PDA

View Full Version : Complaints!

genezix
02-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Ever have a gripe about something while on the job? Express it here. :devil:

I met some of the worst employees I've ever come across working at Six Flags Marine World. While I was in the host department, I was frequently designated team leader for my shift. Basically that meant I was responsible for the organization of my team while going from stadium to stadium. Of course no-one ever cooperated and even the animal trainers had to come out and complain a bunch of times because the others were not doing their jobs. They were just standing around talking almost up untill the show started.

The rides department was even worse. It started out okay, but as time wore on other employees would just kinda...skimp on things a little. For example: while operating panel at Kong (a suspended Vekoma) once, my loader decided he was going to lean on the only chain that seperates him from the train. We were running two trains at the time and (not that it's very likely, but) had that chain broken for some reason he would have gone head first into the platform and gotten run over by the next train coming into the station. So I'm standing there with an hour and a half long line unable to dispatch, trying to be subtle about motioning to him to get off the chain so I didn't make him look bad, and after about 2 minutes he finally does and gives me a dirty look.

I've also been threatened physically by an employee and all I've ever gotten from my supervisor was "It's been taken care of." Finally being faced with the inability to do my job due to the other employees not cooperating or screwing off, I quit.

EXF
02-05-2004, 06:14 PM
I know what you mean. But no matter where you work at you will always be faced with things like that. Do you know what I mean?

genezix
02-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Yeah, but I'm not putting up with that crap from guests, employees, AND supervisors for $6.90 an hour. :mad:

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2004, 12:07 AM
I had to quit Carowinds in 97 due to the fact that my ride lead was either raciest against white people or gay people. I tried to go higher up and nothing was done about it so after about a month i coulden't take it anymore so i walked out. I wasen't the only one, there were 2 other people as well. All 3 of us walked out the same day, which was funny cause there were only 4 people there to operate vortex at the time. I kind feel sorry for that girl we left there all alone. She had to be freaking out since she was a temp.

General Public
02-06-2004, 03:46 AM
I had to quit Carowinds in 97 due to the fact that my ride lead was either raciest against white people or gay people. I tried to go higher up and nothing was done about it so after about a month i coulden't take it anymore so i walked out. I wasen't the only one, there were 2 other people as well. All 3 of us walked out the same day, which was funny cause there were only 4 people there to operate vortex at the time. I kind feel sorry for that girl we left there all alone. She had to be freaking out since she was a temp.

LOL. This reminds me of the people I knew in college who were always whining about "OMG THE PROFESSOR HATES ME." No, the professor doesn't hate you, it's just that you sucked on your test. Have you considered that you weren't doing a good job? That's the #1 reason people don't get promoted, you know.

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2004, 06:52 AM
No she was raceist. She tried to get the other guy fired for sexual harassment and me for throwing the lid of a water cooler at people on RRRapids. This woman had some serious issues and i think the park finally figured it out cause when i returned next season i was told she was fired cause 10 more people complained about she was treating them like dirt. She was even quoted as saying to someone "I'am a black woman and that all you need to know"

Frank
02-06-2004, 07:41 AM
No she was raceist. She tried to get the other guy fired for sexual harassment and me for throwing the lid of a water cooler at people on RRRapids.

You must be a racist if you want to get people fired because they harass you or if they endanger guests. :rolleyes:

I've had to take a lot of crap at Six Flags, but after a while, I guess you just get used to it. The racist remarks, always being addressed with "miss" or "lady" by one of my supervisors, being screamed and cursed at by supervisors in front of guests... I guess that is just typicle about Six Flags. That might just be the main reason why I don't consider returning this season.

If you're having such serious problems at work, just leave and don't start pointing fingers, because that will only make things a lot worse for you.

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2004, 08:21 AM
No i said this girl tried to get my friend fired for harassment and me for throwing things at guest. Yes i'am racist. I'am racist against people who are racist. If they don't like me i sure as hell wont like them.

Frank
02-06-2004, 09:07 AM
You're dodging the ball. Did your friend harass anyone? Did you throw things at a guest?

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2004, 09:13 AM
My friend is gay. Why on earth would he sexually harass a woman and no i diden't throw anything at guest. If i did do you think they would ever let me work there again. I don't think so.

Frank
02-06-2004, 09:38 AM
How would management know if you did or didn't throw something at guests? Anyway, I always find it quite humoristic if someone like her starts accusting a gay guy of sexual harassment. That's just plain stupid.

The good thing here is that she got fired, and you didn't. :)

General Public
02-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Frank, you're forgetting that if you're gay, then you can obviously do no wrong.

The_Anomaly
02-06-2004, 04:13 PM
You could've just signed one of those transfer slips and moved to another ride location.

Carowinds 73-03
02-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I diden't know about that in 97. I was tired anyway the entire year was just bad. She just made it even worse. They would know if i did throw something if the guest complained to someone. At least i would complain if someone threw a water cooler cap at me. Let's move on to someone else. This entire thread has basically become about me.

Magnum Robert
02-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Yes i'am racist. I'am racist against people who are racist.
How can you be racist against those who don't necessarily belong to one particular race??? Perhaps you just discriminate against those who are racist.

Chances are there will always be someone you won't get along with on the job. i've encountered my share. I've learned to either deal with it or move on and let some other sucker put up with the crap.

Kyle L
02-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Ever have a gripe about something while on the job? Express it here. :devil:

I met some of the worst employees I've ever come across working at Six Flags Marine World. While I was in the host department, I was frequently designated team leader for my shift. Basically that meant I was responsible for the organization of my team while going from stadium to stadium. Of course no-one ever cooperated and even the animal trainers had to come out and complain a bunch of times because the others were not doing their jobs. They were just standing around talking almost up untill the show started.

The rides department was even worse. It started out okay, but as time wore on other employees would just kinda...skimp on things a little. For example: while operating panel at Kong (a suspended Vekoma) once, my loader decided he was going to lean on the only chain that seperates him from the train. We were running two trains at the time and (not that it's very likely, but) had that chain broken for some reason he would have gone head first into the platform and gotten run over by the next train coming into the station. So I'm standing there with an hour and a half long line unable to dispatch, trying to be subtle about motioning to him to get off the chain so I didn't make him look bad, and after about 2 minutes he finally does and gives me a dirty look.

I've also been threatened physically by an employee and all I've ever gotten from my supervisor was "It's been taken care of." Finally being faced with the inability to do my job due to the other employees not cooperating or screwing off, I quit.

How often do you work at Marine World? Maybe I can come and give you some relief on the job! I go to SFMW often, or at least I will (I live about 30 minutes away) So fill me in when you work, maybe I'll come by and say hi.