why yEEEees!"?

Wes
02-23-2006, 10:21 AM
^ He was horrible. I don't know why they put him through.

I've come to the conclusion that the producers are now wanting to get a complete spectrum of people and then pick a white/black girl or guy.

Look at this year:

We have a fat guy, fat girl, asian guy, redneck guy, country girl, on and on.

They might as well call this season "Not another teen tv show". lol

I'm glad that the guy from NC (not the red neck guy the other one that sang Bon Jovi) was really good. He even sounded a little like Jon.

I don't know why, but I like the gray haired guy. He's not the best singer, but he's fun and reminds me of old singers like Ray Charles.

Carowinds 73-03
02-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I really like the grey haired guy as well. It's just and a little fun to the competition. I'm sure he won't make the final 5 but i hope it makes it atleast a few more weeks.

Valpengeist
02-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Last night was pretty good... it will be interesting to see how the votes pan out over the next few weeks. I'll separate the guys into several categories based on last night's performances:

THE GREAT:
Chris Daughtry, Elliott Yamin, Taylor Hicks, and Ace Young have all got what it takes to soar into the top twelve. Chris gave in my opinion the best performance on either night, and I would go so far as to say that he's the best rocker this competition has ever seen. Plus, he's very humble, which is good for singers on AI (coughBrennacough). Then we have Elliott... wow, I wasn't expecting the performance he gave us! He may not have much in the looks department, but man, his voice is incredible. Taylor... I think we'll be seeing a long time. His soulful voice, dedication to the music, and throwback-blues style have never been seen on AI, and the good unique ones usually have the best chance of winning. Then we have Ace... he's got the total package- and his voice is actually GOOD! I see him being very versatile, too... his talent and looks will carry him far.

A SURPRISE...
Gedeon McKinney's obnoxious diva-ness in Hollywood immediately turned me off, but he turned in a souful, exciting version of "Shout!" It wasn't the most challenging song, but he gave a great performance, and I think he has the potential to make the top twelve.

...and A LETDOWN:
In Hollywood, Patrick Hall's version of Bread's "If" was one of the best, most chilling vocals I had heard all season; I couldn't wait to see what one of my favorites did. His curious song choice, however ("Come To My Window?"-please!), did not work well for him. I know he has the chops to make the top twelve, and I voted for him, but I'm still worried about his making it past tonight.

THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK:
Kevin Covais and Will Makar, the sixteen-year-olds, both gave decent performances, but not ones to make them be considered "great." While Kevin had a slightly better vocal, he just looks so out of place on the stage and in this competition. An American Idol he is not. Will, on the other hand, had a fairly good vocal, and I think his looks and performance will garner him enough female votes to just possibly squeak him into the top twelve.

a "WHAT THE HECK?":
Jose "Sway" Penala- I can tell he has a good voice, but must he sing it all in falsetto? He's got a great lower register, so I just don't understand his styling. The last note was good, if a little strained, but still... it was just... weird. Simon was right: it was too "pimpy."

THE "GET OFF MY STAGE NOW!s":
Bobby Bennett, Bucky Covington, and David Radford would all be eliminated tonight if it were up to me. Bobby's performance was like a bad impersonation of Horatio Sanz impersonating a Vegas wannabe impersonating Wayne Newton. Wow, it was just horrible. Bucky, on the other hand, had great style, but his screechy, INCREDIBLY OFF-KEY vocal was probably the worst of the night. Then we have David Radford... the crooner. His "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" was just... not good. You can have fun and be serious, but his performance was just awkward and silly. And that last note- AHH! Worst note held by any contestant all week! I have a feeling he'll stick around until next week, go back to crooning, and stay around further past his welcome. Nice kid, though; you could tell he was devastated at the judges' comments.

I rank and grade the contestants:
1) Chris: A
2) Elliott: A-
3) Taylor: A-
4) Ace: B+
5) Gedeon: B
6) Patrick: B-
7) Will: B-
8) Kevin: C+
9) Sway: C
10) David: D+
11) Bobby: F
12) Bucky: F

Tonight I predict Bobby and Bucky head home for the guys, and Heather and Brenna are eliminated from the girls.

Carowinds 73-03
02-24-2006, 12:03 AM
I think the right 2 were voted off tonight.

Wes
02-24-2006, 07:49 AM
^ Dude they voted off 4. did you party too much on your bday. ;)

Bobby was horrible and I'm glad he's gone.

Bucky should have gone instead of Patrick.

Brenna should have gone. Why did anyone in their right mind vote for her??????????????????????? I can't stand her.

Stevie was a good choice to go though. She did not have a pop voice. She should go back to doing opera.

Zagreus
02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
I didn't get to watch the guys part until last night. Then, I watched the results show right afterwards. I can't say that I'm really impressed with the guys either! I'm glad Bobby was the first to go and I agree with Simon's line about Manilow screaming all the way from Vegas. The one guy who did "Queen." Argh. The guy who did "Shout"--that was me you heard screaming. "Sway" was too pimpy. The only good performance I saw was Chris doing Bon Jovi. I'm not that impressed with Taylor Hicks and would love to see him booted off. Elliott has a good voice but I didn't like the song he did. I don't think he's as great as Simon crowed he was.

As for who was voted off, The one girl should have stayed (the right was gone...the one who did the Patti Smith cover. See how much of an impression these people left on me. I can't remember their names.) Bobby is gone. I liked Patrick but not his song choice.

Oh well, another week gone...

Carowinds 73-03
02-24-2006, 05:44 PM
No i missed the last 20 min of the show. I only saw the first two voted off.

Zagreus
02-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, tonight's show is almost history. Brenna needs to leave because of her attitude alone. "Last Chance" indeed. Heather Cox slaughtering Mariah Carey. I think we just found our two to go this week. Paris was okay. Ayla did surprise me in a way. It wasn't bad. Pickler did a decent job. No Last Name Mandisa didn't too bad with the Faith Hill song. Everybody else was really forgettable, even McPhee who I like.

Brenna and Heather. But, we'll see come Thursday.

Valpengeist
02-28-2006, 11:28 PM
^ Paris was "okay?" I thought she was AMAZING- definitely the best performance so far this season, imo. Melissa and Ayla surprised me though, while Katharine disappointed me (although she still has an incredible voice...)

My Rankings for the Night:
1) Paris
2) Ayla
3) Melissa
4) Mandisa
5) Kellie
6) Lisa
7) Katharine
8) Kinnik
9) Brenna
10) Heather

Carowinds 73-03
03-01-2006, 07:44 AM
It looks like everyone agrees that Brenna & Heather were the worst two.

I think those will be the two voted off thursday as well.

Wes
03-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I personally thought Mandisa was the best last night and agree with Simon that when she is "on" that she has the best female voice in the competetion.

Heather was horrible and should go tomorrow with Brenna.

To me though the girls were much better in general last night.

The "song selection" wasn't the best but I thought they sang better.

