PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest Track

Pages : [1] 2

darque
03-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Yes, I know that Expedition Everest wont be open until 2006, but there ain't an area for that yet, and this couldn't wait.

I was surfing around Screamscape and I noticed something that only a loser like me (and some of you) would pick up on and found it interesting. Take a good look at the track (http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_everest_0.html), it's different from your typical Vekoma.

Now, I'm going out on a limb here, but...It's my understanding that Arrow fabricated (or whatever you engineers call it) Vekoma's track. It's also to my understanding that when Arrow was bought out, S&S basically did so just to buy all there designs, but shut down Arrow "operations", and I'm assuming, the factory too.

So what's the story here, is WDW making the track??? If not them, who.

Any other thoughts on this (and my own coolness or lack there of )???

:sun:

Kraken
03-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Vekoma has actually started using a new track style on many of their rides, and manufacture it without Arrow's help.

slipknot8527
03-03-2004, 02:22 AM
say what? Like on which rides? Or has it not happened yet?

Hector
03-03-2004, 03:35 AM
Okie Dokie at Bobbejaanland has a smilar style. As far as I know, this is the new Vekoma track going to be used on most future projects. I really lke it, it's like intamin and B&M had a baby. Let's just hope it's as smooth.

incitehawaii
03-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Wow... just... wow -----> At two different things:

1. This ride looks awesome, intense, but also family friendly. Definatly something that is bringing back the Disney image! Must be there in 2005 to ride, FOR SURE!

2. Wow Hector, your idea of the Vekoma track and what it looks like sounds a LOT like what I suggested to you last night on AIM >=)! Just kidding! It's like that crazy lady on that commercial that screams about how she would have made millions, IF ONLY she had patented her pasta pot that drains water!!

darque
03-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Well, I did some farting around on RCDB, and it was difficult to say what's going on with the new track. The only 2004 photo's that RCDB has of Vekoma is of Oki Doki (http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery2228.htm?Picture=22), but it's a Junior coaster. Regardless, even though Vekoma has used a different type of track for there Junior, it's close enough to have me convinced that they are using this new type of track.

However. Doing a little "research" into this, I found that Vekoma, with there Jr. Coaster anyhow, never seem to be consistent with the type of track they use.

Here's a similar piece of track (http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1161.htm?Picture=2) to Oki Doki, for a ride called Montanha Russa which was built in 1995. Now here's a different piece of track (http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery2540.htm?Picture=4), from a coaster, by the same name ironically enough, that was built in 1997.

These are just two examples, they've got other styles of track to.

So....what does it all mean??? AND, does any one here think that they'll be using this new track (if infact that's the new thing) for any SLC's or Boomerang's to come???

Frank
03-03-2004, 11:24 AM
It's nice to see that particular piece of track again. I got the following information on a Vekoma factory tour:

The track of Expedition Everest was custom developed for this ride by Vekoma. The wheels will be placed on the outside of the track (in contrary to the standard Vekoma rides, which have the wheels on the inside of the track) to provide a smoother ride, and the track ties itself can be placed at a variable distince from to backbone to allow for more innovative theming.

As far as I know, this technology will not be used on any of Vekoma's current ride types. It may, however, be used for the Motorbike Coaster or one of Vekoma's other new concepts.

darque
03-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Hmph.

So...you got to go on a Vekoma factory tour eh?? Lucky SOB.

:)

bk2004
03-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Wow! That track looks cool! I like it much better than a lot of others. I also like how it can be modified to fit the parks needs. Everest looks like its going to be a 21st Thunder Mtn, IMO. But it looks good! I'm excited!

coasetrphil
03-03-2004, 05:25 PM
This is very good news. The ride should be nice and smooth now that they are using this new track type.

Carowinds 73-03
03-03-2004, 06:16 PM
I like the new track. Looks better. Hopefully this will put an end to the rough rides.

bk2004
03-03-2004, 07:02 PM
That is if they use them for all of there new coasters. Let's hope!

raser
03-03-2004, 09:06 PM
The track does look good and it looks like they took what worked best for the other 2 big hitters and sliced them together...

Leo C
03-04-2004, 10:55 AM
It indeed looks like a Conan O' Brien's "If they Mated" of Intamin and B&M track. Not bad

bk2004
03-04-2004, 07:30 PM
When I first saw the track, I thought how simple it looked, but when I stared at it, I was thinking how smart it was. It was simple, but it is everything that is needed. It will make this coaster looks spiffy! Too bad its mostly going to be covered.

incitehawaii
03-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Now, I have a question, is it going to use a similar track switch like RoTM:TR to go from forwards to backwards, or is Vekoma using something completely different that Premiere? To be honest, I'm SERIOUSLY confused when it comes to EITHER of the rides and how they switch from forwards to backwards. Is anyone out there able to answer this? Thanks in advance if you can!

Frank
03-05-2004, 03:55 AM
I'm afraid you will just have to wait and see how the train will shift directions. That is, unfortunately, classified as "top secret".

bk2004
03-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Is the ride going to have new types of trains for this new type of track? And Frank, do you know what they will be?

gcut26
03-05-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm afraid you will just have to wait and see how the train will shift directions. That is, unfortunately, classified as "top secret".
I do not know where I heard this from but I heard that Disney will use LIM to reverse the trains direction. I will try to find more truth behing that.

bk2004
03-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Wait, the train is going to shift direction? From forwards to backwards or something?

G-Farce
03-06-2004, 01:01 AM
So....what does it all mean??? AND, does any one here think that they'll be using this new track (if infact that's the new thing) for any SLC's or Boomerang's to come???

The family suspendeds use similar track. Sounds like an idea that could work for them...but it would take a total redesign of the SLC train. That track is more suited for slower speed coasters or wider traind.

incitehawaii
03-06-2004, 05:51 AM
Well, I kind of figured that LIMs would be used as a propulsion to the trains, but my question was geared more towards the path the train takes. Will it reverse on a turntable, or use a switch to change tracks aka what California Screamin' does to get in and out of the station. Kinda makes you wonder... My bet is something similar if not switch track. Something along those lines... yeah :)

As for the design aspect, I really like how the engines "push" the train instead of pull it. Kind of gives it an exotic feel to the ride (not that it already DOESN'T, LOL!). I wish they would put a video of the ride out similar to TRotM:TR, but then again, Disney doesn't do that!

On a similar note, Eisner hates the new Tower at DCA :) I knew it would be a piece of crap when I saw the Howie Mandel video and realized how SHORT it was compared to WDW's. WOOHOO!

Now I just need to get back to TDR... *shiver from Tokyo Disney withdrawls*

Frank
03-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Is the ride going to have new types of trains for this new type of track? And Frank, do you know what they will be?

Yes, Vekoma has custom designed new trains for this new kind of track. The trains will feature a new restraint technology. It is highly likely that they will use the same wheel-systeem as the new MK1200 trains by Vekoma.

coasetrphil
03-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Frank, you are extremely lucky to get to know all that stuff. :)

bk2004
03-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Yes, Vekoma has custom designed new trains for this new kind of track. The trains will feature a new restraint technology. It is highly likely that they will use the same wheel-systeem as the new MK1200 trains by Vekoma.

New restraint technology? Does this mean that Vekoma is designing brand new restraints that have never been designed before, like Arrow did for X?

