PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Employee Activity.

kermat13
03-21-2004, 12:30 AM
What is/was your favorite employee activity outside of ERT.

For me, I'd have to say campfires on the beach at CP or maybe movie nights.

Steven
03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Mine was a tie between getting drunk and sleeping. I tried to go to the rec center and catch something on TV if possible. Otherwise, I did hang out with my crew a couple of times (usually at Chet & Matts) or at Louie's.

Cid
03-22-2004, 05:49 PM
chet & matts is awesome! you gotta get the king kong though (29 inch pizza). actually i'm a big fan of the panther's 5 meat special.

anyways. i thought the wicked twister welcome party last year was awesome. i didn't make it to too many ride nights, cause working dragster photo, i had really late nights. they were usually over by the time i'd get off. big bash was fun, but too crowded. if it wasn't for that i would of enjoyed it more. how can you not enjoy free food though. MMMMmmmmmm

MaGnUmKeLly
03-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Chet and Matts rulled. Usually our 1202 parties were a great employee activity.

The_Anomaly
03-22-2004, 07:32 PM
I liked when we used to take employee trips up to King's Dominion, the home of my favorite coaster FOF.

Carowinds 73-03
03-22-2004, 07:47 PM
I loved the trips to Kings Dominion/Island. Those were alot of fun. Usually the entire Vortex crew would go out after we got off work. Either a bar or just somewhere.

incitehawaii
03-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Nothing like ESD trips, especially the one last season to Kennywood, remember that Kelly? I still have that picture keychain of us on that scary log ride. Log rides should NOT have bunny hills in them!!

But yeah, there's nothing like working non-stop for a month then getting to escape the presence of your workplace for a day (eg: getting more than an hour away from CP). My favorite ESD trips: PKI at #1, Kennywood at #2, and... I think I went on another one... don't remember.

MaGnUmKeLly
03-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh ya the kennywood trip, how could I forgot. You guys forceing me on that ride that goes upside down. I had the arror on it as I recall. The best had to be the whip. :-D

incitehawaii
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
OMG, the Whip kicked major booty, LOL. I remember you just sat there and went WHEE everytime it whipped you. LOL, not to mention I was having a MAJOR fit o' the giggles... heehee... CP should put an updated version of the Whip in over by WT. LOL, the Peanuts 500 doesn't count (albeit IS fun as hell!).

Wait, didn't you walk off the Arrow, or was that someone else in our group. I swear me and Rusty rode it by ourselves. OMG though, that ride was major intense and fun! Heehee! That trip kicked butt. LOL, I remember you got so pissed off at Rusty about the ice dessert thing. Heehee... What fun. I have to admit though, Phantom's Revenge was the scariest mofo I've ever been on. Those bunny hills seriously hit more than 1 neg G, I SWEAR. It HURT worse than Maggie's ejection seat!!

Oh, kickball (even though I NEVER GOT TO PLAY because KELLY always cancelled it! Just kidding!!), and other outside sports, or just chilling somewhere in the shade in Commons on a HOT summer afternoon. Speaking of hot...

GOING TO SOAK CITY ON A HOT DAY ON YOUR SPLIT! Now THERE is something I won't forget. OMG Kelly, I did almost everything with Mom (and as a note, two big people should NOT ride waterslides together... BAD idea, but fun ^_^!). We hit Zoom Flume with Brett and Christine (me and Mom on one side, and the other two on the other)... talk about weight disturbance! That had to be the scariest ride I've ever had on a waterslide!! When we hit the splash pool we all smashed into each other. I know I kicked Christine square in the face and Brett went flying out of the raft, and Mom slammed into everyone like a pinball machine. The lifeguard thought we killed each other, it was the worst splashdown she ever saw! In another ride the raft caught the water the wrong way at the splash pool and tipped at a HIGH speed and sent everyone inside flying. It was like being shot out of a cannon!! Ahh, I can still hear the lifeguard screaming for her life as I slammed in to her >=)!! Came out with some bruises but it was fun to go flying (up until I rammed into that poor girl...)!

Ahh... the fun you can have on a 4 hour break ;). Oh, don't forget running to Dragster and getting a ride in during your split! Almost got tardy points for doing that!

MaGnUmKeLly
03-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Wait, didn't you walk off the Arrow, or was that someone else in our group. I swear me and Rusty rode it by ourselves. OMG though, that ride was major intense and fun! Heehee! That trip kicked butt. LOL, I remember you got so pissed off at Rusty about the ice dessert thing. Heehee... What fun. I have to admit though, Phantom's Revenge was the scariest mofo I've ever been on. Those bunny hills seriously hit more than 1 neg G, I SWEAR. It HURT worse than Maggie's ejection seat!!
No that was pugsley, not me. When didn't I ever get mad at him lmao.
Also I am glad your not the only one out there that says that Revenge hurts. Some people don't understand that.

Oh, kickball (even though I NEVER GOT TO PLAY because KELLY always cancelled it! Just kidding!!), and other outside sports, or just chilling somewhere in the shade in Commons on a HOT summer afternoon. Speaking of hot... Never there at the right time. I had to a few times cause people were hogging the field playing football. Can't forget Recroom Jackass....Flying onto the couches and slamming chairs.

Ahh... the fun you can have on a 4 hour break ;). Oh, don't forget running to Dragster and getting a ride in during your split! Almost got tardy points for doing that! How long did you wait ?

incitehawaii
03-26-2004, 04:21 AM
No that was pugsley, not me. When didn't I ever get mad at him lmao.

Also I am glad your not the only one out there that says that Revenge hurts. Some people don't understand that.

Never there at the right time. I had to a few times cause people were hogging the field playing football. Can't forget Recroom Jackass....Flying onto the couches and slamming chairs.

How long did you wait ?
LOL, try you always got poor Rusty all the time!! OMG, me and the girls thought you were going to kill him that one night, LOL!! (But then again, it was the FUNNIEST thing ever!)

And that sucked, I just remembered those football idiots wanted the field. I don't know how they couldn't use the damn grassy area over by the EVC lot by McDonald's... Oh well :) I only witnessed one account of the Recroom Jackass (I don't want to remember it LOL).

As for Dragster, I waited 4 hours and 10 minutes ^_^, and then I had to RUN back to Mean Streak, heehee...

MaGnUmKeLly
03-26-2004, 04:49 PM
I wish they would of had the Dorney trip again before I left. We had a blast with the 9 hour bus trip form he##. I tell you sometime about it. Just to much to say on here. I will be going there sometime this summer if you guys wan't to plan a trip on the weekend.

TopThrillDouger
07-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Hmm, good question...I really love the games night that we have here at CP...they are fun and they give away decent prizes too...makes you feel like a kid again I guess. tehe...

I have so much trouble with the bowler roller too...and I am a sanctioned bowler too...LMAO! ;)

Douger

MaGnUmKeLly
07-19-2004, 08:41 PM
I wish they would of had that Kennywood trip this year. I really was bummed about that. Geauga Lake is having a trip out to Kennywood on the 27th but I really need to worry about other things at the moment.

Coasterholic
07-21-2004, 03:17 AM
SFFT Rides Area 5 Family Nights! Every Thursday night at 11pm. ... :)
*team building outside of work*