VekomahangNbang
03-01-2006, 07:55 AM
^Ya, I think Mandisa was the best also, and is definatley the best female. Her voice is so powerful and can sing a wide range. Also, her ability to sing different kinds of music will help her a lot in the finals when the pick the music type.

Zagreus
03-01-2006, 12:11 PM
I was really wasn't blown away by Paris last night. Her whole little taped intro grated on my nerves. It seems she's adapting the whole diva attitude and that's a major turn off for me. She'll probably make it the top 6 females with no problem though.

As much as I like Pickler, her whole fish out of water schtick is getting stale.

VekomahangNbang
03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Here are the girls that stand out to me (in order of how I think they are)

1) Mandisa- Like I said before, she has unbelievable range, personality, she can sing any type of song. Mandisa has it all

2) Lisa Tucker- A very powerful and smooth voice, although last night was not her best

3) Paris- Another one that was not as good this week, but she can entertian very well plus she has the singing to back it up.

Valpengeist
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
So... a fairly average showing from the guys. Not quite up to the level as last week, but still, you can tell there's some great potential with this group.

My rankings for the night:

THE GREAT:
1) Chris... he's the guy, if not the person, to beat at this point...
2) Elliott... this guy's got a voice, man! He could be a darkhorse to win it all...
3) Gedeon... yes, he's strange- like a 50-year-old in a 17-year-old body, but you can't deny he can sang...

THE GOOD:
4) Taylor... this man is all about the soul, but tonight, he was a little shaky...

THE AVERAGE:
5) Ace... he's got a good voice, but he's not picking the songs to properly showcase it; the falsetto was awful to me...
6) Will... Paula was right about him having good tone, but the performance was just a little boring.

THE NOT SO GOOD:
7) Sway... okay, something about him officially creeps me out; sure, he's got a fair voice, but... no...

THE BOTTOM OF THE RUNG:
Tied for Last) Bucky... dude, he started off great, but then he got to the chorus... ACK! AWFUL!!!!
Tied for Last) David... he was back in his comfort zone, but really, he's not that good; his facial expressions are weird, and his high notes are not up to par at all...
Tied for Last) Kevin... you can't help but like the kid, but Simon was right: the voice just isn't there.

Wes
03-02-2006, 07:53 AM
While he's not a great singer, Bucky surprised me last night and actually improved a lot over the previous week.

I like Kevin, but that was horrible last night.

Sway was way off last night as well. What was it Stevie Wonder night or something?

Chris has been awesome the past 2 weeks and he's from my state to boot! He has the whole package, great looks, great voice, and seems like a nice person without any attitude.

Gedeon sounds so much to me like an Otis Redding or something. It's creepy. He was really good last night. He needs to shave that awful looking mustache though. The smile is a little weird to me as well as Simon said last week.

Valpengeist
03-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Well... justice was done tonight!

For the girls, the worst two (from Tuesday night) were sent home: Brenna and Heather. No surprise there... just relief. (Though Heather did sound pretty good after being eliminated...)

For the guys, the two worst in my opinion were not sent home (Bucky and Kevin). However, Sway and David were, and I thought they shouldn't have made the finals anyway (I thought, though, that their fan bases might keep them around for too long)... so yes, I'm happy with the guys' eliminations.

Great elimination night for me... Kevin and Bucky will hopefully leave next week for the guys (maybe Will)... and for the girls, it will probably be Kinnik and Melissa, because I think Paris's, Kellie's, Katharine's, Mandisa's, Lisa's, and Ayla's fan bases are too strong for them to overcome. (But you never know...)

Wes
03-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Best elimination ever! I'm so glad that Brenna is gone!!!!!

Heather was also very stuck up and thought she was a barbie doll so I'm glad she's gone too.

Doesn't surprise me that Kevin was in the bottom 3. If he doesnt' improve and quick he will go soon too.

Valpengeist
03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
It was a much better showing tonight from the ladies than last week... unlike most weeks in AI history, I wouldn't call any of the performances "bad" by any stretch. One thing that I didn't like, however, was how obvious the voting manipulation was... on one hand, Melissa gave a great performance, but Simon told her to pack her bags. On the other end, Kellie's performance was not good at all, but Simon told her he liked her better than Carrie Underwood.

I think it's obvious that Kinnik won't make the top twelve... but as for the other one, I think it should be Ayla or Kellie. However, due to the judges' unnecessary remarks, I think Melissa will head home. I'm still voting for her, though...

Anyways, my rankings for the night:
1) Mandisa- 8.75/10
2) Katharine- 8/10
3) Lisa- 8/10
4) Melissa- 7.75/10
5) Ayla- 7.75/10
6) Paris- 7/10
7) Kellie- 7/10
8) Kinnik- 6.75/10

coasterdude28
03-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I really enjoyed the show tonight. As always, Lisa was amazing. I really liked Mandisa, Katharine and Ayla tonight as well. Kellie was amzing. She performs better every week and she gets hotter every week also. I agreed with the judges tonight. Kinnik and Melissa were the bottom two but they were not bad. Everyone was good tonight.

Wes
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Personally my favorites were Mandisa, Kellie, and Katherine. The rest were ok, but kind of blah.

Zagreus
03-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Even though I'm not a fan of hers, I thought that Lisa was pretty good on her song. I thought Kellie did fine. I just don't like Mandisa. I don't know what it is about her that I don't like. Like last week, I didn't care for Paris or Kinnick. The girl who did the Heart song was borderline. Katherine was okay.

Who's going home? Kinnick and the girl who did the Heart song.

Funny thing...I just found the Queen/Paul Rodgers concert on WTVI. I had heard some audio clips from the tour last year and wasn't impressed. After seeing this, I will admit that its not bad. Maybe seeing it live and having a better sound helped. But, I'll admit. I'm impressed. Rodgers is no Mercury but he did the songs his own way and they worked. Now, if he'd do "Radioactive" from the Firm days....

Carowinds 73-03
03-08-2006, 03:47 PM
I really like Mandisa, Katharine, Lisa & Kelly. I don't think either of those 3 will be voted off anytime soon.

VekomahangNbang
03-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Mandisa is my early pick to win it all. She can sing pretty much anything, she has a very likable personality, plus she has the best voice of both the boys and girls.

Zagreus
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Tonight's show...hmm. I say Kevin is going home. Maybe Will or Bucky will be the other one.

I don't care for Gedeon, Taylor, and Bucky. Chris is probably my favourite of the guys but he sounds like every other singer you'd hear on an alt rock station. Ace is too generic for my tastes. Elliott is probably my second favourite but the Bryan Adams song just didn't fit him. I want to see these guys on disco night.

Paula probably needed a cold shower after tonight's show. The lawyers are probably getting nervous everytime she fawns over one of the guys.

Wes
03-09-2006, 07:54 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MY EYES! IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!! (Referring to Taylor trying to dance).

Dude, he is too white to be acting like Ray Charles. Though I loved his vocals .

