PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Wes
05-03-2006, 07:42 AM
My favorite from the 1st half would be Chris. 2nd would go to Taylor. This was one of my favorites from him.

I don't like Taylor, I just don't. He's too goofy for my taste and I personally don't think he's as good a singer as they make him out to be.

Although I think he'd sound great in a studio.

2nd half would go to Katherine IMO. Her performance was original, fun, and showed more personality than I've seen from her in a long time.

Paris would be second for this group IMO. anyone that can sing Mary has my vote.

I predict either Taylor or Paris will go tonight.

This is the first year since AI2 that I'm actually considering going to see the AI tour. The top 6 this year was very solid.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/special_packages/american_idol/14477825.htm

Interesting article. Not only does the South seem to produce the most idols, the show is also most popular in the South as well.

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2006, 07:32 PM
How sad. Paris was sent home :( My two favorite performers were sent home back to back. I guess i'll just watch to see who wins now.

xbadx1233
05-06-2006, 04:13 PM
OK, here's my prediction...

Elliot will be out next week, followed by Katherine, after that, it will be really close with Chris and Taylor, but Chris will pull out on top.

EDIT: anyone know exactly what the theme will be next week? I'm expecting Elvis but they didn't make it that clear.

Valpengeist
05-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah, they'll be singing original Elvis songs next week (not his cover versions of other artists).

xbadx1233
05-16-2006, 05:00 PM
AMERICAN IDOL SUCKS!!!!!!!!! If they think they can get rid of Chris they can suck something that's hard under certian conditions. I'm done with AI. (at least for the season)

Carowinds 73-03
05-16-2006, 05:14 PM
I was a little shocked that Chris was the one voted off as well. I was hopeing he would win but now it looks like it will be Kat or Taylor. The rest of this season will be very boaring but i'll stick it out to the end to see what happens and gear up for season 6.

Valpengeist
05-16-2006, 06:16 PM
^ Tough seeing a favorite get eliminated, no? Luckily, I'm not a diehard fan of any one contestant this year, so I've been fine with the eliminations so far. Even though Chris was a total shock, I'm sure he'll do very well outside the AI world.

SONG SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT: TOP THREE, 5/16

Judges' Choice:
Elliott- "What You Won't Do For Love" (Bobby Caldwell; picked by Paula)
Katharine- "Over The Rainbow" (Judy Garland; picked by Simon)
Taylor- "You Are So Beautiful" (Joe Cocker; picked by Randy)

Clive Davis (Idol record producer)'s Choices:
Elliott- "Open Arms" (Journey)
Katharine- "I Believe I Can Fly" (R. Kelly)
Taylor- "Dancing In The Dark" (Bruce Springsteen)

Personal Choices:
Elliott- "I Believe To My Soul" (Ray Charles; UNCONFIRMED)
Katharine- unknown
Taylor- "Try A Little Tenderness" (Otis Redding)

Looks like a pretty good show tonight!

siestakey
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
I hope Taylor wins. Even though he probably won't...

VekomahangNbang
05-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Taylor keeps getting the most votes. Just check out dialidol.com, it's pretty accurate.

Valpengeist
05-16-2006, 11:27 PM
WOW!

Katharine's "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and Taylor's "You Are So Beautiful"-- two of the BEST idol performances ever!

Brilliant; I've been waiting for this all season!

Sorry Elliott, but I think you won't make it past this week. Though not completely your fault, your song choices were weaker, and therefore the other two's performances were just in a different league. Good luck in the future.

Wes
05-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Somewhere... was definetley Kat's best performance in weeks (if not the whole season).

I wasn't all that blown away by Taylors You are so beautiful. Maybe becaue I'm a guy. lol

I think Elliott will probably go.

My gut feeling at this point is that Taylor will win. As Simon would say "Whoopee".

EDIT

Goodbye to the only person of the Top 3 whose record I would actually buy.

Elliott is such a nice guy, I hope he gets a contract with someone. I would buy his CD.

Neither Kat nor Taylor have any appeal to me at all, and I wouldn't spend my money on their CD.

As said before I think Taylor will win, but now that Elliott and Chris are out I could care less who wins.

Oh and WOW! 33 million CDS sold from AI! Wow!

Valpengeist
05-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Taylor kicked some major TAIL tonight... shouldn't be close.

Anyways, I'm off to vote!
(Katharine: 1-866-436-5701 or 03 or 05
Taylor: 1-866-436-5702 or 04 or 06)

Valpengeist
05-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Go Taylor! A well-deserved win, and I can't wait for the album...