Knatte
03-07-2004, 01:36 PM
No, I think it will look someting along the lines of Oki Doki's new restraints.
Oki Doki restraints... (http://users.skynet.be/pretparken/bjl/foto's/bouw%20od%2002_files/Photos/bouw%20112%20(web).jpg)

bk2004
03-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Maybe, but with more than one train per car.

Knatte
03-08-2004, 05:37 PM
The cars will be 6 seaters I've heard, modified to the track...

bk2004
03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
2 to each row for a total of 6 people, right. So how many cars??

incitehawaii
03-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Track has gone vertical! Well, supports at least for the time being :). There are some new construction pictures at a variety of Disney fansites, so just surf around and see for yourself. Beautiful, :). Don't know why the track is black, but it looks nice none-the-less.

As for the number of cars *squints eyes to count* I can't tell offhand by looking at the small cars in the artist renderings. That and the number may always change from what they have planned to what comes out.

*drool drool drool*

I need Disney BAD, I don't know if I'll be able to hold off for TDR/TDL/TDS next March...

bk2004
03-13-2004, 02:07 PM
^ The track is black? I thought that it was a dark brownish color, at least that's what it looked like to be when I saw the picture of the first piece of track that went vertical.

incitehawaii
03-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Hmm, from the pictures of the vertical construction it sure looks black. But then again it could be the amount of light or because the pictures are so far away. Anyone know the actual color?? Maybe the track is dark brown and the supports are black?

bk2004
03-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh. I am confused now. We'll just have to wait and see until more track goes up.

dragster21
03-15-2004, 11:41 AM
I like the new track! It looks smooth yes i know i said that byt to me it does! this looks like it will be a fun coaster for all ages!

darque
03-15-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm thinking this ride is going to be a little more Hardcore then your standard WDW ride.

bk2004
03-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, with the big mountain and the train reversing orders, it will be reall cool! Glad to see something worth wile coming to AK...finally!

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-15-2004, 04:11 PM
The track is brown, and yes i think it does look alot more smoother. We will have to wait and see, cant wait to ride it!

bk2004
03-15-2004, 04:16 PM
I knew it was! ^ ;)

coasetrphil
03-15-2004, 05:12 PM
I don't really think this is going to be a "family" ride.

bk2004
03-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Same here!^

I think it will be more along the line like Space Mtn & Big Thunder Mtn clashing togater, IMO.

darque
03-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Seems like WDW is starting to cater to a larger audience.

incitehawaii
03-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Uhm, WDW always HAS catered to a larger audience. I mean, wouldn't that explain Dinosaur, Rock & Rollercoaster, TOT, Mission: Space, Test Track, and so on?

Albeit the coasters are getting broader, but I always thought Disney, no matter what resort, had something for everyone.

darque
03-16-2004, 11:31 AM
It's really only been in the last couple years that the rides there have become more extreme. Space Mountain....Thunder Mountain....although these rides are a notch above the typical WDW Family Fun Ride, you still didn't need the same number of barf bags that we are seeing in the more recent years. IMO, although fun, I wouldn't classify these earlier rides as "hardcore" rides, maybe that's just me my own personal bar...

Try this on, WDW seems to be pushing the ride envelope a little further with each ride, thus hoping to entice more of the extreme riders with a larger-then-in-the-past variety of extreme rides.

P.S. Before anyone starts getting overly critical, I'm not putting down WDW rides for not being fun, because I do love that place. I'm saying that there not typically as "hardcore" as your typical Six Flags/Paramount/Cedar Fair coaster....which is not a bad thing. That's all, please don't get all Goofy by letting your Mickey Ears go outta joint for the views expressed here which in no way reflect those of Thrillnetwork, it's affiliates of its users.

GAcoasterguy
03-16-2004, 12:52 PM
It's really only been in the last couple years that the rides there have become more extreme. Space Mountain....Thunder Mountain....although these rides are a notch above the typical WDW Family Fun Ride, you still didn't need the same number of barf bags that we are seeing in the more recent years. IMO, although fun, I wouldn't classify these earlier rides as "hardcore" rides, maybe that's just me my own personal bar...

Try this on, WDW seems to be pushing the ride envelope a little further with each ride, thus hoping to entice more of the extreme riders with a larger-then-in-the-past variety of extreme rides.

P.S. Before anyone starts getting overly critical, I'm not putting down WDW rides for not being fun, because I do love that place. I'm saying that there not typically as "hardcore" as your typical Six Flags/Paramount/Cedar Fair coaster....which is not a bad thing. That's all, please don't get all Goofy by letting your Mickey Ears go outta joint for the views expressed here which in no way reflect those of Thrillnetwork, it's affiliates of its users.

You are right, they are trying to appeal to all members of the family, and more and more people are looking for thrills. At the same time, keep in mind that the original Space Mountain opened in 1975, and Big Thunder in 1980. With Disney's long design process for rides, they were state of the art thrill rides when they were designed and even after they were opened. For many years most people thought Space Mountain was the most thrilling roller coaster ever built. That's now a 30 year old ride...most of the coasters that opened around the same time are long gone, but SM is still a very popular ride. The Disney coasters are rides for the whole family...so the little kids, the parents and even the grandparents can enjoy them together.

Disney has learned from Universal and Busch and Six Flags that thrills sell, and they need to expand their market or they lose the teen/adult audience to the other attractions.

darque
03-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Yep, you said it better then I could.

Again, I realize that Space Mountain was/is considered a thrilling ride, but the same Grand-person who might dare Space Mountain, wouldn't necessarily ride Mission Space or Tower of Terror.

GAcoasterguy
03-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Yep, you said it better then I could.

Again, I realize that Space Mountain was/is considered a thrilling ride, but the same Grand-person who might dare Space Mountain, wouldn't necessarily ride Mission Space or Tower of Terror.

No, they'd risk a coronary...but they could ride SM or BTM without a problem, and the grandkids can ride with them and not be too scared.

coasetrphil
03-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Space Mountain was the only ride eveyone in my extended family that was tall enough, went on, so it definitely caters to a very wide group of riders.

incitehawaii
03-18-2004, 12:54 AM
Yes, but this isn't going to be on the lower spectrum of coasters that the "entire" family will be able to enjoy, IMO. Honestly I think it'll be a 48" height requirement, just from designs and descriptions. Albeit, it WILL cater to the family, I just think it'll be a little more extreme than Disney's standard coasters. Think Indy versus Big Thunder. You have one which the whole family can enjoy (BTMR) and the other which only (albeit a BROAD spectrum) the braver will want to enjoy (Indy). Also, I think it knocks the younger riders off with the whole Abomidable Snowman theme as well. Not too child friendly. I know the one in the Matterhorn (ones??) scare little kids! But then again, my $0.02.

darque
03-18-2004, 07:48 AM
^ Time will answer this one, and they're aiming for a height limit of 42".

bk2004
03-18-2004, 04:51 PM
I think the theming will have to do a lot with it and the Abomidable Snowman. If they say there is one in the mountain, but never show one, than I think it will be alright. But if they hid a couple of them that were mechanical and it was 'chasing you' then it would be more scarier for wee ones, IMO.

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Latest picture taken today... Track seems to be going up at a decent pace...

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Some supports about to go up....

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-21-2004, 02:06 AM
Close up of the new Vekoma track.

intamin101
03-21-2004, 02:17 AM
That turn looks incredibly smooth... Very nice. It seems like that design of the new track has been taken from intamin track... wouldn't you say?