I thought Ace's MJackson song was just average at best. Falseto is not that big a deal to me. It says that you can't actually sing high in your natural voice. Not that I've never done it myself, but I wouldn't sing a whole song in falseto.

I think Kevin and Bucky or Will will go tonight.

Gedeon is creepy looking to me, but has a good motown type voice.

Of the guys left I think Chris is the best.

Carowinds 73-03
03-09-2006, 08:49 AM
I see Kevin & Bucky going home. I would like to se will last one more week because he actually has a very good voice, He's just been hiding it so far or he has not found the right song. It Will makes it into the the top 12 he will still be the first ot second voted off.

Valpengeist
03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
*SPOILERS*

WOW... some shockers in the top twelve! I can't believe Gedeon didn't make it... I guess his very strange and cocky attitude did him in. But Bucky made it... man, I hope he gets voted off- FAST. It was sad to see Ayla go... with her tears, and her height... it was just a sad sight. Still, I was very happy for Melissa; she deserves it.

American Idol Five: Top Twelve
Ace Young
Bucky Covington
Chris Daughtry
Elliott Yamin
Katharine McPhee
Kellie Pickler
Kevin Covais
Lisa Tucker
Mandisa
Melissa McGhee
Paris Bennett
Taylor Hicks

Right off the bat, Bucky, Kevin, and Melissa are the underdogs... two will go out quite early, but one will probably stick around and be this year's "Nikki/Josh/Jasmine/Scott." But after that... who knows. It will be a great season, that's for sure.

(Oh... and the first theme is Stevie Wonder? ::yawn:: )

VekomahangNbang
03-09-2006, 10:15 PM
My top 6 are Taylor, Paris, Chris, Kelly, Lisa, and the best one, Mandisa.

Wes
03-10-2006, 07:16 AM
who in their right mind voted for Kevin and Bucky? :rolleyes:

Carowinds 73-03
03-10-2006, 09:20 PM
LOL, The 12 yo & old ladies are voteing for Kevin. Not quite sure who's voteing for Bucky.

Wes
03-11-2006, 05:40 AM
^ The redneck demographic. lol

That's the only thing I can think of.

I know it's bad I'm bashing somone from my home state, but if he doesn't scream pickup truck with a rebel flag on it!!!

And Chris proves that just because you're from NC doesn't mean you're a redneck.

Pickler is country thank goodness, she doesn't seem to be a redneck.

Zagreus
03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Did his twin have the same matching teeth pattern as Bucky?

Wes
03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL. I didn't notice.

But he has the same stringy ugly hair. lol

Valpengeist
03-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's finally the top twelve! After tonight's performances, critiques, and interviews, I can already tell that this is going to be the best season yet-- by far. None of tonight's performances, in my opinion, were terrible... or even bad, surprisingly. However, there were many standouts, so it was quite difficult for me to rank them...

RANKINGS:
1. (tie) Katharine McPhee- this was probably the best vocal of the night. The entire performance was just effortless... she is simply stunning. The only downside?- the dress she was wearing... a little 30-year-old-mom-ish for me.
1. (tie) Taylor Hicks- this was the best actual performance of the night... how could you not smile and respect his crazy, soulful antics and singing?
3. (tie) Paris Bennett- what a little firecracker! She gave an inspired, funky performance that reminded me of Fantasia, whom I think is the best Idol contestant yet... however, maybe the similarities were a little too many... but still, you can't deny that Paris is great in her own right.
3. (tie) Chris Daughtry- yes, a very authentic, rocking performance... better than Bo, I might add. But still... I'm waiting for him to do something amazing; I know he can.
5. Mandisa- she's just great, isn't she? She started off a little rough; her low notes were a little off and she seemed just a bit nervous. But man, when she kicks into gear, she's got it goin' on!
6. Elliott Yamin- this theme fit him like a glove, and he settled right into it. You know, it says a lot for the talent of this year's contestants when a performance as great as this is in the middle of the pack!
7. Lisa Tucker- another great performance. The arrangement was a little monotonous, yes, but she still performed the heck out of it. There were some real moments of greatness, though... just moments.
8. Ace Young- I thought he was better than the "just okay" reaction by the judges. The performance was great, but the vocals were a little off in left field at the beginning... but he pulled it together and gave a good showing.
9. Melissa McGhee- I could tell she was having some vocal health issues. However, she still gave a soulful, honest performance that should keep her in the competition. The thing that worries me, though, is that they kept harping on her for forgetting the words; oh well! It was a good performance nonetheless.
10. Kellie Pickler- she's just about the funniest AI contestant ever... I crack up on everything she says (and I don't think she fakes it). Her performance was great vocally, but the arrangement was in too low of a key and just too boring. I could tell tonight, though, that she really does have a good voice.
11. Bucky Covington- so, it wasn't as bad as a thought it would be. Still, it was just above average. His screechy vocals tend to run off key... and it's just all rather boring to me. Good song choice, though.
12. Kevin Covais- poor Kevin. He may be our next Scott Savol (except Kevin's likeable). His performances are just not as good as anyone else's. He deserves to go home after tonight's showcase.

Who should go home? Kevin, obviously. He seems like a good kid with a good personality, but it's just not enough at this stage. However, for some crazy pre-teens, it is enough, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing him next week.

Who will go home? I'm thinking Bucky; he gave a perfectly average performance, and I'm not sure he has enough of a fan base to get him past average. Joining him in the bottom three will be Melissa and Kevin... maybe Lisa or Elliott. But I'm sticking with the three former contestants.

Wes
03-15-2006, 05:01 AM
My personals favs were Mandisa and Chris.

Katherine was awsome as well. I was sitting there thinking how hard it is to smile all through a song like that and look natural. I sing solos and such in my church and I know it's very hard for me at least.

Taylor had one of his best perfomances yet IMO.

Kevin needs to pack his bags, if it was up to me he would go tonight. That was TERRIBLE!!!! I agree with all that Simon said.

Bucky would be 2nd in line.

Carowinds 73-03
03-15-2006, 08:20 AM
I personally thought everone did a good job but for me the first half of the show was kinda boaring. I think i even dozed off at one point but the last 6-7 singers were wonderfull.

If it were up to me i would agree that either Bucky or Kevin will go tonight.

I think a guy will win this years compitition.

Valpengeist
03-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Last night we said goodbye to Melissa, which really wasn't that big of a surprise. Her great performance was overshadowed by her forgetting her lyrics, and her fan base just wasn't big enough to overcome it.

Joining her in the bottom three were, surprisingly, Ace, and not so surprisingly, Lisa. I think Ace's problem was that he gave an average performance early on in the show, and many viewers probably didn't see or forgot about him. Lisa, however, has Diana Degarmo syndrome: perfect pitch, great vocal talent, but no connection with the audience. However, I don't see either one of these two getting voted off next week.