But WOW!- Katharine and Meatloaf's duet was AMAZING!

Paris and Al Jurreau were great as well...

Mandisa rocked the house... man, I can't wait for her amazing gospel album!

Then Chris and Live... great, great, great.

Oh, Elliott singing "A House Is Not A Home"- brilliance... this could have gotten him to the finale.

The medleys of all the finalists truly showed the sheer talent of this season. Seriously, pick any two of Katharine, Taylor, Elliott, Chris, Paris, or Mandisa... and we still would have had one heck of a finale and a much-deserving winner.

Good season... great finale.

Oh yeah, Puck & Pickler... hilarious! And the Clay look-a-like's reaction to seeing Clay was priceless.

Carowinds 73-03
05-25-2006, 02:52 AM
Well.......I wanted Kat to win but it didn't really matter. I liked both and i look foward to seeing both of their albums out very soon.

xbadx1233
05-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Hopefully Chris will get a contract. I know he'll go really far with an album and mabye a few concerts.

Valpengeist
05-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey tgrocks-

Any word you can tell us about the Canadian Idol 4 audition?

Carowinds 73-03
05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I finally got to watch the finale today. I was very amazed at the guest they had on the show and all the cute little gags they did. By far the BEST Idol Finale ever.

I also think it's pretty funny AI got more votes than any president in history.

xbadx1233
05-25-2006, 06:44 PM
As long as Bush is in office.............

Cuddy
05-25-2006, 09:27 PM
^That's got nothing to do with it.

Perhaps though, every state should look at this and find a way to get more people to the polls. More people (legal voters) means more votes.

coasterfreak14
05-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Meatloaf can't sing worth crap....... Katharine COMPLETELY showed him up! But congrats to Taylor! I'm a fan of his so I hope to get his alblum when it gets out. In the beginning I guessed that it would be Mandisa, Paris, and Taylor in the final 3 and I was right about Taylor. I really think that Mandisa and Paris should have been up there w/ Taylor instead of Elliot and Katharine. They were the strongest female vocalists IMO.

VekomahangNbang
05-28-2006, 02:14 AM
I also think it's pretty funny AI got more votes than any president in history.

That only happened because you can only vote for the President once. A lot of people vote multiple times. The reason they don't have a call in limit, say like Dancing With the Stars, is pretty much so they can reel off those numbers and look impressive.

I'm going to the concert in Tampa this summer. Should be really good.

Wes
08-02-2006, 11:03 AM
The American Idol was in town last night (Charlotte) and this morning on the news they showed where Taylor, Elliot and Ace went to one fo the local waffle house's at 3:00 AM. lol

Ace even did a report bit for the TV station. lol

The video is here: http://www.wbtv.com/

Wes
01-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Anyone been watching this year so far?

I don't know, it's been kind of blah so far to me.

I haven't really been blown away by anyone so far.

The gay guy from NY last night was hillarious. He was so silly.

Argh a Kat McPhee ad just showed up on TN! Argh!!

addict2sobe728
01-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow...I cried laughing last night when the girl was screaming and crying because they wouldn't teach her how to sing. xD

Wes
01-25-2007, 08:46 PM
^ Yeah she was so so disturbing.

Like, you need to teach me to sing!

Honey, this ain't America Learn To Sing! It's American Idol.

coolstarwasim
01-25-2007, 09:23 PM
^Hahaha That was so funny!

BrandonK
01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Haha, I have. It's funny. These people come on the show hoping to squeak by to Hollywood so people can teach them to sing? Wow. And those best friends last night, they sounded terrible together but separate both were good.

Cuddy
01-25-2007, 09:29 PM
American Idiot! I love this show just for hearing Simon, Randy and Paula say "NO".

Some people say that the judges have gotten rather mean with their comments. My take is that this isn't the country kareoke bar.

I love DW
01-25-2007, 09:37 PM
^My take is if the judges weren't mean not as many people would watch it and they would get less free publicity form the media.

Wes
02-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Well last night was kinda blah.

None of the guys really wowed me that much.

CoasterKid_2006
02-21-2007, 04:40 PM
No, i really didn't like last night much either. It's no good anymore now that the audition phase is over...lol

Wes
02-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Is anyone else just kind of getting tired of the whole show?

My music director at church said that his daughter tried out and she said that they cut tons of great singers right before her eyes.

Apparantly they DON'T want the best talent, they just want drama.

mikey53
02-23-2007, 01:34 AM
I missed the results show tonight, but who was sent home?