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-21-2004, 02:20 AM
I was looking at it and it almost does have a touch of Intamin to it... Hopefully it will be as smooth as one... But yes, that turn does look smooth.

Marc
03-21-2004, 08:06 AM
I guess it will be smooth. The weight of the trains, the flexibility of the supports, wheel assemblies, and maintenacne have impact on the smoothness. Only time will tell on how smooth it will end up being.

The transition on that curve doesn't look as impressive as Intamin did on Millennium Force. Pic1 (http://www.guidetothepoint.com/gallery/img.asp?img=h-mfconst341.jpg) Pic2 (http://www.guidetothepoint.com/gallery/img.asp?img=h-mfconst333.jpg)
The difference in speed at that point will probably make up for the difference since that appears to be a somewhat slower section. It looks far from a rough coaster, but looks don't mean much.

darque
03-21-2004, 08:11 AM
To bad it's going to take another full year before it's ready. Hopefully by then I'll be able to afford a trip to WDW.

bk2004
03-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Wow, they've been working on that at a good pace! A lot has been done since the last photo update. Looka good too.

incitehawaii
03-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Nice shots Dr. Banner! It looks like they're speeding through vertical construction. Typical of Disney ^_^. I know for the most part the majority of construction is in the themeing and tweaking everything to be "just right". I can't wait until the mountain fabrication goes up. Watching GRR at DCA go up was awesome, but this, this is going to be MUCH better! *drool*

coasetrphil
03-21-2004, 05:53 PM
That turn looks like it will be very cool.

bk2004
03-21-2004, 07:19 PM
How tall is the mountain supposed to be exactly?

Dr.Bruce Banner
03-21-2004, 09:47 PM
How tall is the mountain supposed to be exactly?The mountain is going to be 200ft high.

slipknot8527
03-22-2004, 02:25 AM
ho hum...I'm beginning to be less and less impressed....

incitehawaii
03-22-2004, 02:30 AM
ho hum...I'm beginning to be less and less impressed....
Why's that? Honestly for me, everytime something new pops up about this ride I get more and more excited.

Bigger isn't always better, and I'm looking more towards the entire ride experience (eg: themeing, music, blah blah blah) than the "coaster" itself.

coasetrphil
03-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Slipknot is what I like to refer to as an enthusiass. ;)

bk2004
03-22-2004, 09:05 PM
200ft, eh. That's going to be pretty tall and I think will turn the Animal Kingdom around into a thrill park like they have done with virtually all the other parks! :) I think it will become the unnoficial icon of the park, being after the huge tree.

Bencerisback
03-24-2004, 10:52 PM
they should throw in an inversion to throw everyone off and as a surprise for the little ones....

hey you know you would like it. Also how high is the highest drop proposed to be and what are the stats and that crap

incitehawaii
03-25-2004, 12:44 PM
bEnCeRiSbACk, I would love a loop, honestly, I would ;).

I have no idea about the stats... I've just spent the last two hours scouring the internet for information on EE's stats per request, and ANY information on this rumored (with construction already started!!) Indy coaster at TDS... Geeze, you'd think they would post the stats along with the press release like any other company... But then again, they aren't "any other company", they're Disney, and we all know how they like to keep secrets on their rides. *grumbles*

Okay, nil the information search, I looked up the wrong named (stupid typos!!) at RCDB. The listed stats for the ride: Max height of 112', with a max drop of 80', no inversions, and it hits a max speed of 50 MPH. Not bad. C&P of the RCDB ride description:

"This will become the largest ride in Walt Disney World at a Cost of $100 million (USD).

The ride will travel both forwards and backwards.

The height of the attraction is said to be nearly 200 feet. This is probably referring to the height of the mountain and not the height of the track contained within.

The Expedition Everest will be the first ride to use Vekoma's newest track system. Rather than the rails be on the inside of the ties, they will be on the outside. To date Vekoma has only used this system on their smaller roller coasters. This will be the first large scale installation of such a system."

Hope that helps! Although... I doubt the 112' and 80' figures... it just doesn't make sense to waste almost 90 feet of space, unless there's not enough room to shove the thing, LOL. Hmm... makes you think, doesn't it?

bk2004
03-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it does make me think. This coaster has to have something up it's sleave to cost a million bucks! I mean, that's another Mission: Space!! :eek:

I haven't been to the Animal Kingdome before, but I will have to go now for this coaster!

SFOG Freak
03-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah, it does make me think. This coaster has to have something up it's sleave to cost a million bucks! I mean, that's another Mission: Space!! :eek:

I haven't been to the Animal Kingdome before, but I will have to go now for this coaster!

I think it costs a little more than a "million bucks".

bk2004
03-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Oops, I didnt type one *hundred* million in! ;) :eek:

slipknot8527
03-26-2004, 07:57 AM
I just wish Disney could break that "Magic" 200 ft barrier...

bk2004
03-26-2004, 10:12 AM
^Yeah, that would be nice, but I doubt that they will for a long time, if ever! :rolleyes:

incitehawaii
03-26-2004, 10:21 AM
LOL, well, if you go buy WDW's listing for Tower of Terror, it misses the ride height 200 feet by one foot ;). But we all know that it's only a "130 foot drop" *rolls eyes*.

I don't care if they ever hit over 200. Heck, I go to Disney parks to escape from the real life. I can always ride crap over 200 feet during this summer at work.

bk2004
03-26-2004, 10:43 AM
That's so true. But imagine a 200 ft coaster inclosed in a 230ft. building! Now that would be a site! :rolleyes:

Save disney for the good rides, and leave the other amusement parks to add the hyper's.

sk8boardbob2
03-28-2004, 01:23 PM
What kind of coaster costs 100million dollars?

Knatte
03-28-2004, 02:18 PM
A mine train coaster, but you're forgetting that they're building an artificial mountin to theme this ride and when Disney want to theme something they do it all they way (when they want to) which can make the price skyrocket pretty quickly.

bk2004
03-28-2004, 03:32 PM
And you can thank new technology too. More and more themeing is being produced with a higher sufficiancy of technology wich of course makes the price of it skyrocket due to it, but it's worth it.

Brian P
03-28-2004, 03:42 PM
100 million is ALOT of money for a coaster :) I'm sure the special effects and technology will be awesome, but it's still a large hunk of $$. Just think, you could buy FOUR MF"s or TTD's with 100 million :) . I still have doubts about this rides performance, given its a Vekoma Prototype, but I guess we'll see when it opens!

bk2004
03-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Well it seems that Disney isn't chancing anything by their standards. They have given Vekoma a chance and they have come through, so why not go back to them? I see Vekoma as a B&M to Disney.

Knatte
03-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Wasn't Spiderman's Amazing Adventure a 100 million dollar class ride and it's not even a roller coaster?

darque
03-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Well it seems that Disney isn't chancing anything by their standards. They have given Vekoma a chance and they have come through, so why not go back to them? I see Vekoma as a B&M to Disney.

You made me realize something. The two companies that most people hate due to their roughness (Vekoma and Arrow) are the ones that have worked the closest with WD out of all the other big(ger and better) coaster companies.