I tend to think Bucky will be leaving next week, but you really never know. In fact, here's how I predict the eliminations will go: Bucky, Kevin, Lisa, Elliott, Paris, Ace, Mandisa, Katharine, Kellie, Taylor, and Chris (winner). But then again, I'm normally horrible at predictions.

VekomahangNbang
03-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know what the theme is this week?

Wes
03-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I hope Bucky or Kevin (especially Kevin) will go next week.

Nothing personal against them, I just don't think they're very good singers and I wonder how they got this far.

VekomahangNbang
03-16-2006, 11:56 AM
I think the reason a couple of bad people get so far is other major TV channels (NBC,CBS,ABC) get groups together to vote for the worst. I dunno, just a thought.

Carowinds 73-03
03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
I would agree with that. That rumor started last year when Scott; (i think that was his name) who was one of the worst singers in the show made it to the final 4 or 5.

Zagreus
03-16-2006, 04:53 PM
This might answer some of your questions:

www.votefortheworst.com

Right now, they're campaigning for Chicken Little.

Carowinds 73-03
03-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Thats pretty funny. Thanks for the link.

tgrocks
03-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey. Ummm this is kinda off topic but auditions for season 4 of Canadian Idol are being held in a few weeks and I'm thinking of auditioning! I'm Judas in this years production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Jesus Christ Superstar". I love the Idol shows but never considered auditioning but after hearing some great comments from people comming to see the show I might actually do it!

Heres a small clip of me performing... what do you think???

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2LI9ERP

Oh and by the way, the theme this week is "songs from the 50's".
I think Paris will do AMAZING! I'm hoping she sings "Fever".

Wes
03-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Barry Manilow will be the guest this week (because he has a CD out of 50's songs) :rolleyes:.

Carowinds 73-03
03-20-2006, 08:26 AM
I couldn't get the video to load.

Zagreus
03-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Bucky or Lisa gets the boot. Hmmmm.

VekomahangNbang
03-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I like Lisa a lot, I just doin't think she has a big enough fan base.

Carowinds 73-03
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
I agree. Lisa, Ace & Bucky will be in the bottom 3 and i think Bucky will go home tomorrow.

Wes
03-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Bucky or Kevin needs to go.

Bucky was by far the worst this week. And he seems to think he's good!

tgrocks
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Rumor has it that Elliot Yamin will be leaving the competition 2nite! Thats outrageous! If he leaves I'm gonna be majorly pissed. He may not be the best contestant this year but i think he is the best male vocalist this year.

Paris rocked last night! "Fever" has been stuck in my head all day!

Wes
03-22-2006, 04:16 PM
^ Agreed. Elliot has one of the best male voices in the competition. If he just didn't look like a gansta! lol

coasterdude28
03-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I thingk Bucky will go tonight. Lisa is a lot better than Bucky, if it came down to them. In the next few weeks, we will see keving, bucky, Ace leave. I saw an interview ith Simon the other day and he predicted that it will be Taylor, Kellie, and Chris in the top three.

tgrocks
03-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Kellie Pickler is one of the most over-rated contestants to ever be on the show in my opinion... I don't know what it is about her. Everyone thinks shes soooooo likeable and for me... he just seems really fake and annoying...

I think the real contenders this year are:

Paris
Mandisa
Chris
Taylor
Katharine
Elliott

VekomahangNbang
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Last week my family was listening to the radio driving through Atlanta and they said there was this one site who somehow tracks all the calls, busy signals, ect. to find out who is getting out before they announce it. Well, last week they were wrong because they said Lisa was going out, but they were close. Just thought I'd share that.

Carowinds 73-03
03-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I would agree with Simon. I think the final 3 will also be Taylor, Kelly & Chris. I think Kelly will win it all.

VekomahangNbang
03-22-2006, 07:22 PM
^You mean Kellie Pickler? Mandisa's better than her.

tgrocks
03-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Last week my family was listening to the radio driving through Atlanta and they said there was this one site who somehow tracks all the calls, busy signals, ect. to find out who is getting out before they announce it. Well, last week they were wrong because they said Lisa was going out, but they were close. Just thought I'd share that.

http://dialidol.com/

Fremantle (The owners of American Idol and its phone companies) tried to shut them down last week but were unsucessful. Dial Idol is a program that tracks the contestants busy signals and makes a prediction at the end of every voting session on the bottom 3 and the eliminated contestant.

This weeks prediction: Elliott Yamin... :(

The predictions are 85% correct...

Wes
03-22-2006, 10:05 PM
YEAH!!!! CHICKEN LITTLE IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!

Kellie is cute and all and I like the fact that she is from a town near me, but she needs to get over the country bumpkin act.

Unless by some freak thing Mandisa and Chris are booted early, there is no way in the world Pickler will win this thing.

Mandisa can sing rings around her.

Zagreus
03-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I thought it was funny that Kellie didn't know what ballsy meant. Now, that's ballsy.

coasterdude28
03-22-2006, 11:34 PM
I only saw the very end tonight. Who was in the bottom three with Kevin?

I would have liked it better if Bucky went tonight. Hopefully next week.

Carowinds 73-03
03-22-2006, 11:54 PM
I was a little shocked tonight. I thought Bucky would have got the boot since i don't think he's any better than Kevin. Both would have been gone soon anyway so it really dosne't matter. I guess we'll say goodbye to bucky next week.

Kevin, Bucky & Lisa were the bottom 3.

Wes
03-23-2006, 08:22 AM
What is with the judges and Lisa? They keep fawning over her like she is so good.

Now she is "good", but not great IMO.

She's no Mandisa. She reminds me of the show "Fame" for some reason. lol

TheWildThingGuy
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
^you think it's GOOD that Kevin was voted off?? what's with you? Lisa or Bucky would have made A LOT more sense

Carowinds 73-03
03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Kevin was a much better singer than Bucky imo but not Lisa. It's no big deal. All three would have been voted off before the top 6.

Wes
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Kevin just got on my nerves, and IMO Bucky has actually had some good nights of singing.

Compared to Kevin who hasn't sang a decent time except for his audition IMO.

VekomahangNbang
03-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Who cares, neither of them will win.

Valpengeist
03-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Watch Out: Long Post Ahead!

About Kevin Covais...
I just got back today from vacation, so I was pleasantly surprised to see Kevin go home so early. I thought the VFTW/Granny/Girl vote would unfortunately push him through a few more weeks, but I'm glad it's over now. He did have a great personality, and all of his vocals were great in an innocent, choir-boy sort of way, but he was clearly out of his league in this competition. At least he ended on a high note; his version of "When I Fall In Love" was, in my opinion, his best and most honest performance this season. Bucky definitely needs to go next, though, and after that, Lisa should head home.

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Lisa...
Speaking of Lisa, I'm having a hard time understanding this girl. Her first audition, while a little "plastic," was mesmerizing, and for a couple of weeks in the semifinals, she was great. Lately, however, she seems to have lost any connection with the audience at all. How could such a beautiful young lady with such a great voice fall by the wayside? I'm pinning the problem on her youth-- had she given herself another two or three years, I think she would have had the vocal and emotional maturity to be a serious contender in this competition. However, she's here, and at the rate she's going, she'll be lucky to finish 8th. Even though I've never really been a fan of hers, I do respect the talent she has, and I'm not giving up on her potential to be great.