Wes
02-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Paul Kim I know for sure, the other 3 I can't remember.

They'll have it up on americanidol.com some time today I'm sure.

SkierGirl77
03-09-2007, 03:03 PM
What does everyone think of the final twelve? A few of them should have left last night like Gina. She didn't sound too great when she sang "Call Me When You're Sober."

Wes
03-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm ok with all of them but Sanjaya. He is not that good and he is certainly not as good as Sundance. Poor Sundance. :sadface:

He's already got a fan club! They are calling themselves Fanjayas. :rolleyes:

coasterdude28
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I feel that Sundance should have stayed over Sanjaya. I also feel that Haley should have been voted out. I think by the time a few more people are sent packing, we will be down to the true top group. The "questionables" will be weeded out soon enough.

SkierGirl77
03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh I agree with you on Haley! I definately thought Sabrina would have been on the show at least to the top eight. As far as Sundance goes, yeah, he should have stayed in over Sanjaya.

Wes
03-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Ok...It's British Invastion night. How come noone sang a Beatles song? :confused:

And this article just makes me scratch my head. http://www.charlotte.com/200/story/57521.html

People need to honestly get a clue. It's not like he's up there cursing and acting like a hypocrite. Sometimes I really am ashamed of my fellow Christians.

EDIT:

Just read on Charlotte.com that The Beatles/Apple would not allow them to use any Beatles songs. They probably were smart, or feared that Sanjaya would sing one of their songs.

SkierGirl77
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
^ lol! Sanjaya did the best he's done last night though in my opinion. Chris (the one with no hair) didn't do so great last night.

Wes
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah I think Chris might be in trouble tonight.

I really hope though America gets a clue and finally boots Sanjaya.

SkierGirl77
03-21-2007, 03:27 PM
^ Serioulsly! I don't know how Sanjaya has gotten this far I thought he would have been gone weeks ago!

Wes
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
If Sanjaya wins this thing I will never watch AI again!

This is outrageous. Stephanie was one of the best singers this year!

SkierGirl77
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
^ She really was! Did you 'the crying girl' her favorite singer on AI is Sanjaya. That's extra attention he gets now, so now more people will probably vote for him. The people in America have really got it wrong this year, they're letting the best get kicked off!

Diesel
03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Stern fans save Sanjaya! I voted twice!

Now he's made it to the tour!

Join us Eric the Midget!

Wes
03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
And it's people like Stern that ruin the show for the rest of us.

SkierGirl77
03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
^ True. Sanjaya needs to GO! It's a singing competition not a popularity contest. And the guy maybe a nice, good-hearted guy but he just can't sing nearly as well as the others.

Wes
03-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Boo!

Chris should have never gone home before Sanjaya!

I can't believe sanjokea wasn't even in the bottom 3.

This season is such a joke.

Everyone in the country can't stand him, but yet everyone keeps voting for him. I just don't get it.

<--- Post 8700. ;party;

DemonHunter4337
03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't really watch American Idol but I did watch it this past tuesday (where Sanjay had the "Fohawk") anyway I thought He should of gotten voted off instead of Singl. Howerd Stern's listeners are a bunch of easily lead automotons (clerks referance). Sorry if you listen to Stern but how else could that guy have made it that far without getitng voted off? Unless someone who is really popular told his "followers" to vote for him in an effort to ruin the show. Personally I could care less if AI gets ruined however I would hate to see some schmuck do it for them. btw Wes your opinion is very popular all my friends who watch AI all said if Sanjay wins then they are never going to watch it again.

SkierGirl77
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM
^ I'm already getting fed up with the show! They had two of the four I don't like in the bottom three but then out of no where they put one of my favorites, Chris, (who really just had a bad night) who wasn't in the bottom three the previous week in the bottom three and he goes home! Haley and Sanjaya need to go home already!!! With the way the show is going right now I wouldn't be surprised if Melinda got in the bottom three next week!

coasterdude28
03-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Ugh. This is becoming stupid. Everyone knows that Sanjaya is not on par with the rest of the group. Much better people are getting sent home before him. He really needs to go.

Cuddy
03-30-2007, 11:27 PM
This has probably been said before, but I heard if Sanjaya wins, then Simon is done.

And I kind of hope that happens. Maybe that will start the END of these generic reality shows.

And it's people like Stern that ruin the show for the rest of us.

And it was Opie and Anthony (and their fans) voting for Jerry Springer in last season's Dancing with the Stars.