I don't really have a point with that, just <ahem> pointing it out. <shrug>

$100 Million is quite a bit of money, I think we can expect at the very least to see Dr. Evil laughing sometime during the ride. ;)

coasetrphil
03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
I think it is because Vekoma and Arrow allow Disney to do what they want, but B&M reportedly like to have a lot of control over their designs.

sk8boardbob2
03-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Spider-MAn cost alot because it's like a 6 acre ride with alot and I mean alot of special effects.

bk2004
03-31-2004, 06:51 PM
To Disney though, $100 million isn't that much. To a normal sized theme-park, it is. And also, the GP thinks that isn't much either because they are used to Disney forking out the money and investing it into their rides like this.

incitehawaii
03-31-2004, 08:14 PM
You made me realize something. The two companies that most people hate due to their roughness (Vekoma and Arrow) are the ones that have worked the closest with WD out of all the other big(ger and better) coaster companies.
I've never really had anything but smooth rides on all of the Disney coasters that I have been on, to be honest. The only SLIGHTLY roungh ride would be the Tomorrowland side of the Matterhorn. TDL's and DL's Space Mountain and Big Thunder have always been smooth as glass for me ^_^. Can't really comment on WDW 'cause I don't remember much of my visit (was about the age you believed Disney was real).

Doesn't matter who makes the coaster though, Disney has never gone wrong with building them. Every single one has been very popular including California Screamin' (even though DCA isn't too popular) and Intamin.

bk2004
03-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Isn't that weird to know that all of the coasters that Arrow & Vekoma have made for Disney are smooth, but most of their coasters at other parks aren't. I guess they give more effort to Disney, which shouldn't happen.

GAcoasterguy
03-31-2004, 11:03 PM
Part of that may be that they are so slow...the max speed on all the mountains is under 35 miles an hour (most are closer to 25). They may be just as rough as other Vekomas and Arrows, but when taken at low speed you just don't feel it the same way. The fast ones (RNR, SM-DLP, Indiana Jones-DLP) are pretty much Vekoma run of the mill (lack of) smoothness. I found Rock-N-Roller coaster to be rough (although a little less rough than most other Vekomas I've been on).

Frank
04-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Isn't that weird to know that all of the coasters that Arrow & Vekoma have made for Disney are smooth, but most of their coasters at other parks aren't. I guess they give more effort to Disney, which shouldn't happen.

You might want to take into account the fact that Disney's trains are two or three times as expensive as the standard Vekoma trains.

If you pay more, you get more.

bk2004
04-01-2004, 04:18 PM
That's true. I guess Dinsey does put more money into their trains for their coasters, but it's not like they come up with a whole new train just for them, did/do they? Wouldn't the base trains be the same as the ones today, just dolled up with theming?

darque
04-01-2004, 11:39 PM
^ I'd think that Vekoma used the finical opportunity to develop new trains that they'll see along with any other new rides that come down the pipeline.

coasterz44
04-16-2004, 11:28 AM
For anyone that lives in Central Florida, Local 6 News @ 5 will be doing a "Special In-Depth" report on this ride this evening. I'm not sure how much more they're going to tell us about this ride, but the comercials show a lot of pictures of the track being built and stuff. So tune in if you can, it might be good.

darque
04-16-2004, 07:54 PM
^ would be nice if you could post some of the info...

bk2004
04-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Maybe they might have an aritcle on it on the channel's website, whatever it is. Most of the time they always have an article on it too as long as air time on television.

coasterz44
04-17-2004, 03:38 PM
I couldn't post any more info because I only saw a commercial for it, and I was out all day with my girlfriend, so I couldn't watch it. I posted it here to see if anyone else could watch it, and post some info, but I guess that didn't happen... and I couldn't find anything on the website.

bk2004
04-17-2004, 06:25 PM
There is some updated construction pictures of the ride over at Screamscape. Check them out. The progress is coming along very well I think.

CoasterGuy210
04-23-2004, 10:27 PM
i was at Animal Kingdom last weekend and construction does look like it is progressing quit well. The track looks great! I wonder when they are going ot satrat building the mountain up around it?

Last Arch Angel
04-23-2004, 10:30 PM
There is some updated construction pictures of the ride over at Screamscape. Check them out. The progress is coming along very well I think.
http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/ak4.21

GAcoasterguy
04-24-2004, 12:38 AM
The crane they have onsite is HUGE! I can't wait to see this really start taking shape. It looks like they'll build the ride before they start construction on the mountain around it, which will kind of take away some of the surprise of riding for the first time...still it will be fun to watch as they build.

bk2004
04-24-2004, 01:44 AM
^ I can't wait to start to see the mountain being constructed! It's going to be HUGE!

CoasterGuy210
04-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Well it should be huge seeing as it is Mt. Everest mountain. Anyways I head Animal Kingdom was going to do a soft unannounced opening in late 2005 and then have the grand opening in 2006. I just wondered if this owas true or have you any of you heard this before?

bk2004
04-24-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm sure it is since most large coaters like this do have a soft opening, but that is so far away that it could be delayed or be finished early, so we'll just have to see and wait.

Andrew W
04-27-2004, 01:33 AM
FYI, the mountain is to be 199' tall, it can't be 200' tall or it would need airplane warning lights as regulated by FL rules...that's also the reason TOT is 199' tall. By looking at the pics, I'd say the tallest supports only raise about 100'-120' tall. This thing has a LONG way to go before it reaches its maxamium height. The real interesting thing will be seeing how high up the mountain the track goes.

Dan G
05-01-2004, 01:43 AM
I know Disney is rich but where the heck are they getting all this money?! LOL First Mission Space, Tower of Terror, and now this AND the new Soarin' along with the other stuff that's going on. It's just amazing how much they have been putting in these parks. Now, I can't see this coaster itself coming to 100 million, it's definetly the mountain and whatever themeing they are putting into it...But, as of now, it's looking great! I haven't been to WDW since 1997 and then Animal Kingdom was just being built which was a sight to see at the top of the slides at Blizzard Beach...And I thought that tree was huge, but next time I come back there I'll probably be seeing that huge moutain. I was hoping to go this summer, but I'll most likely be driving/flying with my family there in 2006. Me and my other two cousins graduate in 2007 which is a year after I went there last, so maybe we'll go there again. Who knows, I just want to go back there to experience all the stuff that has been added since the last time I been there.

This ride is looking SWWEEEETTTT!

P.S. 100 POSTs!

Khartoum
07-03-2004, 05:38 AM
Yeah this ride is looking mad...but does anyone have any idea of what the theming will be like inside? Is it just going to be the inside of a mountain? Or have elements of a dark ride, with big snow balls or rocks tumbling after you and seeing skeletons of people who have died while trying to reach the top of the Everest buried amongst the rock?

Moronbarf
07-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Revenge of the mummy is better, i can already tell. I mean, Disney coasters are kiddie rides in disguise. The only ones that arn't is California Screamin' and Rock N' Roller COaster, and those arnt even that wild. TO go backwords, the trains on ROTM use LIMs and a switch track thingy. I expect Everest to use that too. The special effents on this ride will probably be lame, since this is a family caoster.

some track (http://rcdb.com/installationgallery1094.htm?Picture=4) like EE's. This is another vekoma coaster called Megablitz

for a good view of EE< go to the top of Mt. Gushmore (at blizzard beach) and go to teamboat springs (the family raft). In line, there is an awesome view of the construction.