Bucky: Contender or Pretender?
Another item of discussion in my head that I don't understand is the appeal of Bucky Covington. Sure, he's got a great, down-home, southern personality, but does he have the voice to back it up? His performance Tuesday night among the worst I've seen all season-- Stevie Scott, David Radford, Bobby Bennett, out-of-place bad; it was karaoke through and through, and if I didn't hold at least a little hope for him, I would have employed his time on the AI stage for a personal bathroom break. He absolutely deserved his place in the bottom two, so I'm not necessarily complaining, but he must be the contestant leaving next Wednesday night. Seriosuly, do you honestly believe he is capable of doing anything of justifiably winning the competition?

Tuesday Night: Songs of the Fifties!
Now, let me talk about Tuesday night's show. It was easily one of the top five AI performance shows ever, and I don't think it would even be a stretch to call this the best performance show ever. First, the theme of the 1950s was one I have been requesting on the official AI boards for two years now, so I was thrilled to see this year's group take on the great music and musicians of that decade: the birth of rock and roll, Elvis, Patsy Cline, Ella Fitzgerald, Buddy Holly... there was so much potential there, and season five's contestants generally passed with flying colors.

Incredible Talent...
I don't think that anyone could argue against the fact that this year's finalists are the best of any season yet, and they're actually giving us a competition! In season one, the winner was definitely going to be Kelly or Tamyra; in season two, Ruben and Clay led the pack all the way; in the third season, Fantasia was the clear favorite throughout, and last year, there were about four contenders, with Carrie and Bo a step ahead. Although Chris is the general favorite to win at this point, there are six or seven others who have definite potential to take the crown as well.

Preston Ranks The Performances...
Here's how I ranked them, though there definitely could be some shuffling after repeated viewings and listenings:
1) Chris Daughtry: This performance was stunning-- easily the best so far this season, and quite possibly my favorite AI performance ever. Sure, he had a couple of bum notes, but he connected with the song. That connection: being passionate about the lyrics and devoted to the music-- much like what we saw with "Summertime," "A House Is Not A Home." and "In A Dream" (not to mention Paris's "Wind Beneath My Wings" earlier this season, to a lesser extent)-- is what separtates the great from the incredible (to me, of course), and Chris demonstrated its importance tonight. Wow.

2) Katharine McPhee: Man, this girl can sing her tail off! Although I love "connected" performances, there is still a chance for greatness without it (see "Stuff Like That There" and "Bohemian Rhapsody"). This girl has what it takes to win it all... she looks incredible, she sings passionately, and she's got a great personality to boot. I think she's one of the two people who have the best chance to steal the crown away from Chris.

3) Paris Bennett: The jazzy Paris we saw in Greensboro is back! She looked great, she sang incredibly well, and she made the song her own. Some have said it was ridiculous for a 17-year-old to be singing about the "fever" the song speaks of. Who cares- Paris made it her own, and I can still hear it in my head. That's a good thing, especially with how forgetful I am. Wait, the laundry...

4) Mandisa: She. Can. SANG! Man, Mandisa blew the roof off with this performance! She has great musical instincts, and her style tonight was impeccable. She made the perfect song choice, had perfect stage presence, and it was overall one of the greatest show openers ever on AI. The only thing that holds me back with this performance was the ending: if I'm being honest, it sounded like some kind of dying whale. And I hate saying that (Mandisa's my personal favorite), but if she had cleaned up the last 15 seconds, this would have easily been one of the best of the season... or ever.

5) Kellie Pickler: Let me begin by saying that I am sick of people's hateful attitude toward Kellie's personality. Sure, she's a little on the slow side, but that's just who she is-- living in the south myself, I know tons of girls who act just like her... so any complaints that "it's all an act," or "no one is really like that," are completely invalid to me. She's a real person. She's been through a lot. She lives in the south, so she has an accent; some are more extreme than others, just like folks from New York. I get a great kick out of delightful Kellie Pickler, and it's a shame that she seems to be one of the most hated contestants for something she can't seem to help. I'm not saying she should win th competition, but just close your eyes and listen to her performances-- they're really pretty good...

...especially this week, which was her best performance yet. Her vocals weren't as expressive as I would like, and her makeup looked a little clownish, but those are the only things that stick out in my head as "bad." Kellie delivered a great performance that makes me look forward to what she does next week; she's definitely grown since the beginning of the competition.

6) Ace Young: After last week's lackluster performance, Ace decided to decrease the "lack" and increase the "luster." I'm thinking it's going to take an especially bad performance from him to keep the teenage girl vote away... still, you can't deny that he did give a good performance this week. His vocals still tend to run off key every once in a while, but he always recovers quickly. Say what you will, but he really is an outstanding musician... who just needs a little bit of work.

7) Elliott Yamin: His honesty about Manilow was great-- and we really need to be seeing more of his personality, because vocals can only get you so far. Now, his performance was good, but it lacked the extra "oomph" that makes it better than good. Plus, the unusually quiet audience ovation worries me. He needs to really begin to tear it up on stage, because (a): he can, and (b): at this rate, he won't win.

8) Taylor Hicks: This was perhaps the top performance of the night. Note, I just said performance. We all know Taylor can entertain a crowd, and this week's show proved that once again. However, Simon was right: this is a singing competition, and I'd like to see Taylor take on a slower song. He picked a horrible song (only due to its repetitiveness), and it got old after the first 45 seconds. I want to see him to something capturing, quiet, and soulful (in other words, I'd love for him to try to do a "connecting" performance).

9-11(in order): Lisa Tucker, Kevin Covais, Bucky Covington: See above, or just read this: Lisa can't connect because I think she's too young. Kevin gave his best performance yet, but it just wasn't good enough. And Bucky... after that performance, I'm sure there are some karaoke bars that might like to have you make an appearance.

And the show goes on...
Next week is songs of the twentieth century... hopefully it won't be just a week where all the contestants stay in their comfort zones. It's early, but I'm not looking forward to this theme at all. Last year's top six had this same theme, and it was the worst performance show from the whole season (not to mention the worst results, with Constantine leaving). I'll just have to hope for the best-- the contestants have been great so far, so I trust they'll keep on keepin' on.

Wes
03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Ok, is it just me or does Taylor Hicks remind anyone of a gray haired Jake Delhomme? (QB for Carolina Panthers)

It's weird but this is the 2nd time I've thought that.

Elliot was the best of the guys IMO, Chris was great but I do agree he needs to do something besides rock every week. He could really tear up a ballad or two.