As the old saying goes, "Right church, wrong pew."

SkierGirl77
04-06-2007, 06:35 PM
At least America got it halfway this week Haley has been needing to leave the show (IMO) for quite awhile. She finally was in the bottom three this week. Gina wasn't that great either so I didn't really care if she stayed or went.

Wes
04-07-2007, 02:18 PM
The bottom 3 was right except that Gina should have been replaced with Sanjaya. Gosh!

Beils
04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
It's not just Stern, ever hear of the website votefortheworst.com? They're generating thousands upon thousands of votes for Sanjaya every week. You can check it out yourself to see the mission statement, rallying cry, or what have you.

Quite frankly, I love it. I've never been interested in the show before, but the publicity it's getting for a having a less talented (I won't say bad, since the judges did put him in the top 20 in America without votes) singer make it week after week is great. It would go down in American folklore history if Simon quit and the show faded into obscurity because the best singer didn't win. Also, it is teaching many Americans the power of democracy, since I'm going to go out on a limb and say most (not all) AI fans care much more about the show than, say, governmental elections.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/TheRealBeil/sanjaya.jpg

CoasterKid_2006
04-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Gina was GREAT!!! Why'd she have to leave!?! Simon can't quit. he's tied to the show by a contract for the next 24 years, 30 in all. I believe that sanjaya's sister should have been up there. If they went on there as a pair, i think that people wouldn't dislike sanjaya like they do now. I hate him because he's beating all the really good singers like Sundance, Chris, and Gina and all the other ones that he beat earlier in the show (their names escape me at the moment).

I could deffanatly see Lakisha winning! I would love it if she won. Her, and all the other black chick on there are GREAT!!! Lakisha should win for her daughter, i think that that will eventually come into play when people can't decide to vote for her or someone else. So, Idk...i'm through rambling now...

Diesel
04-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Another thing to remember. The votefortheworst movement didn't cause Gina to leave. If it had been Sanjaya this week, then she would have been gone the following week.

Besides, if the show was a real competition, we wouldn't see all of the goofy singers at the beginning.

So what is the votefortheworst.com movement really messing up?

By the way, I voted for him thrice this week. I felt giddy doing it.

SkierGirl77
04-08-2007, 09:10 AM
^^ I can also see Lakisha winning the competion. Either her or Melinda they're both terrific singers in my opinion. I just hope America will realize that, they seem to be off this year as far as keeping the best in the running.

epijlh
04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Sanjaya sucks more than a Hoover.

I don't really know the names of the other contestants, but Lakisha really stands out.

vedved82491
04-08-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't really like American Idol because its a popularity contest...If it were truley based on talent, and they were eliminated based on talent, Sanjaya would have been one of the first to go. I agree that either Lakisha, Melinda, or Jordan-(woot represent our state!!)

SkierGirl77
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
^ Yes, those three are amazing! If America starts voting on singing talent then they should definately be in the top five.

Wes
04-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Well whatdaya know. Sanjaya can actually sing!

It wasn't the best of the night (Blake was), but he wasn't the worst either. Haley would get that from me. She always sings and dances like she's at Six Flags to me.

SkierGirl77
04-14-2007, 10:46 PM
^ Well America voted right and she's out of the running. Who will be the next to go? I hope Sanjaya goes soon!!!

CoasterKid_2006
04-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Phil Will be nexted to go....he's losing steam. And following him could be sanjaya, or that JT look-a-like. And then the next week will deffantly be which every one didn't get voeted off the week before (JT look-a-like or Sanjaya) And then it'll come down to blake. If he pulls off mores shows like tuesdays, then he'll be around a while longer, but if he doesn't, hopefully America won't vote Malinda, Lakisha, or Jordan, which would leave us saying good bye to Blake. Then after that I feel like it'll be Jordan who leaves. And then it'll come down to Malinda and Lakisha. Just my thoughts. Don't take this to be ture, because it certainly might not be...just think about it...

Wes
04-15-2007, 05:31 AM
With this week's performance, I think Sanjaya just bought himself a one-way ticket to at least the Top 5. :(

Cuddy
04-15-2007, 02:04 PM
^If Sanjaya wins, I bet I could win Idol next year, assuming there is one.

Beils
04-15-2007, 03:10 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/TheRealBeil/AIodds.jpg

From Bodog.com

According to these odds, which I assume are based on the way Americans have been voting, the final results will be:
7. Phil
6. Chris
5. LaKisha
4. Blake
3. Sanjaya
2. Jordin
1. Melinda

SkierGirl77
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
^ Sanjaya is 3rd?!?! What is wrong with America? He should be at most 5th.