MOD EDIT: Please use the edit button, I just merged three of your posts together.

Forrest Gump
07-03-2004, 05:02 PM
So what statistics have been released on this ride? All I hear is 2006 and Vekoma...

edh101985
07-03-2004, 05:16 PM
http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail2389.htm

Statistics
Height (feet): 112'
Drop (feet): 80'
Inversions: 0
Speed (mph): 50

This will become the largest ride in Walt Disney World at a Cost of $100 million (USD).

The ride will travel both forwards and backwards.

The height of the attraction is said to be nearly 200 feet. This is probably referring to the height of the mountain and not the height of the track contained within.

The Expedition Everest will be the first ride to use Vekoma's newest track system. Rather than the rails be on the inside of the ties, they will be on the outside. To date Vekoma has only used this system on their smaller roller coasters. This will be the first large scale installation of such a system.

coaster_kid89
07-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Also this track system is alowed to have the track move ay from the spine(see pic.)
BTW, moronbarf that is not the same. The new track is a T.

Moronbarf
07-04-2004, 01:19 PM
I kno coaster kid, i said it was LIKE EE's. But whutever.

RoadRail
07-04-2004, 03:14 PM
I know this is wishful thinking, but wouldnt it be cool if it just used a tall spike track to reverse the trains direction? Disney has the ultimate element of suprise by doing this - the first half of the ride goes along at it's 50mph pace or whatever the speeds may be, but then use LIM's to lift the train up the spike (like the Six Flags Mr. Freeze coaster) to a height of lets say...180ft? The second half of the ride will be at a higher speed, possibly themed with the concept of escaping a crumbling mountain, etc? I know this is unlikely, but I personally hope it's something along those lines! Maybe they will use a see-saw track on the drop! :)

CoasterCuravo
07-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I just posted a new photo of the construction in the construction database at CoasterFlood (http://www.coasterflood.com) if anyone is interested.

Shaun Rajewski
07-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Why does CoasterFlood resemble the layout to ThrillNetwork so much?

Matt M
07-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Because they're copying the best! :)

Montu Man
07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Vekoma Stole B&M track!!! http://rcdb.com/installationgallery2747.htm?Picture=7
That's Vekomas new Boosterbike coaster that just opened this month.

Natelox
07-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Actually, if you look at the spine of the track you'll notice it's tubular. B&M's track is much more square, as seen here (http://rcdb.com/installationgallery94.htm?Picture=11). Vekoma changed their track to improve smoothness. As for Expedition Everest, they changed their track again. I think the reason for this type of track was to allow for themeing, or something like that.

Montu Man
07-15-2004, 08:56 PM
That's true, but still, it resembles the B&M track a lot.

slipknot8527
07-16-2004, 05:21 AM
As long as Koma keeps having that 3 inch gap between their wheels and the track, their rides will never be smooth.

Montu Man
07-16-2004, 12:00 PM
How do you know that there is a 3 inch gap between the wheels and track?

GAcoasterguy
07-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Elissa gives a demonstration of Vekoma's engineering skills in the 12th picture down...http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfog02/2ndday/sfog2.htm

Montu Man
07-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Thats not the track that's the thingy that holds the wheels together. At least that's what it looks like from the pic.

Montu Man
11-12-2004, 11:21 PM
ANything new? There's been no new posts in this thread for like four months.

Knatte
11-13-2004, 06:55 AM
http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.asp?attraction=everest&location=ak&type=Overview&sub=Construction
Lifthill in place and work on covering the steel construction with mountain theming continues.

HPStormRunner22
11-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Looks good. I want to get down to Orlando in 2006 or 2007 to ride this and visit the other Orlando parks.

Carowinds 73-03
11-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Man i just wanted to say that the construction was a wonderfull sight to see while in Animal Kingdom last week. They even let you walk right by the construction site. I took tons of photos but now i don't think there is a need to post them here.

Johnny Upsidedown
11-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi everybody and those that are nobodies.
I stopped in at WDW Animal Kingdom to get some photos of the construction. The construction is moving along rather quick. Some of the photos you will see that they are putting the outer stucco on the mountain. So this is the general shape of the mountain. It is very large and you will be able to see it from all over the park when it is done. To see some construction photos from this morning go below.
http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2006.html

Hector
11-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Awesome pics, Thanks. I can't wait for this to open, It actually looks like a decent coaster and ride.

bk2004
11-18-2004, 10:00 PM
It actually looks like a decent coaster and ride.

It does, doesn't it?

The pictures do look good! Thanks for the updates!
----

Will the ride come out of the mountain, or will the mountain fully enclose it?

Dan G
11-18-2004, 10:19 PM
They've really come a long way in 8 months...I wonder why this thing is planned to open in 2006, it seems like at this pace they could finish before that. Is there something planned on this coaster that I don't know about that is going to eat up another year once the structure is complete. I mean, if they got this far in a year, I guarantee the ride could be finished this time next year. But that's just my thought. Does anyone know exactly why it's opening in 2006?

Montu Man
11-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Their going to slow down construction, trust me.

Hector
11-18-2004, 11:47 PM
bk2004, there will be an outdoor section, mainly the lift and this drop (http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/files/new/2006/eve8.jpg).

EastCoastn07, Disney always takes a long time to fine tune their rides. Their will be some "dark ride" elements in side the mountain, so that will take a few months there. ToT (DCA) opened 11 months AFTER exterior construction was done.

Johnny Upsidedown
11-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the complements on my pics Hector its allways appreciated. Some other info about the ride. Yes the main drop will be the turn drop you see out the front of the mountain. Also there are sections on the ride that you go forward and backward. I would think that the coaster will travers out the back side of the mountain also. The ride is themed to a run away rail car. And there will probably be a story along the ride. Where snowmen will chase you and stuff. Think like the new mummy ride. This thing should be a fun expereince. One of the photos you can see the lift hill goes up about 3/4 of the way up the mountain. http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/files/new/2006/eve6.jpg
Look to the left side of pic and down about 3/4's you can just make out the curve of the top of the lift.
I did some checking must see below.

Also to see more of the track and what the ride will do, go below!!!!!
Layout (http://www.orlandorocks.com/full_photo.asp?fname=ak_ee_7_18_2004%20(17).jpg&caption=Expedition%20Everest%20construction%20site .%20%207/18/04)
also
back of the mountain (http://www.orlandorocks.com/full_photo.asp?fname=ak_ee_7_12_2004b%20(8).jpg&caption=Expedition%20Everest%20construction%20site .%20%207/18/04)
These two photos are from a website that has over 200 construction photos from the begining. Go below for all the photos.

Constrution WDW section. (http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.asp?attraction=everest&location=ak&type=Overview&sub=Construction)
or
http://www.orlandorocks.com
J

magnumxl2005
11-19-2004, 06:32 PM
WOW that looks awsome!

Montu Man
11-20-2004, 05:17 PM
This will be fun, but when it opens, I bet it still won't be able to compare with the Mummy.

rlrcstrfreak
11-22-2004, 12:55 AM
OH! I believe it will be way better than the Mummy! I mean look, it has a huge drop compared, and is way faster, and taller, and................ well you get the point, I believe that it will be themed better too. I connot wait! this ride looks very nice!

hulkrider04
11-22-2004, 04:47 PM
OH! I believe it will be way better than the Mummy! I mean look, it has a huge drop compared, and is way faster, and taller, and................ well you get the point, I believe that it will be themed better too. I connot wait! this ride looks very nice!EE is a coaster while ROTM is a 3min ride and 45 sec coaster

Carowinds 73-03
11-28-2004, 08:17 PM
But Mummy is awsome in it's own right. I too can not wait for this to open, it looked very cool when i visited a few weeks ago and i'm dying to see what this will look like completed. I'll have a reason to go to Animal Kingdom for my next visit so thats good.