I do not agree with Simon about Mandisa. What is "indullgant" about praising God? Please.

tgrocks
03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Well... some radio station in LA interviewed Nigel Lithgo, one of the American Idol producers and he said near the end of the interview that tonights bottom 3 is going to be the most shocking bottom three in the history of the show... :S

coasterdude28
03-29-2006, 05:57 PM
This site (the one that counts the number of busy signals) seems to agree. http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp It has Katheryn McPhee as the lowest. I thought she was great and I can't see her leaving just yet.

tgrocks
03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
As long as Paris, Elliott, Mandisa and Katharine stick around I'll be happy but with the sound of the rumors flying around... I'm not sure they will be...

I honestly think that Ace Young will be leaving the competition tonight... Who do the rest of you think will be leaving???

Wes
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Well... some radio station in LA interviewed Nigel Lithgo, one of the American Idol producers and he said near the end of the interview that tonights bottom 3 is going to be the most shocking bottom three in the history of the show... :S

That was not the most shocking bottom 3 in history. I don't know what he is thinking.

I'm glad that Lisa went, but Bucky should have gone. Bucky even thought so, you could see it on his face.

Coasterman 20
03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
I will have to say bucky should have left before lisa.

coasterdude28
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Bucky definately should have gone before lisa, and he wasn't even in the bottem three. Lisa started off the season great. She did not do as good the last couple of weeks but I still liked her a lot.

VekomahangNbang
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I like Lisa like 10 times better than Bucky.

Dollywood03
03-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Paris is good.. Kind of annoying, but good.. Kellie Pickler needs to go.

Zagreus
03-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I used to like Pickler but to me the whole act is getting old. The same with Taylor. Simon was right that Chris needs to expand his songs,etc. Mandiesel, well, I still don't like her. Let her come down to Earth with the rest of us. I really like Elliott a lot but wish he'd lose the whole soul schtick. Katharine and Elliott are turning into my favouries.

Valpengeist
04-01-2006, 10:16 AM
I missed the show this week, but I downloaded most of the performances... I would have to say that I liked Taylor, Mandisa, and Elliott the best (or, at least, those are the only mp3s I put on my iPod). Paris and Chris were pretty good... Katherine, Ace, and Bucky were okay... I haven't seen Kellie or Lisa.

So, next week, it's country night (yee-haw). Kellie and Bucky will both be in their element, but I think Bucky won't be able to avoid the bottom three anymore. It's got to be he or Ace leaving this week... but anyways, I think most of the contestants will do well, actually. It may be a good night.

The week after that, the top eight will be singing the songs of QUEEN (no, this isn't April Fools; it's on the official site). What a night that will be!

Zagreus
04-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Queen? That's going to be an interesting night for sure! Just keep Taylor from "Radio GaGa." Wonder who'll do "Fat Bottomed Girls?" <eg>

Valpengeist
04-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Yet another dull night... wow, with all the talent of this season, you'd think they'd be doing better. Sure, this week was better than last, but song choice still wasn't very good.

My Top Three (no order): Kellie, Ace, Katherine

Middle Three (no order): Paris, Elliott, Chris

Bottom Three (no order): Taylor, Bucky, Mandisa

I really fear for Mandisa tonight... I'm getting the same feeling I got last year when the night Nadia was eliminated. Watching back, she doesn't deserve to go home, but I still have that feeling. Taylor gave the worst performance we've seen from him yet, and I think a trip to the bottom three would wake up his fans. Bucky, Bucky, Bucky... he wasn't bad this week, but I just wish he would go. I DON'T want to see him attempting a Queen song next week!

Final Prediction:
Bottom Three: Mandisa, Paris, Bucky
Bottom Two: Mandisa, Bucky
Leaving: Mandisa (I-hope-I'm-wrong-I-hope-I'm-wrong-I-hope-I'm-wrong-I-hope-I'm-wrong...not my favorite!- Bucky instead!)

Carowinds 73-03
04-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I don't think Mandisa or Paris will be in the bottom 3. Yes they sucked last night but they don't sing country so i didn't expect them to do much. They should have just called it Bucky & Kelly night.

ACE & Bucky will be the bottom 2.

Wes
04-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Queen? That's going to be an interesting night for sure! Just keep Taylor from "Radio GaGa." Wonder who'll do "Fat Bottomed Girls?" <eg>

QUEEN! Awesome!

Are they going to call on the spirit of Freddie Mercury for interview time... lol ok that was bad.

I love Queen, I hope they don't butcher the songs.

I actually thought Ace did "ok".

tgrocks
04-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Well... My 2 cents:

From Best To Worst:

1. Elliott
2. Katharine
3. Chris
4. Kellie (Even though I can't stand her, she was pretty good last night)
5. Paris
6. Ace
7. Bucky
8. Taylor
9. Mandisa

Now Mandisa, Elliott and Paris are my faves this season... Dialidol, a site that measures the amount of busy signals on a contestants phone line and is 80% accurate at determining the outcome of the final vote predicts this...:

1 Taylor Hicks 37.333 1.72 -
2 Katharine McPhee 28.589 1.836 -
3 Kellie Pickler 28.135 1.842 -
4 Chris Daughtry 26.915 1.857 -
5 Ace Young 23.787 1.897 -
6 Bucky Covington 23.113 1.905 -
7 Paris Bennett 19.035 1.955 -
8 Elliott Yamin 14.184 2.013 -
9 Mandisa 13.177 2.025 -

They have predicted that my fave 3 will be your bottom 3 tonight... :(

That was not the most shocking bottom 3 in history. I don't know what he is thinking.

No kidding. I was like yeah right when I saw the results... I'll never trust him saying that ever again... lol. He probably just said that to get more ratings for the show that night.

Wes
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM
They had Katharine McPhee as the lowest votes last week and the one that was actually kicked off as #5.

So it doesn't sound like they are too acurate.

I can't image Mandisa getting kicked off this early.

I personally thought she was "ok" last night, and certainly not worse than Bucky who I can't stand.

So how do you watch AI in Canada? Is it something that is shown on the local fox stations there?

Also, are they still doing Canadian Idol?

tgrocks
04-05-2006, 04:04 PM
American Idol is aired in many countries. Germany, the UK, Canada, Australia etc.

Yes Canadian Idol Season 4 is in the auditioning process right now. The last audition date is April 28th - 30th in Toronto. I was going to go but I think i'll sudition next year instead.

Yeah. Canadian Idol Season 1 and 3 were the worst idol seasons i've ever seen to date and I watch Australian Idol, New Zeland Idol, Pop Idol (which is now non existant) American Idol and Canadian Idol. But I've got to say that Canadian Idol Season 2 was by far the best idol season i've ever EVER seen!

Theresa Sokyrka
Jacob Hoggard
Kalan Porter

Some of the best talent i've ever seen. None of them are probably know in the US but up here in Canada they are pretty big! All three of them were nominated for Juno's (which are Canadas version of the Grammys)

The winner of that season was Kalan Porter. He looks like a little boy but he's got an awesome voice. He plays the violin amazingly too! He was from Alberta.

