PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if you have a brain aneurysm? (Goliath issue)

scaredbutloveit
06-20-2001, 01:08 PM
How would this woman know if she had that?
<BR>Is that something your regular internist can see at a regular doctor's checkup?

Tom Zeliff
06-20-2001, 01:33 PM
Nope. I think you have to have a very expensive proceedure performed (maybe a catscan) to see if you might have one. Don't worry though...they're very rare.
<BR>
<BR>-Tom

coaster man098
06-20-2001, 01:40 PM
its rare, and if you have one your just as much in danger riding a coaster as you are sleeping or sitting

scaredbutloveit
06-20-2001, 02:26 PM
that's still very scary, how then there is no way this person would have known she had it. OR did she know??

theriddler
06-20-2001, 02:37 PM
ya hes right u have t oget a catscan i have been nervous about that too scaredbutloveit.

Tom Zeliff
06-20-2001, 02:37 PM
There is no way that she could have known that she had it. The Goliath incident will forever be just a tragic accident. No one is to blame for it. It's just random bad luck.
<BR>
<BR>-Tom

OrdinaryFool
06-20-2001, 02:52 PM
Actually Tom, I disagree. I am not a doctor, of course, but there CAN be certain warning signs of an impending rupture of an aneurysm.
<BR>
<BR>I don't remember which thread it was, but I stated previously in here that I knew a woman (the mother of a childhood friend) who complained for several months about intense headaches. Not long after that, it ruptured and threw her into a coma, and then later that night, she died. They discovered it had been aneurysm that burst.

scaredbutloveit
06-20-2001, 03:42 PM
man this is so scary!!!
<BR>I just have to remind myself of the millions and millions of people who have gone on that ride with no problem.

Kraken
06-20-2001, 04:36 PM
To put it simply, You don't.

Jim Payne
06-20-2001, 05:17 PM
The only way to find out is to have an MRI done. Some of the symptoms are frequent head aches, nausia while sitting and tension in your neck. If you have insurance, your doctor will do one if you ask. It's a very expensive procedure and sometimes they can go undetected even with the MRI. The technology is getting better, so hopefully in the future it will be a sure thing.

beltzies64
06-22-2001, 10:01 PM
Man, that does NOT sound like something I ever wanna get!