Woodie4-07
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
He shouldn't be on AI at all.

He's so bad.

miamidolphins
04-15-2007, 05:00 PM
HAha american idol annoys the crap outta me. Has anyone noticed its the same thing every season? theres the people that go in to audition and simon says theyre quite possible the worst ever, paula says she likes they did their best, and randy is in between. How do they get this many seasons out of this??? I know, i know, everyone could say "just dont watch the show." I dont. My mom watches it while I'm on the computer so i have to hear it in the background. I want the Syngia dude to win so it gets canceled, or just becuase its hilarious. I bet everyone who is complaining about him being in it doesnt vote half as much as the Syngia ppl do. They probably clog the phone lines voting for him. If you want him out, vote for someone else. And for everyone who is complaining about him being bad i have one thing to say. Until you audition infront of the judges, amke it on TV, go in a room and have your room move on, go infront of an audience and sing, and get moved on, make it to the top 12, then continue to get votes,k dont complain, cuz no on here could do better.

CoasterKid_2006
04-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I now give you, SNAJAYA MALAKAR, The Little Rebel!!! lol....

Wow. I agree 100,000,000&#37; with simon on this one! It was horrible! He should stay far away from country! No, strike that, he should stay away from music period!

SkierGirl77
04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
^ Well thanks to America he's FINALLY gone!!!!!

sfft_2108
04-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Well no more SNAJAYA. So thats good. lol. Never really watched the show, but I heard about him all the damn time.

coasterdude28
04-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Finally. If Lakisha had been sent home before Sanjaya, then I would have been shocked and upset. I'm glad he finally got the boot.

CoasterKid_2006
04-18-2007, 10:49 PM
If that were to happen, i could deffantaly see Simon just getting up, throwing things, cussing, and ultimatly just walking out....

Cuddy
04-18-2007, 11:55 PM
No more Sanjaya? This means I have no shot of winning Idol next year!

SkierGirl77
04-19-2007, 09:09 AM
^^ I know! I was scared to death that Lakisha was going to go home and she's great! I'm so glad they finally got Sanjaya out though!

Who will be next? I'm think Phil but I could be wrong.

Wes
04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
WOO HOO THE FANJAYAS ARE GONE!!!

If I go see the tour this year I'm likely to walk out during his solo(s). lol

Phil should be the next to go if it were up to me.

Did you hear all the cheers when Ryan announced it was Sanjaya leaving!?! LOL

coasterdude28
04-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Yea. That was great. I think Phil is next to go, and then Chris.

SkierGirl77
04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
^ That's what I think too then maybe Lakisha (if she doesn't step it up a bit) or Blake. I'm thinking Jordin and Melinda will be the final too. Simon was on Oprah today and really seemed to like Melinda the best of them all.

Wes
04-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Simon must have heard me ranting because I was so glad he told Melinda this week "stop with being shocked that you're being told you're good!" already.

She's like the Sally Field of AI...You like me! You really like me!!!!

Coaster Nana
04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I thought I had cried all that I could after last week's events, that there were no more tears left. Then Jordin starts singing You'll Never Walk Alone and the tears started flowing again. It was absolutely beautiful.

CoasterKid_2006
04-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I thought i'd never say this, but i miss sanjaya....the show's so bland now...

Valpengeist
04-24-2007, 11:52 PM
I haven't posted here at TN in a year or so, but I thought I'd pop in to say Melinda is AMAZING.

Jordin is great, but Melinda is the valedictorian of the AI Class of 2007.

Oh, and the show was so much better with Sanjaya gone. Entertaining? Maybe. But he really brought down the quality of the show. Now it's time for the real contestants to start getting the attention and exposure they deserve.

Wes
04-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Someone said that Jordin was an opener for Michael W Smith recently, has anyone heard that?

Boo! to Fox making us sit through 2 hours of telethon and then not telling us they weren't cutting anyone this week until the end!

SkierGirl77
04-27-2007, 09:11 PM
^ I know that was so dumb! But at least Jordin didn't go home when they said Chris was safe and Jordin was left I was about to scream!

Kennywoodfanboy
04-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Heres my thoughts on whats gonna happen this week. I personally want Phil and Lakeisha to get voted off. Their in my book, the two weakest performers on the show. BLAKE ALL THE WAY!!