The runner up was Theresa Sokyrka. A jazzy, soulful singer from Saskatchewan. She was my fave while the show was being aired, but now, my fave is Jacob Hoggard.

Our 3rd place finisher, Jacob Hoggard. A punk rock type singer... Totally awesome! Didn't dig him in the beginning but man, he grew on me and now, his band, HEDLEY is my fave!!!

Yeah... lol... not sure if anyone of these peeps are known in the USA but check their music out if you got the time... THEY ALL ROCK!!!

http://www.winnipeg.ca/interhom/gallery/Junos/images/HN7O2253.jpg

Our Season 2 Winner, Mr. Kalan Porter

http://www.winnipeg.ca/interhom/gallery/Junos/images/HN7O2262.jpg

Our Runner up, Mrs. Theresa Sokyrka

http://www.geocities.com/top8top9/top9gun.jpg

And the insane, hyperactive, awsome rocker, Mr. Jacob Hoggard...

Sorry if that doesn't interest anyone... i just thought it might... :)

Wes
04-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Nice info. I know nothing of the other shows and it's interesting to hear what's gone on there.

I don't know why buy Canada seems to produce some of the best singers and comedians.

We have a channel called Fox Reality here, I wish they'd show the other countries shows.

That last guy reminds me of Ben Stiller in Zoolander!!! Too funny!

tgrocks
04-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Wow! Listen to this...

http://www.tvweek.com/docs/docs/Idol_4_4_rev.mp3

Nigel Lithgo, Executive Producer of American Idol says near the end of this interview that every year there is a huge shocker in American Idol votes where the media becomes outraged and demands a recount of the votes etc. (ex. La Toya London comming in 4th place and Jennifer Hudson comming in 7th place in season 3)

He says that tonight is that night of American Idol Season 5. He says that it will be all over the papers tomorrow morning... :(

It's rumored to be either Paris or Mandisa...

Valpengeist
04-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I hate being right tonight... :sadface:

God bless you, Mandisa. All of your albums will be in my CD case...

And Bucky wasn't even in the bottom three! WHO VOTES FOR HIM?????? :confused:

:(

coasterdude28
04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
It really bothers me that singers like Mandisa and Lisa are leaving before Bucky. I really liked Mandisa. And, who does vote for Bucky?

JamMasterJ
04-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Mandisa got booted?! That ain't right...how does Bucky manage to stay in this?!

tgrocks
04-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Lol. Kinda weird how two african-americans get the boot in a row eh???

It stinks that my 3 faves Paris, Mandisa and Elliott were in the bottom 3 tonight.... :(

God bless you Mandisa! I'll be buying your albums! Can't wait to see you again at the finale!!!

89magnumxl200
04-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Freddie's rolling over in his grave after some of the performances tonight; mainly Ace and Bucky. I couldn't stand Ace's dead-pan version of "We Will Rock you", which isn't really a singing song anyway. Same with "Fat Bottom Girls", it's just not for Idol, and niether is Bucky. I thought Elliot was the best tonight.

Mustang23
04-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Ace did Suck... I would have like to hear "Don't stop me know" it is one of my favorites

VekomahangNbang
04-11-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm not watching anymore since Mandisa got out. I think she had the most talent out of all of them. I know I would definatley buy her CD.

Zagreus
04-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I actually thought if Freddy had been alive, he'd really have gotten into all this (and maybe even gotten a date with Ryan.)

Wes
04-12-2006, 05:30 AM
As bizare as it is to say, I think Bucky actually did a decent job with Fat bottom girls.

Although that song is not exactly "family friendly" as AI is always trying to say they are.

Ace was actually the worst to me, with Taylor coming up behind him as 2nd worst.

I love Queen and I was pleasantly surprised that most of them did good versions of the songs.

I liked Kelly's Bohemian Rhapsody (which surprised me) Chris' Innuendo (I love that song even though a lot of people don't know it) Eliot's Somebody to love (while one of my favorite Queen songs) was just so-so to me.

I would have loved to hear someone take on Under Pressure, but oh well.

Carowinds 73-03
04-12-2006, 07:41 AM
I too was shocked that most of them did a great job on singing Queen songs. I fugured it would be the worst show yet and it was actually one of the best. I was amazed at how Kellie & Parrie did. I would agree that i thought ACE was the worst last night. He has to get the boot tonight.

Valpengeist
04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Quickly...

My Rankings/Scores:

1) Paris Bennett- "The Show Must Go On"- A-
2) Taylor Hicks- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"- A-
3) Elliott Yamin- "Somebody To Love"- B+
4) Kellie Pickler- "Bohemian Rhapsody"- B+
5) Katherine McPhee- "Who Wants To Live Forever"- B-
6) Chris Daughtry- "Innuendo"- C+
7) Bucky Covington- "Fat Bottom Girls"- C+
8) Ace Young- "We Will Rock You"- C-

Predictions:
Bottom Three: Ace, Bucky, Katherine
Bottom Two: Ace, Bucky
Leaving: Ace

w00dland
04-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Maybe I'm just more critical than most of you guys, but I thought that most of those performances weren't that good at all. I thought that Elliot was by far the best performance of the night followed by Taylor who both sang the songs quite well. I thought that it was good that the artists tried to make the songs theirs, but I didn't think it worked at all. The fact that Kellie actually tried Bohemian Rhapsody was a mistake from the begining because it's damn near impossible to be better than the recording that everybody knows. Queen has such a unique sound that they produce and it's hard to emulate, so I feel for all the people who tried.

Wes
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Bucky is gone... finally!

I like Bucky, don't get me wrong. But he is by far the worst singer left (or not left now).

Oh yeah, Rod Stewart next week. :rolleyes: Do you think I'm sexy?

VekomahangNbang
04-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Heres all the singers that should have gone before Mandisa...

1) Bucky
2) Ace
3) Elliot
4) Katherine
5) Chris (maybe)
6) Paris (maybe)

coasterdude28
04-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Glad to see Buck Go. He was the worst one left. Next week should be interesting.

Valpengeist
04-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Wow! Best show of the season!

I'll probably add more later, but for now...

1) Katharine McPhee- best performance yet this season.
2) Taylor Hicks- what an incredible ending!
3) Chris- understated and beautiful singing.
4) Paris- boring song, but you can't fault her vocals.
5) Elliott- safe song choice, but an awesome performance.
6) Ace- better than usual... enough to save him?
7) Kellie- more pitchy than Roger Clemens.

Predictions:
Bottom Three-- Ace, Paris, Chris? (Katharine was awesome, Elliott's fans will finally save him, Taylor has been leading the votes every week, and Kellie's fans will find pity and keep her safe)
Bottom Two-- Ace, Paris
Going Home-- Ace

I've been voting non-stop, and so far I've only gotten in 8 votes for Chris and 5 for Paris. Katharine's, Taylor's, and Elliott's lines have been busy THE WHOLE TIME. (I'm not voting for Ace or Kellie, though my dad has been getting in for Kellie easily)

Wes
04-19-2006, 07:44 AM
7) Kellie- more pitchy than Roger Clemens.