I did go to AK on my first trip but only rode Primevil Whirl & watched Tarzan Rocks. After that i was pretty boared with that park.

rlrcstrfreak
12-01-2004, 12:04 AM
EE is a coaster while ROTM is a 3min ride and 45 sec coaster
eh....... yes, I was just comparing them.

Michael C
12-01-2004, 06:27 PM
it's about time they add a coaster to Animal Kindom. now if we can only get one into EPCOT will be set.

rlrcstrfreak
12-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Dude Honestly, Epcot should have a Nice future type coaster.

slipknot8527
12-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Waiting for a world class coaster from Disney is like waiting for a live action Pixar movie.

rlrcstrfreak
12-01-2004, 08:25 PM
If I am correct isnt that new movie out an action movie by Pixar called The Incredibles

Hector
12-01-2004, 08:28 PM
^ That would still be very good Computer generated Images

^^ all I have to do is point to California Screamin'. I also hear Big Thunder Mountain in Paris is a very excellent coaster as well.

iluvcoasters
12-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Ach, I'm going to disney world on april 14 that year, I hope they have it open by then, if not I will be very mad because I don't get there too often.

Montu Man
12-23-2004, 05:25 PM
For an Epcot coaster, they should add an Intamin Rocket taller and faster then Kingda Ka, have the inversions of SR, and have the turns of Xcelerator.

Anyways, does anyone have some recent pics besides the ones on Orlando Rocks and Screamscape?

slipknot8527
12-23-2004, 05:27 PM
If I am correct isnt that new movie out an action movie by Pixar called The Incredibles

No, a "live" action, as in real people......as in it won't ever happen.

iluvcoasters
12-24-2004, 10:53 AM
For an Epcot coaster, they should add an Intamin Rocket taller and faster then Kingda Ka, have the inversions of SR, and have the turns of Xcelerator.

too bad they can't do that. There is a 200 foot height limit in florida.

Montu Man
12-24-2004, 11:26 AM
No, they can build above it. They just have to put a big light on top. But, they wouldn't want to do that because it would ruin the image. That's why ToT and Dr. Doom are 199 ft. tall.

hulkrider04
12-24-2004, 12:52 PM
i know this wont happen but i thought it would be sweet if IOA put a record breaking rocket on the lake in the middle of the park.

pipesdrums
01-15-2005, 03:17 AM
I don't think that lake/pond is quite big enough for that..

Johnny Upsidedown
01-15-2005, 05:14 AM
Get over it there is no 200 foot limit in Florida.
This is the oldest dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Anybody hear of the the 300 foot skycoaster in Kississimmee Floridia.
J

CPdude05
01-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Look Johnny, the Michigander found something.

Note, there's a reason why the Tower of Terror was built to be 199 feet tall. Florida state law requires an aircraft beacon on all structures that exceed a total height of 200 feet or more. By coming in under the 200 foot limit, the Disney imagineers avoided having to put a large red flashing light on top of the Tower of Terror, which they felt would have detracted from the look of the building.

That was from this page: http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/tztot.htm

imhotep
01-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Look Johnny, the Michigander found something.

Florida state law requires an aircraft beacon on all structures that exceed a total height of 200 feet or more.

It just says it needs a beacon, doesnt mean it cannot be above 200 ft.

Fearing the beacon would ruin the asthetics of TOT, they kept right under the limit. Thats all the article is saying.

hulkrider04
01-15-2005, 04:25 PM
they kept right under the limit.
Ya, we know that. This was just proof that there is no limit.(You only have the put a beacon if it is over 200ft)

CPdude05
01-15-2005, 04:46 PM
But technically, there is a 200 foot height limit, but you have to put a beacon on something over 200 feet. Hmm...I have a feeling that Expedition: Everest will be 199 feet also. An aircraft beacon on top of a mountain would look pretty funny.....

Carowinds 73-03
01-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Any recent construction pics around? I would like to know how the ride is coming along but mainly i want to know if it will be complete in time for my next Disney trip this year.

Ryan F
01-15-2005, 11:21 PM
opening 2006, so i highly doubt it

Carowinds 73-03
01-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Have they givin a date in 2006. I'll be at the park Dec 15th-18th this year. Maybe it will open early that is if it's scheduled to open jan 2006.

Ryan F
01-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it was spring 06, as thats when the big crowds start, and the ride will have had time to run for a few months before the summer. I could be wrong though

Carowinds 73-03
01-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Well that bites. I guess i'll have to plan another trip in 2006.

Just think. This time last year i never had any desire to visit WDW but after my first ever trip last Nov i have been hooked. I'll be going again this Dec and now it looks like i'll have to plan another trip in 2006.

Just hopeing they would be working fast and open it early i guess. I'm not even sure how constructios is going, I looked and Orlandorocks.com and the laupdate they had was Nov 6th and that was the date i was there.

Montu Man
03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
WTH?!
http://www.rcdb.com/ig2389.htm?picture=30
If those are the cars, they look screwed up. Is it supposed to be a train? It looks like only 2 of the cars have that weird thing sticking out of the back.

Martin
03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Yes, they are supposed to be trains. The compartments in back of those two cars are there because those are most likely the two first cars.

Ryan F
03-06-2005, 02:23 PM
If you actually looked at the concept art for this ride you would've noticed a long time ago that these "mine" trains are taking a different direction in their looks. The "engine" is placed at the rear of the train so evervybody has the same view.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_everest_13.htm
kinda hard to see, but look at the train going up the lift.

sfft_2108
03-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Woah! That is a new and original design. I kinda looks funny.

Martin
03-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Woah! That is a new and original design. I kinda looks funny.
From www.rcdb.com (http://www.rcdb.com):
"This will become the largest ride in Walt Disney World at a cost of $100 million (USD). The ride will travel both forwards and backwards. The height of the attraction is said to be nearly 200 feet. This is probably referring to the height of the mountain and not the height of the track contained within. The Expedition Everest will be the first ride to use Vekoma's newest track system. Rather than the rails be on the inside of the ties, they will be on the outside. To date Vekoma has only used this system on their smaller roller coasters. This will be the first large scale installation of such a system."

Just have to love Vekoma.

Ryan F
03-06-2005, 02:42 PM
I think he was talking about the trains, not the ride design.

slnewbus
03-06-2005, 02:50 PM
100 million! jesus, thats expensive. Steel force only cost 10 million. the dragster only cost 25 million.

Dan G
03-06-2005, 10:48 PM
WTH?!
http://www.rcdb.com/ig2389.htm?picture=30
If those are the cars, they look screwed up. Is it supposed to be a train? It looks like only 2 of the cars have that weird thing sticking out of the back.

Obviously the back is supposed to be the caboose of the train...If you look at the top left, you can see what is probably the front train which looks like a normal train front. The trains have a pretty sweet design. :D

bk2004
03-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Those trains look wicked awesome. I love the individual seats and the lap bars. The back of them are kinda weird, but it just adds more to the theme. It's going to be weird seeing it flying around the track with the rest of the train lol.