Wes
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I read on dialidol.com that Chris got the lowest vote last week (and they are usually right).

So I think it will be Chris and Phil to go home. Lakeisha also should not win AI, she's good but not as good as Jordin or Melinda.

Kennywoodfanboy
04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I think the top 3 will be. Blake, Melinda, and Jordan. Then Melinda and Blake. And finally if it wen't my way, Blake winning it.

SkierGirl77
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
^ Sounds about right to me! Blake is my favorite guy and Melinda is my favorite girl as well as overall singer on the show. I'd like to see her win it though instead of Blake.

Carowinds 73-03
05-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm starting to miss Idol. Since i moved to Orlando i have not been able to watch the show every night like before. Work and all. I think i have caught maybe 3-4 episodes so far. 2 of those being the last 2 episodes. I'm trying to get caught up for the finale.

DominatorDude
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
If you would like to watch the performances (As poor as the quality it is on the internet) check out http://www.youtube.com/user/idollogy

Kennywoodfanboy
05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
WOW! Blakes performance tonight was AMAZING! Best performance of the season by far. He sang Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name". He beat boxed in it and it was just awesome. Truely my favorite idol performance of the season, I can't wait till it gets on youtube cause it was amazing and I really want to see it again!

Wes
05-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I loved it too, I just bet the Bon Jovi fanboys are pitching a fit on their message boards today!

I'm a big Bon Jovi fan (just never got to see them live yet) and I liked it.
I agree though with Simon, half the country probably hated it and half loved it.

Slippery When Wet came out when I was in Jr High. So yeah, I'll always be a fan.

SkierGirl77
05-02-2007, 01:58 PM
I think Chris is leaving tonight. I could be wrong but it wasn't a very good idea for him to sing 'Dead or Alive' as Chris Daughtry sang it last year and it was a wonderful performance.

Kennywoodfanboy
05-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Wooo Blake is still here! :D

SkierGirl77
05-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey I guessed something right!

We're down to 4: Blake, Melinda, Lakisha and Jordin. Hmm...

Woodie4-07
05-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I predict Jordin's gone next.

SkierGirl77
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I REALLY can't believe this! Melinda got voted out! She was the best one IMO.

Well we're down to two Jordin and Blake. Who will win?

Wes
05-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I thought that might happen. The little teenage girls strike again!

Kbangbang
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
oh man i love blake lewis. :D

and i TOTALLY agree about melinda. She was my favorite.

CoasterKid_2006
05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Jordin will win, just wait and see....

SkierGirl77
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
^ She probably will since she's a 'role model' to the teen girls out there. I don't really care who wins now though. :(

Wes
06-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Looks like the Carolinas will host Simon, Paula and Randy once more.

Coming to Charleston, SC in August.

http://www.charlotte.com/326/story/173290.html

The other audition cities are Atlanta, San Diego, Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia and Omaha, Neb.

Sorry West Coast! You only get 1 this year!

SkierGirl77
06-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Has the age limit always been 16-28? I didn't know you had to be that young!

Wes
06-25-2007, 02:19 PM
It used to be a 24 max at one time.

Carowinds 73-03
06-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Nice To see their returning here.

Carowinds 73-03
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I think it's time to bring this back. American Idol 7 starts in about 10 days so just wondering if anyone will be watching once again. It's always been a popular topic.

I have not heard much about this season so far. Does anyone even know what cities they went to. Usually i hear by now but not this year and i checked the site and it said nothing.

Anyway, i'm excited once again. AI has been one of my favorite shows and it feels like forever since season 6 so i'm really excited to get this going again.

slipknot8527
01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Here's a thought:

**** your **** **** **** and **** **** **** that show.

Carowinds 73-03
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Awwwwww.. Sounds like someone does not like the show.

Wes
01-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm ready for something to be back on the air besides reruns. Although last year was far from great. They are starting to repeat themselves a lot now, but I still enjoy the goofy tryouts and I still like the singing of the final 24.

p.s. slippy is a closet fan, he just won't admit it.

CoasterKid_2006
01-15-2008, 09:07 PM
So it's time to get this back up and running seeing as how this season's finally beginning! Some of the contestants are good, but that's not best part! My personal favorite so far has been the Alexis chick. She was awesome... Attitude, not singing....

coasterdude28
01-15-2008, 10:23 PM
I do have to say that American Idol is an entertaining show. I feel bad for some of the people that try put though. They are pretty harsh on people that obviously have some problems. Philly did have a few good singers.

