PDA

View Full Version : In This Thread, You List All The Rides/Attractions You Worked At.

General Public
01-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Simple as that. You tell everyone where you worked, what you did, what positions you held, and so on.

SFOG:

As an attendent: Batman The Ride, Splashwater Falls, Acrophobia, Georgia Scorcher, Skybuckets.

Operator: Thunder River, Mindbender, FreeFall, Great Gasp, Looping Starship, Six Flags Railroad (fireman and trained as an engineer some), Ninja, Superman Ultimate Flight, Deja Vu.

Foreman: Log Flume, Scream Machine, Monster Plantation.

The last half of 02 was spent working in the park's communication center.

edit: forgot some rides

Carowinds 73-03
01-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Vortex was my main coaster. I operated the ride as well as all posistions. We rotated almost ever hour from op to load & unload. I did work on the rapids for a day. Man how boaring. I was there for 3 hours. Oh yeah and of course the kalidiscope. The employees of vortex swithced between rides.

Frank
01-21-2004, 04:40 PM
All at Six Flags Holland, during the 2003 season...

Operator:
El Condor, Superman: the Ride, Goliath, Robin Hood, Flying Dutchman Goldmine, El Rio Grande (river rapids), Merlin's Magic Castle (mad house), Space Shot, Le Tour de Jardins (oldtimer ride), Los Sobreros (extreme puker), Speedy Gonzales (kiddie bumper carts), Aztec (flying carpet), G-Force (enterprise), La Grande Roue (ferris wheel), Cavalli Barocca (carrousel), Il Gladiatore (Huss magic), Hudson Bay (swinging ship), SFH Express (scenic train), Excalibur (top spin), Double Inverter, Tornado (Chance chaos), Yosemite Sam's Flight School (boring kiddie ride) and Bugs Bunny's Trucking Company (extremely boring kiddie ride).

Attendant:
La Via Volta and Crazy River (log flume).

I worked as a character lead for a few days, and I've been a Haunted House actor during the Halloween Horror Fest.

I've worked as a character at Warner Bros. MovieWorld Madrid for about 20 minutes, does that count as well? ;)

Steven
01-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Michigan's Adventure:

Logger's Run (Arrow Log flume, sometimes lead since that was the ride with the biggest crew and we scheduled our own brakes), Mad mouse (Arrow Mad Mouse), Corkscrew (Arrow Corkscrew), Shivering Timbers (CCI), Wolverine Wildcat (Summers & Dinn), Big Dipper (Chance), Thunderbolt (Chance something), Speed Splashers (which were neither speedy nor did they splash), Mini Enterprise (Zamperla Mini Enterprise), Sea Dragon (?), Hydroblaster (?), Trabant (?), Falling Star (?), Frog Hopper (S&S), and I forgot what other ones.

Cedar Point:

Magnum XL-200 (2002 and 2003).

We rotated at both parks so I did various positions.

Hector
01-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Using the Six Flags method,

AT CP, I Operated (Worked every position at least once):

Power Tower
Mantis
Super Himalaya
Cedar Downs
Cadilac Cars
and a Paddlewheel boat once

Also at CP I was an attendant on: (Worked everything but controls...)

Magnum
Corkscrew
and Top Thrill Dragster

Hopefully this year I'll add more rides and work controls for others. See you at the point!!

Skeeber
01-22-2004, 12:28 AM
I worked as an op at Vortex and Shockwave.

Lead at Whitewater Canyon and Timberwolf falls; And Thunder Run, Klockwerks, and Krachenwagens.

Certified to operate: Vortex, Shockwave, Thuner Run, Klockwerks, Whitewater Canyon, Timberwolf falls, and trained at F/X theatre op.
Attendent certification at The Fly and F/X Theatre.

Marc
01-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Millennium Force, Wildcat, Top Thrill Dragster, Iron Dragon, Mantis, and other non roller coasters I won't take the time to list.

MaGnUmKeLly
01-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Really how about the ones I never worked at the park.
Zone 1. Blue Streak , TurnpikeCars/Clypso., Demon Drop, Troika, Chaos, GiantWheel.
Zone 2. Cedar Downs, Peanuts Playground, IronDragon, Wildcat
Zone 3. Witches Wheel, Moster
Zone 4. Swings and Swans.

So ya most of the rides in the park I worked on.

The_Anomaly
01-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Paramount's Carowinds:

Operated: Top Gun, Thunder Road, Hurler, Cyclone, Vortex, Drop Zone, Scream Weaver, Kaleidoscope

Attended: Dodgems, FX theater, Whirling Dervish, Ricochet, Goldrusher, RRRapids, Carousel, Frenzoid, White Water Falls

kermat13
01-27-2004, 07:12 PM
At CP I worked on the railroad as fireman and engineer--even a train girl on occasion working on the platform of crossing gates. That's pretty difficult considering I'm a guy.