Carowinds 73-03
03-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Very cool. The trains look pretty awsome or atleast the rear train does. I'm guessing the front will look something like BTMR since thats they way their themeing the trains.

Hopefull more pics of the trains will be up shortly.

James
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Obviously the back is supposed to be the caboose of the train...If you look at the top left, you can see what is probably the front train which looks like a normal train front. The trains have a pretty sweet design. :D
Obviously you know the trains are themed to be "pushed" my the engine...
http://www.shortcourses.com/how/printers/cog_railroad.JPG
Much like that....

Daishi
03-07-2005, 04:45 AM
100 million! jesus, thats expensive. Steel force only cost 10 million. the dragster only cost 25 million.
True, True, but the $100 million does include the cost of shipping Mount Everest from the Himalayas.

Ryan F
03-07-2005, 07:26 AM
^that better have been sarcasm

And, there is no engine on the front of the train like Big Thunder. Did you not look at the concept art? The back car is the engine. The train's design is supposed to be one long engine, and the cab of it is at the back.

Real
03-07-2005, 09:40 AM
I hope they look better once they are themed out. I would expect to see alot of wear marks on them, possibly more artwork period on them. Design looks cool, but still in a rather bland stage.

hulkrider04
03-07-2005, 02:55 PM
WOW, those look screwed up!!!!!!

Bencerisback
03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
lol, those are some sweet lapbars, i hope they stay that same silver/chrome color

Montu Man
03-09-2005, 08:29 PM
The picture is gone! It's not on rcdb anymore! Did anybody save it? I wanna look at it again!

EDIT: I emailed the webmaster of rcdb, and he said that he just found out he wasn't allowed to post the pics. So.. their gone. Unless someone saved it...

Adam
03-18-2005, 05:21 AM
Did anyone save the picture from RCDB?

hulkrider04
03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
I didnt, somebody must have!

rollerboy182
03-28-2005, 01:12 PM
dammit i missed them...someone pleeeeeaaaase post them

Wes
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Has anyone heard when this will open next year?

FLCC Josh
03-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Go here....it's the best I can do...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/everest_ridesystem.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/everest_train_closeup1.jpg
http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/everest_train_closeup2.jpg
http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/everest_train_model1.jpg

Wes
03-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks! It says early 06, so that's what I wanted.

We're planning a trip down there next Fall.

p.s. the last 3 links don't work.

Andy
03-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Why do Disney always go with Vekoma for their coasters?

Coasterbp
03-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Vekoma typically is the lowest bidder. Plus, they've had a good working relationship with Disney for several years. They're (Vekoma) willing to design coasters around Disneys "harsh" specs.

Andy
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks! You would think that the other manufacturers would kill to get one of their rides in a Disney park.

hulkrider04
03-28-2005, 05:28 PM
http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm new pics!

Bencerisback
03-28-2005, 05:38 PM
woooohoooo thanks^

im really glad at the way this looks, i can just see it now - im so excited to ride this (cant wait another year!)

Has anyone heard when this will open next year?

i heard they may do a soft opening late this year

Ryan F
03-28-2005, 06:35 PM
how come all the pictures say "referral block"

Andrew W
03-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks! You would think that the other manufacturers would kill to get one of their rides in a Disney park.

Why? With Disney always concealing who builds their rides, it seems you could get more publicity building a major ride at Cedar Point or a major SF park. I mean, when Disney has a press release, they NEVER say who the ride manufacturer is, and when the ride is open, there is no sign on the ride to indicate who built the ride. For example, the plaques on the back of the row 1 seats in ever Intamin sit down coaster that say the ride number and such is missing on CA Screamin, and the S&S logo that is usually seen on the circular end of the arm rests on S&S Tower Rides is missing on Maliboomer.

coasterdude0909
03-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey on one of the pics I noticed some kind of track down at the bottom of a pic that sorta like went under a bridge sortof...I think it was one of the shots from behin the mountain.... Is it part of EE?

Nick W
03-28-2005, 08:17 PM
yes, it is the helix behind the mountain

Carowinds 73-03
03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Sweet. Finally an update. Thanks alot. Those were some awsome pictures.

Bencerisback
03-29-2005, 09:36 PM
can we expect airtime on this coaster, i bet we will because you do on BTMRR and this is bigger and badder

Nick W
03-29-2005, 10:30 PM
From what I know of the layout, it doesn't appear as though there will be much airtime, although I am hoping that I am wrong. The layout appears shorter than people are expected also.

SheiKra
03-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Could you show us what the layout will look like?

hulkrider04
05-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Train pics http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_everest_0.htm
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_everest_1.htm

FLCC Josh
05-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Cool, thanks for the link(s)

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Trains look cool. I would rather see updates on how the entire ride is going. I have not seen any construction pics in a few months now or a month.

coasetrphil
05-04-2005, 04:54 PM
If you guys want almost daily updates on the progress you should check out the forums at www.wdwmagic.com . They have a few posters that are able to give pretty regular updates on the progress.

Carowinds 73-03
05-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks alot for that link Phil. The whole ride is looking awsome inside & out. Now i know ehere to go for updates. The site had some nice construction pics just updated on May 3rd.

Bencerisback
05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
those inside shots are great, i cant wait for this ride

Ryan F
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I cant look at any of the pictures...I get a refferal block.

Nevermind, I had to disable my firewall.

Montu Man
05-04-2005, 11:17 PM
The ride is looking awesome, I was there last weekend, the thing is MASSIVE. I can't wait....

Macyismydog5
05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Those are some nice trains, like the color.

Montu Man
05-05-2005, 08:43 PM
This whole coaster seems like a cross betweent the Matterhorn, Big Thunder, and Mummy. Not bad.

magnumxl2005
05-05-2005, 08:49 PM
I wonder what the top speed is going to be? I decided to hold off my disney trip this summer just for the ride.

revengemummy
05-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Max Speed: 50mph

Bencerisback
05-05-2005, 09:26 PM
you sure about that? even then, for a disney coaster this well themed that is pretty sweet, i just wish there was an inversion on this coaster

Montu Man
05-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Nah, Disney wouldn't do that, this is meant to be a family ride.

magnumxl2005
05-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok sorry for that I forgot to check rcdb. Man I can't wait till disney releases more info on the ride.

hulkrider04
05-09-2005, 03:10 PM
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_everest_0.htm
Trains on site.

Carowinds 73-03
05-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Trains look awsome, Thats for keeping us updated Hulkrider04.

hulkrider04
05-09-2005, 06:15 PM
No problem, and there are more pics at screamscape.

Ryan F
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Last night on Daily Planet they had segment on Expedition Evertest. They showed some 3D images of it, along with details about how it's being built, the architecture in the village at the base of the ride, etc. They also mentioned how the Ride structure is completely independent of the mountain's superstructure...so they're completely intertwined and dont touch once.

EDIT- The whole segment can be found here. (http://www.exn.ca/dailyplanet/) Just look for the May 18th episode and segment called "From Space Mountain to Mount Everest"

hulkrider04
05-23-2005, 03:38 PM
New pics! http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.asp?attraction=everest&location=ak&type=Overview&sub=Construction&pg=1

slnewbus
05-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Just to let you know, I took a few pics myself and the film is developing, so expect them in the next few days.

coaster_kid89
05-23-2005, 05:45 PM
It will be nice to see it when it is done. I just wonder if vekoma will be able to pull off a smooth long lasting ride.