Carowinds 73-03
01-16-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm excited it's on. It's one of my favorite shows and it's always entertaining.

I just loved some of the people in Philly except the guy with no clothes on and went to have his body waxed.

I expect this year to be very exciting. Too bad i have to wait 6-8 weeks just to get through these boaring auditions.

KW fan
01-16-2008, 02:00 AM
I watched it tonight, it was pretty good. i love American Idol

Wes
01-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Well I watched about 10 minutes and flipped back and forth between it and another show and my comment is blah.

It's just the same old stuff. It's nothing new, just some more weirdos.

I really have become bored with the show. I'll watch again tonight, but if after 10 mintues it's getting old I think I'll stop watching until they get to Hollywood.

It's just too staged now it seems. Everyone knows they are on TV and wants to act like an idiot to get on camera. It's not like the old days at all.

ImmelMatt
01-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Anyone catch the ACEr?

edh101985
01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I just saw the last guy on that show. One word......WOW. I could not stop laughing.

Leo C
01-16-2008, 11:24 PM
My former co-worker just commented me about the ACEr. I reminded her how the one customer that brought me ACE newsletters at work was an ACER. I have to quit being a wannabe and become a new member.

Katie
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Here is the ACER that auditioned. He was such a happy guy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WmF0XuSLU8s

Wes
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Sheesh. I'm not telling anyone else I'm an ACEr. Oh wait, too late.

His family must be tone deaf. He reminded me of the lawnmower man. Oh wait, I guess he is one! Weird.

cowboy1192
01-17-2008, 07:02 PM
^^Nice. haha

Carowinds 73-03
01-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Anyone catch the ACEr?

No. I guess i didn't notice.
Thanks for the video. I guess i didn't even pay attention to him.

Dallas showed some promising people.

Carowinds 73-03
02-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Finally the auditions are over. Now it's time to get things really going and i must say i am suprised abut the talent so far this season. I can't wait for the Hollywood rounds to see who will be the top 24. I already have about 6 favorites.

Carowinds 73-03
02-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Hollywood week was simply amazing. I now agree that this season has the best talent by far. This is going to be an amazing year and i think the best of the previous 6.

My favorites in no order.

Brook White
David Hernandez
Amanda Overmyer
Josiah Leming
Danny Norega
Michael Johns
Syesha Mercado
Kyle Ensley
David Archuleta
Carly Smithson

Thats honestly what the top 10 should be because they are what i think are the best. There was a few people who made the top 50 that they never showed sing so based on what i saw last night that should be the top 10.

I really think the winner will be male this year. The boys are just far better than the girls this season and i see the final 2 being male.

The two i'm really watching to go very far this season are Josiah Leming & David Archuleta. I think these 2 are the best out of my top 10 and if not both guys i see David being in the final 2. Josiah could make final 4 or 5.

I think the rateings for this season will be through the roof and so much better than the last 6 seasons. It will be enough to secure the series another 3 years.

Carowinds 73-03
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm really excited to get this season underway and the voteing to being. 8 of my favorite 10 made it through.

Brook White
David Hernandez
Amanda Overmyer
Josiah Leming
Danny Norega
Michael Johns
Syesha Mercado
Kyle Ensley
David Archuleta
Carly Smithson

It was so sad they cut Josiah. I hope to see him audition again next year & clearly Kyle was alot better than the other guy in the room with him and he got cut. Something simon clearly was not happy about.

This is by far the best talent i have ever seen. So many people with unique voices for once.

I honestly think David Archuleta will win this year.

Carowinds 73-03
02-29-2008, 02:51 AM
Is anyone still watching???? The show is really starting to get good now.

I still stick by my statement in the last post that David Archuleta will win this season. He is basically the best singer out of the entire cast.

Carowinds 73-03
04-02-2008, 01:22 AM
The show tonight was just ok. Most of the performers we're ok but a few really stood out like David Archuleta. I still say he's the one who will win since he really is the best of the remaining 9.

Only down side was that Dolly Parton didn't sing. Maybe she'll sing tomorrow for the results show. I love to hear her sing.

Carowinds 73-03
04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Anyone watch Idol Gives Back tonight? I thought it was an amazing show with some really amazing performances. I cant wait to see how much they made in donations.

Last i checked Myspace donations were over 33,000.

Did anyone else donate? i sent in $100.

Cuddy
04-09-2008, 11:22 PM
^I think you are the only person that watches American Idol.

