PDA

View Full Version : Project Swing

Valpengeist
02-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Make way for Project Swing, only my second full-size RCT1 attempt. This traditional theme park will feature four theme sections and possibly a hotel.

Here is the project logo and a screen of the entrance area, Ragtime Boulevard.

coasetrphil
02-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Cool, but I don't have RCT on my computer anymore. ;)

ride6
02-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Looks good. The style is a nice through back to some of the old Schuessler or Harakiri parks. Some of the architecture seems a bit messed up though. That build in the upper-middle area with the foot parth coming out on the balcony looks screwed up. Nice though. Everything else looks fine, from this angle anywho.

ride6

bk2004
02-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Nice too see that someones still has RCT. A lot of people dont and the ones that do probably don't play it.

Looks good though. But I dont see why you just didnt do it in RCT2 so people could actually download it and take a look at it.

Valpengeist
02-10-2004, 11:27 PM
coasterphil: Thanks for the comment. I know this won't get very much response here, but I'm hoping the RCT1-conniseurs will respond at other places.

Ride6- I see what you say about that building. I'll fix it. Thanks for the Schuessler comment- I love old school parks (Legends, Moonlight Magic, Posix's work, etc.), so a comment like that is flattering.

(BTW... I d/led Rocky Hills, and it was good for your return to RCT1. Your coasters are really great, but I do think you need to differentiate your themed areas more by separating them and focusing on one per area. Great job anyhow... and the park with the bulldozer looks cool)

bk2004: I did this in RCT1 because IMO it is a much more beautiful game. The textures are very clean, and I don't know if I could do the same in RCT2.

Personally, I have so much more fun playing RCT1. I've recently restarted playing the scenarios, and I'm having the time of my life.

I'm still pondering ideas for a solo park in RCT2... so watch out for that in the next month or so.

Thanks for the replies all.

Aaron
02-10-2004, 11:30 PM
There's some nice architecture there. It's simple, but it looks good. However, what do you mean by saying RCT1 is "more beautiful". RCT2 gives you so many more options, options that are exponentially increased with the advent of custom scenery.

Carowinds 73-03
02-11-2004, 12:05 AM
RCT 1 Is like a childs game compared to RCT 2. There are thousands more options.

ride6
02-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Accully RCT/LL is far harder to build work of high quality in. The archetecture engine is simpler to the point where you have to be creative with texture groups to get an interesting look. Hacking in RCT/LL is still a myth to me. Zero Clearences is easy, so is modifying some ride basics but otherwise it all seems impossable here. RCT2 is better only if you have lots of time.

Valp.-Thanks for the suggestions. My themed areas in Water of Civilazation (Upcoming RCT2) and Lands of Shadow (Upcoming RCT/LL) are more pronouced and seperated by water to make this easer to see.

Valpengeist
02-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Options doesn't necessarily equate to beauty.

I know RCT2 has only been out a year and a few months, but (with the exception of RoB and possibly Euroscape) I've not seen any RCT2 work that looks nearly as good as the RCT1 work that has been produced.

I agree with Ride6's comment that RCT2 is more fun if you have more time. I enjoy playing RCT2 in times like the summer when I have more time, but lately, RCT1 has become more enjoyable to me.

To each his own... :)

Oneofakind0490
02-11-2004, 06:07 PM
I love this park. It has such a great atmosphere. I wish I wa sthere in real life.
BTW I also agree RCT1 is more fun. Since I'm so bad at it I perfere to play RCT2 since I'm better. I also think it is very hard to do many things in RCT1.

The Iron Dragon
02-14-2004, 08:10 PM
It looks very nice. It's good too see someone still plays RCT1. The logo is very nice. The park looks very nice, the themeing and buildings are nice. The bulidings have nice details in them. Good Work!

Valpengeist
02-22-2004, 05:23 PM
First and foremost, thanks for all the comments, everyone.

Just to prove I'm not dead, Project Swing is coming along nicely. Work has begun on the western section, Desperado Shores, and Ragtime Boulevard, the entry section, is nearly complete.

Here's another screen of the main area of Ragtime Boulevard:

Aaron
02-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Very cheery, happy atmosphere, but get rid of the little patches of tiled path in the middle of the tarmac.

ride6
02-23-2004, 01:09 PM
I thought they said Harakiri retired... The atmoshere is very cheery and very bright. It's VERY neo-classical. I like it.

Just add some small fences around those gardens and your set.

Matt M
02-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Hello. I like how you mad the god awful trees look nice. That's a rareity. You might want to make the outside rim of the ferris wheel a different color, because it look too much like the building. Otherwise, keep building.

Ride6, change you sig dammit!