Steven
01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Are you trying to say you tried dressing up as a girl to be a "train girl"?

MaGnUmKeLly
01-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Hummmmm that would of looked really odd.

Hector
01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Not really, it IS Cedar Point:eek:

I'm back on Power Tower this year too!! WHEEEE!

MaGnUmKeLly
01-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Wierd is seeing me in a Camp Snoopy uniform.

kermat13
01-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Are you trying to say you tried dressing up as a girl to be a "train girl"?

No, of course not, we wore our regular uniforms.

MaGnUmKeLly
02-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Ohhhhh gotcha.

genezix
02-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Six Flags Marine World 2002-2003
=========================

Looney Tunes Seaport:
Bugs Buckaneers
Taz Typhoon (Zamperla "Lolli Swing")
Daffy's Deep Sea Diver
Roadrunner Express
Elmer's Weather Balloon Service (Zamperla "Samba Balloons")
Sylvester's Pounce & Bounce
Acme Fun Factory
Yosemite Sam's Flight School

Major Rides & Coasters:
Tazmanian Devil (Huss "Frisbee")
Dinosphere (Iwerks Turboride)
Kong (Vekoma)
Cobra (Zamperla)

Shows (As a Host/Hostess):
Ski Extreme
Sea Lions
Dolphin Show
Dive Show (Something Bellyflopping Buckaneers, can't remember)
Animal Actors
Bird Show
Wildlife Show (Smaller animals & cheeta.)
Elephant Show
Tiger Island Show

raser
02-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Not at a park but at the local fair I worked the Musicfest,(similar to alpine bobs), The Zipper*(my favorite carny ride) a few games 1. Throw the softball in the basket, Throw the Softball in the big milk container, and my favorite game to work the put a frog on a teeter totter and make him jump into a big container, I got so good at this that when the force 10 (a ride that went really fast and produced alot of wind) was running I could make the frog on Teeter 1 go in bucket 3 from the wind...Worked the Carnie for 4 years when it was here, had fun and for some reason I found girls really liked carnies (don't know why)

Chris L
02-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Not really, it IS Cedar Point:eek:

I'm back on Power Tower this year too!! WHEEEE!

I'd really like to work Power Tower some day. I don't think I would get tired of it. Too bad I live out on the West Coast. Those giant S&S complexes are so amusing to watch and to be around. I liked CP's Power Tower a lot better than Knott's Supreme Scream when I visited Summer 2002.

General Public
02-25-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm telling you, noncoaster rides are so much more fun to work at than coasters.

MaGnUmKeLly
02-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Thats the truth. I love working coasters don't get me wrong. Working Power Tower was a blast. Like when I work the red side while in controls. Thats a lot of fun. Hector I will miss working with you there. :(

Hector
02-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Yeah, Power Tower is a whole lot of fun (mostly the crew last year) and I'm excited to go back. I'm going to miss you Kelly, but you will visit many times, so it won't be as bad.;) And if I didn't LOVE working at cedar Point, I wouldn't be going for a third year all the way from here in SoCal.

To stay kinda on topic, my first summer in 2002 I worked in games, I worked almost every game along the Oceana Midway (going from the main midway to DT and WT) and back in area three AKA the Gemini Games Area. My two main games were, Gemini Speedball (guess the speed of your third pitch also found at the front of park; now it's a bank-a-ball one of the cheapest cheesiest [not in a good way either] games ever) and Gemini Top Glo (A Top Glo from Bob's Space Racer's (http://www.bobsspaceracers.com/highres1/index.html) with Classic Boomerang (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/boomerang/)cartoon prizes). That was a fun year too.

Leyna
02-25-2004, 08:54 AM
I worked at Splash Mountain at WDW summer of 2000. I worked at Alien Encounter, Astro Orbitor, Carosel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear, and Time Keeper this past summer. Of all of them, Alien Encounter was the best. Especially the cat walk part. I loved watching the people scream. AE, you will be missed.

Cid
02-26-2004, 02:37 AM
whoa its daughter_of_beast!! long time no post, welcome back!

as for me, i'm a merch man, i've posted enough of where i have worked in other threads, but my true heart lies at dragster photo.

Leyna
02-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey Cid. Yes, I'm back. Good to know I haven't been forgotten. I just started a new job at Disney which has been eating 99.9999% of my time. I'm now an official computer programmer. If you ever in the Orlando/Celebration area, look me up. :)

BryanWood
02-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Of all of them, Alien Encounter was the best. Especially the cat walk part. I loved watching the people scream. AE, you will be missed.

That would be a fun ride to work at. I only got to experience it once, it was one of my Disney favorites. It's sad that Disney is turning a truly frightening ride into a cartoon.