Carowinds 73-03
04-10-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm starting to think that to. Or im the only openly AI watcher here. I guess everyone else was just watching the Hollywood round auditions and thats it.

I guess this thread can be closed.

Mohead
04-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I am so done with American Idol. I havent watched since season 3. Not even the Auditions.

CoasterKid_2006
04-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I watched it, just not last night... No one was going home, and there was better TV on...

miamidolphins
04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Hmm i cant decide if it's funny or pathetic that this show will probably reach season 50.

Carowinds 73-03
04-11-2008, 01:49 AM
It would not supride me. It continues to be the #1 show in America every year. I could easily see it going to season 10. I'd be suprised if it lasted longer than 10 years.

James R
04-11-2008, 03:11 AM
It doesn't matter if it's funny or pathetic, people are banking off this show...

I haven't been able to keep up with the past few seasons, actually. I've only seen clips of the contestants on YouTube or the like. There's a guy on there from Texas, so that's interesting.

Carowinds 73-03
04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
^ Yep... Even Disney has decided to make some money off the Idol name by opening that new Idol attraction in Hollywood Studios.

Carowinds 73-03
05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
i see David A. being in the final 2.

I honestly think David Archuleta will win this year.

I thought i would quote my old post durrning Hollywood week. Now let's just see if he wins.

GO DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!!

Cuddy
05-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Any chance there could be a replacement for Paula next season?

And though I have yet to watch any episode this season, I will predict David Cook.

Carowinds 73-03
05-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Nope. Paula will return. FOX agreed to do AI for another year and all 3 judges agreed to return.

Wes
05-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I hope David Cooke wins it, but in some ways not. If he doesn't then he's not tied to idol for an entire year.

Carowinds 73-03
05-15-2008, 06:07 PM
He will still be tied to idol for a year with the top 10 tour thing so it will be atleast a year until he releases an album.

I'm hopeing David A. wins since i don't really like David C all that much. Not really him just his style of music.

I think it's going to be another close season with the votes like Clay & Ruben. Let's just hope the better performer wins this time.

coastergeek25
05-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Idk who is gonna win. I hope its David A.

SCIENCEWIZRD
05-15-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't watch American Idol (my mom + sister do), but I guess I want Cook to win because he's from KC. Well, Blue Springs, but still...

Carowinds 73-03
05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Tonight's the night! So whats everyone's pick?

David A. Or David C.

I got in about 90 votes for David A. between 12-1am.
I got 11 votes in between 9-11.

CoasterKid_2006
05-21-2008, 09:24 AM
David Will Win... Watch and see.... I've got money on it!

Wes
05-21-2008, 10:15 AM
David A.............

Cook is my favorite though.

CoasterchickRN
05-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm so glad our hometown favorite is the new American Idol. It was refreshing to hear Simon apologize for his behavior last night. Cook definitely deserved to win. :D

Alex Westerman
05-21-2008, 10:24 PM
This just in...David won!

I thought Brooke was really good. Oh well.

Carowinds 73-03
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Well that just sucks. Both David's were amazing but i was hopeing for the other David. It will be intresting now to see who sells more albums.

Can't wait till season eight....lol

Can Jan come any quicker.

Cuddy
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
So David Cooke won? SWEET!

Carowinds 73-03
05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Yep..

On a good note the show did break a record for votes at 93 million votes last night smashing the old record by 23 million. David Cooke won by 12 million votes.

I think thats enough to secure the show another 3 years but AI is going on a year to year thing now. As soon as i find out what the rateings were the last 2 nights i'll post them here.

Cuddy
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I wish the American Public that's of age could come out every election day with this enthusiasm...

Carowinds 73-03
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
I agree. That reminds me of that Poster that AI or someone put out after season 2 with Clay & Ruben saying more people voted for the next idol that President.

Something tells me thats going to come true again. Sad but true.

James
05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
I wish the American Public that's of age could come out every election day with this enthusiasm...

Not that I care (or watch) the show... But after reading Carowinds post.. Saying he voted 327,097 times.. Thats not something you can do with politics.

So maybe some dumb show gets 7,000,000 votes in an hour.. But for all you know it could just be some lamer who voted 5,000,000s in a row.

Valpengeist
06-19-2012, 02:41 AM
^ Exactly.

I only got to see the latter half of the show tonight, but what I saw wasn't that great. However, the country girl from Oklahoma was very good, and I expect we'll see her again.

See her again indeed.

Wes
06-19-2012, 05:07 AM
AI is in Charlotte through today. Took them long enough to finally come to the Carolinas.