Carowinds 73-03
05-23-2005, 05:50 PM
LOL, Looking good i guess. Looks the same as it did 3 months ago. No wonder it's takeing 2 years to build this ride. I can't wait to see the themeing on this thing, It's going to be awsome.

Thanks for the update. Please keep posting updates as they come in.

Martin
05-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it always does look the same, but when they take down the scaffolding it is going to look awsome. I still can't get over the amount of money they are putting into this ride. 100 million dollars!!!

Tanks4me05
05-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, I can easily see a huge portion of that $100,000,000 is used on scenery. This one might just get my best scenery award. Tower of Terror currently holds that title.

Khartoum
06-04-2005, 01:23 AM
After checking out those photos, I felt like I was transported into the story of the ride already. This ride appears as if it's gonna excel in all aspects.

Maxamillious
06-06-2005, 02:57 AM
This is breath taking it really is. It also said on the vid it had a 30 meeter vertial drop. Possably back wards? The rides goes both ways, so who knows. I cant blieve they spent One Billion Dollars on this, thats freakin insane!! Disney need like rehab or soemthing, becuase who knoes what there going to pop after this rollercoaster?

I imagined build a whole park like that once. The whole land scape as man made ect, themed beyong bliefe. It was pritty. But it was in a dream. I see it has started to come true. No lets see them spend another One Trillion Dollars and theme the whole park that good? lol.

- Max

Ryan F
06-06-2005, 07:21 AM
One Billion? One Trillion? Where are you getting these figures?
Disney didn't spend anywhere close to those numbers. They spent $100 MILLION on Everest.

You also might want to watch your spelling.

Montu Man
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I saw it today (from about a mile away). It's huge, and it looked like a lot more snow was painted on, possible the upper half of the mountain. It was kind of hard to tell.

Maxamillious
06-07-2005, 08:59 PM
One Billion? One Trillion? Where are you getting these figures?
Disney didn't spend anywhere close to those numbers. They spent $100 MILLION on Everest.

You also might want to watch your spelling.

Hey^

Last time i checked 100Million was 1Billion? or for some reaison am i wrong and its 1000Million is 1Billion?

And ya i have dislexia and disgraphia. So i try, other then that your out of luck.:p

- Max

P.S. - i said 1Trillion because that was my guess on how much it would cost Disney to retheme there whole park as good as EE. Thats all.

Martin
06-08-2005, 06:58 AM
There is 1,000 million in 1 billion and 1,000 billion in 1 trillion. Just trying to clear things up.

Montu Man
06-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Hey^

Last time i checked 100Million was 1Billion? or for some reaison am i wrong and its 1000Million is 1Billion?

And ya i have dislexia and disgraphia. So i try, other then that your out of luck.:p

- Max

P.S. - i said 1Trillion because that was my guess on how much it would cost Disney to retheme there whole park as good as EE. Thats all.

It cost 1 billion to build IOA, I don't think retheming a park would be a trillion.

I was at AK today, the thing is progressing fast. I didn't take pics though so too bad for you.

Martin
06-09-2005, 04:36 PM
I never knew what this coaster was actually going to be like. I know its themed with the mountain and all, but what is the layout or stats?

Ryan F
06-09-2005, 04:47 PM
nobody really knows. Disney is keeping a tigh lip on this one.

Martin
06-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the information WildFyre. I guess we will have to find out ourselves.

Alan J
06-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Is there any new photos of the coaster i realy whant to see what the coaster and what kind of themeing and other elemnts it will have though out the ride and in the station.

Johnny Upsidedown
06-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes here is a new update on WDWMAGIC.COM. Photos from 6-7-05 go here http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm if link doesnt work try here and look for update of Everest. http://www.wdwmagic.com/whatsnew.htm

Carowinds 73-03
06-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the update. The ride is starting to take shape nicely.

I think i even noticed some snow already painted on one of the peaks. Way cool.

Bencerisback
06-09-2005, 10:44 PM
wow, the ride hasnt changed much still, but at least they are putting some of the "mountain sculupture" on

hulkrider04
06-12-2005, 08:57 AM
June 12th update http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

Martin
06-12-2005, 11:10 AM
My computer only shows the June 6th update.

hulkrider04
06-12-2005, 11:13 AM
12 June 2005: Latest construction photos (Thanks to ScottJ)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/06-09-2005047_small.jpg (http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/everest/06-09-2005047.jpg) http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/06-09-2005048_small.jpg (http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/everest/06-09-2005048.jpg)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/06-09-2005051_small.jpg (http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/everest/06-09-2005051.jpg) http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/06-09-2005052_small.jpg (http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/everest/06-09-2005052.jpg)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/06-09-2005055_small.jpg (http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/everest/06-09-2005055.jpg) http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/everest/06-09-2005046_small.jpg (http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/everest/06-09-2005046.jpg)

Sorry pics dont work:mad:

Maxamillious
06-14-2005, 10:59 AM
You all need to save the picture to your pc and then save them as attachments in your post so we can view them. I cant see them in your post or on there web site. Thanks.

- max

Khartoum
06-19-2005, 03:42 AM
I wonder when they will be releasing some more info about the storyline of the ride. We still have to wait till next year which is very annoying, but ah well, I can't wait!

hulkrider04
06-26-2005, 07:17 PM
6/25 update
http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

Dr.Bruce Banner
07-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I wonder when they will be releasing some more info about the storyline of the ride. We still have to wait till next year which is very annoying, but ah well, I can't wait!Not if they start previews by the end of this year... :)

hulkrider04
07-22-2005, 01:38 PM
2006 - Expedition Everest: The Legend of the Forbidden Mountain - (7/22/05) Guests spotted one of the Everest cars on the track being taken on a Pull Through the track, complete with yellow clearance boards placed around the cars to represent the average arm length to make sure none of the fake rockwork is too close to the trains. Once the pull through is complete and assuming that the rest of the ride’s systems are operational, they should be clear to start full testing of the coaster itself.

This is really good news!

Carowinds 73-03
07-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I read that yesterday myself, It's awsome to hear it's almost ready for testing.

Is the mountain itself ready? I have not seen any updated pics in a month or two.

Dan G
07-22-2005, 02:44 PM
It's a little far from 2006...Isn't it a little too early to start testing? How much of the actual coaster is left, theres still a few months before it's supposed to open.

Carowinds 73-03
07-22-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm sure the mountain is not complete yet or far rom it but the portions where the coaster is are complete so i think they can start testing and keep testing until the mountain is complete.

Or it could open early.

revengemummy
07-22-2005, 11:06 PM
TA DA ! :D

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=59800&page=1

Carowinds 73-03
07-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Awsome. Thanks a million man, Just the pictures i was looking for.

Never seen this done before so i had to see it.

bk2004
07-23-2005, 01:52 AM
I've seen a picture of MF's trains like that. It was cool.

Anwyho, what's up with the front of the train? It has that box thing on the side and not behing the front train. It looks really weird.

And wow, that mountain project is HUGE. Look at all of those scaffolings sticking out.

hulkrider04
08-03-2005, 12:09 PM
http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm
new update