GAcoasterguy
02-26-2004, 02:26 PM
I worked at SFGAdv in the late 80's/early 90's:
Let's see...

Show Ops-
Great Arena (Concerts and Laser Show)
Cinema 180
Aqua Stadium
Costumed Character

Rides-
Sarajevo Bobsled (my second favorite ride to work)
Sky Ride
Enterprise (my favorite ride to work)
Calypso
Scrambler

I think there were more, but those are the ones I spent the most time at.

MaGnUmKeLly
02-26-2004, 08:17 PM
I worked at Splash Mountain at WDW summer of 2000. I worked at Alien Encounter, Astro Orbitor, Carosel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear, and Time Keeper this past summer. Of all of them, Alien Encounter was the best. Especially the cat walk part. I loved watching the people scream. AE, you will be missed.
I didn't work rides back in 2000, but I also worked down at Disney at the All Star Resort (SPORTS). I enjoyed playing down there being it was my first time down at Disney.

Princess Kimmie
03-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Okay since you asked here goes:
'01 Walt Disney World-Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, it's a small world, Haunted Mansion,Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

'02 Cedar Point-Wave Swinger/Swan Boats, CP & LE Railroad, Camp Snoopy, GCA, Midway Carousel

'03 SFWOA (now Geauga Lake)-All of Boomtown

'04 Geauga Lake- Happy Harbor

freekbat
03-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Since you asked...(big inhale)
Geauga Lake- Serial Thriller, Merry Oldies, Ice Mountain Plunge, Batman Knight Flight, and Texas Twister.
Walt Disney World- Mad Tea Party, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures, it's a small world, Peter Pan's Flight, Cinderella's Golden Carousel, Ariel's Grotto, and the Magic Kingdom Parades.
Cedar Point-Mean Streak, Power Tower, Disaster Transport, CP+LE Railroad, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, White Water Landing, Thunder Canyon, Antique Cars, Swan Boats, Wave Swinger, Magnum XL-200, Gemini, Jr. Gemini, Rock, Spin and Turn, Bumper Boats, Space Age, Frog Hopper, Woodstock Express, Tilt-a-whirl, Peanuts 500, Balloon Race, Lolli Swings, Camp Bus, Red Baron, Snoopy Bounce, Paddlewheel Excursions, Corkscrew, Chaos, Troika, Super Himalaya, Witches Wheel, Dodgem 1, Dodgem 2, Monster, Millennium Force, Mantis, Snake River Falls, Raptor, Blue Streak, Demon Drop, Midway Carousel, Cadillac Cars, Cedar Downs, Wildcat, Iron Dragon, Matterhorn, Ocean Motion, Schwabinchen, Space Spiral, Kid Arthur's Court, Kiddie Carousel, Kiddy Kars, Sir Rub-A-Dub's Tubs, 4X4's, Motorcycles, Hot Rods, Rotowhip, Police Cars, Mustangs, Old-timers, Helicopters, Dune Buggies, Sky Fighters, and the Parking Lot. (I know you're wondering, so the rides I never worked were Scrambler, the Peanuts Playground Train, Wicked Twister, and Top Thrill Dragster.)

Well, you asked.

MaGnUmKeLly
03-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Ya, i know how you feel about cedar points list there Eric. I only missing a few rides now. Glad to see that you two are back online. I can't wait to vist you guys this summer. I have a pass for GL as well as six flags and cedar point. Any guess on what they will call Batman? My aol im is the same if you ever want to chat.

Leo C
03-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Six Flags Great Adventure 1998:
The Movietown Water Effect, Musik Express, Batman & Robin: The CHILLER, AutoBahn.
I was given the chance to work @ Batman: The Ride, but was so into CHILLER @ the time. Now I wish I had given the B&M at least a day.

GiantWheel_SFKK
04-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

Team Leader:

Quake, Mile High Falls, Roller Skater, Freightfully Funny Freefalling Fire engine Number Nine (abbr. Firechief), Flying Dutchman, Thunder Run

Senior Team Leader:
Giant Wheel, Rock Wall, Thrill Karts (for only one cycle...lol)

MaGnUmKeLly
04-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Freakbat works at GL this year as well. At least that was what I heard from a friend of mine.

Alpengurl
06-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Water Country (Just the ones I worked, was trained on the whole park)

Operator: Jet Scream, Malibu Pipeline, Big Daddy Falls, H20 UFO, Meltdown, Nitro Racer, Hubba Hubba Highway, Lazy River, Peppermint Twist, Lemon Drop, Atomic Breakers, Rampage, Aquazoid

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Worked Alpengeist
Trained on Alpengeist and Oktoberfest Rides: Red Baron, Whirbelwind, Katapult, Der Autobaun, Kiddie Autobaun