LOL! :D I agree!

And I hope everyone in the country doesn't think all our women in NC are airheads like her. lol

She is so clueless it's pathetic. I wonder sometimes how she remembers her lyrics.

I still like her, but like someone that likes a cute puppy dog. I probably wouldn't go out and buy her CD since I don't like country.

Everyone IMO was actually good to very good last night. I agree with Simon, Katherine showed up everyone. And I actually don't like that song anymore because I've heard it so many times.

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2006, 09:21 AM
WooHoo!!! ACE is gone. I was really starting to get tired of him. I ws suprised to see Paris in the bottom 3 after tue nights performance. I guess as the list gets shorter the good ones must go too. There can only be one winner :(

No big deal. The final 5 will all go one to get record deals anyway. I guess the real winner of AI would be the biggest loser since AI takes most of your money from your first album.

Wes
04-20-2006, 10:20 AM
I was shocked that Chris was in the bottom 3. But when you get down to so few people your odds get better and better that you'll end up in the bottom 3.

mikey53
04-20-2006, 11:02 AM
The only two that should have no doubt been there - Ace and Pickler
She really messed that song up and if the show was judged on song by song and not popularity, she should have gone last night - Ace did substantially better than her for the first time

Valpengeist
04-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Overall, it was a good show. Not as great as last week, but still a good show. How I rank them:

1. Chris- this was very, very good. It may have been his been his best performance of the season; I'll have to rewatch it.

2. Elliott- I think this might have been his best; again, I'll have to rewatch it.

3. Paris- man, she's got an incredible voice! However, it was not a good song choice. You know she's got an incredible voice-- just look at the guest artists' reactions to her: Barry Manilow was blown away, Queen said she was "**** good", and David Foster/Andrea Bocelli were highly impressed by her. I don't get why she doesn't seem to have as many fans as the others.

4. Taylor- seemed like a good song choice, but the whole thing didn't live up to expectations. Could have been better.

5. Katharine- I think she did about as good with the song as she could have. Still, it was a completely horrible song choice; like Paula said, her voice isn't suited to Whitney's "big" music.

6. Kellie- it was boring, slightly off key, and like Simon said, robotic. But will it be enough to (finally) send her home?

My Prediction:
Bottom Three: Katharine, Kellie, Paris
Bottom Two: Kellie, Paris
Going Home: Paris

Man, I hope I'm wrong on this. Kellie is truly the only one who both deserves to go home and doesn't deserve to stay.

Valpengeist
04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Five smilies for the five deserving contestants who are our top five!

I'll admit I did feel a little bad for Kellie, but she had a good run, and it was just her time to go. What we have left, therefore, is the BEST top five in American Idol history!

Next week's theme? The contestants will be singing two songs each:
1) A song from the year they were born
2) A song on any of the current Billboard charts

Looks like it will be a good show; we'll finally get to hear some 80s music!

JamMasterJ
04-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Good call, Valpengeist, and nice sig. verse too.

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2006, 02:08 AM
Horrible. I wonder who i'll vote for now.

Wes
04-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Well Pickler's bad song choices and nerves finally caught up with her.

After the AI tour I'm sure she will get a country contract with someone.

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2006, 08:00 AM
I agree. She's gonna make it either way and this way AI wont get 40% from her.

I guess i'll start voteing for Kat & Paris.

Valpengeist
04-27-2006, 08:15 AM
^ I guess you could vote for Chris, if you still wanted to vote for someone from NC (three contestants in the top 12 this year... wow).

Carowinds 73-03
04-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I completely forgot he was from NC. I guess he's the last of the NC bunch. He'll be getting my vote as well.

Wes
04-27-2006, 10:57 AM
I think the top 3 should come down to Chris, Elliot and Katherine.

I love Paris, but she's not "pop material" IMO.
Taylor is just getting on my nerves at this point.

Taylor should go then Paris.

tgrocks
04-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know if any of you will care to hear this but I auditioned for Season 4 of Candian Idol in Toronto this weekend. I Made it past the first two rounds and I have to be back in Toronto on Monday to audition for the celebrity judges. I might be on TV!!! lol! Anywayz, I'm a big American Idol and Canadian Idol fan and i'm sooooo excited! I beat out over 2000 people yesterday! So! Keep your fingers crossed 4 me!

Wes
04-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Cool! I hope you make it. And if you do and they post any of the footage online be sure and post it here.

Valpengeist
04-30-2006, 04:12 PM
That is seriously awesome! I'm considering auditioning for AI season six this fall, if it won't get me kicked out of school, ha ha.

Just tell me this... you are one of the good ones, right? I'll look out for you (in recaps, since they don't show CI in Texas!).

tgrocks
04-30-2006, 05:10 PM
yeah lol. The producer said I was really cool and that I was the most entertaining people he saw all day! He said that I reminded him a lot of Jacob Hoggard (who placed 3rd in Season 2 of CI.)

This is a picture of me!

Carowinds 73-03
04-30-2006, 09:22 PM
That sucks i don't get CI. I would love to check it out.

Wes
05-01-2006, 08:01 AM
If you've got highspeed... then here ya go.

http://www.ctv.ca/idol/gen/Video1.html

Valpengeist
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Wow! What a great show tonight... everyone was impressive on at least one of their songs, which is usually a rarity at this point in the game. My rankings:

THE GREAT:

1) Taylor- "Something"- Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Best performance so far this season.
2) Taylor- "Play That Funky Music White Boy"- Taylor is back! This was yet another excellent, excellent song choice that worked amazingly.
3) Katharine- "Black Horse And The Cherry Tree"- Really, really, really great. This is her style; it was just perfect.
4) Elliott- "Home"- this was his best performance yet for me. His vocals were just... soothing, impressive. Still, the lyrics weren't too appropriate.
5) Chris- "Renegade"- yet another great performance. He returns to his rock roots and rocks it.

THE GOOD:
6) Paris- "Be Without You"- Paris showed she has the chops to make an album: right now. She's just--so--good. But at this point in the competition, I don't think she's what America is looking for this year.

THE OKAY:

7) Chris- "I Dare You"- Chris needs to be careful. Simon was absolutely correct: he showed some serious signs of strain that he needs to watch... plus, the key was too high.
8) Katharine- "Against All Odds"- Bad song choice, and the key was too low for her. Thank goodness she had a second performance.

THE PREDICTABLE:

9) Elliott- "On Broadway"- completely predictable and boring. I could have never seen this performance and known exactly how it would sound.
10) Paris- "Kiss"- normal, affected Paris. She's just not the same girl we saw in Greensboro. It doesn't matter her fate; I'm sure some record producer will snatch her up as soon as she is booted.

Predictions? It should be an Elliott/Paris bottom two with Paris going home. But will that happen? I'm definitely unsure, but for now, I'll stick with my thoughts.